It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 5

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: cody599

She is a breath of fresh air Cody.

I might do a bit of writing so I don't get too rusty.

I can take a hint

I have a couple of emails I really need to reply to, but tonight is wind down time.

We were woken this morning about 2am by a person using our for sale sign post to break down a front door, he was convinced his wife was sleeping with another man.

Obviously we had no idea who was bashing in doors so we called the police, of course I had to go check. It was my neighbour

He's a really nice guy (massive but a teddy bear) and when when I saw it was Paul I knew he wouldn't hurt me, so I just spent some time talking him down until the police turned up.

Mother and kids are fine

But obviously I'm on a long day here

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:05 PM

Keep it simple, let's keep it clean,
In the middle, we have dirt,
Outside of life, we have to run,
Sometimes, we have too much fun,
Being human, makes us neat,
As a Lizzard, let's scrub out feet,
Washing words with soap, makes me want to rinse my throat,
Seeing things your way, made me cry,
You saw it my way, made you lie,

Let's be friends and make amends,

I too am sorry for writing silly things!

edit on 5 9 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:05 PM
This struck me as so Shed Like I had to share it here. I'm guessing it wont be everyone's cup of tea, but hopefully some of you feel what I mean by it being Shed like, not to mention just the beauty of it.
So nice to be feeling peaceful again.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:13 PM
Continued from page 151

Garren the forest boy and Jojopo the goblin marveled at the shed kitchen. The faeries and pixies made them a feast fit for a King. Pesky sat on the windowsill sipping tea from a tiny flower. "So where is everyone? This place used to be hopping with people and critters. Maybe something happened to them! Maybe we should go back and try to find them!" Her words spilled forth in quick succession. Night smiled. "They are fine Pesky. They are near. I can sense them."

"It's a wondrous place you have here Night, but like Hugo that winged wildcat beast, I cannot stay for long. I must have adventure and to roam and be free." Night placed her coffee cup down on the round glass table and leaned back in the large padded wicker chair. "My new friend, I can assure you that many adventures await us here, but you may leave at any time."

Garren's blond curls gleamed in the sunlight that streamed from the large windows surrounding the spacious room. "Jojopo, I am of the forest and have always lived in harmony with the flora and fauna and the many strange and beautiful beings there. I too must roam. Perhaps I should join you...that is if you don't mind of course." The goblin paused for a moment. "Well, I suppose being here a while may be an adventure in itself. It couldn't hurt to stay a while. We have plenty of time to leave if that is what we wish."

Night Star stared out of the crystal clear glass and watched as the hummingbirds danced about the flowers with the faeries. Some of the faeries splashed in the decorative marble water fountain as other birds bathed and preened their colorful wings. In the distance stood a white stag, tall and proud observing his surroundings. The scent of honeysuckle and roses wafted through the air. The elf delighted in the sun's warmth and light and sighed with relief. She was home where it was safe and comfortable and beautiful once again.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
Big squishys to all! I have had an allergy/sinus thing going on and was trying to limit my time looking at a screen. Lots to do in Balenor, too, where Reldra is a great Archer, working on new 'class advancement titles' (grumbles at the game for putting me through that).

onehuman, that video is just beautiful!

*going to get some coffee and kahlua..maybe see if there is any mimosa left in a pitcher, and I will sit on my chaise lounge and read what I missed

Those tiny pillows are for little dragons or ferrets or cats.
edit on 9-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
Oh I didn't know you were writing too Syx! Awesome!

Kim, that video was beautiful! Thanks for sharing that!

Cody, good thing you knew that guy and was able to talk to him and calm him until the police arrived.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
a reply to: reldra

Hello reldra! Loved the pic!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:27 PM

originally posted by: Night Star

Hello reldra! Loved the pic!

Hi Nite
I realized I had missed too much time here. Gordi sent me a note carried by a falcon, it was very thoughtful of him.
edit on 9-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM

So glad that he did! I enjoy having you here!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM

Skid Mark the Psycho clown and Sam settled into their new lives as best they could. At first it was difficult to explain the talking dog but the two friends made it a part of their act. The duo played a trick on the audience by making them think it was all ventriloquism. The children loved it. All in all, they enjoyed themselves and often kept in contact with their friends back in Accasia by use of the mirror in Skid Mark's room. Life was great. That changed when Skid Mark was called to do a show for little Billy.

Skid Mark knocked on the door of the little white house expecting a smiling face to answer. Instead, a little boy with haunted eyes opened the door. The dark eyes widened in horror when he saw the clown with the enormous blue hair standing on his porch. He backed up and uttered a silent scream.

"What's the matter, kid? You don't like clowns?" Skid Mark asked.

Billy's head whipped side to side as he backed further into the house. Skid Mark followed him. "What, are you scared of clowns?" Skid Mark followed the boy inside and frowned when the boy nodded. He looked around, expecting to see part decorations and other children. Instead, he saw a mess of empty bottles and holes punched in walls. An image came to Skid Mark's mind and he didn't like it.

"There you are. It's about time," a gruff voice said.

Skid Mark turned and saw a heavy set man with rumpled clothes sitting in an easy chair. Anger at what he'd seen made him more brash than usual. "You called a clown for a kid that's terrified of them? Is this some kind of sick joke?"

The man heaved himself out of his chair and swaggered to Skid Mark. "Yeah, what of it? The boy has to learn to be a man, not a snot nosed baby. I called you for a show, not comments on my parenting. Now get to it."

Skid Mark and Sam launched into their act. Before long, Billy forgot his fear and laughed and applauded at their antics. Billy's Dad passed out halfway through the show. Skid Mark did his best to keep the boy from noticing. He continued his act as usual and at the end of it asked the boy if he could have something to drink.

"Yeah, sure. The kitchen's in here," Billy said and led Skid Mark and Sam down a dim hallway.

While Billy fetched a glass, Skid Mark sneaked looks in the cupboards and the refrigerator. What he saw angered him further. There was hardly any food. Alcohol and spoiled leftovers took up most of the space in the fridge. He shook his head in disgust.

"Here you go, mister," Billy said and handed the glass to Skid Mark and put down a bowl of water for Sam.

"Thanks, kid." Skid Mark saw a fresh bruise on the boy's arm. He did his best to keep his voice even when he said, "Hey, buddy, what happened to your arm?"

"I can't say," the boy said.

"Come on, you can tell me. It's okay," Sam, who had also noticed the bruise and state of the house, said.

"My dad did it. I dropped a glass. It was an accident."

"Does he do it a lot?"

Billy hesitated then said, "He wasn't always so mean. Mommy got sick and died. Daddy lost his job and started drinking a lot. I just wish he would go back to he used to be."

Skid Mark had the beginnings of a plan. He said, "I'll see what I can do. Don't you worry. Everything's going to be fine."

Skid Mark and Sam left not long after. He contacted Dougie and Trix through the mirror when he got home and told them what he had in mind.

"Sure, we'd be happy to help," Dougie said.

"Now, remember, I don't want him hurt. I just want to teach him a lesson," Skid Mark said.

"You just leave that to us," Trix said. "All you have to do is bring him here. Your remember the word, right?"

Skid Mark nodded. They'd told him a word to use if he ever wanted to open a doorway to their world.

That night, Skid Mark and Sam crept into the dingy white house where Billy lived. The lights were out and everyone was in bed. Skid Mark heard snoring coming from what he guessed was Billy's dad's room. He tiptoed into the kitchen and began pulling packages of food out of his pockets. Soon, the fridge and cupboards were stocked with food. With that done, he went on to the next part of his plan.

He and Sam crept down to Billy's dad's room. Skid Mark eased the door open and slipped inside. Billy's dad lay sprawled on his back in a tangle of sheets. Skid Mark stood over him, scowling. He pulled a length of rope out of his pocket and began to work. Billy's dad woke up halfway through. A good whack on the head settled him down long enough for Skid Mark to hog tie him. He hefted Billy's dad up and shook him.

"There you are, you no good piece of dirt," Skid Mark said when Billy's dad opened his eyes. "I'll teach you to beat on a little kid."

"What? What?" Billy's dad said, confused. "Hey! You're that clown from earlier. What's this? What are you doing to me? When I get out of this I'm going to make you wish you were never born, you blue haired frea-" He never got a chance to finish the sentence. Skid Mark said the word and shoved the bound man through the portal.

He came flying back through some minutes later. Time passes differently on the other side. For Skid Mark, it had only been a few minutes. For the other man, it had been months. His hair was in disarray and lines of fear etched his face. He looked around at the room wildly, unable to comprehend that he was back in his own home. He saw Skid Mark and backed to the wall and huddled there begging for mercy.

Skid Mark slapped him across the face to get his attention. "Now, then. I hope you learned your lesson. You better treat that boy right. I'll be watching. If I see so much as a scratch on him I'm going to come back here and it'll be worse. You get me?"

"Ye- Yes." Billy's dad gulped. "I'll stop drinking. I'll be good to him from now on. Please, just please don't do that again."

"See that you do," Skid Mark said. He and Sam left the house and went home.

Skid Mark kept his promise and checked in from time to time, all without either Billy or his dad knowing. Billy's dad quit drinking and got a job. He was kinder to the boy than he had been in years. Sometimes mysterious packages containing gifts and money showed up on the doorstep. Billy's dad tried not to think of where they came from and always gave them to the smiling boy. Billy grew up to be a fine young man and was able to go off to college. Sometimes he dreamed of a blue haired clown with a talking dog and a magical land where dragons, elves, pixies, and other mythical creatures lived. He wrote these dreams down soon had a book full of the adventures he'd had in his dreams.

Skid Mark and Sam watched all this from the mirror and were happy. Skid Mark might be a psycho clown but there was no way he'd stand by and let a kid be hurt.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:49 PM
a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM

Oh my, that was so moving. I felt like I was there it was so real.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM

That Was Great! I hope the Billy ends up in Shed land eventually! I love when the bad guys get their just dues.

Good job SkidMark

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM

Wonderful writing... it brought a tear to my eye! But then I'm pretty emotional today and anything will set me off haha. Thank you for sharing!

a reply to: Night

It sounds as though your companions long for adventure
I wonder what they shall find!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
a reply to: Quantum12
a reply to: onehuman

Thank you! * Takes a bow* I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
a reply to: kaelci
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I read how your son thinks he's a Jedi. You should have a little fun with him by tying fishing line to stuff and pulling them when he tries to use the Force.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:03 PM
a reply to: kaelci

Happy Birthday to your son

Did he let you help him with the leap frog thingy? And I may have missed it, but how old is the wee thing?

You mentioned the view you envied.
I came to the conclusion many years ago that I can see what ever I want out side my window. At sea it was a practical ability. After weeks of looking at grey horizons, I could imagine castles, treasure islands, and most importantly the dear faces of those so far away.
Where I live now I see mountains, waterfalls and vast prairies with bison and mustang.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
Skid, that was great!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Kaelci, Night and her little friends long for adventure and will find it eventually.

I have to get outside for a bit. So beautiful out there with the sun shining and birds singing. Be back later my Loves!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
a reply to: Night Star
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
a reply to: Martin75

Great story!
So glad you finally escaped.
Gail wanted us to go rescue you but i had faith you'd come up with something very creative!

new topics

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>