It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint off course

If you are a Christian and think of yourself a saint, a person who is good and righteous, if you take the word Saint and apply it to yourself as a title of honor
Then you are more likely to have no comprehension of Christianity.
Christ called the sinner not those who think themselves righteous
Christ called the unworthy
Christ called the sick and Ill

A true Christian knows they are not saints, just forgiven sinners

ok that makes sense and was also part of my point - that we are (most likely) all sinners, in some kind of way
But we are forgiven sinners, so what does it take to go to hell then?

Is it the act of doing something wrong/a sin, even when you know it is the wrong thing to do?

I personally think it has something to do with forgivnes
If we learn to forgive All, ourself included, we would able to create paradise, right here on earth
And vice versa, if we cant forgive, and harbor hate for all the terrible things that has happen on this earth, or just in our own personally life, we cant live in peace, we will have wars etc, and thats what some would consider to be hell

Jesus forgave us all, to show us the way to paradise (well, also because its the right thing to do)

I got nothing against organised religion, i just believe a priest should be a teacher, not a preacher
I believe we can learn from all religions, science included, and the most importen thing i have learned so far, is that one word from Jesus, forgivness

Well according to scripture we are only forgiven if we repent and stop sinning, or at least try really hard
Personally I hate religion, love Christ

This is one reason i loathe religion. My brothe is going to hell for being gay. No way out unless he stops doign what comes naturally to him. Whereas a child rapist can go to heaven, just by repenting. Are you f*ckign kidding me??

Comparing a gay man to a rapist? Is this allowed? Can we all be dumbasses and just spurt things out? OK......OK then I say everyone who has a different opinion than mine should die....... today at 9PM.

Goodbye world........

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Octagra
Let us not forget they that hell was first called Hades and is a Grecian concept and the name of the God of the underworld.

Sheol was the afterlife of Old Testament Judaism and is basically oblivion.

So Christianity replaced Sheol with Hades and then called it Hell to separate it from Greek mythology. Although Hades is still in some bibles.

Hell is a syncretic myth. A way of instilling fear in the potential convert.

Jews do not believe in Hell.

More directly, Hell comes from the name of the goddess or ogress of the underworld of pagan northern Europe, who was named Hel. Her realm was also known as Hel or Helheim. So "Hel" is pagan...and "Hell" is Christian? Very odd. You are correct about the syncretism.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster Listening to the demons, committing suicide is a SIN. When you have a demon tell you to do bad things and make you want to kill yourself will only make Satan smile. Making sins (Sinning or being sinner.) is suicide. Because when the day comes when father destroys the darkness he will take ALL the darkness. (Demons, Satan, and ALL the sinners.)

And if you do bad the things, such as stealing, lying, killing, worshipping false gods (violent deities, demons, kings and queens, yourself, animals, and staues) Will results in Gods anger. Though, God is forgiving, you could of did bad things and he WILL forgive you, talk to your father, though he may or may not respond, if he doesn't, its only because he said what he already had to say about everything already in the bible.

He wants you to join him, on the new day. He said in ten days, which is a thousand years to him, that he would get rid of the darkness. This is only day TWO, it is 2016, two thousand and sixteen years in time.

The day may be in 10,000 years in time.

1000 = Day 1

2000 = Day 2

3000 = Day 3

4000 = Day 4

5000 = Day 5

6000 = Day 6

7000 = Day 7

8000 = Day 8

9000 = Day 9: The day Father will finally grow completely sick of everything. Tomorrow is the day this madness will END!'

10,000 = Day 10: The day of the war and the end of Satan and his demons. In the morning, because this day would be morning.

There is so long until you will see the new day and the great war. The worst day in all of time, when God himself would set for war, he does NOT support war no matter what. HE HATES WAR.

When two people come together in battle reminds him of the day when he fought his son Satan. Even then, Satan is also a child of God. We ALL are His children. And, he doesn't want to have to fight us. He loves us so much.

So I'm telling you that you don't have to bothered anymore and we can teach you the TRUE ways of Jehovah.

I, he, and all of us can stop the demons...
Join the Jehovah Witnesses. In the Kingdom Hall we know the truth, some many has turned away God and I'm tired people getting easily hurt by Satan. I hate him and his demons, please, stop you sins and come to Jehovah please!

Jehovah waits for you. And Satan will take whatever from you to stop you. Come on please. You are my brothers and sisters and if you don't believe, compare your life to what it could be. Sins and death or love, peace, and happiness

-Logic Promises

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMasterNo you most definitely will NOT DIE. Satan doesn't want you to believe that God is you true God. Satan said this.

By the way, do you have demon problems, here's a funny truth.YOU WILL NOT DIE

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint off course

If you are a Christian and think of yourself a saint, a person who is good and righteous, if you take the word Saint and apply it to yourself as a title of honor

ok that makes sense and was also part of my point - that we are (most likely) all sinners, in some kind of way

Is it the act of doing something wrong/a sin, even when you know it is the wrong thing to do?

If we learn to forgive All, ourself included, we would able to create paradise, right here on earth
And vice versa, if we cant forgive, and harbor hate for all the terrible things that has happen on this earth, or just in our own personally life, we cant live in peace, we will have wars etc, and thats what some would consider to be hell

Jesus forgave us all, to show us the way to paradise (well, also because its the right thing to do)

I got nothing against organised religion, i just believe a priest should be a teacher, not a preacher
I believe we can learn from all religions, science included, and the most importen thing i have learned so far, is that one word from Jesus, forgivness

Well according to scripture we are only forgiven if we repent and stop sinning, or at least try really hard

This is one reason i loathe religion. My brothe is going to hell for being gay. No way out unless he stops doign what comes naturally to him. Whereas a child rapist can go to heaven, just by repenting. Are you f*ckign kidding me??

What if it was your brother the kiddy rapist who wanted forgiveness
I once heard a kiddy rapist say that they love children, that they were not harming them, just loving them. It's a natural thing
I am not kidding

I didn't make the rules, I have my own opinion, it's not that different yours.
I havnt a right to judge.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If You Don't Speak Spanish... You Really Should.
Hades... Is Being Mispronounced. It Is Actually Pronounce: "Adios" Spanish Spelling.
It Simply Translates As: "To God!" But... It Does Not Mean To God. It Means "Good Bye!"
There Are Two Great Possibilities In Hades/Adios. One Is Tartarus... Which In Spanish Means "Torture!" The Second Possibility Is "Elysium!" Which Has Been Mispronounced And Misspelled.
It's Correct Spelling "Ella Se Ama!" It Tranates As "She Is Loved!"
There Is Actually A Very Fine Tuned Story Explaining The Reasons For The Two... But I Would Rather Not Say. It Is Truly Not Wise. Although I Have Done Worse Things... I Won't This Time.

But... I'll Leave With This: "In The Underworld There Is A Woman Named Persephone!"

note: Pinocchio Is Not Lying This Time...
edit on 10-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Your info is messed up. People will go to hell because they did not believe on Jesus finished work on the cross as an atonement for the forgiveness of sin. No Sin involved just the rejection of Christ's work.
edit on 10-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And there lies the absurdity of Christianity. A god who punishes people because they don't believe in an illogical story. What a fantastic god.

By the way did Christ himself ever say that are are those the words of Paul?

Hint : Jesus never said that he would be the atonement for people's sins.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What if it was your brother the kiddy rapist who wanted forgiveness
I once heard a kiddy rapist say that they love children, that they were not harming them, just loving them. It's a natural thing
I am not kidding

I didn't make the rules, I have my own opinion, it's not that different yours.
I havnt a right to judge.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Comparing a gay man to a rapist? Is this allowed? Can we all be dumbasses and just spurt things out? OK......OK then I say everyone who has a different opinion than mine should die....... today at 9PM.

Goodbye world........

Where did I compare a gay man to a child rapist? Do you understand English? Can you read properly?

Read what I wrote again slowly and try to understand what I said. Hint : I never said what you think I did.

Sheesh

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Better than his sending you to hell for sin that he knew would be inherent nature form Adam. He made a way now all you do is believe in Christ's work of the cross or not it is your choice.

God said them to us through Paul.

2Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
Job 32:8 But [there is] a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Again that was Paul. He never met Jesus. He claimed he met the the ghost of Jesus and brought the doctrine of atonement. Nothing logical about that. I'll be just fine without believing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Christianity Is A Load Of Crap! That Much I Know...
Tenets Are Merely Just Tenets. Acting Them Out Blindly Is What Makes One A Christian.
There Are Extremities Though... And It Is True... God's Grace Descends. But... He's A Deadbeat.
In My Experience... He Prefers That I Chase After It Through Extremes. Witnessed This Sh** Repeatedly. He Doesn't Utter A Word... But Hopes You Can Figure It Out... And Chase After It.
He Is The Definition Of "Full Of Sh**!" When It Comes Down To A Fight To The Death... I Walk Away. Life Is Too Shot And Much Too Precious To Spend It On Moral Tenets The Literally And Inevitably Lead To Death. I Won't Be Going Down That Road Again. The Next Time People /Person Meets Death... I For One Will Not Be Joining. Walking Away Is Essential To Me. After That I Truly Don't Care Who's Left Behind. Toodles...
All This Faith Mombo Jombo And Bible Mombo Jomob Is Not For Me. Chasing After That S.O.B. Is Pointless. I Could Care Less About Some Bullsh** Story About After You Die. I Am Alive Now. And It Won't Be For Dying In Someone Stead. Promise
edit on 11-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Your info is messed up. People will go to hell because they did not believe on Jesus finished work on the cross as an atonement for the forgiveness of sin. No Sin involved just the rejection of Christ's work.

Are you prepared to prove that Hell exists? My 176-page survey of the KJV uncovers a lot of theo-illogical sleight-of-hand involving turning words not meaning "Hell" into "Hell." Hell is an insertion, an overlay, a lie.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

How about we just find out when we get there. Because no matter what you will not hear me. But I know you will hear God at the Judgement.

If not judgement then no problem but if there is the problem is all yours.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
He met him on the road to Damascus as recorded by Luke. It is your OPINION it is a ghost but all he did was see a blinding light and hear a voice. No proof it was a disembodied spirit.

Ac 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
anything but believe the preserved word of God. You stand on your human logic I will stand on the word of God.

edit on 11-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'll stick to reality and you can stick with your Paul. Who taught a completely different doctrine than Jesus. Christ never said I am dying for your sins belief in me is all you need. He in fact said the opposite and you know it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Lazarus Short

How about we just find out when we get there. Because no matter what you will not hear me. But I know you will hear God at the Judgement.

If not judgement then no problem but if there is the problem is all yours.

This is not correct if there is no eternal punishment of hell and you have believed in it YOU will have much to answer for.Yahoshua addressed issues like these when he stated.

“He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.“And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come”.

Propagation of any kind of the eternal punishment of Hell is scattering not gathering.Fortunately for you this does not mean what you believe it means.Yahoshua is speaking of the religious (Pharisees,Christians etc etc) who “judge” according to unrighteous(incorrect) judgement because they are blinded by their religion.It is they that will not be forgiven in this age(the physical realm) nor the next age(Hades the realm of death).

The word forgiveness in Greek is aphesis and it means freed from bondage not pardoned from guilt.Those that believe in their religion are bound in a prison and blasphemy of the holy spirit is judging unrighteously..i.e. not “knowing” the truth.The Truth is Yahoshua…which means Yahweh is deliverance/salvation from Hades…the realm of death(the grave) and imperception (the belief of mans religion).That is the good news Yahoshua constantly preached.The deliverance from Hades of ALL of creation including ALL of mankind.

The religious do not even believe in Yahoshua(no less know) they believe in their religious doctrines of men.Their only justification is their perversion of what is written(the scriptures).They will cavalierly “judge” people to Hell with zero passion.The pharisees were only stating Yahoshua must have performed miracles through beezelebub..however Christianity condemns multiple billions to the eternal punishment of hell in complete contradiction to who what Yahoshua is said and did.The only people Yahoshua ever railed on were the religious because they were the ones that believed in their religion and could not believe Yahoshua.

By Yahoshua words believing in Hell is immensely more blasphemous than what the pharisees did(blaspheme the son of man) and they will NOT be freed from the bondage of their religion in this age nor the next.They can only be freed by the lake of fire by tormenting(which means touchstone....a testing of precious metals).It is a burning away of the dross and a MUCH deeper cleansing that cannot be cured in the physical realm nor in Hades.These are those that will lose their reward in the New Life((Spirit) Yahoshua calls the Kingdom of the creator God(not heaven).

So you are very, very wrong and have condemned yourself just as the pharisees did by committing blasphemy of the holy spirit.Unless you repent(change in the other direction) you will not be forgiven in this age nor the next.That is why the religious cannot enter the kingdom(ruling by authority) of their heavens(mind…consciousness).They cannot know the creator God in any form they can only believe their religion where THEY believe they are God(but don’t know it) and make themselves the judge of others unrighteously.That is the reason Yahoshua was very vehement in his proclamation. This is very serious yet the religious cannot perceive what it means.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join