It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global patriarchy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you use those two words in combination to make some sort of pretentious, pre assumed, political point - arguing for the dismantling of masculinity, and the overt social engineering of society, then you can go ahead a # the # right off. You are wrong, you are a apart of the problem.

I have a friend named Jacob, a Swedish guy apart of the "Green Party" and this man shamelessly attacks masculinity, he says things like the "global patriarchy" as if we should of know this was occurring and that it's a bad thing. I can clearly see a social engineering agenda with this mindless muppet, but he will go on and on thinking he is saving the world.

I'm all for the fluidity that people are discovering in gender, that indeed folks do not have to subscribe to the classic gender roles, and that should be tolerated. However, just because you fancy yourself some advanced human that is clearly more evolved then the rest of us, does not mean that the classic gender roles are inherently oppressive, or in need of dismantling, whatever happened to live and let live?

So, in point if you use the words "global patriarchy" to express some inherently evil, nefarious plot, you are a social engineering sheep who is in every way as much apart of the problem. That is all
edit on 5-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yikes, I like your post!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you, I'm glad I got that out I feel better

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

you seem angry? whats wrong with people trying to discover the yin and yang aspects of themselves if you are not involved in it then it has nothing to do with you

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

you seem angry? whats wrong with people trying to discover the yin and yang aspects of themselves if you are not involved in it then it has nothing to do with you

I think he just said he doesn't care.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 5-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Is that what I described? People who are just trying to discover and become more evolved humans? No, I described those who take it a step further, that because of their gender enlightenment they mindlessly push identity politics and attack masculinity as if it's a presupposed bad thing.. Live and let live is right, more parts of society especially the SJW and dogmatic left needs to join us in tolerance.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Historically, women have had to fight harder for rights than men, globally. That is what it means.

I do not know what your friend Jacob thinks it means. Again, it is one of the multiple personal discussions you are involved in outside of ATS that lack a place for the reader to even start to grasp.
edit on 5-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

It's like walking into the middle of a conversation.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So why do you never get on the people posting 500 posts about room decorating??

-BIAS-

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

So why do you never get on the people posting 500 posts about room decorating??

-BIAS-

If there is such a thread, I try to start with the OP. That would not be a difficult post to follow, even with 500 posts.
Here I started with the opening post, as written by the OP.

as for -BIAS- you have no idea what you are typing in regard to how I reply to this particular poster.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I've described what is being suggested, reldra, which is that masculinity is presupposed to be a bad thing, besides this is a rant, should I not discuss this? Yes, I don't think we can argue that women have had overall a difficult time in gaining rights, and now primarily in Islamic culture they are systematically discriminated upon, and yet the SJW left is silent. Regardless do you think there is something wrong with classic gender roles, or that masculinity is inherently bad? If not, then we don't disagree.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

your getting out of line there with that room decorating post.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Good rant T - the patriarchal nuclear family is one of the cornerstones of western civilization so it doesn't surprise me that various precious snowflakes have a hard time accepting this - to the point that they feel it appropriate to attack this fundamental axiom with their predictable diatribe.

Some people will never be satisfied until every last sovereign custom and tradition is destroyed and replaced with the "worker-bee" mindset. And it's folks like Jacob who are leading the charge.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I've described what is being suggested, reldra, which is that masculinity is presupposed to be a bad thing, besides this is a rant, should I not discuss this? Yes, I don't think we can argue that women have had overall a difficult time in gaining rights, and now primarily in Islamic culture they are systematically discriminated upon, and yet the SJW left is silent. Regardless do you think there is something wrong with classic gender roles, or that masculinity is inherently bad? If not, then we don't disagree.

I don't think masulinity is inherently bad. I am actually very fond of males.

The left/SJWs actually work very hard for women's rights in Islamic countries. Countless legal, secular and religious geoups do every day.

Your friend Jacob seems to have taken the polar opposite rouite of the ..what I have mainly seen on Reddit...the 'male rights movement'. I don't think either extreme is useful.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Good rant T - the patriarchal nuclear family is one of the cornerstones of western civilization so it doesn't surprise me that various precious snowflakes have a hard time accepting this - to the point that they feel it appropriate to attack this fundamental axiom with their predictable diatribe.

Some people will never be satisfied until every last sovereign custom and tradition is destroyed and replaced with the "worker-bee" mindset. And it's folks like Jacob who are leading the charge.

Things change. The 'patriarchial nuclear family' is not always necessary anymore, not to say it is unnecessary.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Is that what I described? People who are just trying to discover and become more evolved humans? No, I described those who take it a step further, that because of their gender enlightenment they mindlessly push identity politics and attack masculinity as if it's a presupposed bad thing.. Live and let live is right, more parts of society especially the SJW and dogmatic left needs to join us in tolerance.
i was only assuming since you put this in rant. maybe you need to spend more time actually looking at yourself from the inside and find out WHO you are before you start bitching about what another country is doing

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You have totally missed the point, and I have done no bitching, in fact I laid this out clear as day but this is going over your head. Tolerance is a two way street, there is not one side that is inherently right, and these dogmas I wish to dismantle and will continue to do so. If you don't like it pound sand.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Historically, women have had to fight harder for rights than men, globally. That is what it means.

I do not know what your friend Jacob thinks it means. Again, it is one of the multiple personal discussions you are involved in outside of ATS that lack a place for the reader to even start to grasp.

It's like walking into the middle of a conversation.

If we're playing that game, Men had to fight and die for rights.

(post by malevolent removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I have a friend named Jacob.. I can clearly see a social engineering agenda with this mindless muppet

You are friends with a muppet Tech. Move up to complete morons and maybe you will feel better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join