It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And everything you just stated is in contradiction to modern science and reality.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
That's ok, God is a contradiction to science and many peoples reality.

edit on 12-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Lazarus Short
But try digging out the differences in the three gospels first, then you can rightly divide according to that, for that is what concerns you more than any other for the time being. No need to dig out the things that are easily seen just observe and apply.

Differences will always be there, as each Gospel writer saw and experienced differently than the others. However, I have this wonderful book, The Gospel of History, by Charles Totten, which presents the FOUR Gospels as a single narrative. As I always say, it all makes sense together or it makes no sense at all.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

And everything you just stated is in contradiction to modern science and reality.

The things of which you speak are beyond the realm of science, for real science concerns itself with what can be studied directly and consistently reproduced. Microevolution happens, as it has been observed - selection within the constraints of the DNA of the species. Macroevolution has not been observed and lacking a time machine, cannot be observed. Creation is also beyond the reach of science.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I respect and worship nature and it's laws.
My body will hopefully nourish other life when I pass.

Don't pay much attention to the religions of man.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I was not talking about the four gospel books. This has nothing to do what Matthew, Mark, Luke and John saw or recorded as much as it is for people to understand that there are three different gospels presented in the NT at different times.

Please run the search in your bible program on your computer for The gospel of the kingdom (as found in the four Gospels), the gospel of the grace of God(as found in the the epistles of Paul), and the Eternal Gospel (as found in Revelation). Then study the context and the requirements imposed on each Gospel message.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short Again that is ok, God is beyond the realm of science and so is the preservation of his word as he promised.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Right the preserved word which isn't even in the original languages it is written and words have different meanings from the original.

God who called homosexuality an abomination choose a gay man who slaughtered people to get his book right. Makes sense to me

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I was not talking about the four gospel books. This has nothing to do what Matthew, Mark, Luke and John saw or recorded as much as it is for people to understand that there are three different gospels presented in the NT at different times.

Please run the search in your bible program on your computer for The gospel of the kingdom (as found in the four Gospels), the gospel of the grace of God(as found in the the epistles of Paul), and the Eternal Gospel (as found in Revelation). Then study the context and the requirements imposed on each Gospel message.

Well, that's food for study and thought. I'm intrigued, but consider that if Hell exists, the Message of God is not Good News for most of humanity.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The King James Version is not the best English translation, but it is not the worst, either. It does make up one of the three pillars of the English language: the KJV, the works of Shakespeare, and the works of Tolkien.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Chester has stated the KJV is the only version that god has ordained. It is without error according to him. I find it funny that a gay king who was a ruthless killer was the one who commisiioned the so called preserved word.

Though the god of the old testament was a ruthless killer as well. The whole thing just does not add up.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Well, it is hardly without error. I delved deeply into the KJV to see if Hell were real or not, and found that the translators rendered words which absolutely did NOT mean Hell as "Hell." There was no linguistic justification for it, only theo-illogical tradition. The Protestant Reformation should have put paid to Hell, but it did not.

The KJV may have other errors, but I only pursued answers to the Hell question. There are worse translations out there.

At the end of the day, you must sit back and realise that God is absolutely sovereign, and has the absolute right to do what He wants with whom He wants. He knows we are mortal, and in the fulness of time, all will be saved from death, including those who God killed or had killed. Hell does not enter into it at all.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11I never said ordained. I said the AV is the preserved word of God for our generation as promised in his preserved word.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

My apologies. Preserved. I stand corrected.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If God preserved it into English then we don't need original language and besides there are NO ORIGINALS any where you or I can look at and compare any copy to see if it is accurately copied. It is trust in God to preserve it for unto our generation forever.

God did not call it an abomination he said if any man of the tribes of Israel that would lay with a man as he would a woman that both COMMITTED AN ABOMINATION. God was forbidding ISRAEL from practicing such.

Lev 20:1,2, 13 ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, . . . If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:

When Christians or any other person misquotes the Bible they are making God say something he did not say.

However God gave men who held the truth in unrighteousness, refuse to recognize him as God, give him glory, and retain God in their knowledge over to not only the practice of homosexuality, but to commit much of the atrocities we see in society today.

Rom 1:18-32 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

edit on 13-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My mind is just fine. So different sets of rules for different groups of people ? Again more illogic here.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It is very easy to read and see that the Law was for Israel and those who lived in their land. To try and apply it to anyone outside of Israel is Illogic.

Nice deflect from your error but it doesn't change the fact that you claimed God said, "Homosexuality was an abomination" but in fact God's Law for Israel in their land said those of Israel or lived in their land who practice homosexuality COMMITTED AN ABOMINATION.

That is a big difference from your claim. Anyone who will fully misquotes someone, and does not admit it when shown the truth, and cannot see the difference between the two statements, is not in their right mind.

edit on 14-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Actually it is not easy. Why would God give different rules to one group of people and not others? Does that make logical sense to you? It doesn't to me. Unless he is not the god of other people. Then that would be logical. But then your whole religion falls apart if that is the case.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Joe, he gave laws for Israel in their land. That law has very little to do with anyone else except them.

Why do you have a problem with that?

He chose Israel to be a peculiar people and that is why he gave the laws, commandments, statutes, precepts, ways, ordinances, judgements, testimonies and his word's to live by as long as they were in the land.

As far as for those who are under the gospel of the grace of God today there are similar rules but they are not for living in A land but just for our lives in general.

Christians have a lot of things they are to abstain from and ways in which to live, some are similar to the commandments but differ in that they gain us no favour as our life is in Christ because of our faith in his death on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, and his resurrection which shows us he has given us a new life.

But your whole response above seems to be a deflection, you claimed God said, "Homosexuality is an Abomination" and that is not true. No where in the Bible does god say it is an abomination.

I showed you the truth by quoting his words and that he said, that the ones who practised Homosexuality in Israel "committed an abomination". Upon examination a ten year old can see the two statements are not equal or the same.

I then showed you why it is people practice it and other atrocities but you don't want to accept that either.

It looks as though you are the one who is being illogical not God.

edit on 17-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What gospel or grace? I don't ever remember Jesus saying anything about the gospel of grace. I so remember him saying that he came bit to abolish the law, and that until heaven and earth pass not one jot or title of the law shall be broken.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join