It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Flip-Flops on Minimum Wage Increase

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Indigo5

So human beings in politics aren't allowed to evolve like us regular people? I have changed my mind on many things over the years. I would hardly call it a flip flop as I consider it an evolution that comes with time and wisdom.

Also, aren't you in favor or Trump's new position? I think you would be glad he came around to your point of view and perhaps you should be praising him for his new enlightened perspective.

I was going to say the same thing. Did he just get new information that cause him to change his stance? That's natural. Give me more information and I'll evolve and change what I'm doing.

Trump's loyal supporters have proved the opposite. They are cognitively bullet-proof to new information.

Or as Trump likes to brag..
Jan 24, 2016 - "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would say out of all discussion forums this probably has one of the better membership bases and is usually well moderated.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I would say out of all discussion forums this probably has one of the better membership bases and is usually well moderated.

That is true. ATS is a gem in a pile of turds.

That being said, it is still popular to use hyperbole, personal attacks, outright lies and to make comments devoid of actual facts.

I'm very unpopular around here and that is because I get shouted-down for using facts and logic.

My time on this site would be much easier if I just engaged in ignorance and tossed-around attacks at Leftists.
edit on 9-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump made a comment somewhere recently he would rather see the States and Localities set the minimum wages.

Makes sense since all State and Local economies are not balanced and equal nationwide.

In fact, many Localities have minimum wages well above $7.25.

Completely agree, I've lived in 2 different states. Connecticut's cost of living is about double what it is in Indiana. It would make no sense to have the same minimum wage in both states.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Or better yet, come up some threads of your own that debunk and dispel the claims of an article before anybody else posts.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Your not popular because your on a Conspiracy forum and generally take an overtly skeptical stance against everything

Often theories require creative and intuivie logic and it's not all cerebral.

Your lucky you weren't hear before 2012 you probably would have quit by now

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm very unpopular around here

Not with the people I converse with.

You're a much loved member with very valid input.

I think all of us are a target of the ilk you refer to.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Give the guy some slack, he is gemini by birth, geminis are know to flip flop all the time! They have brilliant ideas, get all entusiastic, but before they set them in motion, they are already making some other stuff up.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Give the guy some slack, he is gemini by birth, geminis are know to flip flop all the time! They have brilliant ideas, get all entusiastic, but before they set them in motion, they are already making some other stuff up.

Haha I do that all the time and I'm a classic gemibi. Funny you should mention.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Your not popular because your on a Conspiracy forum and generally take an overtly skeptical stance against everything

That is correct. I find a skeptical approach to be the most logical.

Often theories require creative and intuivie logic and it's not all cerebral.

Theories also require an element of truth as a starting point.

Your lucky you weren't hear before 2012 you probably would have quit by now

I was.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Including myself!

The poster in question and I usually disagree on many subjects, sometimes heatedly. However that doesn't mean there can't be common ground or mutual respect.

I have found myself a target of the same people he is speaking of, and those posters use to be some that I thought I shared a common value system with.

Apparently I'm one of the few that still does

I'm not ashamed at all to stand by my more liberal brethren against things that are clearly wrong.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

it is still popular to use hyperbole, personal attacks, outright lies and to make comments devoid of actual facts.

Yes, and it's getting worse. People claim any and every thing and expect all to believe it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that not everyone prays for my demise.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Astrology can be very much spot on, not the daily astrology stuff, but the characteristics and details, alied with rising sign, moon sign and chinese sign, can give you very interesting insights on someones personalities and actions, it's fascinating.

If you do a little check on the presidential candidates, you will notice how their signs are spot on, minus Cruz, actually Cruz is a weird one.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You and I have come a long way. We don't always agree, but you have been consistent in your political ideologies. You also happen to be one of two members on this site I would consider a true conservative.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You and I have come a long way. We don't always agree, but you have been consistent in you political ideologies. You also happen to be one of two members on this site I would consider a true conservative.

I agree my friend. It's great to see our evolution as people and ideas exchange and it's good to have people like you that make me question my viewpoints!

Don't ever stop doing that bud!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

That's because Cruz is a CIA plant.

Also if you could start a Trump astrology thread ID really appreciate that.

Or at the very least email me a report and I'll do it.
edit on 5/9/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Balance is key.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I've noticed this election cycle "your own", for want of a better descriptive, have turned on you...

Which is a shame because you've been a solid conservative since I've been here.

Kool Aid my friend, it's the Kool Aid.

Far from it, my friend... I look forward to your input on a daily.
You often give me a smile with your acerbic wit.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This site is spot on, they go into great detail, might not talk about deep motivations or if someone's intentions are good or bad by his own astrological nature.

www.astrotheme.com...

This one is not bad either:

mountainastrologer.com...

See if you can take some useful information from there.
edit on 9-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join