It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Annee

Someone should tell my uncle to quit taking all those anti anti-inflammatory drugs then (and myriads of others)...

My daughter has Chrons.

There is no medication for Chrons. Do the research.

Only symptoms can be alleviated.

No one even knows what Chrons is or causes of it. They only know what happens during an attack.

This woman could have had a severe Chrons attack, resulting in physical harm.

Basically the same with Chronic Fatigue and Fibro. Only the symptoms are treated.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Was the person harmed? No, his OLYMPIC PROSPECTS were.

Now who's being obtuse. You can't separate a person from their objective. The person was harmed because his future was dashed. A person can be the victim of a scam, and lose their money. Just because they are not their money doesn't mean they weren't victims. One can be a victim of slander, even if a person isn't their reputation. Victimhood isn't exclusive to bodily harm.

Honestly, English isn't that complicated.

Now you don't know what an adverse effect is: adverse effect Definition Abnormal, harmful, or undesirable effect on an organism that causes anatomical or functional damage, irreversible physical changes, or increases the susceptibility to other biological, chemical, or environmental stresses.

That's a medical definition of a term that identifies a specific medical outcome.

Effect As a verb, to do; to produce; to make; to bring to pass; to execute; enforce; accomplish. As a noun, that which is produced by an agent or cause; result; outcome; consequence.

adverse(Hostile), adjective antagonistic, deprecatory, disagreeable, discordant, disinclined, dissuasive, fractious, inauspicious, indisposed, inimical, intolerant, opposed, recalcitrant, renitent, repugnant, resistive, restive, uncooperative, unfriendly, unreconciled, untoward, unwilling

Almost all of those adjectives listed above describe the outcome/effects of an automobile accident.

edit on 6-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be wanton endangerment?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

She was not injured, she was not a victim. Win used the wrong word.

in·jure (ĭn′jər) tr.v. in·jured, in·jur·ing, in·jures
1. a. To cause physical harm to; hurt: The accident injured the passengers. The fall injured his knee.
b. To experience injury in (oneself or a body part): She injured her ankle climbing down the hill.
2. a. To cause damage to; impair: The gossip injured his reputation.
b. To commit an injustice or offense against; wrong: people who were injured by the false accusations.
3. To cause distress to; wound: injured their feelings.

English is your friend. Learn to use it liberally.

edit on 6-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
just like a store owner isn't a victim of a robbery??

the car got damaged, that damage will need to be repaired, insurance companies will investigate to see who is at fault.
someone might be found to be at fault, and the result is that their insurance will be more costly...
harm to finances is considered harm also..
otherwise robbery would be a victimless crime.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Wouldn't this be wanton endangerment?

I'd say so.

She is legally disabled. Her particular illnesses can be affected by stress.

Who is not stressed from a car accident?

The tow truck drivers intentional negative behavior added to her stress.

I would like to see him brought up on charges, if there are any laws that apply.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

there's also the matter that she was just in an accident, having been in a few myself, I know it's possible to be hurt and not immediately realize it.. it was careless for the first responders to leave her alone and it was careless for the tow driver to..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

there's also the matter that she was just in an accident, having been in a few myself, I know it's possible to be hurt and not immediately realize it.. it was careless for the first responders to leave her alone and it was careless for the tow driver to..

Yes, I've been in a car accident. You really don't even start hurting until a couple days later.

Just recently I sprained by back helping my daughter move something. My usual Ignore - - made it much worse. 3 days later I could barely move. Spent 2 nights on ice packs, couldn't sleep from pain. Much better now. Still being very careful in my movements.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You are failing to understand English yourself and are not understanding how it is used.

What was injured in each of your bolded examples? Feelings and Reputation. Yes, those inanimate objects were injured. The person was not. You continue to make yourself look dense and ignorant of the English language.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No, his future was harmed. They are completely separate. This is middle school level grammar bro.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You are failing to understand English yourself and are not understanding how it is used.

Honestly, you've lost that argument.

You are relying on "selectivity" - - - choosing what you've decided is harm.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Did she have one? The article sure doesn't say she did. Considering that would be a major thing to mention if that had happened I would say you are taking extreme liberty with reality to assume she did.

She was not injured, she was not a victim.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

WHAT??? suspend his license? lol... you are nuts... if he wants to waste his gas to come out and decide the money isn't worth it to provide a service to someone he disagrees with, more power to him. He's speaking his mind with his pocket book.

I think Bernie supporters should wake up to the fact that the world doesn't OWE you anything. Not medical care, not food, not water, and definitely not a service provided by another.

Jaden

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did she have one? The article sure doesn't say she did. Considering that would be a major thing to mention if that had happened I would say you are taking extreme liberty with reality to assume she did.

She was not injured, she was not a victim.

If anyone is taking Liberties, its you.

As said, you are "selectively" choosing the narrowest denominator of the word harm.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Selectivity? The OP is the one relying on synonyms to drive his point home.

Let's look at context:

Poster comes in expecting to see that an injured person was left at the scene of an accident.

Windword says there was no reason for the poster to think that because he said tow truck, not ambulance.

Windword did not understand that the very definition of VICTIM is someone who has been injured. He was rude to the poster for no reason.

I pointed out that it was in fact Windword who was wrong to treat the poster that way because the poster had a valid point.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Indeed, Annee is correct. You've lost this argument. You're simply trolling from this point forward, as if you weren't trolling earlier.

Keep your eye on the ball, not the player. The topic is the tow truck driver and his religious objection in doing his job, denying service to a customer, based on a political sign in her window.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

I think Bernie supporters should wake up to the fact that the world doesn't OWE you anything. Not medical care, not food, not water, and definitely not a service provided by another.

Jaden

I am not a Bernie supporter. I am not a Democrat either.

Absolutely, this man needs to be held accountable for his actions.

His job is towing. Towing has nothing to do with religion or politics.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Wrong, you were rude to This Poster

When I corrected you, you got very angry because you want to seem very smart.

It didn't work out for you.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Again, you have ignored the context of why I am driving that narrative. Perhaps you should start at the beginning.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Wrong, you were rude to This Poster

When I corrected you, you got very angry because you want to seem very smart.

It didn't work out for you.

A goalpost move?

Who's trying to prove they're smarter then everyone else?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join