It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great-granny, 80, got a gun, kills a home intruder who attacked husband

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Barb Moles shot and killed a home intruder who beat her husband with a crowbar and stabbed him with a knife. She now tells a local televison station she is “not just the typical granny.” “You know, never in my whole life did I ever anticipate having to take another life -- especially at age 80,” Moles told KOMO-TV in Seattle, Wash., last week.

Deputies said Steven Sheppard, 25, attacked Leland Moles after breaking into the couple’s home to steal drugs. KOMO reported that when Sheppard encountered Barb Moles, he said one word: “Gun.” Moles, a grandmother of eight and a great-grandmother of three, pulled the trigger four times. Three bullets hit the mark, KOMO reported. “I was just intent upon stopping him,” she told the station. “I didn’t have any other thought in my head. I just knew I had to stop him.”

Story

And this is one of the reasons we need to keep the 2nd Amendment intact. When some drug seeking scum bag decides to try taking advantage of the elderly, beating and even stabbing one, facing a gun from their victim should be their final sight. Had she had to wait for the police to arrive, her husband and likely her, would be dead now.

Having the ability to defend yourself in this country is a god given RIGHT that the government CANNOT infringe.

+8 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good for her!! It's a damn shame that she was put into a position to have to live out the rest of her days with this on her conscience though. Because regardless of what the anti gunners think... Normal folks never want to have to take a life and having to do so leaves them with a certain amount of guilt even though the situation was not of their own making. This will probably also dissolve any sense of security they had before this even though they handled the situation on their own.

Many sleepless nights on their horizon I imagine, but I am glad that they will at least be alive to work through it.

+11 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

LOL - this is one of those uncomfortable moments when the government appears to look busy and be "distracted" with more pressing issues rather than admit that the death of the thug was the most righteous and cost-effective (to the taxpayer) way the scenario could have ended.

What we can deduce however, is that a US government muppet will NOT appear on national TV condemning the dead thug and praising Granny for exercising her God given 2nd amendment right to defend her husband (and herself).

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
2nd ammendment ?

was she part of a militia ?

(post by Krakatoa removed for a manners violation)
(post by BestinShow removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
2nd ammendment ?

Irrelevant. The comma in the amendment indicates it is not limited to militia. Education is important...please get some.

The FF's hated the idea of a standing, full time professional army that could be used for aggressive imperialist actions. They wanted a model like the swiss have today. The 2nd ammendment is designed to make sure that the nation can be defended, and for citizens to also defend themselves.

I support responsible gun ownership 100%, but in the sense of how the swiss do it. Everybody is armed, but everybody is also trained and knows how to use it.

the 2nd wasn't designed for there to be a massive professional full time army AND all citizens are armed.

+8 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

And, how does that disagree with my original response to your post? Without that comma, it means only officially sanctioned militia could keep and bear arms. Individual citizens, not being part of a regulated militia, would be prevented from protecting themselves. That was the intent, to keep the business of protecting the nation to the individual citizens.

So, either your first post was misleading or it was an intentional attempt to spread FUD on the issue. Either way, my advice still holds.

[snip]

edit on 9-5-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

2nd ammendment ?

Yep a two person militia, her and her usband. Cool huh?

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

2nd ammendment ?

Yep a two person militia, her and her usband. Cool huh?

Obviously this person would prefer that this great grandmother and her husband would have died instead of the criminal.

Because liberal dogma.

edit on 2016/5/8 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I might have to hit up that GoFundMe page. Heard something about this on the local news and smiled, didn't realize it was an 80 year old woman. Good on her! is it just me or does that couple look way younger than they are? I can't believe she hit him with 3 out of 4!

Wish I knew their address so I could drop off some food or mow their lawn or something. Having to kill someone is one of my greatest fears, I hope she knows she did the right thing.

Oh this was in Sultan. No surprise then. Meth. You guys should read that GoFundMe page, they seem like a sweet family. I don't understand how someone gets to the point stabbing an elderly person (or anyone) is an option.
edit on 0920160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Had she had to wait for the police to arrive, her husband and likely her, would be dead now.

That is not only true, but is exactly how it goes down all over Europe every day while they sit on a throne of # and dead and maimed victims and proclaim "we are better than you because we hate guns and people here barely die from guns" . Except they seem to forget every other way to kill, rob, and hurt people since the beginning of time before firearms were a thought. Oh look, the suspect was making victims without using a firearm, yup banning them stops crime alright.

2nd ammendment ?

Some people, I swear

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Good for her because she had the guts to fight back and stop this git hurting other people also.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good on Granny, allow me to join in on the pro-gun circle jerk before jealous Brits show up.

Ker-sploosh-a.

I should order some .223 ammo to celebrate.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It's fine and dandy that someone could defend them self, the price is high though.

In the "mean time", the 2nd amendment did this.

SOURCE

Total Number of Incidents 17,954
Number of Deaths 4,562
Number of Injuries 9,263
Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured 194
Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured 982

edit on 9-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Having the gun didnt stop her husband from being attacked stabbed and beaten unfortunately.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Grannies got a gun..(cue Aerosmith music) & good thing too!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Having the gun didnt stop her husband from being attacked stabbed and beaten unfortunately.

Only because she did the right thing, and what the LAW states she must do. That is to only use deadly force in RESPONSE to her (or her families) life actually being threatened. Only then, do you resort to making the deadly decision to take another's life in defense of your own. She was in a life threatening situation, and she used appropriate force to subdue her attacker. That fact will not go away, no matter how much you try to wish away those "evil" guns.

How many times have the anti-gun crowd bemoaned that "they should have waited", well, she did (correctly I might add). And still we hear complaints. I will defend my (and your life) if it ever came down to it, whether you are thankful or not. When there is a 100% guarantee that there are no people with the intent on killing me, anywhere, anytime, then I will consider it. Until such time, if you wish to be a victim, swim in it. I will not have the arrogance to try to convince you otherwise, I expect the same amount of respect from you.

ETA: Oh, and to your point, neither did the police. They were not there to stop that, neither was the legal system that let this criminal drug abuser into the general population. In fact, where were YOU to protect them? Slacking off perhaps?

edit on 5/9/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

But it did stop her from being attacked like her husband, and both of them possibly facing a worse fate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join