It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

a reply to: chiefsmom
Yeah no way a suction cup will hold my fat girl

...This was her watching people pull in the driveway Saturday! LOL

Whoa Jessie!
Are you sure that's not a Panther??? LOL

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LOL, your right it could be a panther.

Martin75, what does your kitty eat?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

LOL, your right it could be a panther.

Martin75, what does your kitty eat?

I'm guessing dogs Q

She's a beauty but holy cow she's big

Cody

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Lol about the kitty.
My friends told me you went thru a lot in the IDF as they did. They would not give details. My one friend told me it was a life changer!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi Gang! I go off duty of Gaurdian for a short while and this place dropped over the ledge!
Too bad that some misunderstandings can get so easily overdone...

I hope everyone now uderstands how We should act in here. I too am most likely guilty of going overboard with some posts/comments. For that I do apologize. Truly sorry to have contributed to over the line posts.
I will watch Myself better for now on.

I am only Human and as such do make mistakes. I can admit that, and move on to continue revelling in the company of all of You wonderful Souls...

Thank You ALL for being You!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'm afraid for obvious reasons I can't discuss anything on a public forum that isn't already in print. Suffice to say it really changed my life.

More than that it changed my whole outlook on life

Yeah I saw a lot of stuff nobody should see, did things that were necessary that I'm not proud of, but I'm alive,and I probably appreciate life more than your average person, one thing I am absolutely sure of.

More people are alive today than would be if we hadn't acted.

And that feels good

Cody

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi nutter

How you doing man ? Yeah we had a few problems, the house has been put back in order

Welcome home

Cody

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Late to the party as usual, or is that fashionably late? The stories were wonderful and the pics and conversations.

Hello Sheddites of the shed!

Martin, I love your kitty!!!!!! Are those Angels or faeries in that pic? I would love to see a pic of them!

I would have to go back and look at Bob's pic, but my first reaction was a bird feeder. Beautiful scenery!

There are so many people I would like to respond to personally, but when I get pages behind, it's difficult.

Just know that I am here and smiling at you all.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Hello Shedlanders.
I had two put my two cents in.
For my friends who's countries use other monetary systems, feel free to exchange the cents for some other practically worthless coin.

Now that I got my attempt at humor out of the way I would like to proceed to the serious point of the post.

I wholeheartedly support and agree with what Gordi posted here:
Original Gordi Post

He articulated much better than i would have done, what I have been thinking.
I've been following The Shed for a couple of years before i joined.
My wife joined a couple of years ago and I've read all the stories and posts and felt like I knew the members here before i ever joined.
Over the last several months (for health reasons) I have been reading Shed entries to my wife so she can keep up with the lives and Shed adventures of her friends.
I haven't done that for her now for several weeks.
Frankly the posts have been too numerous or off color and trivial to spend the time reciting them.

I am at fault for not always responding to everyone's posts.
But i do read them.
When I do respond I see my avatar appearing multiple times on a page.
Now there is nothing wrong with that I suppose,
but I feel like a little me goes a long way. lol

It's just not necessary to respond to every post.
Or fill pages up with random googled images about something they may not even been addressed to you.
I too have stepped back from the Shed recently because of various reasons.

One, I felt that anything i wrote would get buried behind endless pages of "Hey lol"
and "That made spill my drink".
Now these are harmless examples but multiplied a hundred times over literally a hundred pages and the urge to participate begins to diminish.

Two, I regret not mentioning this when it occurred, and I assume it was unintentional, but none the less,
several comments have been made over the days that i found very insulting towards my religious beliefs.
I don't proselytize, but please consider that others have deeply held beliefs possibly different than your own.
I respect yours and try not to challenge or diminish or insult them. Please extend the courtesy to others.

I'm sure i have three and four etc. but I'm tired and don't want to think about it.

Anyway, i love the Shed and I want to see it return to the world of caring and kindness and magic and fantasy that it has been for years.
I try to emphasize quality over quantity in my posts. I'm sure I don't succeed consistently, but i think folks can tell I care and try.
I think that's all we can ask of folks here. To care and try.
I've rambled now longer than usual and far too much.
I'll post this now...and immediately regret it.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In order it is indeed! I only wish that Tiamat, and the other missing would return. I miss Him already, and the others have been gone for far too long! Perhaps some day they will grace Us with their presence!

Oh, To all the new story entries; I LOVE Them!! Nice jobs You Guys/Gals!! Very nice indeed!!

(Working on one now actually...)

BTW: Hello and Welcome Pinnochio!!

Also Hello and Welcome to OneSmartDog!!
edit on 9-5-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

My friend he also told me his outlook on life changed during the years he spent in the IDF. Now I understand why you and my friend would never talk about what happened and that is for the best!
edit on 5 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Hi Erroll. Thank You for that post! I hope that now, We ALL understand how this place should be, and proceed to get back on track, with quality posts, and MORE Story Telling!

I am not religious, in the sense of organized religion. I have NO problem with anyone Who is. That is obviously their perogotive, and their choice, and is important to them, and You!

I say things like, thank the Dragon Godz, etc, meaning no ill intent to ANYONE Here, or on other ATS pages.
I hope I have not offended You in any way reguarding that. If I have,Please accept My apologies for any time I have stepped on Your toes. I know I am heavy being a Dragon, and it probably hurt. I intended No Ills!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sorry friend, it seems like you want the shed to be a jail!

IMHO

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Errollorre!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! Hopefully we will see some more story telling from you soon! I'm glad you have returned.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Sorry friend, it seems like you want the shed to be a jail!

IMHO

He wants what others have been wanting, the old shed magic and respect back.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

You have never offended me.

I'm sorry already i mentioned this. Trust me i have thick skin and it takes a lot (especially on the internet) to get to me.
No this was just ignorance and disrespect.
Probably unintentional but without regard of the fact we don't all think alike.
By the way my religious beliefs are probably the most disorganized you've ever seen. LOL

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'm quite happy to talk about it Q

In private with a person I trust (no offence meant) I have a dear friend in France (I met here on ATS) that went through similar experiences in a different army, after a few (Well more than a few) Scotches you can't shut us up LOL. But always in the privacy of his home.

The girls hate it when we drink and get talking, but if you don't let it out it's gonna get you

Just never on a public forum

Cody

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

She's gorgeous!

Mine is really kind of small. It's amazing how much evil she packs in her small frame.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ok cool that Man! I just wanted to be sure I didn't offend You. I mean no ills towards anyone! I believe to each their own!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Everytime I see your avatar I have to chuckle to myself

You have no idea how much fun I had making that, thanks for asking for it, it's one of my favourites

Cody

edit on 9/5/16 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join