It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global patriarchy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2016 by breakingbs because: had to go

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: malevolent

If that's what works for you then do it.

I prefer to be cold and not overly show my emotions unless I'm at home with my gf who I trust enough to tell my emotions to.

We all grew up differently, I for instance grew up having to toughen myself because I was one of those kids who cried myself to sleep when I would get bullied every day at school.

Nowadays I'm more likely to kick your ass for talking # about me, so you see how childhood can greatly affect adulthood ?
more power to you i think its working for me as well i bet i could kick your ass with a grin, joking......

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
edit on 6-5-2016 by breakingbs because: had to go

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Lol ever hear of the one legged man in an ass kicking contest ?

But seriously I wasn't directing anything towards you specifically, I meant that these days I don't allow myself to be taken advantage of by other people or sit around crying when someone has treated me wrong, I do something about it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Let's talk about some house decorating

that doesnt sound very appealing. tell us a story?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
-
edit on 6-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Lol ever hear of the one legged man in an ass kicking contest ?

But seriously I wasn't directing anything towards you specifically, I meant that these days I don't allow myself to be taken advantage of by other people or sit around crying when someone has treated me wrong, I do something about it.
i dont think it work out for the one legged man lol. i get where your coming from but i cant be that way now i always feel like a violent monster even though im older i dont want to pick a fight but i wont hesitate to get into one. and another thing i cry alot when im alone i wont in front of other people im afraid to show any weakness id rather have my jaw broke than show feelings and thats what hurt the worst to me that im alone

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Personally I don't see anything wrong with an ol' fashioned one on one fight if the other guy is willing to throw down for his opinions.

More often than not these days though it's not one on one and you risk getting stabbed or shot.

We're getting off topic here so I will say as my final statement that for one thing you are not alone.

Secondly everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself in a way that is healthy for you. If you need to cry then do it, I won't be the one pointing fingers making fun.

& if you cry on my shoulder, don't be surprised if I still have a cold look on my face, it's just the way it is.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Personally I don't see anything wrong with an ol' fashioned one on one fight if the other guy is willing to throw down for his opinions.

More often than not these days though it's not one on one and you risk getting stabbed or shot.

We're getting off topic here so I will say as my final statement that for one thing you are not alone.

Secondly everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself in a way that is healthy for you. If you need to cry then do it, I won't be the one pointing fingers making fun.

& if you cry on my shoulder, don't be surprised if I still have a cold look on my face, it's just the way it is.

your right were off topic but i did have a genuine smile i just might mail to talk
edit on 6-5-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I've described what is being suggested, reldra, which is that masculinity is presupposed to be a bad thing

Are the people who use the phrase 'global patriarchy' objecting to masculinity as well, or just patriarchy?

Or do you believe they are the same thing?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

They are not the same thing, I think that question would be more reasonable towards Jacob.. Global patriarchy nor masculinity in of its self, is negative. The dismantling of gender roles is the agenda this person pushes, which is not tolerant to those who chose to assume them.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The dismantling of gender roles is the agenda this person pushes, which is not tolerant to those who chose to assume them.

The gender roles that are built around the assumption that women are inferior to men and should therefore accept subordination to them? Those gender roles?

Or do you know of some others?

Global patriarchy has your approval?

edit on 6/5/16 by Astyanax because: one more question, Your Worship.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Hog wash.. If a man prefers and chooses to be a provider and the woman a primary caretaker, your "subordinate" ascertain is your own. People live the way they want to, and it's their god damn choice, labeling as misogynistic, or what have you, is just your attempt to dismantle a lifestyle choice, if you don't like it you can pound sand. Teams exist within an efficient team no single part can be deemed as lesser than or not equal in achieving the over all goals. Good try

The only assumption being made is by you.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The queen of England has been the head of state of the U.K. For 64 years, she's 90 years old

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The dismantling of gender roles is the agenda this person pushes, which is not tolerant to those who chose to assume them.

Global patriarchy has your approval?

It doesn't have my disapproval, I think forced subjugation must be stopped, I don't think in of its self that it is negative anymore than a global matriarchy would be. At this point these gender roles in my society are a choice, so the attempted social engineering or dismantling of anyone's lifestyle choices I oppose. Does global patriarchy have your disapproval? Clearly classic gender roles do, so it's easy to assume the answer.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Hog wash. If a man prefers and chooses to be a provider and the woman a primary caretaker, your "subordinate" ascertain is your own.

And if the woman does not choose?

Or if she cannot choose? If the grip of endless generations of custom, tradition, common law and religious precept prevent her from choosing -- from being able even to think that she might have a choice?

When the price for choosing different can range from ostracism within the community to having her bones broken, her face permanently disfigured with battery acid, or her head lopped off?

You live in a part of the world where women have achieved some freedom from tens of thousands of years of male domination, exploitation and violence. These women are a very lucky minority. Most women around the world still live under the leaden hand of the marmoreal patriarchy.

Why do you think it is called 'global'?

edit on 6/5/16 by Astyanax because: 67

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It doesn't have my disapproval, I think forced subjugation must be stopped

They are the same thing.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I believe it is unfair to speak of Patriarchy and not Matriarchy. There have been many societies that have been ruled by and have thrived under women. Not in all of the world, but in some parts that are now ruled by Patriarchy. Women have had to fight, Astyanax is right on that aspect, however you can't begin to group Patriarchy as a whole with the entire world. There are societies that are Matriarchies as well as Patriarchies all throughout.

My problem with the term patriarchy is that it comes with such a negative connotation here in the US because of extreme Feminism, so much so that it is hard to remove those feelings from the word as it has been forced in our faces as something evil and wrong but not in the ways of global activism. Extreme feminist in the US only care about the "patriarchy" here and not in the rest of the world. They have demonized males as a whole instead of recognizing that progress has been made. I could go on and on about the US Feminist extremists but I will get back on topic.

Modern Jungian Theory describes patriarchy as archaic and primal or extremely immature. I believe that it is primal but not immature in the least. Looking back historically, anthropologists have discovered a pattern in most societies that go back and forth between patriarchal and matriarchal over extended periods of time. I believe that this is derived from the hunter/gatherer societies of ancient times. This doesn't mean anyone is less important than the others, just that there are different roles that have been inherently assigned to improve quality of life. There are primal urges in us that we cannot deny. Statistically, women frequently take up jobs that involve care taking and teaching because they want to help and provide comfort and support. Think nursing. When you think of a nurse, what do you think of? A woman, right? We inadvertently place ourselves in positions of caring because it FEELS good to us. Men are more "go-getters" and hunters.

Men and women are skilled in different ways and if you deny that then you are blatantly and willingly delusional. I believe that gender roles should be celebrated as well as women being able to choose what they would like to do. Classic gender roles are even practiced among the transgender population which should speak for something. If a male wants to become a female, he takes on the characteristics of a female through hormone therapy and plastic surgery. If gender roles did not exist, do you not think that they would not have the urge to WANT to think, act, dress and look differently? I, for one, think that the destruction or demonetization of gender roles is leading to the downfall of society in America. Women have more pressure than ever to get a career, work, go to school and be independent. Gone are the days of courtship and we have welcomed a new way of thinking into our lives that have caused major issues. Children do not get the individual care of their mothers anymore because the mothers have to work and provide as well. Children growing up without proper mental development has attributed with the increase of things such as ADHD, Depression and such. The 1st few years of life are essential to establish and maintain connections with the child and if that cannot be made then it makes for a harder time for the child. That isn't to say that mothers cannot establish that, only that they have a more difficult time due to societies pressures on the mother to be a provider as well as a care taker.

Global patriarchy is a term I am uncomfortable with because it generalizes EVERY society when in truth we should look at the individual societies by country not demonizing it as a whole.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Mic drop.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
If you use those two words in combination to make some sort of pretentious, pre assumed, political point - arguing for the dismantling of masculinity, and the overt social engineering of society, then you can go ahead a # the # right off. You are wrong, you are a apart of the problem.

I have a friend named Jacob, a Swedish guy apart of the "Green Party" and this man shamelessly attacks masculinity, he says things like the "global patriarchy" as if we should of know this was occurring and that it's a bad thing. I can clearly see a social engineering agenda with this mindless muppet, but he will go on and on thinking he is saving the world.

I'm all for the fluidity that people are discovering in gender, that indeed folks do not have to subscribe to the classic gender roles, and that should be tolerated. However, just because you fancy yourself some advanced human that is clearly more evolved then the rest of us, does not mean that the classic gender roles are inherently oppressive, or in need of dismantling, whatever happened to live and let live?

So, in point if you use the words "global patriarchy" to express some inherently evil, nefarious plot, you are a social engineering sheep who is in every way as much apart of the problem. That is all

I see the term 'global patriarchy' used in a different context here, because the Green Party is a political movement and as such strives for progress in the structure of politics and the structure of discrimination within politics and/or power and control.

Please read the top of page 10 at my link, to gain a better understanding of what I believe they identify as that which exists within not only political organizations but within most countries political structures.

fyeg.org...

More on division of control and power.

www.weforum.org...
edit on 6-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join