It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well, to play devils advocate, the biggest complaint from Rightys over the Gay Tide was that it would turn their children gay.

Looks like those who identify are gaining numbers, so in their eyes, its all coming true and cementing their stances.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Who cares what conservatives or liberals think?

Those two groups are the most narrow minded intolerant bigots this world has ever experienced.

One group 'revolutionary', the other 'reactionary'; both if they had their way would, without impediment, lead to genocide.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: tnhiker
This crap will make it easier for them to assault/rape/install cameras or whatever they do.

Prove it. Prove that "this crap" has made it easier for criminals. Not that it has happened, but that it has made it easier. Men can dress up in a dress and pretend to be a woman right now, regardless of "this crap".

I'm not saying I am against anything being done or changed, but refusal to see and accept the possibilities in the blaze of righteous political correct fury is blindness bordering on stupidity. (this last sentence not aimed at anybody, especially who I quoted)

Gawwd, that sounds like what I say when advocating for common sense gun restrictions.

By that turn of a phrase, prove it won't. Are you willing to risk your child/family member on a theory? I am not.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

What edict are you talking about? Are you talking about the letter in the OP?

The letter specifically states that

The Departments interpret Title IX to require that when a student or the student’s parent or guardian,
as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that
differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent
with the student’s gender identity.

So, no. Some random hairy dude student can't just decide one day on his own to walk into the girls' shower to peek on the girls and get away with it because he says he "feels like a girl" today.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

It's not a theory that crimes happen right now. It's a fact. Am I willing right now to risk my child or myself by going into a public restroom (or to an empty parking lot or any other place that rapes happen)? I guess I am because I go to public restrooms right now, and so does my 14 year old. We usually go together, so safety in numbers.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The Departments interpret Title IX

There lies the coercion and threatening posture by Obama.

Where in Title IX (or anywhere else) does it set in stone who has this "authority" to interpret?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I see 2 sides of this;

- school districts are typically run by a small, local government for a reason. regional cultures vary, and within those regions cultures still vary. parents should have an enormous voice in how schools are operated

- on the other hand, thank God the fed will step in and enforce civil rights issues in schools. To bad their intervention tends to lead to worse troubles (im old enough to remember the desegregation steps taken in Ector County, and how that kind of screwed things up, due to the enormous geographical areas being discussed)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This crap will make it easier for them to assault/rape/install cameras or whatever they do.

Prove it. Prove that "this crap" has made it easier for criminals. Not that it has happened, but that it has made it easier. Men can dress up in a dress and pretend to be a woman right now, regardless of "this crap".

I'm not saying I am against anything being done or changed, but refusal to see and accept the possibilities in the blaze of righteous political correct fury is blindness bordering on stupidity. (this last sentence not aimed at anybody, especially who I quoted)

Gawwd, that sounds like what I say when advocating for common sense gun restrictions.

By that turn of a phrase, prove it won't. Are you willing to risk your child/family member on a theory? I am not.

Have you not been risking them your entire life?

i am in my 40's, and remember hearing about some of the terrible things that adults have done to children in public restrooms throughout my life.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm talking about fear mongering by conservatives who don't like gays or transgender people. The fears never come to pass.

Do you fear men using the same bathroom and locker room and showers as you in a coed environment?

If not, isn't that fear mongering based on what happens in Europe?

The only reason to not have full on coed everything is fear, right?
edit on 13-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The letter states:

The Departments’ interpretation is consistent with courts’ and other agencies’ interpretations of Federal laws prohibiting sex discrimination.

I'm sure these types of issues will go to court, so the court will end up deciding it, based on precedence, I'm sure.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

i am in my 40's, and remember hearing about some of the terrible things that adults have done to children in public restrooms throughout my life.

No, I typically do not risk my kids life. But let me clarify, I am not talking about general risk, because some smart ass will say, you drive don't you. And I am not denying things happen. I am saying, this will increase the risk, it will become more common place. And it's also becoming impossible to speak an opinion that goes against the pc crowd,so, ya know, forget it. I have things to do.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We should probably ban all transgenders until we can figure out what the hell is going on here. Might need a mass deportation policy... I mean who are these people? What do we really know? Have we tried torture?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Put up a wall I guess?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't have a problem with full on coed everything. I know there are some colleges here in the U.S. that have coed dorms with coed bathrooms, where guys and girls walk around either naked or with nothing but a towel around them, and I hear it's no big deal.

Seriously, we need to get over the fact that we have naked bodies. It's just arms, legs, chests, stomachs and reproductive parts. We should all be required to live in a nudist colony for 30 days. At the end of it, we would all be totally desensitized to seeing body parts.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, I typically do not risk my kids life. But let me clarify, I am not talking about general risk, because some smart ass will say, you drive don't you. And I am not denying things happen. I am saying, this will increase the risk, it will become more common place. And it's also becoming impossible to speak an opinion that goes against the pc crowd,so, ya know, forget it. I have things to do.

one of my job duties is risk analysis and risk assessment. Im curious what you are using to quantify your increased risk.

Im anything but PC. i just don't see any increased risk.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'll agree, but until we live i a world that isnt filled with perverts, you have to protect against them, no?

With our abounding Rape culture and all, I'm suprised no one has had an assault at these schools you mentioned. If they did, then whats the qualifier to put up some form of prevention/protection
edit on 5132016 by Butterfinger because: Spelling

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah and if we let gays marry, we're gonna see people marrying their dogs and their toasters, and it's gonna be awful!!!

My toaster is HOT!!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
With all that is failing, broken or just plain wrong with public schools in the USA, I find it shocking and absurd that THIS is what gets attention from both the President and the public.

And look, I'm not callous to at-risk youth, civil liberty issues or whatever. But dang, we're talking about fooking bathrooms people. This has become insane.

I fear it will take an ACTUAL Earth-shattering crisis for people to calm down and focus on what really matters. This is first world fluff and nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That argument makes much more sense.

Otherwise we're picking and choosing whose fear matters more.

The only way to correctly legislate this is either strictly, you use the bathroom which goes along with the equipment you were born with or we just go completely coed where it's the same rules and standards for everyone.

But one can't throw around "fear" and that some are afraid of gays or transgendered yet at the same time argue men and women can't change, use the bathroom or shower together as the only argument against that again is, fear.

If women have the right to say I fear men changing/showering with me and put that fear above a father not wanting a grown man changing next to his daughter.

Instead, we see some suggesting one fear is bigoted while they have their right to their own fear. And I don't see anyone campaigning for coed locker rooms and bathrooms which is the obvious solution to all this and goes back to their own fear and putting it above everyone else's.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah and if we let gays marry, we're gonna see people marrying their dogs and their toasters, and it's gonna be awful!!!

My toaster is HOT!!!

Especially when it's turned "on".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join