It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have personal experiences with Islam which have indicated I am in really trouble for my beliefs. I believe a core value we should embrace is love for each other (subtext: respect, patience, tolerance, charity and humility). I learned this from my Chrsitian beliefs. Although I fail on a daily basis, I try hard to remember these things in my daily life. Do Muslims truly believe I am destined for hell?

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Probably, just like Christian beliefs saying the same thing about other religions.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

May I ask, if you're a devout Christian why are your concerned about your position as perceived by Muslims? I'm Muslim and I'm not concerned if anyone thinks I'm deluded or brainwashed or indoctrinated or going to hell according to his beliefs. Because, what matters to me is my position in Islam (only).

Muslims don't believe that all Christians are going to hell. People who believed in prophethood of Jesus are not going to hell, same applies to those who believed in Ibrahim, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, Solomon, Moses and the rest. According to Muslims all of those are prophets of God and none of them has divine nature, that's why it's easy to accept Muhammad as a prophet and messenger, he's not any different from the rest.

Christianity, believe in divinity of Jesus. He's (son of God) - as far as I understand - So, he's divine in a way or another. This concept is totally refused in Islam. Hence, people who believe in this are going against - according to Muslims - not only message of Muhammad but th rest of messengers and prophets including Jesus himself.

Jesus - peace be upon him - has special position in Islam. But he is not divine because we believe in this:

"Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him. (Quran, 112:1-4)"

We also believe in the following:

"Oh People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, was (no more than) a messenger of God, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. Say not, 'Trinity.' Desist! It will be better for you, for God is One God, Glory be to Him! (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs" (4:171).

"The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is but a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him! (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)" (9:30-31).

So, if you believe that there is a son for God, that's a big problem (sin) from Islamic respective, and Yes, there is a punishment for this - generally speaking - If you do this intentionally, willingly after knowing and understanding truth about Oneness of God.

Said that: Even Muslims are subject to punishment if they associate others with Allah in worship, so it's a general rule, not something (exclusive) to Christians or anyone else.

Edit: For those who are interested in this subject, there's a whole chapter in the Quran named after Mary. You can listen to it with its translations.

edit on EMondayAmerica/Chicago2016-05-09T11:36:31-05:0031Mon, 09 May 2016 11:36:31 -0500362016-05-09T11:36:31-05:00MayAmerica/Chicago by ElectricFeel because: video

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Islam teaches that one day Jesus will come back and punish Christians for worshipping him as God. Christianity teaches those who don't accept Christ as God will go to Hell when they die.

So there ya go - a lot of people in this world need to use some critical thinking skills.

Sal

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveryUsernameWasTaken
I have personal experiences with Islam which have indicated I am in really trouble for my beliefs. I believe a core value we should embrace is love for each other (subtext: respect, patience, tolerance, charity and humility). I learned this from my Chrsitian beliefs. Although I fail on a daily basis, I try hard to remember these things in my daily life. Do Muslims truly believe I am destined for hell?

If your a christian, you will most likely burn in hell anyways, unless your a saint offcourse

You know it is the same god your worship, right? so its properly the same hell too
Christian or muslim, if you dont follow your gods rules, you will go to hell (but only because god love you), doesnt matter what others think

edit on 9-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
don't worry about what others think, worry about what you believe. When your time comes and you are there to answer for your life and all it was about, there will not be anyone else to help you, only you. So just be right with you, and smile at everyone else. Even if they think they know some secret about eternity that you missed. (hint- they don't know any more than you, since they are still alive)

And don't mock others beliefs, they just might be right. But you have to die to find out.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I find astrology more interesting & far less aggressive than organized religion. You should go to the metaphysics section of your nearest bookstore & find something that peaks your interest.

As for caring what anyone, & I mean literally anyone thinks about you in any way... well you should definitely stop doing that.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

According to your religion, I'm going to your Christian hell for being an honest and kind person who happens to believe in something different.

Why would you be any different in the eyes of other monotheists?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

"The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is but a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him! (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)" (9:30-31).

And yet the Muslims hold the Kaaba as being the House Of God - My mind cannot comprehend how the infinite creator can be housed in a box. More importantly for a religion that despises Idolatry the Kaaba would stand as the biggest contradiction.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Well it seems Islam is full of massive contradictions

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
THIS IS WHAT A MUSLIM BELEIVES. Pay attention to the kid in the red striped shirt.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

link   

There are plenty on here and the intraweb in general that will judge You, they'll champion Your case if You go to the same Church™ but if You don't well... I always thought it was St. Pete at the gate that does the judging but after reading so many folks typing.. "The ONLY way is through Jesus..." and then add "It says so in the Bible..." Yeah it also 'says' that You shouldn't wear cotton/lycra and polyester. then they retort with "Oh no, We recognize version #238..."

The first version:
"In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt..." (look Ladies are equal!!!!...) better replace that:

"In the beginning was Adam and Eve. Eve had to have Adam's rib.. (oh look, females are sub-servient)

We'll throw out the whole, How can that be the 'beginning' (Genesis) if Adam had a Wife prior?? Probably to get out of alimony.. Dodging taxes isn't enough..

I'd also toss out the "Rule Book" this due to Your Self degradation of "failing every day" IS that the same book calling You a "Sinner"? And You get to pay for the privilege.. You'd get more out of going to a B & D/S & M club and getting called names, it'd probably be cheaper too..

"Only ourselves can free our mind..." Bob Marley
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

link   
I believe in the same core value as you, and I personally think it's what you believe, and how you deal with others and yourself that will essentially determine you outcome. ... and possibly even the next life you will live.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here is something I originally read on ATS™ I do not know the author of this so if You recognize Your work let me know and I'll add this to the link.

Worship = War Ship

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

You know it is the same god your worship, right? so its properly the same hell too
Christian or muslim, if you dont follow your gods rules, you will go to hell (but only because god love you), doesnt matter what others think

I think the concept of "hell" in the afterlife (at least as most people think of it) is ludicrous, but this...LOL...you don't actually believe that is even in the realm of being remotely close to what any Christian believes, do you? If you do, well, I guess Jesus needs some better-qualified PR people!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

I think the concept of "hell" in the afterlife (at least as most people think of it) is ludicrous, but this...LOL...you don't actually believe that is even in the realm of being remotely close to what any Christian believes, do you? If you do, well, I guess Jesus needs some better-qualified PR people!

Dont know what christians believe, and i dont care either, people should believe what they want - I only have a problem with those who tries to judge me, or tries to make me believe, whatever it is they believe

According to the bible, (as i understand it) you go to hell if you sin, and it also states that god loves all equally.. doesnt the christians believe in the bible?

But i totally agree with you, that Jesus needs better PR people, that guy had some wise things to say, but it doesnt have much to do with the things written in the bible...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If you are a devout Christian, then presumably you are a Believer in Christianity and the Bible. Therefore the only "Eternal Damnation" that exists is Christian. Which means you don't need to worry what any other faith says about the afterlife.

Just curious, why is Islam the only "non-Christian" afterlife you are concerned about? Why not the others?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Probably, just like Christian beliefs saying the same thing about other religions.

Damn...beat me to it.

Hey OP..how do you spell hypocrisy? You're all as bad as each other.

edit on 9 5 2016 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Probably because Islam is the largest religion in the world and is a legitimate question

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveryUsernameWasTaken

It doesn't matter what you or they believe, all the matters is what is true and real.

If they say that's true, ask them for proof and evidence. If they can't provide any, they have nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join