It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Flip-Flops on Minimum Wage Increase

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nov 3rd, 2015 GOP Debates

“I can’t be…and the reason I can’t be is because we are a country that is being beaten on every front,” Trump said on Tuesday night. “Taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world.”

OK...Wages "Too High" to compete

Later that same week

But on Fox News’ “Special Report” Thursday he insisted that he never said wages were too high, just that the minimum wage should not increase.

“I didn’t say that. Bret, we were talking about the minimum wage, and they said ‘should we increase the minimum wage?’ And I’m saying that if we’re going to compete with other countries we can’t do that because the wages would be too high,” Trump said after host Bret Baier asked him about his comments.

“I was referring to the minimum wage,” Trump continued.

The business mogul said that people say they want to increase the minimum wage because it sounds good politically and even though it’s hard for him to say, he had to stand strong on not raising the minimum wage because “our country is losing businesses.”

OK...Now Wages are not "too high"...but we should not raise the minimum wage because we would not be able to compete in the world? He is going to "stand strong" on this.

May 8th 2016

Trump: 'I don't know how people make it on $7.25 an hour'
“I have seen what's going on,” he said. “And I don't know how people make it on $7.25 an hour. Now, with that being said, I would like to see an increase of some magnitude. But I'd rather leave it to the states. Let the states decide.”

From "wages too high"

to "not too high, but absolutely should not increase...

to the minimum wage should be raised...but let the States decide.

* My question is...How does anybody at all follow what his platform is on an issue? Do you need to follow twitter on a daily basis to figure out what he believes on any given day?

It's not just the Min Wage...it's virtually everything he says..

www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

edit on 9-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trump made a comment somewhere recently he would rather see the States and Localities set the minimum wages.

Makes sense since all State and Local economies are not balanced and equal nationwide.

In fact, many Localities have minimum wages well above $7.25.

edit on May-09-2016 by xuenchen because: cash it in

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

But I'd rather leave it to the states. Let the states decide.

That is the comment his supporters are going to cling to. It does not matter if he does contradict himself, that comment gives them, what they will believe, the rationalization they need.

Trump is beginning to become the troll we know him to be.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But the anti-Trolls are getting the votes for Trump.

Bizarre.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump made a comment somewhere recently he would rather see the States and Localities set the minimum wages.

uh...yes...I cited it right there in the Op above? Did you read it? Do you have any comment on how he has moved miles on the issue in a matter of months?

Cuz honestly..tons of Trump supporters here on ATS were fiercely defending his stance on not raising the minimum wage and how wages are too high to compete in the world?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

But the anti-Trolls are getting the votes for Trump.

Bizarre.

Yup, that the latest propaganda buzz.

Sad that you continue to parrot it.

Care to comment on Trumps flip flop?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Trumps flip flop is a campaign tactic designed to attract the anti-Trumps and therefore gain more votes and media exposure by default.

It's a brilliant new idea this year isn't it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

uh...yes...I cited it right there in the Op above? Did you read it? Do you have any comment on how he has moved miles on the issue in a matter of months?

Cuz honestly..tons of Trump supporters here on ATS were fiercely defending his stance on not raising the minimum wage and how wages are too high to compete in the world?

Im a conservative , I am not pro raising the minimum wage.......myself and others who are REAL conservatives , see straight through Trump.

This guy has flipped flopped on EVERY ISSUE out there, pandering to whoever was in front of him at the moment and many times falling back on his TRUE more liberal belief systems.

No offense to my well respected liberal friends on this site.

You are correct, they will continue this "He wants states to handle it" to try and hold on to some vestige that he is a conservative leader, when in all reality, NO ONE really knows what he is because Trump, IMHO doesnt have a belief on anything.......what TRUMP believes in is whatever helps him line his pockets or further his brand AT THE TIME.

His cult following will deny, obfuscate, attack, anyone or anything that brings the facts to light on Trump. We see it over and over.

I am however glad to see that this charade with Trump has exposed those who do not stand by their principles, and also brought together people from across the isle, who have common sense to see this guy for who he is.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Trumps flip flop is a campaign tactic designed to attract the anti-Trumps and therefore gain more votes and media exposure by default.

So dishonesty is now an ATTRACTIVE trait for candidates? funny how everything that use to be BAD is now lauded by Trump supporters.

My how you "conservatives" have fallen

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How could someone who has NEVER worked a day in their lives possibly have any idea what it is like down here where we dwell?.

Blabbering about deals and money and debt " how can we default if we print the money?" He says.

No idea about debt or banking or anything. Most of all no idea how the economy was created to fail and require war to reset everything. Nope, no pattern there.

This guy is just completely clueless and is playing a great big joke on everyone, and the scary part is people support him and think he is for real.

He is just feeding his ego, and things won't get better if he gets into the white house where he can feed it even more by getting us into a war because someone says something that hurts his feelings.

Like any other business person or politician, he babbles a big game and sends other people to do the work and claim responsibility for succeeding without doing any of the work himself, while finding around paying those who did the work, those who invested their time.

The scariest part of it is he babbles the same garbage as any other lying politician, ONLY minus "political correctness".

Political correctness does need to be addressed so the things that are not said do get addressed, but he sounds like an obstinate and stupid high school bully when he babbles about it...

Do any of you people really take this idiot seriously?.

It's just a show, and act, a joke...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Just because this is a conspiracy site does not mean you have to check your intelligence at the door.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert Are You kidding me ? Trump supporters don't have the "hive" mentality Bernie supporters do, I voted for trump and I cant stand the guy, I hear the b.s. and I have decided to turn against him time and time again, then everytime I decide to NOT be for Trump someone like You and your insulting comment makes me want to vote for him again. Thanks a lot.........He didn't specify but just maybe he meant rich peoples wages are too high ? I don't think he thinks 7.25 is too high, I should hope not...............I would totally be a Bernie person ONLY because he wants to reschedule but he copies everything Trump says : NATO,CHINA RIPPING US OFF,HILLARY NOT QUALIFIED, ELECTION RIGGED, and the supporters I see on tv that cant answer a question makes me embarrassed to be a Bernie supporter and to be fair a Trump supporter. Plus last night Bernie lied about Trump 6 times , said he doesn't want to raise min wage, said he insulted blacks and the 4 other typical lies he tells to spew racial hate speech. We all hate Hillary I beleive. #IHATE.THEM.ALL Last thing, people please learn your politics before being asked about it on live tv or if you protest someone please know why you are protesting them.

edit on 9-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Trump flip flops. I still support him.

Your candidate, and every other candidate, also flip flops. You still support them.

Where does this get us?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Nice rant.

Feel better now?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20702940]MEDIKATED
then everytime I decide to NOT be for Trump someone like You and your insulting comment makes me want to vote for him again. Thanks a lot.........

I do not doubt that is a motivating factor for many Trump supporters..But wow...No BS...my 7 year old daughter makes more informed choices on what she eats for breakfast.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So dishonesty is now an ATTRACTIVE trait for candidates? funny how everything that use to be BAD is now lauded by Trump supporters.

My how you "conservatives" have fallen

Sure looks like the open dishonesty is the new normal.

All the main party candidates have and are doing it.

Guess there's nothing else left.

edit on May-09-2016 by xuenchen because: no real issues anymore

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Just because this is a conspiracy site does not mean you have to check your intelligence at the door.

I thought it was a well-worded piece of sarcasm and hyperbole.

Sorry to see you missed it.

edit on 9-5-2016 by paradoxious because: * to remove the idiotic troll-bait image

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
a reply to: introvert Are You kidding me ? Trump supporters don't have the "hive" mentality Bernie supporters do, I voted for trump and I cant stand the guy, I hear the b.s. and I have decided to turn against him time and time again, then everytime I decide to NOT be for Trump someone like You and your insulting comment makes me want to vote for him again. Thanks a lot.........He didn't specify but just maybe he meant rich peoples wages are too high ? I don't think he thinks 7.25 is too high, I should hope not...............I would totally be a Bernie person ONLY because he wants to reschedule but he copies everything Trump says : NATO,CHINA RIPPING US OFF,HILLARY NOT QUALIFIED, ELECTION RIGGED, and the supporters I see on tv that cant answer a question makes me embarrassed to be a Bernie supporter and to be fair a Trump supporter. Plus last night Bernie lied about Trump 6 times , said he doesn't want to raise min wage, said he insulted blacks and the 4 other typical lies he tells to spew racial hate speech. We all hate Hillary I beleive. #IHATE.THEM.ALL Last thing, people please learn your politics before being asked about it on live tv or if you protest someone please know why you are protesting them.

So you abandon your principles out of spite?

That doesnt sound like a responsible voter honestly, or someone who is genuinely concerned about the future of the country.

On your first point, I completely disagree, time and time again in these threads when confronted with FACTS on Trump the MO from his supporters is to Deny or attack......

Deny all you want but the evidence speaks for itself

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump flip flops. I still support him.

Your candidate, and every other candidate, also flip flops.

In order to Flip Flop, you must begin with a position you actually believe in.

The evidence suggests that Trump is a walking void of actual beliefs apart from his own self interest..which leads to pandering and flip flops without limits and a dramatically changing platform to suit his audience on any given morning.

It's a different kind of animal...one raised in wealth without accountability and the belief that he is the most important person in the world. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

It's trolling. Nothing more, nothing less.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join