It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You also used the word victim in your title as click bait.

Since you aren't familiar with what that word means I've decided to post it here for you:

vic·tim
ˈviktəm/Submit
noun
a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

Your source story does not ONCE use the word victim. Perhaps you need to apologize to the poster you attempted to berate when you are so obviously wrong.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You also used the word victim in your title as click bait.

No, I didn't. The original title was too long and I got an ATS error that said I needed to shorten my title. Victim, of an accident, is an appropriate term in light of the circumstances. If you want to imply that she was victimized again by the tow truck driver, I won't disagree, but that's not what the title implies.

vic·tim ˈviktəm/Submit noun
a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You just doubled down on not knowing what victim means? Seriously? Read the first part of that definition.

a person harmed, injured, or killed

Context is your friend.

This woman was not a victim. She was involved in an accident yes, but she was without injury. You chose a bad word to shorten the title.
edit on 6-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This thread has turned out to be some excellent entertainment. Thanks everyone for the laugh today!!

edit on 6-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Jesus would probably side with Bernie, this one isnt going to heaven, but purgatory!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The "victim" was the car, then. You happy now? And the "victim" - her car - was, in fact, left on the side of the road by the tow-truck dumbass who blamed God for his dickishness.

edit on 5/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

harm härm/;
harmed; past participle: harmed physically injure. "the villains didn't harm him" synonyms: injure, hurt, wound, lay a finger on, maltreat, mistreat, misuse, ill-treat, ill-use, abuse, molest "he's never harmed anybody in his life"

damage the health of. "smoking when pregnant can harm your baby"

have an adverse effect on.
"this could harm his Olympic prospects"

Give it up man. The woman was the victim of an automobile accident. She got hit by a tractor trailer. Her car was disabled which had an adverse effect on her. PERIOD!

Besides, just because an ambulance wasn't dispatched, that doesn't mean she didn't suffer any injury.

edit on 6-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Dude, you are making yourself look worse. You are using it in the wrong context in your example. Was the person harmed? No, his OLYMPIC PROSPECTS were. No damage was done to the person. You use the word on purpose because it has a negative connotation and you didn't know the definition of it. It's fine, you were wrong. It happens. Don't make yourself look dense because of it.

Now you don't know what an adverse effect is:

adverse effect

Definition
Abnormal, harmful, or undesirable effect on an organism that causes anatomical or functional damage, irreversible physical changes, or increases the susceptibility to other biological, chemical, or environmental stresses.

ad·verse
adˈvərs,ˈadˌvərs/Submit
adjective
preventing success or development; harmful; unfavorable.

Edit: And no she was NOT a victim in an automobile accident, because she wasn't injured.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Was the person harmed?

Define harmed.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

In his quote. No person was harmed. Olympic Prospects were.

I just edited in the definition of an adverse effect for both of you since you seem confused.

As far as the word harm:

harm
härm/Submit
noun
physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.

Injury is required.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

In his quote. No person was harmed. Olympic Prospects were.

I just edited in the definition of an adverse effect for both of you since you seem confused.

As far as the word harm:

harm
härm/Submit
noun
physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.

Injury is required.

So harm is only a physical injury.

That's your stance?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's the definition of the word...It's not a stance.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's the definition of the word...It's not a stance.

The woman had Chrons.

Stress affects the physical resulting in harm.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No, the woman had chronic fatigue syndrome, not Chrons. Those are two completely and totally different things. People with Chrons would proably go ballistic for people confusing the two.

She was without injury, hence she was not a victim. She was involved in an accident. Her car was the victim. So the only victim left behind by the Tow Truck driver was the car.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No, the woman had chronic fatigue syndrome, not Chrons. Those are two completely and totally different things. People with Chrons would proably go ballistic for people confusing the two.

She was without injury, hence she was not a victim. She was involved in an accident. Her car was the victim. So the only victim left behind by the Tow Truck driver was the car and it's tired owner.

McWade, 25, has psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and early-stage Crohns, which she said made sitting on the side of the road without a restroom nearby"terrifying". She is legally disabled and says the handicapped placard was hanging on her mirror when Shupe arrived.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

See, this is why I never go bowling anymore....them conversations behind the barrier gets way too deeply rooted for my taste.

Makes it hard to listen to whats being said....kind of like a driving instructor with a sleepy monotone voice that never changes pitch....

BTW I saw Jesus in my toast this morning, he said to just let the mailman be......

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Likely so, then again the south is weird that way.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

She was not injured, she was not a victim. Win used the wrong word.

"Helpless Woman" would have been better than "Victim" because the word Victim does not fit in the context of this story.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And she was only able to prove to HufPo that she had CFS with the medication for it and the disability tag.

She was not injured, she was not a victim. Win used the wrong word.

"Helpless Woman" would have been better than "Victim" because the word Victim does not fit in the context of this story.

There is no medication for Chrons.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Someone should tell my uncle to quit taking all those anti anti-inflammatory drugs then (and myriads of others)...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join