It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

There's a glitch or two in the PM system at ATS.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I understand your line of thinking. I know about mind control and mind programming. More than I'd like to know. It's a very deep and horrific subject and takes years to fully understand what's involved. I studied it for many years.

I want to say though, what if our memories are not false? What if it's those who deny the effect or have no memories of these things having been different at some point who have successfully been re-programmed to accept the new versions and forget any other version ever existed or deny it existed because of memory fallacy?

I'm just looking at it from a different perspective for the sake of study.

That's been part of my argument all along, with regard to the differing sides. The number of people who refuse to accept that they're simply victims of their own faulty memory continues to increase.

It is perfectly reasonable...logical, in fact...to give equal consideration to the possibility that those of us who cannot dismiss this or do not even notice it at all are not actually the ones with the false memories, and the ones who so smugly mock us are instead. I wonder if turnabout would be considered fair play, in the event of such a development.

Another, equally plausible scenario is that all of us are experiencing false memories. That (as has been suggested several times) we are all being manipulated and set against each other for some reason.

Just the possibility of that was enough to get me looking for other potential pieces of the puzzle, even though I'm not exactly comfortable with some of the possible explanations. I'd rather know for sure than risk remaining a pawn in someone or something else's game.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've been aware of material, and a particular article from summer of last year, for some time which could explain what is happening with the ME but I won't post it in this thread because it could cause too many problems even though this forum is Skunk Works.

The thing is, it could really be beyond disturbing to some and I don't want to do that to anyone who is having trouble with this phenomena. It could be met with extreme disbelief and psychological distress. The person who wrote it has been very controversial over the years and has been attacked from all directions because of what s/he has published.

I've come across and been told the most heinous stuff regarding what's going on behind the scenes on this planet and perhaps the ME is finally evidence of some of this to those who are willing to consider what is beyond the acceptable, mundane paradigm of reality. I see the willingness to consider as a form of self-protection. I keep things I can't prove open to eventual confirmation. There's a reason a lot of things can't be proved outright and it's not because these things are wrong.

I don't mean to be mysterious, leading or provocative; just cautious, concerned and well aware of how information can effect people.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

My long term understanding is there are forces at work who're invested in causing humanity to destroy itself.

If one takes a few steps back and takes a long, hard look at ALL of what's going on in the world it's very difficult to deny or dismiss that very possible scenario.

I'm very sorry to write what I did but there it is. It's very apparent to me. Unfortunately.

It's easier on the psyche to believe humanity is destroying itself unaided but I think we're having plenty of unseen help.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: hidingthistime

it's happening to me aswell. I too, believe in some sort of creator but you're right, what you said made no sense why would a creator benevolent or not use this mindfuk tactics to communicate..

And that right there is the reason I find it far more plausible that if it's deliberate, it's being done by malicious human beings rather than a divine being or beings.

Obviously, part of human evolution is problem solving and adapting to change. But this is too random to be random; some minor tweak from an unseen omnipotent hand, if that makes sense. It is causing people distress, some of them severely so. It is also becoming more widespread, and if it continues, it could cause a panic. That a divine being would do something like that makes no sense to me. That's a human behavior...toying with people's minds like that.

The only alternative would be if said being or beings were not benevolent creators at all. That just doesn't seem logical to me. Why create an entire world in such painstaking detail, only to toy with its inhabitants in such a cruel, childish manner?

Interesting thoughts.
But, just because people perceive it as a mindfuk doesn't necessarily mean that is the intent of the Creator being.
The intent could still be one of benevolence. We just don't understand the reason.

Intellectually, I know you're right. I suppose I'm just resistant to the idea of being mind-controlled by some alien race. I know, it sounds asinine that I'd rather be mind-controlled by my own damned species, but I would. At least if it IS for some insidious purpose, it is an evil I'm already familiar with. An evil that I know can be vanquished.

And there is no logical reason either, to believe that aliens would mean us any harm...by now they could have destroyed us thousands of times over if they wanted to. But if they intend no harm, then why be underhanded about it?

Doing something without our consent, no matter the reason behind it, is a violation. Deliberately manipulating our memories, something intrinsically connected to the very core of who we are as individuals, without our consent or knowledge, and knowingly causing adverse psychological and emotional distress in the process just does not sit well with me in the context of benevolent intent.

I guess I would need a specific example of how something like this could be beneficial...or that deceiving us about their existence could be either. I don't buy the old, lame platitude that they don't reveal their presence to us en masse for fear of causing a global panic and the utter chaos that would follow.

Logic suggests that if they've got the means by which to extensively tinker with our memories and thoughts, it would be a cakewalk to suppress any feelings of fear or anxiety at the confirmation of their presence in our world. Despite numerous accusations to the contrary, I am actually a very logical-minded person. I don't like it when things don't add up, and this is one of those things.

I've always been wary of leaving loose ends. It has been my personal experience that if you don't tie up those loose ends at the start, they'll get snagged and unravel everything in the end. Pretending they're not there does nothing but prolong the inevitable.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Weird!!! I wonder what else I've missed.

Hm. I looked again and everything.

I really want to know what you said too! And I'm pretty sure I linked the post correctly but who knows.

Perhaps I will try again.

This has also happened to me. Three separate messages to three separate people over the past week have just inexplicably disappeared into the Twisting Nether. I assumed some type of error on my part, but now I see I'm not alone. Hmmmm.

Eta: I also typed out a response to alienDNA last night, about four paragraphs, and when I hit send, the screen refreshed and showed my post. I just noticed earlier that my entire reply is gone...the only thing now showing is his quote. And I never edited it, not once.
edit on 31159America/ChicagoWed, 18 May 2016 21:15:53 -050031pm31138America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Eta

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

My long term understanding is there are forces at work who're invested in causing humanity to destroy itself.

If one takes a few steps back and takes a long, hard look at ALL of what's going on in the world it's very difficult to deny or dismiss that very possible scenario.

I'm very sorry to write what I did but there it is. It's very apparent to me. Unfortunately.

It's easier on the psyche to believe humanity is destroying itself unaided but I think we're having plenty of unseen help.

I agree with you, although I'm not sure our ideas as to the who, the what, and the why would match up. There are exactly five people on the planet with whom I have ever shared my thoughts with to their fullest extent. There are good reasons for that. I've shared a little with you previously, so you know some of those reasons.

Don't apologize for what you wrote. Disturbing or not, if it's a possibility, we need to be aware of it. Link me whatever you've got in a PM when you've got a chance. I'm not planning on sleeping tonight anyway.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
How can this thread have 99 pages in just one day?

Oops, I forgot which month it is.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

That means the theory must be true!
edit on 18-5-2016 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

This old Walt Kelly comic strip "Pogo" comes to mind when I think too long or too hard about this "stuff."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hey! You're right on cue!

Peace and well being to you, and have a good day!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

The herb Ginkgo is supposed to be good for memory and other mental functions. There are other herbs which enhance mental acuity but that one is the standard.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If there was an open quote tag it will do that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Your vivid memory sounds like vivid imagination.

You shouldn't put too much stock in childhood memories.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: Barcs

Yeah. But in my head its always been 5x. I probably even remember it as being 56 if im being completely honest here.
So thats a ME for me for sure. Anyone else?

But I wont let it freak me out cause its not a big deal, and Im more than open to the possibility of me confabulating, as that is very possible.
But yeah, I have distinct and clear memories as knowing for a fact it was 56 (lets just say 5x for sake of argument) and very suddenly, it was 50. And I remember thinking - "hmm, wonder when USA consolidated its states into 50 but makes more sense I guess" - and honestly thought it was a real thing that happened. The change from 5x to 50.

My question to you here would be:

How strong is your memory of 5x states? You say clear and distinct...

But is it because you heard others saying it? Or did you actually see these states on a map? Do you remember actually learning about these extra states in school in geography? Did you ever have a blank US map and have to fill out the names of all the states in class? If so, then you would probably have a good idea of which states were there before and not there now. That is what I'm curious about.

Remember, before we were discussing how when we hear others say things enough (especially while we are children), they become true to us, even if they are dead wrong. I believed many myths that my parents taught me as true, despite being completely wrong, and many of these things persisted until I was 30 and began looking things up constantly. People say a lot of nonsense, it's just when we're young and impressionable things people say can have a lasting affect, even if completely wrong. I'm not saying this is definitely the case here, but if it's not, you should be able to give some details about the missing/consolidated states.

It sounds like a textbook example of memory confusion to me. It seems that the vagueness and inability to remember the details would prove it. It's kind of like how the die hard star wars fans usually get the "I am your father" line correct but the casual fans do not. I see similar results with the Reba, the die hard fans get it right, while the casual do not. I could be wrong, but all my research and polling regarding this topic shows the same pattern.
edit on 5 19 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

further to BARCS points :

1 - can any one name any of the " extra states " ?

2 - where were they - was the CONUS larger [ extending further into mexico // canada ] were there extra ` off shore states `

or were states like califonia or texas smaller ???

if you are going to make claims - its amazing that you claim there were ** more states - but cannot remember any

PS - as a brit - i opened up word and attempted to write down the names of all the US states from memory - no cheating - i seem to have stalled at 46

i would expect US members of ATS to do better - and claimants of extra states to know what at least one was called

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Also, the Herbal Essence one is easy. Clairol made the first "Herbal essence" shampoo. They didn't release the who sub brand of "Herbal Essences" until later. This easily explains the confusion over the name. Here is a picture of the original.

edit on 5 19 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'm happy you asked the question. Simply because people would remember the past they have already lived, images that are stocked in their memory.

For example : the film came out in 1994, You watched it for the first time in 1996 lets say, your memory recalls certain things that you lived at that time, you just got home from buying the film from the shop, and you can't wait to watch it coz you love Brad Pitt, you take the plastic wrapping off your new VHS, you open the box, you are getting ready to put it in the videoplayer to watch it, and your phone rings, it's good news that you will never forget. During that short time you have seen the cover at least 10 times, and you have an important memory as an anchor.

That scene and memory is engraved in your mind for life. A time/dimensional traveler comes and screws up the title, so the title changes but your memories haven't, they are somehow in your brain for life. Your surroundings have changed but your memories are still there.

You have lived your lived your life in your dimension all your life, the traveler left his timeline/dimension in 2010, also your 2010, to go back to 1994 in your dimension, he changed it and went back to his dimension/or similar to 2010, but you have still lived your life up to 2010 and one day in 2011 you notice the difference.

Just a theory.
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's the one I remember and used long ago. Thanks for posting. In this instance, there is an observable trail from Essence to Essences.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No way!

Argh. Well, the ATS-Sinkhole/Blackhole is expanding!!

Sorry you had that happen. I'm still wondering what the heck...Where does it all go?

- AB

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: WeSbO
and they also got alpha centuri the wrong way round ? they reversed everything +75 light years big mistake I do still cal vodka... Was mars further or closer to the sun than earth ?

Closer. Earth, then Mars, then Venus, then Mercury.

Nope its jupiter, mars, earth, venus, mercury then the sun

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join