It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 5

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM

originally posted by: reldra

...Hi Nite
I realized I had missed too much time here. Gordi sent me a note carried by a falcon, it was very thoughtful of him.

You are most welcome...but... uhm... can I get my falcon back please? LOL

PS - Lovely to see you again, welcome home.

So Nice to see so many story entries in the shed too - YAY!

@errollore - Thanks Tom! and well said.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
Morning all !

The shed has warm glow around it this morning, haven't seen that for a while.

Almost like a fresh clear Spring morn.

* Deep breaths.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
Since the chickens kept getting into their water bowl to cool off their feet, I thought Id give them something better! Lol just did it yesterday, but they are curious today... Baby steps!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
a reply to: WalkInSilence

He is 3 today!
He was due on May the 4th, originally a Star Wars baby. May the Fourth Be With You!
but he decided to arrive on the 10th instead. Born during a solar eclipse, hehe.

He's let me help a little bit!! But he seems to be learning it pretty quickly. He's been running around taking photos of everything and then decorating the photos with stars and lovehearts and then takes selfies with us, haha! Oh no! He's a teenager already! LOL. I put a few learning games on it yesterday, but he seems mainly interested in the birthday game today where he counts presents, blows out candles, and there's balloons and a picnic and virtual cake eating.

And he's very impatient to get to eating his real life cake... not yet! too early! hehe!

As for the view - I live in my imagination... but the day I look out the window and see a castle floating in the sky is the day I know I've officially left the real world!... Not entirely a bad thing
I prefer my imagination (and the Shedlands) to real life. A marvelous escape!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
Forgot to add, this little beauty has just started showing up in the last couple days. Finally had time to grab the camera tonight and get a shot

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:13 PM
Welcome to Newcomers
Please pardon me not being more personnel.

Bear Update
There are so many more pertinent topics and replies I could deal with but this one is "close to home", I truly dislike clichés, but that is another topic.
Close to home. I have related finding bear scat behind the house.
Well today, raking away below the windows on the front of the house I see a nice large foot print in the sand. Now this isn't a size ten shoe mark or a split toe giant herbivore. It's bear and one more.
Oh well, so what if the poor thing thinks it can find a morsel off the ground.
So I keep raking and by the stone in the drive way, thirty feet from the house, I find an other "Calling Card" that wasn't there when I walked the dogs the night before.

Later I chat with a neighbor who alerts me that a sow with three cubs is in the area.
Three cubs makes for a hungry family, so I will be careful.
I would really like to see them.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
a reply to: kaelci

Nothing like a toddler to make mommas heart all warm and fuzzy eh? I'm happy for you. Had to laugh at the selfies already!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM

Ooooo bear magic. You are in a bit of a catch 22. Now sure I envy you this one or not. Hope you don't have a pet that goes outside, but I'm sure you have enough sense to know what to do about that!

Be careful yes indeed, but keep a camera close too, I would be sitting by the window just waiting for a picture of that family. I hope your neighbors don't do anything stupid

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Quantum12
a reply to: cody599
You mean all cats aren’t that size??? LOL, OK just kidding. She weighs in right under 18Lbs. But she really isn’t THAT overweight! She has a bit of a belly, but she carries it well (isn’t that what you say?LOL)

a reply to: Night Star

These are 2 of my cabinets; a corner curio and one side of a wicker entertainment center. I have angels, mixed in with cats stuck everywhere! Love the newest story!!!

a reply to: chiefsmom
Jasmine is all 18LBs of love! LOL My little one was abused and it VERY stand offish but luckily none are mean.

a reply to: kaelci
Happy Birthday mini-you!!!! And if nothing else you can play with his toys at naptime. HAHA

That was great!!! I love your writing!!!!

a reply to: onehuman
OMG, that video was beautiful!!!

a reply to: reldra
Hey sweetie! How have you been?

a reply to: Skid Mark
Yeah the psycho is back!! And it was awesome as always!! Woohoo for the good guys!

WIS cubs is all I needed to hear. Please be careful!!!!

OK, I am now submitting my book to The Shed editor. Will you please be so kind as to post my replies?
LOL, I feel like I need an editor since my reply is so long!

[[[SHED HUGS]]] Thank you everyone for letting me have my pitty party. I feel much better, plus I have a frozen margarita now….

edit on 5/9/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
a reply to: Martin75
Thanks. I'm glad you like the story. It was fun to write.

That cat you showed earlier reminds me of a brother and sister cat we had named Clark and Lois. They weighed in at 25 pounds each. You could tell when they ran through the house. They thundered through it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:37 PM
a reply to: Skid Mark
When we first moved into our house it took forever before I was used to her coming down the stairs. When she runs down them it actually sounds like a person. Scared me to death a couple of times. The way our downstairs used to be set up the stairs kinda came down behind the recliner. So you would jump up to see who's coming down the stairs when you thought you were alone; and here comes Jasmine. LOL, I can't imagine if you add 7 MORE pounds to that, heck Rosie only weight 7LBs and so many ounces so those cats are my Jasmine PLUS my Rosie!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM

originally posted by: kaelci

May the Fourth Be With You!
but he decided to arrive on the 10th instead. Born during a solar eclipse, hehe.

He will be special because you are special, have no doubt, all the little things you love he will learn to appreciate.

As for the view - I live in my imagination... but the day I look out the window and see a castle floating in the sky is the day I know I've officially left the real world!...

I may be a little "off my rocker", I admit that, but I think the people who survived severe deprivation had to have an escape, a place of beauty and tranquility to go to.
They had to have dreams, that took them out side of their monotone days, as I did at sea, where I live or any where that doesn't offer tranquility.

When I was young I would complain about the lack of beauty, now I imagine it while I do mundane chores and I don't complain any more.
Thank you for writing dear.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
a reply to: Martin75

Here is my bigbone girl Butternut, She actually hit 21 lbs at one point. She is quite the lovebug. Broke my heart to have to leave her in Rhode Island.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
Hi all,

first off, my sincere apologies to anyone who I have upset/offended with any of my posts in The Shed. That was never my intention. I have read the posts made and appreciate that some things I said may have been in appropriate.

I was going to post earlier but wanted to spend a bit of time catching up.

Now, to catch up...

Martin got it spot on - the cat likes to lie up there in the sun (most of the day).

Gordi, it is from my apartment window, but I often do not appreciate it as much as I should at 6AM. More pics to come

Quantum, no it is not a ladder although I see what you mean.

chiefsmom, the suction cups are pretty heavy duty, but the cat is only small so far - one year old.

justmike, yeas, it is only when I see people's reactions here that I realise how lucky I am. Living in a city with that view is not something many people get.

SyxPax, yes I will appreciate it more now as I was taking it for granted.

Night Star, it is for the cat
and she loves it - I will post a pic or three of her in it.

onehuman, *Note to self* Lucky I tidied up the place - do you work for CSI ??

Yes, the top level has a hole in it so that the cat can access both levels, but the cat likes to lie on top. So I put one of her towels on it and used 6 bulldog clips to hold it in place - no more hole
She loves it.

a reply to: martin75
What a beautiful view!!!!!

a reply to: martin75
That does look like a ladder! I think it is a cat seat, not sure though. I know my cats would love one

a reply to: Gordi

That's amazing Bob.
Whereabouts is that?

Nice view, is that ladder the way you exit your house?

a reply to: SkidMark
It looks like a shelving unit, possibly for herbs. I could be wrong.

a reply to: chiefsmom

If that is just suction cupped to the window, I'm wondering how it could hold a cat. Cool idea if it does though.

a reply to: justmike

Quoting this one because that view is just amazing. You are very fortunate to have that to look at every day.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

a reply to: SyxPax
Hi Mike! I agree that is one spectacular view! To be able to enjoy that everyday, is awesome!!

a reply to: Night Star
Hi Mike! Now that I see it again, that isn't a bird feeder. LOL But how would it support a cat? Bob. do you have a bird or lizard or something that sits up there? I love the view!!!!!!!!!

In the spirit of ATS, let us investigate this little curiosity! I say something must be sleeping on it as it looks like it is padded with carpet. What cat wouldn't love that view?

A blow up for closer investigation!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:56 PM

Ahh yes "Bear magic", bear is one of my familiars, so I should pay attention to these findings, I know.
But life flows by so fast, I hardly have time to surface. Perhaps I should slow down.
The people around here are very protective of the wild animals and wouldn't do any thing to endanger them or them selves.
Do you work with natural magic?

I loved your "Scarf" caption, it was so very alive.
That is how the wind plays with the air. A contradiction I know.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
Did someone post cats ?!

Happy birthday to your son kaelci!

Skid great writing

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

Looks like that cat had a bit too much catnip.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
I am so happy to hear your neighbors are protective of the wildlife. So many out there aren't.

I agree you should pay attention to this magic that has arrived in your space.

Invite me
Into the cave
Where silence surrounds
The answers you gave."
(Medicine Cards)

The key to Bear Magic, Introspection

It is time for you to enter your dream lodge and consider alternative pathways that will lead you too your goals.

Yes, you could say my alter is of Mother Nature and all her magical wonders. So many signs if one pays attention. It probably also explains why after only being in my own personal shed home for such a short time, that I am already surrounded by many many of Mother Natures creatures with more appearing everyday. And, I love every bit of it

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:40 PM
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Love the new dress you are sporting tonight! I hope that cold you had a bit ago has passed and you are feeling better now?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:44 PM
All this talk of bears ...

I was going to put this in the funny pics. thread
but decided that the kewtz would be appreciated here.

new topics

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>