It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO

originally posted by: tigertatzen

and they also got alpha centuri the wrong way round ? they reversed everything +75 light years big mistake I do still cal vodka... Was mars further or closer to the sun than earth ?

Closer. Earth, then Mars, then Venus, then Mercury.

Nope its jupiter, mars, earth, venus, mercury then the sun

Yep, and it was never any different. It's another classic example of being told something incorrect and it sticking in your mind as a memory. I know this because I was huge into the solar system and astrophysics when I was a kid. I did more than one science project depicting the the planets revolving around the sun. The earth was always #3, aka 3rd rock from the sun and has always been referred to that way. I'd be willing to bet that nobody that has studied the solar system on the level I had would have wrong memories of Mars being closer to the sun than earth. If the earth and mars were in different spots, the earth itself would be a drastically different place, and there's a good chance it would actually be a barren wasteland like Mars.

This seems to be consistent with most ME claims. It's always vague, never specific, and always simple differences that could easily be mistakes. The experts on various ME topics / people are never the ones with incorrect memories. It's always the folks that never really studied it in depth. I really don't think anybody is going back in time and switching Earth and Mars' orbits. That is pretty major, but a mistaken memory is actually much simpler and more logical.
edit on 5 19 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Wasn't asking for validation, nor confirmation, just asking tigertatzen, nothing more. And I was not claiming that Mars was situated elsewhere.

I'm not claiming Time travel is at play here, I've always mentionned that it is just a theory and it is entertaining and thought provoking to talk about these kind of things. I'm not looking for any confirmation or anyone that agrees with me, I'm not here for that, i'm here to entertain thoughts. I myself do not believe that spelling mistakes are anything but that, and I don't follow religiously famous peoples deaths.

But please refrain from assuming that people who don't share your opinion are people that have "never really studied in depth", no need to be condescending to get your point across.

I remember the time on ATS when the title on the Skunk works forum was "Highly Speculative Conspiracy Topics" ...
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: tigertatzen

If there was an open quote tag it will do that.

Oh really now? Must be a new feature on ATS...multiple paragraphs of text randomly being deleted hours after it was posted, read by other people and starred. When did this take effect?

Apparently it's a new feature on the u2u relay as well...entire messages disappearing, hours after being sent and with no trace of them ever existing. I wonder what would be the point of such a feature. In 4+ years I've never once seen this happen until now.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm happy you asked the question. Simply because people would remember the past they have already lived, images that are stocked in their memory.

For example : the film came out in 1994, You watched it for the first time in 1996 lets say, your memory recalls certain things that you lived at that time, you just got home from buying the film from the shop, and you can't wait to watch it coz you love Brad Pitt, you take the plastic wrapping off your new VHS, you open the box, you are getting ready to put it in the videoplayer to watch it, and your phone rings, it's good news that you will never forget. During that short time you have seen the cover at least 10 times, and you have an important memory as an anchor.

That scene and memory is engraved in your mind for life. A time/dimensional traveler comes and screws up the title, so the title changes but your memories haven't, they are somehow in your brain for life. Your surroundings have changed but your memories are still there.

You have lived your lived your life in your dimension all your life, the traveler left his timeline/dimension in 2010, also your 2010, to go back to 1994 in your dimension, he changed it and went back to his dimension/or similar to 2010, but you have still lived your life up to 2010 and one day in 2011 you notice the difference.

Just a theory.

Wow. That makes a whole lot of sense to me. One of my problems with the time travel angle has been that it leaves too many things unaccounted for. A big one is the fact that not everyone is experiencing this the same way...some of us only noticed a few of the ME markers or all of them except for one or two.

If we all started out on the same timeline, we should all be experiencing at least one of these changes...yet some do not. That makes it easier for them to dismiss it as simply faulty recollection. They don't seem to comprehend that these anchor memories are the very thing that prevents us from accepting that explanation. We don't "think" we remember these things. We KNOW we remember them.

The clarity of those memories due to them being anchors to actual life events makes sense. What continues to make no sense is why everyone is not noticing every one of these changes en masse...are we not all on the same timeline then? Could one time traveler be responsible for such significant variations or would it have to be multiple travelers making multiple changes along our timeline?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

I wasn't saying that to agree or disagree with you personally. I was talking to the thread in general, I wasn't suggesting anything about you or your beliefs on the topic. I've been researching this topic and polling people ever since I first heard about it. And yes, it's almost always the experts and die hards that have the "correct" memories of things they focus on. The biggest star wars fans get the "No, I am your father" quote correct. People in Reba's fan club spell her name right. People that have studied the solar system remember the correct order of planets. I wasn't trying to be condescending, but this is what my research has shown thus far.

When I poll people I always ask them their level of familiarity with the subject. I don't think it's coincidence that the most familiar have the "accurate" memories. That's all I was trying to say. Where are the Nasa astronauts speaking about how Mars use to be closer to the sun? Even the guy who wrote Berenstain Bears remembers it that way. I could see if you study something your entire life and then it suddenly changes, but I haven't seen any examples of experts speaking out. It's usually about what people hear from other people, rather than what they studied in depth. The person with the 5x states only reinforced that by showing that they didn't remember any of the names or details about where they were on the map. Political activists all know very well that Nelson Mandela never died in prison. I'm just looking for better examples, that's all.

edit on 5 19 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So this is not just for the spelling McIntyre. I goggled Reba McIntire. Showed alternative search for Reba McEntire. I wonder what Reba has to say about all this? I wonder how many alternative spellings are given to her?

a reply to: TombEscaper

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: tigertatzen

and they also got alpha centuri the wrong way round ? they reversed everything +75 light years big mistake I do still cal vodka... Was mars further or closer to the sun than earth ?

Closer. Earth, then Mars, then Venus, then Mercury.

Nope its jupiter, mars, earth, venus, mercury then the sun

Yep, and it was never any different. It's another classic example of being told something incorrect and it sticking in your mind as a memory. I know this because I was huge into the solar system and astrophysics when I was a kid. I did more than one science project depicting the the planets revolving around the sun. The earth was always #3, aka 3rd rock from the sun and has always been referred to that way. I'd be willing to bet that nobody that has studied the solar system on the level I had would have wrong memories of Mars being closer to the sun than earth. If the earth and mars were in different spots, the earth itself would be a drastically different place, and there's a good chance it would actually be a barren wasteland like Mars.

This seems to be consistent with most ME claims. It's always vague, never specific, and always simple differences that could easily be mistakes. The experts on various ME topics / people are never the ones with incorrect memories. It's always the folks that never really studied it in depth. I really don't think anybody is going back in time and switching Earth and Mars' orbits. That is pretty major, but a mistaken memory is actually much simpler and more logical.

I was likewise "huge into" the solar system as a kid. I wanted to be an astronomer. I spent my summers hanging around the Steinhart Aquarium in SF which had an enormous planetarium and a light show to rival Space Mountain at Disney World. I saved my babysitting money for a telescope.

This was a significant part of my reality continuing well into adulthood. And in that reality, Mars was closer to the sun and Pluto was the ninth planet. Always.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well there are more and more people that are apparently remembering different things, I wouldn't expect half of the world population waking up tomorrow and come on internet to say something is wrong, over time I expect this phenomenon to grow. And some people just naturally blow it off (as they always have done) because they don't attach the same importance to these kind of things, everyone is different, especially in their thought process.

No there is one thing that is for sure, more more and people are reporting differences, whether the explanation is mundane or something more complex, something is happening, otherwise this thread would not have 100 pages, there would be just a couple of rare freaky videos on Youtube, and other websites wouldn't be talking about this as much.

Personnaly I am going to go to the doctors next, not to tell him about what I remember and don't remember of course lol, I have being having a lot of trouble over the past couple of months pronouncing my words correctly, slurring my words, having trouble finishing my sentences, and having to stop to think about pronunciations.
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

No way!

Argh. Well, the ATS-Sinkhole/Blackhole is expanding!!

Sorry you had that happen. I'm still wondering what the heck...Where does it all go?

- AB

I think it may be surpassing "hole" status and escalating straight to "vortex" at this point, actually...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Arrogant SOB, denigrating a person without any rights or reasons.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well there are more and more people that are apparently remembering different things, I wouldn't expect half of the world population waking up tomorrow and come on internet to say something is wrong, over time I expect this phenomenon to grow. And some people just naturally blow it off (as they always have done) because they don't attach the same importance to these kind of things, everyone is different, especially in their thought process.

No there is one thing that is for sure, more more and people are reporting differences, whether the explanation is mundane or something more complex, something is happening, otherwise this thread would not have 100 pages, there would be just a couple of rare freaky videos on Youtube, and other websites wouldn't be talking about this as much.

Personnaly I am going to go to the doctors next, not to tell him about what I remember and don't remember of course lol, I have being having a lot of trouble over the past couple of months pronouncing my words correctly, slurring my words, having trouble finishing my sentences, and having to stop to think about pronunciations.

Did you happen to see a number of pages back where other people were saying they were experiencing speech difficulties as well? It was closer to the beginning of the thread.

I myself have developed a strange stuttering sort of thing...it started out as periodic stumbling over words because they seem to leave my mouth at the exact moment I think of them, without the almost imperceptible delay between thought and utterance...what many refer to as the "brain-to-mouth filter". It is annoying as hell because I do a lot of public speaking and have limited time to talk at each session.

In the past month or so however, it has become more frequent. I know medically, everything is as it should be. One of the first things I did was go get seen by a doc, to rule out any physiological causes for all of these things that have been happening to me.

I've also had bouts of vertigo and dizziness, nausea and vomiting, ringing in my left ear, breathing difficulties and severe ataxia resulting in a couple of pretty nasty falls. But everything checks out just fine.

Many of the MEs I have personally experienced are not new. I noticed the changes long before I ever knew there was a name for what was happening to me and that I was not alone. I fully accepted...albeit reluctantly...that those things were most likely either due to human error or that companies had simply changed product spellings for whatever reason.

It wasn't until right before this thread began that I started to realize that something was very wrong. Now I regret ignoring my intuition in the first place.

I think it's wise to get checked by a doctor. It is always wise to rule out the mundane before diving headfirst down ye olde rabbit hole. Contrary to the popular assertion by all the would-be character assassins clinging to this thread like barnacles, we all seem to be quite a grounded, intelligent, reasoning group of people. In other words, you're in good company.

If the mundane, canned explanation they are attempting to shove down our throats fit the bill, none of us would be here continuing to seek one that does. I know I sure wouldn't. This sucks. Why would anyone want this? Life is weird enough already, isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Contrary to the popular assertion by all the would-be character assassins clinging to this thread like barnacles, we all seem to be quite a grounded, intelligent, reasoning group of people.

Until a ClownFish shows up...

I myself have developed a strange stuttering sort of thing...it started out as periodic stumbling over words because they seem to leave my mouth at the exact moment I think of them, without the almost imperceptible delay between thought and utterance...what many refer to as the "brain-to-mouth filter". It is annoying as hell

I've also had bouts of vertigo and dizziness, nausea and vomiting, ringing in my left ear

Okay, now you're scaring me. I have a certain amount of dizziness that just comes with the new territory, but in the last year or so, I have also developed the strangest clicking sounds, as if there were a metal cricket in my left ear. And just to make sure I don't get a handle on this, every once in a while, perhaps 5% of the time, it will suddenly jump to the right ear. Most annoying, in every sense of the word. Especially because there is a sense of a presence in the room, or just shy of that sense, when these things happen.

If the mundane, canned explanation they are attempting to shove down our throats fit the bill, none of us would be here continuing to seek one that does. I know I sure wouldn't. This sucks. Why would anyone want this? Life is weird enough already, isn't it?

Allow me to say something even weirder. Before I met ATS, I agreed with you completely. But now, I'm actually glad all this has happened and is happening, because I wouldn't be typing this to you right now if it hadn't. I mean, at some point, all this weirdness is bound to crystalize into something that makes sense, don't you think? Maybe I've just gone over the deep end or something, but these things that used to scare me so much have sort of lost their sting.

CF

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: Barcs

That's the one I remember and used long ago. Thanks for posting. In this instance, there is an observable trail from Essence to Essences.

I found two old commercials from the early 70s for Herbal Essence. That is also the bottle I remember. I hated the scent...pine smells horrendous to me, like those awful green holiday candles.

There are several bottles of "vintage" Herbal Essence shampoo on eBay as well. There are also several discussion boards where people are asking about it. It does indeed appear that the company simply changed the name spelling.

I'll just leave a few things here for you, though.

1) I have yet to find any mention by Clairol anywhere of that old product name. Not even on their official website. In fact, I found three links that showed a thumbnail of the bottle and appeared to lead directly to the product section of their bio, but upon clicking, all three links are broken.

2) Strangely, numerous links also surface under "Vintage Herbal Essence Green Shampoo" for eBay, but the bottles say "Clairol Herbal", which isn't listed as one of their products either. Also, the bottles and shampoo are in more than one fragrance/color. If I were the suspicious type, I might think that somebody got nervous because there is physical evidence that the name was different and decided to make composite images of the same bottle with different designs in case they needed to fabricate a quick cover story, such as the product name being "reinvented".

I would also wonder at the intelligence of a person who would go to all that trouble, yet neglect to include the name change in their company history bio. If they had a blurb about revamping an old product name right there in plain view on their official site, no one would have ever questioned it in the first place. The very best lies always contain at least one verifiable truth. Common sense, yo...it is a lost concept these days.

3) The Herbal EssenceS Wiki page mentions the old scent, but doesn't refer to it as "Essence" at all. Nor does it show the old product label. Ditto the Clairol Wiki page. And also intriguing is the fact that both were anonymously updated several months ago, at close to the same time.

4) The comments on the discussion boards, eBay links, etc. are quite interesting. I'm not going to say why. I want to see what you think about them. There is something wrong about them and it really bugs me.

If the company, which has changed hands at least three times so far, really did change the old name from Herbal Essence to Herbal Essences, then it should be a simple matter to find proof of that. So far, there are plenty of things that infer such a change, but nothing that proves it. If it's out there, great. Mystery solved. But I have not found it yet and I've looked for about an hour so far.

edit on 31097America/ChicagoThu, 19 May 2016 19:09:38 -050031pm31139America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The good news is it DID exist, as I know it did because I loved it and used it until it was dropped, and it's NOT a faulty memory. Lol! No can tell me any different or question my memory as in the case of DEPENDS.

Original Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo

Vintage shampoo sells for $305 on E-bay

As you saw, P&G now owns Clairol (since 2001) so they had no interest, I gather, of including a product history online of a product they dropped from Clairol's line. They killed it. I know you don't miss it but I was disappointed to see it go. Lol! A bad decision it was because their replacements haven't done so well. There may be hard copy history in the company's archives, not online. I'm guessing it's possible.

I saw discussion on E-bay but I'm not sure if I'm seeing the particular comments you mentioned??

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
I found another ME I think, this one Herbal Essence. Shampoo. Now it seems to be Herbal Essences. Which doesnt seem all that wrong, but I know for a fact there was a Shampoo called Herbal Essence, at least in Sweden, cause I remember the commercials and the ladies of the house using it.
This one Im sure of, more so than the 5x states.
It might not be an ME though, might be real, just that it might've been in Sweden only or something. We use alot of English names for stuff.

I remember Herbal Essence. When I lived with my parents we always had Herbal Essence in the washroom, and it was frequently advertised on TV. With these Mandela Effects, not only is reality changed, but it's changed in ways that don't even make sense. A company puts a LOT of time and care into the name of their product. "Herbal Essences" sounds terrible. It's awkward. The "S" ruins it. I'm not sure if there has been a single language-related Mandela Effect yet that actually improved the spelling or pronunciation. It always seems to diminish it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A gentle reminder for posters not to snap back at the trolls. Retaliation often gets you into trouble and they would love nothing more than for the thread to be closed down.

As a side note, I meant to mention this a while back but I've been distracted by work and such, but the point that none of the Mandela Effects are consequential is actually incorrect. In my memory at least, and I am not alone in this, the Arctic was a large land of ice, slowly melting and breaking apart. The Arctic was always talked about as disastrous for the planet, bound to cause severe global flooding if it should fully melt, even to the point of covering the entire map with water (except for some mountaintops.) Now it's just moving pieces of ice and is not featured on the Canadian map anymore, though it was always featured throughout my entire life until recently. Now we hear about the Antarctic, when in the past (as I experienced it,) it was hardly ever mentioned at all (at least not in Canada.) Obviously that is no small change.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

Contrary to the popular assertion by all the would-be character assassins clinging to this thread like barnacles, we all seem to be quite a grounded, intelligent, reasoning group of people.

Until a ClownFish shows up...

I myself have developed a strange stuttering sort of thing...it started out as periodic stumbling over words because they seem to leave my mouth at the exact moment I think of them, without the almost imperceptible delay between thought and utterance...what many refer to as the "brain-to-mouth filter". It is annoying as hell

I've also had bouts of vertigo and dizziness, nausea and vomiting, ringing in my left ear

Okay, now you're scaring me. I have a certain amount of dizziness that just comes with the new territory, but in the last year or so, I have also developed the strangest clicking sounds, as if there were a metal cricket in my left ear. And just to make sure I don't get a handle on this, every once in a while, perhaps 5% of the time, it will suddenly jump to the right ear. Most annoying, in every sense of the word. Especially because there is a sense of a presence in the room, or just shy of that sense, when these things happen.

Allow me to say something even weirder. Before I met ATS, I agreed with you completely. But now, I'm actually glad all this has happened and is happening, because I wouldn't be typing this to you right now if it hadn't. I mean, at some point, all this weirdness is bound to crystalize into something that makes sense, don't you think? Maybe I've just gone over the deep end or something, but these things that used to scare me so much have sort of lost their sting.

CF

Yeah, but clownfish are awesome

I don't mean to scare anyone. I have had odd, metallic, chirping or trilling occur twice last year...it sounded like a cricket would if it were made of metal. Like a bizarre noise from one of those weird little hyper creatures from Transformers. Both times, it was sudden, loud enough to make me flinch, and lasted less than 30 seconds. The second time it happened, I was just dozing off. Scared the hell out of me. I'd like that to not happen ever again.

I do agree with you quite a bit, actually. There is a large degree of comfort in knowing you're not the only one going through this. And I must admit, once the fear and anxiety receded a bit, my inner sleuth became intrigued with the mystery.

Yes, I do believe this will all make sense soon. I think that's the reason we're here. Coincidence does not exist.

Btw...I do relate to the sense of a presence with the ear sounds. I feel it too, every time my ear starts ringing. My husband and I have a running joke that we're receiving transmissions from the mother ship...it happens to him too. It only spooks me when I'm by myself at night. This city gets exceedingly creepy at night.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The Arctic was always talked about as disastrous for the planet, bound to cause severe global flooding if it should fully melt, even to the point of covering the entire map with water (except for some mountaintops.)
That makes no sense.

Oh, sorry. That makes no sense in this world.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

originally posted by: alienDNA
I found another ME I think, this one Herbal Essence. Shampoo. Now it seems to be Herbal Essences. Which doesnt seem all that wrong, but I know for a fact there was a Shampoo called Herbal Essence, at least in Sweden, cause I remember the commercials and the ladies of the house using it.
This one Im sure of, more so than the 5x states.
It might not be an ME though, might be real, just that it might've been in Sweden only or something. We use alot of English names for stuff.

I remember Herbal Essence. When I lived with my parents we always had Herbal Essence in the washroom, and it was frequently advertised on TV. With these Mandela Effects, not only is reality changed, but it's changed in ways that don't even make sense. A company puts a LOT of time and care into the name of their product. "Herbal Essences" sounds terrible. It's awkward. The "S" ruins it. I'm not sure if there has been a single language-related Mandela Effect yet that actually improved the spelling or pronunciation. It always seems to diminish it.

You're right...the changes are never an improvement. Perhaps they're purposely that absurd, to make it impossible for every single person on the planet to simply ignore them, as so many seem content to do.

You're also right about the care that is out into branding and marketing...that's what makes these awkward phrases and logos stand out to me...even without the memory factor, they just sound ridiculous.

Maybe they're clues. Like a scavenger hunt. That's a new angle...I think I'll chew on that for a bit. Might as well...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

The good news is it DID exist, as I know it did because I loved it and used it until it was dropped, and it's NOT a faulty memory. Lol! No can tell me any different or question my memory as in the case of DEPENDS.

Original Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo

Vintage shampoo sells for $305 on E-bay

As you saw, P&G now owns Clairol (since 2001) so they had no interest, I gather, of including a product history online of a product they dropped from Clairol's line. They killed it. I know you don't miss it but I was disappointed to see it go. Lol! A bad decision it was because their replacements haven't done so well. There may be hard copy history in the company's archives, not online. I'm guessing it's possible.

I saw discussion on E-bay but I'm not sure if I'm seeing the particular comments you mentioned??

I visited a lot of links, lol. Basically, the vast majority of the comments seemed scripted. For example (and this precise comment appeared over and over on many different sites by many different user names), "So glad to see the green Herbal Essences Shampoo that I remembered from my childhood! It's great to see the same reliable product with a more modern style from one of my favorite companies. Keep up the good work!"

If you're visiting a message board, looking for a specific product, how many people looking for that same product are going to take the time to write a comment that reads like something out of an ad campaign? It particularly stands out on the "ask" sites where the usual commentary fare can best be described as "marginal to functional illiteracy". And when you see five or more comments in a row with the same canned, scripted wording, it stands out even more starkly.

It's the little things that always trip people up in the end. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we're witnessing right now. Loose ends, unraveling.
edit on 315411America/ChicagoThu, 19 May 2016 23:54:33 -050031pm31139America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join