It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 197
<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Thank you guys!

It was a bit much!

P

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Gordi stepped onto the lawns that stretched out behind the beautiful rainbow-coloured shed, gave Sporky a quick "cutlery ruffle" to his head!! and led him down to the pool, by the waterfall on the river, to cool off in the warm morning sunshine.

It had been a long, cold and tiring winter and his ageing body creaked and ached from all of his recent travels and battles.
There were a few more scars to be felt now, and a few more bumps and bruises too, but the battles for now were hopefully over, and the shedlands could enjoy the peace and tranquility that had been so hard won.

A kingfisher flitted across the sparkling water, returning to her nest with a minnow for her young, who nestled in a cosy, moss-lined nest, hidden and protected from the outside world by the tumbling waters of the waterfall.
Sporky tilted his head to the side, like a massive chrome-plated Labrador, as he tracked the pretty birds flight.
Then dipped his head to the water and leisurely pulled a large struggling trout out from its hiding place, flipped it up into the air, and in one graceful and powerful movement BLASTED it with a burst of fire-breath as it fell back towards him and straight into his waiting mouth..."Breakfast was Served"!

Gordi smiled and getly slipped his body down into the cool refreshing waters of the shimmering pool to rest, relax and rejuvinate... sure in the knowledge that their next adventure was but a stones throw away...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Nicely done B!

I do love the way you write... It holds the attention of the reader and draws us in... further and further... deeper...
I'd love to see you write a whole fantasy novel!

That would be a roller-coaster ride indeed.

kindest regards,
BigG

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You sure have a way to build imagery.

Thank you, Kaelci. That's the kind of thing I like to read here with my morning coffee.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
...and yours as well, Gordi. A different style, a different theme, but still eminently readable.

And goodmae to all here!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi Mike,

right back at ya.

Hope all is well with you.

Nice story, Gordi - I must be honest though and say I usually don't read them, sorry. But that one caught my eye.

a reply to: JustMike

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I look forward to seeing this next adventure!
Rejuvenate hurriedly, new experiences (and possible battles!) await! And I thank you for your words, they do mean a lot to me
the perfect encouragement to continue on my journey!

Good morning Mike!
I'm glad that you liked it!

I hope that you (and everyone else here in the Shedlands) has a wonderful day!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Thanks Mike,
The main Shed story (usually in TEAL color) has always been based around our intrepid band of Rainbow Warriors who LIVE in the Rainbow Coloured shed.
We tend to hang out there and lick our wounds until a new adventure springs up and Off we go again!

Most of the main story entries, fit in around that and we weave our stories together when we can.
I love the way that some of our writers also enjoy exploring their own path!
That adds variety, texture, colour and spice! (And brings the mouth-watering prospect of potentially merging completely different storylines in the future where appropriate!)

How are you bearing up chap?
I know things have been difficult, to say the least.

Have you checked in on the Short Story Contest??
I've tried to help bring it to a conclusion... but I haven't had any response in PM's or email yet?
Real Life keeps getting in the way it would seem!

a reply to: 1984hasarrived
- Hi Bob!
No worries re: the story posts!
They can easily get lost among the other posts, and it's very difficult to maintain the flow when the entries are so far apart!!
We are on the brink of starting a new adventure!
And hopefully, with more great story entries and less muddying of the waters, it will be an easier, more pleasureable experience to keep track of!

Cheers!
BigG

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedites!!!! I survived the weekend, barely, and am now back at my desk.

I am just getting caught up but LOVE that I have story entries waiting on me this morning. I will grab my coffee and read a while.

I also need to rescue Martin & friends from the Dark Forest, maybe I should get to working on that.....

Sorry I will work on getting caught up and personalized messages soon.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Thanks B!

Yes Indeed! - Oh, Are you going to join in with us on the next one? That would be Cool too!!

Where shall we go? What should we do? Are there maidens to be rescued? Villains to be foiled?
Or will we just raid the donut factory and live happilly ever after?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

G'day Mike ... hope all is calm in your world ...

šŸ˜Š

That G'day goes to everyone else too !!

šŸ˜šŸ˜Ž
edit on 9-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have to go offline for a while (real-life things), so my apologies that I can't respond to everyone individually right now. Just wanted to quickly offer my thanks for the replies. I've read them all & will catch up with you a bit later today.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Jessie! (**waves**)

Oh, I could use a nice hot coffee just now.
I spent yesterday family shopping!
Then Put up our big family tent to check it out for deterioration from storage over the winter..
...and it was FIne! Like Brand New.

Then, took the boys to the local sports ground in the school, to try out their new basketballs!
Guess who managed to score a free-throw from the spot... whilst facing the wrong way (away from the hoop), by throwing the ball two-handed, blindly over MY head?? LOL Oh Yeah!!! - PS - I haven't played Basketball for about 30 years!! Great fun and my boys Loved It!

But.... I haven't played basketball for 30 years!!! and I'm now all aches and pains!!! (Hence why my story post has me soaking in the cool waters!!! ROFL)

Lovely to see you! (Just Milk in mine please?)
Gx

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I would love to!
I'm working on bringing out my cast of characters at the moment. We have Kaelci the new Magister, Sita the Magister of Old reborn, this little kitten will soon be a regular...... and.... Azothinne. He exists, much to Sita's surprise, but he is not what she expects.

Three mages and an irresistible fluffikins! I'm sure they would love to accompany the other denizens of this realm on their adventures and trials.

I do like the idea of doughnut factory raids.........
hmmmmmm. Ideas, ideas!

I'm off for the night, time to watch a movie or two before bed, and then awaken to my son's 3rd birthday!

Goodnight everyone! And have a wonderful day!
(hehe)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Here ya go hun, with just a wee bit of milk. Sounds like the boys got the best of you yesterday. I suck at basketball, and that may be giving myself too much credit. HAHAHA Getting ready for camping? Sounds like fun! Iā€™m still nursing my head from Saturday night. How in the world did I use to do that back to back!?! Iā€™m so old, LOL

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to "Mini-B" when morning comes!

a reply to: Martin75

Thanks Jessie!
I'm finishing work early today...

I will try and look in a little later when I get home.

Thanks for the drink!
G
edit on 9-5-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add more info

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ah Bless ye lad and good on you. I can only speak for myself, but I had asked the other night about one of the missing members and the only response I got about it was a day later in a pm that wasn't exactly loving I guess we shall say. It was really very disappointing.

Though I have been a tad busier the last few days, I can say I have stepped away a bit too. It is a given you will have pages to catch up on, but when there isn't much substance, and you find yourself skim reading, well it feels more like a chore than a pleasure. I miss the pleasure, and I miss those certain members as well.

Its a shame those members had put a few years into this and building it and have been most welcoming to all, to feel they have to walk away. Doesn't seem right.

I realize I have only been here a short while and probably don't have much of a leg to stand on about all this, but even in print I can feel the dark clouds and that just doesn't sit well with me. I like my rose colored glasses and that is how I choose to try and see the world when at all possible. The Shed had fit that perfectly for me. One little space where things were as it should be...

Ill hush now, but did feel the need to show my appreciation for someone else being on the same page.

Welcome back btw.

edit on 5/9/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Cheers Gordi,

maybe if I folow the story from the beginning I might be able to keep up

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

a reply to: 1984hasarrived
- Hi Bob!
No worries re: the story posts!
They can easily get lost among the other posts, and it's very difficult to maintain the flow when the entries are so far apart!!
We are on the brink of starting a new adventure!
And hopefully, with more great story entries and less muddying of the waters, it will be an easier, more pleasureable experience to keep track of!

Cheers!
BigG

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

We've put far too much effort into building our little corner of ATS to just walked away. We all just needed for everything to calm down. If we appear to be harsh it's because we care. We aren't elitist in here all are welcome. And no one member's words mean any less than another's.

But we do have high standards and one of those is to please leave egos at the door. This is just a general comment and not directed at you.

Hi guys lunchtime nearly over.

Cody

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Get the banner happening bro ...

šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Good morning all! Happy late Mothers Day.

Yesterday, we were on our way to my mothers for a short visit. They live in a little town. We drove past a Baptist church, and I happened to read the sign. Then I told my husband what it said. He thought I read it wrong, so he turned around. He read it. Then I had to get out of the car and snap a pic.

Someone has a sense of humor, or no clue.

new topics

top topics

<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join