It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an odd super power that I have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It just happened to me last night. I seared my fingers on my stove, I was cleaning it with a wet wipe.

Anyways, I jumped back, just knew my fingers were going to be blistered all up and down, then realized~~~Hey wait, I have this odd super-power where I cannot burn myself~~~

Sure enough, a few minutes later, no pain, no markings, like it didn't happen.

This has happened to me a few time before. My family and friends would freak out that I touched a hot pan or rock in the fire and yes, I do jump back in pain, bc it hurts. They are stumbling trying to get running cold water, ice anything to help and im like..."im just fine".

I was not always like this, in fact the last time I burned myself with a blister was about 10 yrs ago, in a bonfire, I grabbed a lit stick. The blister was so huge, my veterinary friend was kind enough to give me some salve that they use on animals. (magic salve?)

Anyways, the blister successfully went away a cpl weeks later, and never a blister again.

The instances where I burn myself ARE bad, they are not just quick touches. They are full hand around the hot pan, full hand on lit stove-top, hand into the flames to pick up a hot rock, all times I should have had at least 3rd degree burns, but not so much as a blister or even a sore redness...in fact, a few minutes go by and its like it never happened.

I cannot find (or do not know how to search) for WTF is going on with me. I refuse to do thorough studies on this but I do find that I am careless around bonfires / cooking / stoves bc, well, I know it wont hurt. That is bad, I know.

Also, I am normally very hot and sweat easily, but when there is a heat wave and its very hot outside, I am oddly very cool-bodied. I get so worked up bc I know that I will be miserable on the hottest days of the summer, but I am refreshingly very cool, even when my thermo is at 80. Maybe everyone is like that? Comments please.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So you have fast reflexes…

Your skin burns like everyone else's.

Edit: Try not pulling back from the heat and see. better yet, don't touch hot surfaces?
edit on 12-5-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If it did, I wouldn't be so perplexed but the pain is real, however the blisters and redness that I used to get when I touched something remotely hot do not appear and the pain goes away very fast. When I used to burn, it would hurt for hours.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

oil up and lay out in the 2 PM sun somehwhere by the equator. If you are caucasian/fair skinned I'd be willing to bet you will get sunburnt

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

hell no im not doing that

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

If it did, I wouldn't be so perplexed but the pain is real, however the blisters and redness that I used to get when I touched something remotely hot do not appear and the pain goes away very fast. When I used to burn, it would hurt for hours.

So you developed calluses from practice? You;re not one of those that hold lighters under their arm are you?

If you get a second degree burn apply liquid soap to it, still turns red but blisters and hurts less from secondary physical reaction.

You may have less sensitivity to pain, but I still hold you 'burn' like everyone else. So now you need to show us a video of you burning yourself without effect.

Belay that order… thats dangerous.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

but that brings up another thought, I used to get blisters all the time when I was in the sun, tiny blisters, I tried to stay out of the sun all together.

No more blisters lately, I don't lay out in the sun much, but I am out in the sun a lot and have not been burned like I used to.

Is it bc im getting older perhaps?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

lol. im not doing any challenges. Maybe I do just have a higher tolerance of pain, but still, no blisters?

The skin is so sensitive to flames and heat... mine used to blister, not anymore. So freakin' strange to me.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So you still get burned if you don't pull back fast enough, did I got this right?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When I was a kid I used to have some pretty badass calluses on my feet, I could put out cigarettes on my feet and not even feel any heat.

I lost my calluses in boot camp, it was disappointing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

I have the pain I have always had when I touch hot things and jump back as I always have and as anyone would, and I anticipate having the blister and the lingering pain, think "oh Fu*K, this is going to hurt, probably cant work as well for the next cpl days", but after a few mins, maybe even less, its over...no more pain, no blister, no redness. Like it never happened.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I only mention it because if you are immune to burning, sun burns would also fall into that category

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
When I was a kid I used to have some pretty badass calluses on my feet, I could put out cigarettes on my feet and not even feel any heat.

now your username makes perfect sense
hehe
edit on 12-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

so do you think I have built up callouses all over my body bc im just getting old and burns will not affect me the same?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I actually do not burn from the Sun as I used to either.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I have the pain I have always had when I touch hot things and jump back as I always have and as anyone would, and I anticipate having the blister and the lingering pain, think "oh Fu*K, this is going to hurt, probably cant work as well for the next cpl days", but after a few mins, maybe even less, its over...no more pain, no blister, no redness. Like it never happened.

That didn't answer my question. What happens if you leave your hand on a hot surface for a few seconds without jumping back?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Does this answer your question.....

I DONT! I have never done that, im not crazy. As I stated in the OP I will not conduct experiments on myself.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If there isn't any videos of you burning yourself with nothing happening, then you don't have any super powers to prove on ATS. We all need proof on ATS so get your camera out and happy filming.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you run hot and sweat easily, and are often cool in summer (sweat is the body's coolant system) maybe you perspire more than most people; I'm thinking microbeads that form regularly on your skin, particularly your hands. This might explain having an extra second or so before being burned rather than someone else.

Do you have frequently damp palms?
edit on 12-5-2016 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

looks like ATS will have no proof, I actually don't want to prove shiii, not my intent.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what it possibly could be ?

If you don't believe me I really don't care.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join