It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What about maybe kinesiology to see if we are just "lying to ourselves" ? Is that a valid science? I have not tried it yet.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Good morning! We meet on a different thread. I still get excited over those little things.

Thank you for that comment about the word finisher thing. That never occurred to me and I'll bet this is behind most of it.

I remember years ago, when words were limited to the choice of a manual or an electric typewriter. You were responsible for your own words. I think my first personal conspiracy happened when I discovered that the word "phonetic" was spelled with a "ph." I was truly bent out of shape over that for over a year. It seemed to be the epitome of absurdity to me. But that's off topic.

Speaking of topic and similar absurdities, I noticed when reading your post that I have been spelling this unfamiliar effect the "mandala" effect and everyone who has noticed has been kind enough to look the other way...thank God, as this fish probably had spinach on her metaphorical teeth!

Yesterday I made more mistakes than usual. My private joke became "sigh...giggle...and apologize profusely." I even had a few fellow members repeating it.

By the way, OP, this is truly interesting. It has tickled some thoughts I didn't have a name for.

CF

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: homeskillet
Does anyone own an old copy of a Reba Mcentire/Mcentyre album ? That should clear some confusion up.

Would a ripple in the quantum stream be unable to affect some old CDs or records? Nah. I think this is one of those things that can never really be proven either way. If the old album had the name in the claimed 'original' of course, it would be great for the argument, but Im not sure why anyone would expect it to remain the same if a quantum ripple or time travel 'oops' happened somewhere in our past.

That's if you believe the past, present, future exists at all. Mind = Blown.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

that's fine. you misread a lot of what I wrote and I seemed to have done the same. let's call it like that, and not continue in these circles.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

spelling this unfamiliar effect the "mandala" effect

Isn't the only reasonable explanation is another time line, not a misspelling.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

but I asked you. cause I am talking with you.
that's why. I don't care if other people jump of a bridge I wanna know why are YOU?
cause atm I'm talking with you.
could you answer that question?
it's not actually for me the answer is for.
it's for yourself.
why is memory implants more probable than the very common confabulation?

in any case, how would you like to go about, in proving a memory real or false?
because that is something we have to do before anything else. right?

Ok look. You seem to have some hostility toward me, and I cannot understand why. I didn't see you haranguing anyone else for talking about this, so I am confused and more than a little shocked by you singling me out. But please, kindly stop putting words in my mouth.

I do not think implanted memories are more probable than "confabulation". And that is one mother of an assumption to make about someone.

However, like you, I was not born last night. As I've mentioned numerous times in this thread, I accepted "confabulation" as a reason for many of these things, for quite some time. However, that is no longer working for me, so like many others, I am looking for answers elsewhere.

There are numerous different alternate possibilities than "confabulation" being discussed here. Of those, deliberate tampering with memories seems the most plausible to me. Of course, deliberately tampering with the timeline itself sounds more fascinating, but less plausible...or I'd have chosen that instead.

Random reality shifts or time shifts or alternate universes or this world being a simulation or dimensions crossing over each other or any of the other possibilities being discussed here just don't seem very plausible to me. However, I post about them too. I simply chose what I consider to be the strongest example and approached it from that angle. I am baffled by your aggressive reaction to a simple hypothetical discussion. It seems more than a little excessive.

Until I know for sure, I'm not committing to any one possibility. As far as I was aware, we're just having a discussion here.

To answer your question, I do not know. As far as I know, there exists no method of determining the veracity of individual memories. They cannot be proven or disproved...by their very nature, which is subjective.

Even if you and I were to witness the exact same event, we would never remember it precisely the same. In fact, technically, we cannot ever really share an experience with anyone else. That's how unique our brains are.

I don't know how to prove what is real and what is not. That's the paradoxical nature of this entire thing. If I could do that, I'd have no need to be here looking for answers. None of us would. I just know that hypnosis and a polygraph are not the right answers. Other than that, I'm still trying to figure things out.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

Good morning! We meet on a different thread. I still get excited over those little things.

Thank you for that comment about the word finisher thing. That never occurred to me and I'll bet this is behind most of it.

I remember years ago, when words were limited to the choice of a manual or an electric typewriter. You were responsible for your own words. I think my first personal conspiracy happened when I discovered that the word "phonetic" was spelled with a "ph." I was truly bent out of shape over that for over a year. It seemed to be the epitome of absurdity to me. But that's off topic.

Speaking of topic and similar absurdities, I noticed when reading your post that I have been spelling this unfamiliar effect the "mandala" effect and everyone who has noticed has been kind enough to look the other way...thank God, as this fish probably had spinach on her metaphorical teeth!

Yesterday I made more mistakes than usual. My private joke became "sigh...giggle...and apologize profusely." I even had a few fellow members repeating it.

By the way, OP, this is truly interesting. It has tickled some thoughts I didn't have a name for.

CF

Hi, yes I remember! Good to see you again.

It's funny you mention spelling because someone got upset several pages back at someone's correcting his spelling. But then another member pointed out, very astutely, that in this thread...of all threads...spelling REALLY matters.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

that's fine. you misread a lot of what I wrote and I seemed to have done the same. let's call it like that, and not continue in these circles.

Fair enough. I'm willing to hit the reset button on this if you are.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

spelling this unfamiliar effect the "mandala" effect

Isn't the only reasonable explanation is another time line, not a misspelling.

One could speculate over that but the answer I'm leaning on is plain carelessness on my side.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

CF

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I can assure you I have no hostility against you.
I do get frustrated when people misunderstand me and when I feel I can't explain myself any better.
besides I struggle with the language in that circumstance (I'm Swedish) and it only aggravates me further but that's not your fault and I'm sorry if I seemed hostile towards you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Witnessing an event and recalling it in a different way is much different than ingrained memories though.

I have use the word "Milk" for an example before... it is ingrained in your brain through nearly every day use. It is a common knowledge word, we dont even have to think about.

If tomorrow it shows up as always being spelled "merlk", people will notice, and it is in no way the same as two different people witnessing the same event and having a different perspective.

MILK, is burned in our brain, ad MERLK, would sure as hell look alien!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
it's dangerous in this thread. this rabbit hole goes too deep and I emplore everyone to really think twice before you take the red pill here.
does it really make sense that someone is altering the past including any physical object, regarding a spelling, a syllable, a color, or what have you.
does it not make more sense its a mystery of the mind rather than the external?

these details are extremely easy to misremember and it's nothing dangerous.

at least stay open minded until we have more evidence on the subject.
be open to something normal rather than something nefarious and evil.

just at least until we know more.
I emplore you for your own sanity.

not directed at anyone but everyone.
edit on 18-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

and as soon as milk changes it's name we can discuss it. until then, let's not go there shall we.

as of now it's only details that are affected and not grande things. at least as far as I know from my own several MEs and the ones I've read others have.
seems to be only details that has "changed"

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

it's dangerous in this thread. this rabbit hole goes too deep and I emplore everyone to really think twice before you take the red pill here.
does it really make sense that someone is altering the past including any physical object, regarding a spelling, a syllable, a color, or what have you.
does it not make more sense its a mystery of the mind rather than the external?

these details are extremely easy to misremember and it's nothing dangerous.

at least stay open minded until we have more evidence on the subject.
be open to
it makes ZERO sense, but I believe in a creator, who does and could have access to our reality and could easily change things, and think maybe they/he/she, could be trying to wake up the children down here for some sort of announcemet or something, who knows, I am just throwing out far feched guesses at this point, all I know is it IS happening to me!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

it's happening to me aswell. I too, believe in some sort of creator but you're right, what you said made no sense why would a creator benevolent or not use this mindfuk tactics to communicate..

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

it's happening to me aswell. I too, believe in some sort of creator but you're right, what you said made no sense why would a creator benevolent or not use this mindfuk tactics to communicate..
well, maybe because us humans are as stubborn as mules and need to have a slap right in the face to wake up.... I dont know, maybe we need little bits at a time, like baby steps, because too much truth at once could drive us too batty?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Well that is true, as I've probably already mentioned the french title also translates with A vampire, they could have wrote it down as The vampire and nobody would have ticked (as in it doesn't sound funny).
Now to entertain the ME theory I was thinking the following :

If we go by the theory that it is time/dimensional travelers that are changing little things in our past the modify our present, and we assume the person speaks English or is from the states (or only the states have access to the technology) they would be more likely to modify English stuff, let me give an example :

The time/dimensional traveler went back to 1993/94 bumped into the guy that dealt with forwarding the info to the editing team, and spilled his coffee on him, that guy was pissed and didn't have a change of clothes, didn't double check what info the forwarded because he was frustrated by his shirt being stained with coffee, and gave "THE" as the info and not "A" a typo that everyone on the editing team followed, by that time the movie was translated, editing teams for foreign languages had the "A" info maybe from another guy in charge and it went on from there, a small mistake that no one noticed at the time, or by the time it was noticed everything was printed out and everyone just shrugged it off.

Now bear in mind that this is just an example of how things can go wrong in one language, and is just pure fiction and in no way a theory of what happened in this films case, I have no idea what the processes where in the 90's for releasing/creating a film, just as much as I have no idea what the processes are now.

Also in theory you only need one action to modify a series of events and whatnot.
edit on 18-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

sure. but until he or she or it decides to speak frankly I will consider it a mystery of the mind. albeit a very curious one. and I recommend anyone to also think that way considering there is no proof anything else is going on.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

sure. but until he or she or it decides to speak frankly I will consider it a mystery of the mind. albeit a very curious one. and I recommend anyone to also think that way considering there is no proof anything else is going on.
I know, I dont trust any manmade books etc, so I wish we knew how to listen or how to trust.... I think if a giant voice thundered from the sky, most of us would not believe still, because we have been lied to and screwed with too much, not because we are bad people, but we got shafted too many times!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

nah I don't think so tbh. sure, many devout religious types might go that route but most of us have an open mind (at least I'd like to think so) and if a roaring voice in the sky said something and everyone could hear it not just a few then I'm sure it would be believed..

there is enough wrong with the world as it is, with real and undeniable things going on that's sickening enough for a lifetime, and not enough time and energy is left in my spirit to dive down this rabbit hole. at least not yet there is way too little evidence of something going on but in our heads.
deja vu was scary the first time I had it but then not, considering everyone has them..
this effect is similar and I'm sure everyone has had this too only its not necessarily as noticeable as deja vu and harder to prove, i. e it's easy to just go "oh well I guess I was remembering it wrong" and think no more about it.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join