It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Wouldn't this be wanton endangerment?

I'd say so.

She is legally disabled. Her particular illnesses can be affected by stress.

Who is not stressed from a car accident?

The tow truck drivers intentional negative behavior added to her stress.

I would like to see him brought up on charges, if there are any laws that apply.

WHAT??? brought up on charges for refusing to provide someone a service... God Damn, I'm glad you're not in charge of the world. I honestly don't even think a doctor should be brought up on charges for refusing to help a dying patient.

Jaden

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Annee

Again, you have ignored the context of why I am driving that narrative. Perhaps you should start at the beginning.

I don't think so.

You haven't made your point in the last 2 pages.

If you had anything, you would have.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Wouldn't this be wanton endangerment?

I'd say so.

She is legally disabled. Her particular illnesses can be affected by stress.

Who is not stressed from a car accident?

The tow truck drivers intentional negative behavior added to her stress.

I would like to see him brought up on charges, if there are any laws that apply.

WHAT??? brought up on charges for refusing to provide someone a service... God Damn, I'm glad you're not in charge of the world. I honestly don't even think a doctor should be brought up on charges for refusing to help a dying patient.

Jaden

ABSOLUTELY!

His job is towing. He should have done his job.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Don't you think that perhaps he was endangering her? The highway is not a safe place.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A goalpost move? That was my very first post. Are you that daft?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If he worked for a tow truck company then yes. He didn't though, he worked for himself.

Yes he was a Jerk, but that's neither here nor there on the legality of this issue.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Wrong, you were rude to This Poster

When I corrected you, you got very angry because you want to seem very smart.

It didn't work out for you.

LOL! Call a moderator.

I don't think that I was rude at all, nor am I angry.

Mildly amused by your trollery, but not angry.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If he worked for a tow truck company then yes. He didn't though, he worked for himself.

Yes he was a Jerk, but that's neither here nor there on the legality of this issue.

www.facebook.com...

False advertising. He needs to post a disclaimer. "Please call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all your towing needs....unless you're a democrat." Otherwise, he's deliberately stranding and misleading people.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

and, if he had decided he didn't want to tow her because there was a little fishie on her car?? it would have been illegal! care to explain why?? heck the christian could have been a healthy 24 year old track star with no phyisical problems whatsoever, and it still would have been illegal. but it's perfectly okay to leave a sick, or elderly, or disabled person in the lurch because you've learnt that they're views don't correspond to "christian views"??

there is something seriously wrong here! and the more I read people trying to justify this or make it out as just not being serious enough to worry about, the more I want to hop in my car and find a car with a little fishie on it broken down on the highway and stop and tell them why I am not helping them. which would be basically, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So what?? His job is the same either way. If he worked for someone else he'd get fired for not doing his job. But the same actions were taken so he should fire himself.

It isn't illegal for an employee to do it either, but it would still get them fired so why shouldn't the same apply to himself??? The rules either apply to everyone or not at all. You're making a special exception for him when you wouldn't for anyone else or if the roles were reversed.

The same rules should apply to everyone. If it was a Bernie Driver who showed up to a Trump supporter and b*tched out like this I'd say the same about him too. They didn't have to take the call, but they did. Drove out there and then just decided to quit doing their job because they wanted to make someone else suffer in some way even though they should be acting in a professional capacity as licensed by the state. They chose to let their own petty person issues change all that so they clearly aren't capable of doing their job the way they agreed to do when they got that license from the state which lists the rules on how to conduct yourself as a wreck and tow driver. Same goes for any other Tow Driver as well. It's not a personal issue, it's what they themselves have agreed to do in their professional lives.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

excuse me, but what is the difference weather he was working for himself or was an employee? if he broke the law, he should be brought to justice according to the law. if his employer is held responsible, well, then he has to take the hit for hiring a crappy driver and well, I am sure he will take care of the employee after taking that hit.

but you make it sound like because he owns his own business, then he deserves a special immunity or something.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I wonder what trump's reaction would have been?? that would probably be an interesting conversation to hear..

by the way, a coworker of mine had crohn's disease. she thought it was caused by some of the chemicals we played with everyday. she was also a big proponent of safety procedures when it came to some of those chemicals.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And what law exactly did he break? He did fire himself (it's called quitting), when he left the job. He quit working for her. He hopefully loses business as a result.

You are also confusing the right to refuse service laws with anti discrimination laws. Those laws only protect race, religion, color, ethnicity etc. Being a democrat is not covered.

a reply to: windword

Yes, he's a jerk, we've established that...

He didn't do anything against the law.
edit on 6-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I do believe I had an "if" in front of my statement...

if he broke the law, he should be brought to justice according to the law.

yep seems I did. you do know what the word "if" means don't you mr. dictionary??
I don't live in north carolina and it's not worth it to me to go diving into the laws of that state. in some states, I do believe it is illegal though.
and, well, it's still my opinion that the ad that windword posted on this page of the thread should be considered to be open to all, even democrats that have stupid bumper stickers on their cars. and false advertising IS ILLEGAL.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What liberties have I taken with the story? You've completely made up two things:

1) You've have made a baseless assumption that the driver had physical discomfort from Chron's directly caused by the Tow Truck drivers bad attitude (yes, he was a jerk). The article does not mention any such thing, nor does the driver in her interview.

2) You've assumed she may have had delayed pain, yet this interview is days after the accident with no mention of delayed pain.

I think the lady had enough bad things going on that this jerk operator didn't need to pile it on. I think those merits stand on their own without having to inflate the story. It's bad enough. "Helpless Woman" would have done far more than "Victim" since it better fits the scenario.

Edit: I missed the part about your Daughter having Chron's. As I stated my uncle has been afflicted by it for years and was not properly diagnosed until he was in his 50's. I am VERY familiar with the disease because I am his primary caregiver. The main reason I am in the SE for a good chunk of the year is to just be by him. It's a very awful thing and I do give best of wishes to your daughter.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Right, and I asked you what law he broke "If" he did break a law...it's not that difficult of a question.

You asked if I thought he got special immunity because he owns his own business. I answered that for you as well.

Anti Discrimination laws don't protect anyone based on their political affiliation. He IS protected by the right to refuse service laws.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

and it's my opinion that if one of those protected groups decides they want to discriminate, then well, maybe they should lose that protection.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I wonder what trump's reaction would have been?? that would probably be an interesting conversation to hear..

At one time I probably would have said Trump would stand by his principles of business is business and personal is personal and he would have towed this woman even if he disagreed with her politics. However, now I'm not so sure. I think both him and some of his supporters no longer understand the difference between the two. It's not just them either. People everywhere seem to think they are special or should be based upon what they personally believe and that alone should place them in a higher status of favor than others.

But you can't have equal treatment and special favor at the same time. Equality means nobody gets to be special automatically. Whoever is first in line gets to go first and the last guy is last. No cutting to the front. What applies to you has to apply to me the same. It also means I can't put myself above you nor can you place yourself above me because we both start from an equal position. However I can choose to lower my position and give it up if I choose but that is the best any of us can do. So for example, I can't take your seat on the bus but I can certainly choose to give it up to you if I want. Or if you're in the back I can give you my spot in the middle and take yours in the back if I choose.

For most things that kind of thinking is fair and workable. It may not serve in every possible case as there are always some exceptions that may come up, but for the most part that seems simple enough and fair.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

What exactly does Trump have to do with this? Will people go to no lengths to try and demonize him?

Trump is about money. You don't turn down money. Trump would call this guy a moron, because he is.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I absolutely 100% agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join