It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11The words are God's words and they are truth. We'll see what tune you sing when the time comes.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Their gods words because why? Because the bible says it's the word of god? So does The qur'an. What makes the bible the word of god? Why not the Vedic traditions? Or the native American folklore?

I could call myself a prophet of god and say my words are gods words too. See how easy that is. What makes my words less credible than Paul? Why believe the words of Paul when they are the opposite of the one you call the savior? Because it's easier to just believe than it is to follow the laws of the bible.

What about the fact that the bible is full of contradictions with modern science ? There goes it's truth. Noahs ark? Living three days in a fish? Talking donkeys, a woman turning to salt , walking on water.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I get the distinct feeling you don't believe, once 7 years a Christian.

Just out of interest Joe
When you were going to church, acting the Christian life, do you actually think you were a Christian or were you just going through the motions
Mimicking everyone else
It seems strange you could believe, if you ever did believe and then turn completely around to fundamental atheism

I wonder were you a fundamental Christian

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Lazarus Short

How about we just find out when we get there. Because no matter what you will not hear me. But I know you will hear God at the Judgement.

If not judgement then no problem but if there is the problem is all yours.

God has given us His Word, so we don't need to "find out when we get there." A good, honest translation of His Word will provide you with all you need in this life, and Jesus hinted that there was yet more to come.

Express yourself better and I may hear you, yet we are far from on the same page.

We will all stand before the Judgment, and give an account of our lives to God. I have already heard God, both from His written Word, but also by way of that still, small Voice not heard with the ears. That Voice was gentle but firm, showing me the proper path, but almost amused to see what I would choose...

God's Judgment is not what you think it is. What you think is Hell is only the Lake of Fire, and like the fire in the Burning Bush, it burns but does not consume those in it. In like manner, the LoF will burn away our dross, chaff, tares, wood, hay and stubble - those tossed in will suffer loss, but will be saved, as by fire.

If this is not so, explain how God can ever become All in all.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I told you I no longer believe that much is evident. I did believe before and just like hundreds of thousands and millions of other Christians my beliefs faded over time. Ever here of the clergy project? Hundreds of former pastors have abandoned the faith because they came to the same realization I have. The story is nothing but a story. To believe in the bible is forsake common sense and logic.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus ShortJesus took my judgement upon him self I will not stand at the white throne judgement. I will stand before the judgement seat of Christ for rewards though.

Jesus had the most to say on hell but you don't believe it to be God's words therefore I leave that to him when you get there.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Lazarus ShortJesus took my judgement upon him self I will not stand at the white throne judgement. I will stand before the judgement seat of Christ for rewards though.

Jesus had the most to say on hell but you don't believe it to be God's words therefore I leave that to him when you get there.

My survey of the New Testament shows the "Jesus spoke most about Hell" chestnut to be a lie. He did speak of Gehenna, a literal place, and warned people not to end up there. Yet that is not Hell, as many Bibles mis-translate it.

Laz believes every Word God spoke or caused His prophets to write down. Our task is to read and understand His Word and not to overlay it with men's doctrine. Got Whiteout?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

It is all unverifiable gnosis. You can't tell until you die, and then it is too late, and you can't communicate it reliably back to the rest of humanity. Don't sweat it. I follow a different set of beliefs, non Abrahamic ones, and we don't angst over burning in Hell, there is no Hell in our path. Are we correct? Who knows?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My brother you have god within you...just stop thinking to much and help others

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting that you recongbize the Qur'an promotes rape and slavery but conveniently forget the passages of your own book of worship that does the same.

Or bring up Islam's wars while conviently leaving out the crusades and witch burnings of the Christian faith.

Christianities hands are not clean at all. You can't bring up one religions transgressions and forget about your own as if they never happened.

Please point them out, not the words of men of old testament prophets, whom all died for there sin's except for enoch and Elijah whom walked with god all the day's of there lives but those of Christ, Christ is my religion, the prophets of the old testament were only there to lead up to him and nearly all of them sinned to they died which mean's that many of the thing's they did or said were not of God, now please explain your point again, you do not even know my religion or else you would never have made such a preposterous and plainly ludicrous and misinformed statement.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Christ said that he came not to abolish the law or the prophets. Correct?

The law and the prophets stated that if you rape an unwed woman you must pay her father 30 shekels and take her as your wife (possession)

The law stayed that those who work on the Sabbath should surely be killed.

The prophets ordered the mass killings of the Amalekites.

So it was okay for the god and prophets of the old testament to do these things? Jesus did not condemn the actions of the prophets or of Yahweh.

Christ also said slaves should listen to their owners. So what gives you the right to condemn another religion and claim yours is righteous?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Names calling the Third D in the disinformationists arsenal.

So as to show I speak truth please observe out of the 54 times Hell is mentioned in the Preserved word of God, Jesus spoke of Hell 15 times, that is about 1/3 of the verses in the Bible that use it. I stand corrrect Jesus spoke th emost about hell in the Bible.

Mt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mt 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mt 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Mt 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mt 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mr 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mr 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mr 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Lu 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
Lu 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Names calling the Third D in the disinformationists arsenal.

So as to show I speak truth please observe out of the 54 times Hell is mentioned in the Preserved word of God, Jesus spoke of Hell 15 times, that is about 1/3 of the verses in the Bible that use it. I stand corrrect Jesus spoke th emost about hell in the Bible.

Mt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mt 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mt 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Mt 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mt 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mr 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mr 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mr 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Lu 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
Lu 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Lu 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Name calling? Did I do that??

It is not enough to cite instances of the use of the pagan word "Hell." You must dig beneath the surface, look at the marginal notes, interlinear texts, Strong's, Young's, and any other helps you can find to see if these things are true. If you do, you are the modern inheritor of the Bereans, who got praise from God. The Hell-infused KJV is not the only translation out there, and some do not contain the pagan word "Hell" at all.

Note:
Sheol is not Hell
Hades is not Hell
Gehenna is not Hell
the Lake of Fire is not Hell

The word "Hell" is pagan, and like the belief itself, it comes from the pagan world, and has come into Christian belief as an overlay. It is now a spiritual stronghold in the minds of many, and questioned by few. I spent over a year in study, to see if the Hell Theory was correct, and concluded that it was not.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short"Chestnut" I took that as you pun on my name. If jnot then I apologize.

That is where we differ. By Faith in God's word as found in Psalm 12:6.7, I believe he has preserved one of the 350 plus English versions of the Bible into the trade language of English. I believe that to be the AV. Since he preserved it, the English words are correct translation of the original, not pagan words or words of men. I don't have to go to Hebrew or Greek to change it to make it say something other than what it plainly says.

The difference is Faith that God has kept his word and preserved it from everlasting to everlasting.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

While I'm at it, may I ask you, as a representative of the fire-forever crowd, do you realize that your Hell-preaching begets fear, and God tells us that the fearful will not enter the Kingdom? How do you answer that?

Those who preach Fire & Brimstone, Hell, Eternal Torture, Eternal Destruction, and all that sort of thing are stirring up fear everywhere. However, they don't seem to fear that threat in the Revelation that the fearful will not enter the Kingdom. I think this means any true Gospel can not be a Gospel of Fear. Love casts out all Fear, but they whip it up all the time. I think a lot ot the wailing and gnashing of teeth happens at the pulpit. No, give me that Old Time Religion (First Century) - a Gospel of Love.

Tell me, how does a Hell-beliver explain the Apostle Paul, who NEVER wrote of Hell? I think you must fall back on a limited number of "proof texts," but I can easily copy and paste 77 Biblical texts which indicate that all are saved. I have, as I said, examined every book, every chapter, every verse in the Bible with a view to proving or disproving Hell. Hell fails a close examination, and that is why proof texts are always trotted out, intimidating the fearful who are too afraid to do their homework.

BTW, when I used the word "chestnut" I was not being punny.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Lazarus Short because: duly filled out

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Lazarus Short"Chestnut" I took that as you pun on my name. If jnot then I apologize.

That is where we differ. By Faith in God's word as found in Psalm 12:6.7, I believe he has preserved one of the 350 plus English versions of the Bible into the trade language of English. I believe that to be the AV. Since he preserved it, the English words are correct translation of the original, not pagan words or words of men. I don't have to go to Hebrew or Greek to change it to make it say something other than what it plainly says.

The difference is Faith that God has kept his word and preserved it from everlasting to everlasting.

I was once a KJV loyalist like my father before me, and his father before him. Please note that your KJV tells you the foundational truth that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1) It fails to mention that He made Hell, and that is your first clue. The Apostle John, in 1:3 of his Gospel, tells us: "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." He is telling you that if God did not make Hell (and God fails to tell us that He did, though He had ample opportunity), then no one else made it either. That alone is enough to invalidate Hell as a doctrine.

Now while I'm at it, I must comment on how you put the cart before the horse: "I don't have to go to Hebrew or Greek to change it to make it say something other than what it plainly says." Properly, the Hebrew or Greek is foundational, and to translate it into English is to change it, but nuances of meaning are often lost. That is why serious students of the Bible study those languages or at least have good Concordances or www aids like Bible Gateway. No, it is plainly said in the Hebrew and/or Greek languages, and English is too often a poor reflection. Even so, most comes through rather well. The blind devotion of some KJV-only advocates is close to idolatry, IMHO.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Lazarus Short because: filled out again

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I learned something about the Bible over the last 25 years and that is not everything about God, hell, heaven, Seraphim, cherubims, cherubs, angels and eternity is recorded in the Bible. what lay in the pages of the Bible is for man and the bible deals with men.

So just because it doesn't tell you when the hell or the lake of fire was created does not mean the Bible is in error. What is revealed about Hell is for us the secret things belong to God.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

I am devoted to God, the Word and the Holy Ghost.

However, if God did not preserve his words to this generation as promised then he isn't worth following.

the other problem you have is that your Hebrew and Greek documents are all copies of the Originals. So how could you scientifically verify that the Hebrew or Greek is true with out an original?

Copies are not original no matter if they are in the original language. So This is why God preserved it and promised to and has.

Why do you assume God has not preserved his words into English and gives us the correct translation? He gives us his word yet very few believe him.

edit on 12-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus ShortConcerning Paul, he did not preach hell because the gospel he preached is not the kingdom Gospel, it is the gospel of the grace of God. that means no sin, violation of Mosaic law or any other act out side of not believing on Christ work of the Cross will send you to hell.

The simplicity of the Gospel of the grace of God is by faith you are saved through grace and that not of yourself it is a gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

I have said again and again and all people do is argue but there is a difference between the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Gospel of Grace, and the Eternal Gospel. But no one studies they just assume because some one else said they are all the same.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I do not weary my flesh in Hebrew and Greek words studies because God preserved his words to me and all I have to do is believe them and follow that which pertains to me. I study to bring out his truth and application for lifes applications.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

ChesterJohn, your viewpoint seems very odd to me - you reject the Hebrew and Greek texts as mere copies, although the Bible in the original languages is the best (by far!) preserved document we have from antiquity. Further, Ivan Panin insists that what we have can be restored to the original text mathematically perfect. However, you insist that the English KJV translation of imperfect copies is the infallible Word of God. Why not other translations done by devout men? Why just this translation done by admittedly devout men? Be aware that I have read the arguments of KJV-only believers, and have visited KJV-only websites.

BTW, I have a verse for you: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

God is here saying that if you can dig into what He has hidden/concealed in His Word, and bring out some hidden Truth, then you are a king.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Lazarus Short because: filled out again, and again

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus ShortOh and I have dug out a great and marvelous understanding of the fact the earth is way older than what many Christians claim. Proverbs 8:22-24 sheds great light on the fact the Earth was made before there was depth of space and that it did not have water on it just like the New earth in Rev 22 does not have any seas.

Also I have4 found that the earth of Genesis 1:1 had not seas but something took place that cause the waters to leave their decreed place in the fountains and it was something to do with a throne that Lucifer tried to exalt and caused his fall. there is a GAP between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Up until verse 3-5 of Genesis it was from everlasting. the 24/7 was established on the first day as found in the aforementioned verses. From that time forward god made the earth habitable to sustain animal and human life. A firmament was established to separate not just the waters above from below but it also separates man from the abode of God. That is why in verse 6-8 he does not say of that day what he created was good. But in the long run he says it is very good and how true that is for a sinful man cannot enter into the presence of God without being destroyed by his glory and holiness.

But try digging out the differences in the three gospels first, then you can rightly divide according to that, for that is what concerns you more than any other for the time being. No need to dig out the things that are easily seen just observe and apply.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join