It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Annee

If he worked for a tow truck company then yes. He didn't though, he worked for himself.

Yes he was a Jerk, but that's neither here nor there on the legality of this issue.

So what?? His job is the same either way. If he worked for someone else he'd get fired for not doing his job. But the same actions were taken so he should fire himself.

I know.

Like it makes a difference if he works for himself or someone else.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

That's what I just said. At one time I would have totally agreed with what you just said. I still sort of do in fact. But I'm not as sure that is correct now as I would have thought it was a number of years ago. I would hope it would be but I'm not sure now if that is correct or not.

But other than me being unsure if that is how he'd approach it now I totally agree with you.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

answer my question, IF he did break a law, why would the result be different because he owns his own business and is not an employee? seems to me the employee would have more protections, especially if he was just following his boss's orders?

we has county clerks telling those preventing those under them from issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, owners of bakeries telling their employees to not bake them cakes, hospitals preventing doctors from providing the best medical care and endangering women..
and you sound like if things blow up, it should be the employees who should be paying for it when all they were doing was trying to keep their jobs.
so I am asking, why???

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sorry, I did not mean to reply to you. I meant to reply to the guy who brought up trump. Apologies.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I know.

Like it makes a difference if he works for himself or someone else.

It's the old, "Do as I say not as I do" authority dominance thing.

These are the rules we both are supposed to follow.....But I get to break some of them and you don't.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No, the woman had chronic fatigue syndrome, not Chrons. Those are two completely and totally different things. People with Chrons would proably go ballistic for people confusing the two.

UH-oh.
Wow. Yeah - you just blew it there - she had both - CFS and Chron's.

McWade said she collects disability payments and has psoriatic arthritis, impaired mobility, early stage Crohn’s disease, severe fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. (She sent HuffPost a picture of the disability tag, as well as a photo of her many medications.)

Source
edit on 5/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

How can I answer a hypothetical question? He didn't break the law, that should be the end of it.

Hypothetically, there should be no anti discrimination laws, people should quit being SJW's and anyone who is not a first responder (Fire, Police, EMT etc) should be able to refuse service for any reason. Let the market dictate who fails based on their bigotry.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

actually, I meant what would his reaction be if he was broken down on the highway and was refused service because of his political views...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, that's already been established...keep up. Ultimately it had nothing to do with the discussion.
edit on 6-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

McWade said she collects disability payments and has psoriatic arthritis, impaired mobility, early stage Crohn’s disease, severe fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Fatigue is an all too common symptom of Crohn's disease. In one study, about three-quarters of people with active disease reported high levels of fatigue. Other studies of people whose disease was in remission found that fatigue continued to be a problem for 30 to 40 percent of them. Fatigue can have a major impact on people who have Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, affecting their work, daily life and quality of life. www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the question is
why would you think that him being in business for himself would protect him more than if he was an employee of a company when it comes to the laws...

and I explained why I think it's relevant.. mainly because many businesses are trying to their employees to treat people just as crappy. and when things blow up, which sooner or later they are and someone WILL HAVE MAJOR PHYSICAL INJURIES because of it.. I don't see where hanging the employees are going to do much good...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
. . . He didn't break the law, . . .

We still do not know that as fact.

It's possible he's in violation of the Disability Act.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh, I can't imagine his reaction. He'd want to bring down the heavens probably. Rain fire on the whole town.

He wants to be able to sue journalists for writing mean stuff about him even if it's true. If anyone publishes anything about him possibly not being as rich as he says he is he threatens to sue them too.

He might just beat the hell out of the guy and tow his ass around on the road for a bit, who knows.

But of course that would never happen to him so it's hard to imagine exactly what he'd do about it. He might just short circuit over it and run off laughing in mad crazy laughter. Who knows.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Excuse me? "keep up"?!

And actually the entire "discussion" (which is windword's thread about what this jerk did) certainly does require addressing the fact that she was disabled. She had multiple issues. Proven. He left her sitting there. Then later he said, "Well, if she was disabled, I'd pull forward and wait with her while someone else came." And how do you think he would have felt while he was "waiting" with her for someone else to come?

What do you imagine, honestly, would have gone through his mind, while he was sitting there, perfectly capable and equipped to tow her car, but having refused to tow her. WHAT would he have given as an explanation to the driver who came later? (Had he waited, that is.)

But see, he didn't do that. And she was disabled. And he left her there. And it was a tacky, stupid, rude, and ignorant thing to do. And now he's trying to backpedal. And if you see any reason, any at all, to defend him... then I can say with confidence that I want nothing to do with you.
(Or the dick who did this.)

edit on 5/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This tow truck driver is a failure as a human being and a man. End of.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Where did I defend him? Keep up. The guy is a jerk.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So he discriminated against her because she was disabled? More liberties?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No laws were violated...

When did I say he was immune to laws?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What would tow truck driver Jesus do?
Right wing politics and religion have blurred into one big bigoted mess of fear and loathing! I have a feeling that this kind of stunt is only the "tip of the ice berg" of what the religious right is capable of, when it comes to their thinking that doing their job, and/or civic duty, violates their closely held "religious beliefs" if it means they have to assist people with different political views.

Shaking my head and wondering what's going to happen when Hillary wins the presidency!!!!

It's a shame that some people do these things, but like always liberals like yourself love to proclaim that all conservatives are like this man, yet you, among other liberals proclaim that when liberals do these things "it's just some liberals not all of you"...

Hypocrisy, exaggerations, and lies abound amongst a lot of liberals such as yourself...

Like i wrote in other threads in which other liberals in this forum try to proclaim all conservatives are like this man, I guess what you are really saying is that all liberals are like the thugs from Black Lives matter who root for the deaths of police officers, who violently attack anyone who dares not be a liberal and doesn't support their causes... I guess all liberals are like those liberals who abused a Trump supporter who was in a wheelchair, and incite violence everywhere they go...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Because the only one who can fire him is him...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join