It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: EveryUsernameWasTaken
I have personal experiences with Islam which have indicated I am in really trouble for my beliefs. I believe a core value we should embrace is love for each other (subtext: respect, patience, tolerance, charity and humility). I learned this from my Chrsitian beliefs. Although I fail on a daily basis, I try hard to remember these things in my daily life. Do Muslims truly believe I am destined for hell?

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint offcourse

You know it is the same god your worship, right? so its properly the same hell too
Christian or muslim, if you dont follow your gods rules, you will go to hell (but only because god love you), doesnt matter what others think
[/quote

Hell isn't real, but lets just say it is for argument. Saint's don't burn in hell?? Really?
What about Dirty Agnes (Mother Theresa). She is a saint now or very soon will be, and she intentionally spread AIDS to millions of people, killing tons of adults, children and babies. She had a fetish with being surrounded by dying people so she could watch them suffer right to the end.
If hell is real, she has a 1st class ticket, and is a Saint.

Watch Christopher Hitchens / Richard Dawkins investigations into her doings. She was pure scum

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i believe in science, am i doomed by all known religions?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

It is a legitimate question if it is something the OP is interested in (as he states he is, due to some personal experiences), but FYI, Islam is actually the world's #2 largest (by population) religion, second to Christianity.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

For one thing, how does any religion think they have the authority to tell anyone they're going to hell? How does any religion know their beliefs are condoned by God/Creator? What solid proof do religions have of the existence of a hell or purgatory?

Wouldn't it be humiliating and degrading to know that once you die, our God/the prime source of creation, made it clear to you that your beliefs were written by man? That those man made beliefs sole purpose was to control, create division among mankind and cause conflict and negative energy among humanity. He than tells you he gave you free will to help you identify the conflicts of man-made religion and what your true inner soul believed. Unfortunately, you ignored your true spiritual calling and expectations.

If God created the universe, we're not the only living life forms that would be bound by the Creator's words. Do you really think other life forms would follow the multitude of religious beliefs we have on this earthly plane? Considering the millions of planets out in our universe which statistically must harbor life, it surely doesn't make any sense that were special above any other life forms by any means of the imagination. We're holding on to these religious beliefs because we're like children who don't have answers to the complexity of our existence and our life's true purpose.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i believe in science, am i doomed by all known religions?

Doubtful. I don't think most religions even have a "doomed" category, though a lot of people like to make-believe that many of them do. Though, even if they do (as I'm sure you agree), who cares?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

I have personal experiences with Islam which have indicated I am in really trouble for my beliefs. I believe a core value we should embrace is love for each other (subtext: respect, patience, tolerance, charity and humility). I learned this from my Chrsitian beliefs. Although I fail on a daily basis, I try hard to remember these things in my daily life. Do Muslims truly believe I am destined for hell?

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint offcourse

You know it is the same god your worship, right? so its properly the same hell too
Christian or muslim, if you dont follow your gods rules, you will go to hell (but only because god love you), doesnt matter what others think
[/quote

Hell isn't real, but lets just say it is for argument. Saint's don't burn in hell?? Really?
What about Dirty Agnes (Mother Theresa). She is a saint now or very soon will be, and she intentionally spread AIDS to millions of people, killing tons of adults, children and babies. She had a fetish with being surrounded by dying people so she could watch them suffer right to the end.
If hell is real, she has a 1st class ticket, and is a Saint.

Watch Christopher Hitchens / Richard Dawkins investigations into her doings. She was pure scum

Never heard about that before, i will look into that, thanks

When I say saint, i only meant that as in "someone who have never sinned and is a perfect example for all us on how to behave" not as in an actually saint. But i dont believe in hell either, for me it is pretty simple - Respect and love people, and they will do they same to you = Paradise, Hate and tread people like scum, and they will do the same to you = Hell
Its got nothing to do with afterlife

edit on 9-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You're right I believe I think I meant fastest growing religion I'll have to check my stats

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Legitimate how?

Either a person believes in their faith or they don't. The magnitude of other faiths by definition are meaningless. If you think other religions beliefs are relevant to your Immortal Soul then why not care about what Zoroastrians, Shinto Buddhists or Cree believe?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Because the op is referring to Islam....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

i always thought that if you give respect to the great spirt in your own way and treated your fellow human with love and respect hell is not the place you will go.

hell itself has many definitions though. some would consider this reality hell

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well let me ask you this, if you believe in Christ then you know the answer is not, so long as you are repentant and not hypocrital about it that is.

Let me also ask you this, why would the belief of a sect which follow's the heretical teaching's of a man whom married a six year old child and was essentially just a child abuser, a murderer, a con artist whom had honed his skill's as a salesman -

(his early life was as a merchant/salesman whom worked for what we today would call an import-export business and he later married the widow whom was over 50 that owned the company when he was still a teenager so that he could take over the business), denied that Christ was crucifed or the son of God, claimed his revelation's came form the arch angel Gabriel but never heard the voice of god or received the holy spirit and So was not a prophet anyway)

- and whom gained his first follower's by convincing other outcasts, murderers and bandits then led them to sack innocent caravan's looting the wealth and turning his followers into a powerful tribe -

(he had been banished for crime's that have been written out of ismalic history from mecca)

- promoted rape, slavery and even told his followers they could pray to the idol's in the Kabba -

(itself a pagan temple and the biggest idol)

- before having to go back on his own word's -

(see Salman Rushdie THE SATANIC VERSES)

- and many, many, many more crime's such as ordering all the men in the Arabian Jewish tribe's that refused to convert to his cult murdered and the woman taken as sex slaves, the same again with Arabian Christian tribes and or couse his hatred of woman and infamous murder of Um Kirfa and the Kufiri tribe when like he and his followers just like the serpent that he was he crept into her camp by night and hid under the sand by day.
It was a large camp as the Kufiri though a peaceful tribe had a fiersome reputation and many alliances as well but were so regarded as a threat by him and not least because they were Ruled by a young woman

- Um Kirfa the widow of there last male chief -

Once muhammads men were close enough and the Kuffiry warriors too far away to help there leader they attacked diving out of the sand, Um Kirfa was raped and beaten then tied betweem four camel's while still alive and pulled apart - tory to pieces while Muhammad retired to her Tent and sat feasting then his men brought the unfortunate woman's head into him as a trophy and since she had a small daughter he gave that child to his uncle as a play thing indicating that he was not the only one in his family that liked to play with kid's.

So does there opinion matter, I genuinely Know that it does not, at leat not until they convert to the truth of Christ.

edit on 9-5-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I don't believe in 'Hell' and you shouldn't either.

It is simply a construct of religious dogma that was created to control and manipulate the population. If you use that brain that God gave you it will become apparent that you have nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Does it matter?

What matters is what YOU believe and how strong your faith in that belief is.

There are likely other Christian sects who think you will go to hell too for not believing in their points of dogma even if you believe in the basic foundation of the faith itself.

There are plenty of other religions in the world, all of whom are likely to believe that you are deluded at best, damned at worst.

And every single atheist in this thread is going to bash you for the belief that if you don't believe in Christ, then you are lost.

So I repeat, what actually matters is what YOU believe and how strong that faith is.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yes. Just like you guys believe my gay brother and me (atheist) are.

Islam is a sick religion. As is christianity. As is Judaism. Deal with it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you wanna try 'HELL' just tell your wife you want a divorce....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I don't understand any authentic Christian thinking that they need to feel the least bit vulnerable to

any aspect of

a satanic moon god cult that existed before Mohamed was born.

John 3:16;

Romans 6-8

John 10:27-29

CHUCK MISSLER: I JESUS--an autobiography:

www.youtube.com...=3323.482687

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You believe in Jesus. Don't let other teachings deceive you. Do not let other people put you off. Trust in the Lord.

Stand strong as the narrow path is not easy. Be confident, do not fear. Grow in faith and above all, love.

You won't see Hades if you stay on the narrow path.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Both books are a symbolic story about the precession of the equinoxes. This is why all these religions have similar numbers in them.

For example: The Prophets of the 3 religions, Moses , Jesus and Muhammad had 12 tribes, 12 disciples, and 12 Imams.

These are symbolic for the 12 constellations.

These books are a symbolic representation of the position of earth relative to the stars and planets and the effect it has on our consciousness.

Look up astrotheology if you want to learn more

Also, you will be the judge of your own life when you die. No one will make you go to hell. You can experience hell if you chose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join