It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting that you recongbize the Qur'an promotes rape and slavery but conveniently forget the passages of your own book of worship that does the same.

Or bring up Islam's wars while conviently leaving out the crusades and witch burnings of the Christian faith.

Christianities hands are not clean at all. You can't bring up one religions transgressions and forget about your own as if they never happened.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU
If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint off course

If you are a Christian and think of yourself a saint, a person who is good and righteous, if you take the word Saint and apply it to yourself as a title of honor
Then you are more likely to have no comprehension of Christianity.
Christ called the sinner not those who think themselves righteous
Christ called the unworthy
Christ called the sick and Ill

A true Christian knows they are not saints, just forgiven sinners

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting that you recongbize the Qur'an promotes rape and slavery but conveniently forget the passages of your own book of worship that does the same.

Or bring up Islam's wars while conviently leaving out the crusades and witch burnings of the Christian faith.

Christianities hands are not clean at all. You can't bring up one religions transgressions and forget about your own as if they never happened.

So Joe
Are you talking about rape and wars in the old testament, you know the Old Testament is not Christian law, it's Jewish, it's not relevant to Christianity in relation to commandments.
7 years a Christian and you didn't understand the OT was a different religion, Christians are not Jews
Were you a Catholic? The crusades were Catholic, do you wear their sin collectively. Witch burnings?
Can you show me in Christian teachings, in scripture where Christ commands His followers to wage war, to burn people, witches or otherwise.
Don't blame Christ teachings, don't blame the Christian Faith.

7 years a Christian you told me, it doesn't sound like your faith ran deep, it doesn't sound like
you could differentiate your Christian Faith from a Jewish faith

The Christian Faith teaches love and forgiveness, not war and judgement, Islam teaches jihad

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree and that is why I no longer call myself a follower of a specific religion but I still like Jesus.

Sal

a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i always thought that if you give respect to the great spirt in your own way and treated your fellow human with love and respect hell is not the place you will go.

hell itself has many definitions though. some would consider this reality hell

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So you say the law isn't relevant however that was Paul that made such statements. But the one you call god in the flesh never said he came to abolish the law nor did he say that his followers were not to follow the law.

There is no logic in taking the words of a man who never met Jesus over what your so called god himself stated. It's a cop out. I don't blame you I don't follow the Jewish laws either. However I also don't believe the laws were given by god. The same god that you say Jesus became in the flesh.

There is no justification for those laws. And painting all Muslims as evil because of the Qur'an and leaving out biblical laws and events of the same magnitude is dishonest. You still worship a violent being no matter what mental gymnastics you use for justification.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

The fact is EVERYONE is destined for hell which is the very poor translation of the Greek word Hades which means the realm of death(the grave).Your belief or non belief have ZERO influence of rather you go to the grave or not.The religious construct of the eternal punishment hell is another story and is unequivocally the most perverted doctrine believed by man.The consequence for believing in Hell are legion.It is the height of hubris to judge another by what they believe and only leads to ruin which Christianity and Islam have provided an abundance of evidence.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hell is an old English word for a hole in the ground.

After death the subliminal suggestion keeping us here will end to which we will see it no more.
The End...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So you say the law isn't relevant however that was Paul that made such statements. But the one you call god in the flesh never said he came to abolish the law nor did he say that his followers were not to follow the law.

There is no logic in taking the words of a man who never met Jesus over what your so called god himself stated. It's a cop out. I don't blame you I don't follow the Jewish laws either. However I also don't believe the laws were given by god. The same god that you say Jesus became in the flesh.

There is no justification for those laws. And painting all Muslims as evil because of the Qur'an and leaving out biblical laws and events of the same magnitude is dishonest. You still worship a violent being no matter what mental gymnastics you use for justification.

Your theology is flawed
Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath

23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Now I can explain that, though I dont think you would listen, probably just go into an anti Paul argument

and I am not painting all Muslims as evil either, where did that come from

and I dont worship a violent God, I worship a just God

and I dont believe the law has ended either, it still stands, even stricter under Christ than Judaism.

You havnt a clue have you, 7 years a christian ?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have plenty of clues. Show me one passage where the one you call God in the flesh stated the laws need not be followed?

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:17-19)

There you go. From your own saviors mouth (allegedly) he states that the laws and the prophets teachings shall not be relaxed. Therefore not observing the Sabbath is sin. Eating shellfish is still a sin. Mixing fibers is still a sin.

And finally what did Paul teach. He taught that man is no longer under the laws but the spirit which is in direct conflict with what Christ stated.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Also what kind of a just being orders entire tribes including children to be slaughtered.

Does a just human think it's okay to rape an unwed woman as long as you pay her father? No they don't but the god you worship did.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveryUsernameWasTaken
I have personal experiences with Islam which have indicated I am in really trouble for my beliefs. I believe a core value we should embrace is love for each other (subtext: respect, patience, tolerance, charity and humility). I learned this from my Chrsitian beliefs. Although I fail on a daily basis, I try hard to remember these things in my daily life. Do Muslims truly believe I am destined for hell?

Worry not. Hell does not, and cannot exist, no matter what some Christians and/or Muslims may say. They only repeat what they have been taught. OTOH, here is your first clue: In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. Hell? Nope, and John says in his Gospel (1:3) that if God did not make it, no one else did. There is no record of Hell being created at a later date, and my reading of the Bible indicates that God is both willing and able to save all. Else, how does He become All in all?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It seems to Me that there are 7 billion humans and 7 billion heavens and hells.

Everyone is in someone's hell.

Kev

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Also what kind of a just being orders entire tribes including children to be slaughtered.

Does a just human think it's okay to rape an unwed woman as long as you pay her father? No they don't but the god you worship did.

Care to elaborate, lets see where this goes or would you prefer just to grizzle at me

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I have plenty of clues. Show me one passage where the one you call God in the flesh stated the laws need not be followed?

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:17-19)

There you go. From your own saviors mouth (allegedly) he states that the laws and the prophets teachings shall not be relaxed. Therefore not observing the Sabbath is sin. Eating shellfish is still a sin. Mixing fibers is still a sin.

And finally what did Paul teach. He taught that man is no longer under the laws but the spirit which is in direct conflict with what Christ stated.

So you completely ignore my post explaining

Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath

23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Go read the sermon on the mount

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint off course

If you are a Christian and think of yourself a saint, a person who is good and righteous, if you take the word Saint and apply it to yourself as a title of honor

ok that makes sense and was also part of my point - that we are (most likely) all sinners, in some kind of way
But we are forgiven sinners, so what does it take to go to hell then?

Is it the act of doing something wrong/a sin, even when you know it is the wrong thing to do?

I personally think it has something to do with forgivnes
If we learn to forgive All, ourself included, we would able to create paradise, right here on earth
And vice versa, if we cant forgive, and harbor hate for all the terrible things that has happen on this earth, or just in our own personally life, we cant live in peace, we will have wars etc, and thats what some would consider to be hell

Jesus forgave us all, to show us the way to paradise (well, also because its the right thing to do)

I got nothing against organised religion, i just believe a priest should be a teacher, not a preacher
I believe we can learn from all religions, science included, and the most importen thing i have learned so far, is that one word from Jesus, forgivness
edit on 10-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

ok that makes sense and was also part of my point - that we are (most likely) all sinners, in some kind of way

Is it the act of doing something wrong/a sin, even when you know it is the wrong thing to do?

If we learn to forgive All, ourself included, we would able to create paradise, right here on earth
And vice versa, if we cant forgive, and harbor hate for all the terrible things that has happen on this earth, or just in our own personally life, we cant live in peace, we will have wars etc, and thats what some would consider to be hell

Jesus forgave us all, to show us the way to paradise (well, also because its the right thing to do)

I got nothing against organised religion, i just believe a priest should be a teacher, not a preacher
I believe we can learn from all religions, science included, and the most importen thing i have learned so far, is that one word from Jesus, forgivness

Well according to scripture we are only forgiven if we repent and stop sinning, or at least try really hard
Personally I hate religion, love Christ

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well according to scripture we are only forgiven if we repent and stop sinning, or at least try really hard
Personally I hate religion, love Christ

This is one reason i loathe religion. My brothe is going to hell for being gay. No way out unless he stops doign what comes naturally to him. Whereas a child rapist can go to heaven, just by repenting. Are you f*ckign kidding me??

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Believe It. I Had One Astounding Experience With Catholicism... And It Was Not To My Liking.
But It Convinced Me That All Those Myths Of Power... God... Evil... etc... Are Real.
I Chose To Break Away Despite The Marvel Of That Mind Boggling Thing.
I Just Didn't Want It. It's Too Pure... Too Good... Too Right... Doesn't Feel Natural To Me.
It Comes Without Warning And Lasts... Oh My How Lasts.
It's Not An Easy Thing To Repent... But It's Very Necessary.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Muslims believe differently, on an individual basis.

But the Quran does not teach that Christians go to hell. Only non believers.

Of course they borrowed the doctrine of eternal hell from Christianity.

In the end, Christianity and Islam are the same religion minus the God status of Jesus.

This agrees with the New Testament and Jesus as God is a Catholic invention to attract pagan converts.

So with the exception of Paul, Islam and the New Testament agree theologically.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Let us not forget they that hell was first called Hades and is a Grecian concept and the name of the God of the underworld.

Sheol was the afterlife of Old Testament Judaism and is basically oblivion.

So Christianity replaced Sheol with Hades and then called it Hell to separate it from Greek mythology. Although Hades is still in some bibles.

Hell is a syncretic myth. A way of instilling fear in the potential convert.

Jews do not believe in Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join