It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an odd super power that I have

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

no I do not frequently have sweaty palms, but I do sweat ALOT when I work out. I feel as if its why I look so young for being almost 40

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Hmm. Some type of hyperperspiration is a theory anyway.
So long as this doesn't concern you, enjoy your superpower!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think the OP just isn't touching hot things for as long as they think they are.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: KnightFire

looks like ATS will have no proof, I actually don't want to prove shiii, not my intent.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what it possibly could be ?

If you don't believe me I really don't care.

If you believe, that's all that matters. Proving to people on ATS, that's another whole different story.

edit on 12-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

lol, I touch them alright. I know this is not normal. I know this bc I used to touch them (these hot surfaces / fire) just as I do now, maybe even not as much, and I used to blister, very painful for along time.

Now, I know it will be over within a few minutes and I can go on my life like it never happened.

This cannot be normal, unless there is something that happens to the skin as you age?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There is, calluses form.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

also it doesn't matter, even if you touch a hot stove top for just a fraction of a second...a blister should form.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I've got a super power WAY cooler than yours.

I can fly!

It only normally lasts a couple of seconds and it's normally straight down, but I can still do it.

I won't post any videos because all I have to do is believe it and share it here so I can get attention.

(post by veracity removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

Go F-off

Don't burn yourself on those words. It might blister.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

People walk across hot coals all the time and don't get burnt. I have an aunt who pulls hot cookie sheets out of the oven and doesn't get burnt, because she has calluses from doing it all the time.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Good thing I don't blister

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Good thing I don't blister

I don't blister from a brief touch either. Most people don't.

But like I said, I can fly!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Have you ever visited the fukishima area within the last 5 years?
Maybe you should contact the avengers, they could probably do with someone with your powers..

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
lofl, this is not normal for me. I used to blister so easily. Most people do.

Maybe it is just callouses, good thing bc I HATE blisters.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

these are not brief touches, fyi

and even with brief touches, most people DO blister if the surface is hot as the ones I have touched.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

these are not brief touches, fyi

and even with brief touches, most people DO blister if the surface is hot as the ones I have touched.

Yet you can't and won't prove it.

You seem like such a credible person too.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Try this and you will know for sure........join the circus as one of those midget clowns that jump through flaming hoops...it will be extremely difficult to do ( if you are not a midget ) to jump through them hoops, thus burning the crap out of your hair. If you are as you say you are, you will not burn, and you will get paid handsomely as well as earn the respect of circus midgets everywhere.

Serious, join the carnie crowd ..they could find a use for such a talent...just don't get stuck operating the sizzler...that's bearded lady territory.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My three middle fingertips, and thumbs, right and left hand are dulled to heat sensitivity I can handle about 3-400 degrees Fahrenheit for fiveish seconds with no burn no blister. My body tells me it's hot; I just won't burn.

However I am a cook who had burnt myself hundreds of times. It's a common phenomenon for cooks. I joke with the new cooks who can't bare hand food off the flat top or out of the oven: "ha you have pu**y hands!"
edit on 12-5-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

I have talked to cooks like that, and been laughed at when hot plates come up and I cannot touch when I served.

However, I have never had a job where I always touched hot things (I had Pus*y server hands) but it does get me thinking that maybe after my "big last blister" (with the animal salve) that maybe it brought my tolerance or skin healing abilities up a level.

??

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join