It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: Metallicus

Ha, add a minus sign before my IQ just to be on the safe side and probably more accurate, anyway the title of your thread made me think of this episode from red dwarf were Rimmer the hologram had spliced his own program with part's of other program's to try to be clever for once.

Have not noticed but as a side observation if they are bragging about there IQ there lives must be pretty shallow and boring, also typically speaking the highest IQ people (Genius) tend to have a counter balancing problem such as Asperger's or mild Autism, not always the case but damn near enough of the time for it to stand out as a general rule of thumb and usually this shows up in there personality trait's, forgetfulness or simply poor social skill's (even if they think they are the bee's knee's) so I should not be too bothered, it also does not make them correct either.

edit on 22-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Math is a strong point in higher intelligence. There are those who score high spatially. They are good at puzzles, visual challenges reading comprehension that sort. IQ tests usually measure these separately. You can score higher in any portion of the test. My son scored higher in math. I test higher spatially.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spookytraction

She was being a class A....mother in law LOL.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't understand the apparent obsession some folk have with IQ levels? Never taken the test myself, and don't imagine I ever will.

In my life I have succeeded at everything I have wanted to succeed in. From education to professional life and hobbies I am capable of learning and mastering anything, most people are in my experience.
Okay, some skills/subjects I have of course found more of an effort to master than other people, but equally other people have found some to be more challenging to learn than I have.

IQ test results, meh, I bet you could take pretty much any illiterate person, and given enough teaching time and experience of the test questions, could develop their results to equal 'the best' who proclaim it as a badge of honour.

I guess if it makes people feel better about themselves then good luck to them, but an average human with basic learning capabilities can achieve high IQ results if they spend enough time that they personally need practising the particular puzzles and questions.
Most people however concentrate on skills that directly affect their achievements in life. I certainly don't see how practising IQ test questions would in any way improve my success in life, but please do explain why I am wrong if anyone thinks differently.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

My IQ is not impressive.

WHAT I do with my IQ, is.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
was this just a way for you to slip in your IQ ?

lol

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I barely graduated high school. Have been to two different colleges and flunked out and three tech schools and never finished them. Took home study courses and finished all of them at my own pace, which was 1/5th to 1/10th the allotted time. All during school I was hounded by the guidance counselor because I was told I had a high IQ and finished the SAT with a score of over 1400. She wanted me to take college preparatory and "weighted" classes because of the high scores. I had other plans of just getting the hell out of high school.

I am happy the way things turned out, so far...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It's EQ that matters.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I always found Alan Watt's musings on the matter interesting:

"Already the human computer is widely displaced by mechanical and electrical computers of far greater speed and efficiency. If, then, man’s principal asset and value is his brain and his ability to calculate, he will become an unsaleable commodity in an era when the mechanical operation of reasoning can be done more effectively by machines."

Taken from "The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety"

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

My reply to your rant is this...I wish that my weight was my IQ
and my IQ was my weight!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I invented a better IQ system:

0 = Not thinking
1 = Thinking

So you are either a 0 or a 1.
Should be simple enough.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Also, said IQ tells nothing about the emotional intelligence (EI).

Intelligence and wisdom are not the same either, I'd strive for the latter instead. Was it wise to share your IQ as if it meant something? Given this thread it obviously wasn't.

No! Yes! D'oh!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The problem with the IQ system are plentiful

First, people do post about how they "only have" an IQ of (whatever high number) as an extreme humblebrag.

Second, most of the people touting an IQ number seem to be taking bogus online tests (as mentioned on page 1)

Third, and most annoying, I truly think that most people lie about their IQ number. Invariably, if you start a thread on IQ, you'll find an astounding statistical deviation where the top of the curve is suddenly over the 140 mark. There are many problems with this.

People DO lie about IQ all the time because they put their hopes and dreams into the hands of others by bragging about IQ in effort to receive as much attention as possible. If you look at the top 2$ on say, the WAIS, it means just that. The top 2% of IQ scores are earned by the top 2% of people. So then you start an IQ thread and all 100 people who respond are 135 and above. That is AMAZING! It's also utter bull crap and I truly don't mind saying so.

No...I do not believe most people who post on IQ threads.

Another issue is that if a person IS telling the truth, you have to know what test they are taking. Your raw score on the Cattell or W-J is not the same raw that you will get on the typical WAIS test. So the scores are relatively meaningless when you try to compare one battery to another

I don't understand all the need for the self-congratulatory BS that comes with IQ.

I do agree with the last line. IQ means nothing to productivity, occupational efficiency and efficacy

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As a person with a high genius level IQ, I would not wish this curse upon anyone. Most importantly I don't sleep hence the sig.

I loath social interaction. Communication with others is a strain on my mind. You want to sound cool and normal, you end up sounding like a know it all dick. Then there are some that can relate to your thought process and all they want to do is ask for your opinion all the time. Also when I speak to people I analyze myself and draw conclusions of how the person Im speaking to portrays my interaction with them. Its like having a third person sitting in and watching the conversation analyzing everything and jotting mental notes like a psychiatrist, I can't turn it off.

I have no will to succeed. One thing I've noticed is the level of achievement one has reached is directly proportional to the degredation of character one must sink to in order to succeed. In other words I don't want to # on people for personal gain. I also don't want to be hunted for the knowledge I possess. I've already had my ideas mass produced for profit. Those level boards? I designed those in solid works back in 2012 as a senior project. Strangly enough the creator is related to my college professor.

I long to be oblivious to many of the things most people are. I am a true empath, I can connect with people on an emotional level and when it is genuine it is amazing. But I am also a human lie detector. I don't know when or how I developed this "talent" but I know when people lie and often catch people in lies all the time. Imagine having to listen to your boss tell you a lie from beginning to end and you have to nod your head and smile the entire time. And everyone does it. Verbal contradictions and body cues I wish I couldn't see.

My general persona is a lonly sad person. I am shorter than average (short people are discriminated upon) and have to dial up my personality to meet social norm requirements. It takes a lot out of me to just pretend to be normal.
My best friend is a normy and in more ways than a few I wish I was more like him. He smiles and laughs all the time for no good reason. People gravitate towards him because of his positive energy. I wish I had his presence but at this point I just know too much to smile for no gotdamnned reason. Such joy in ignorance.

I could remove one of the worlds greatest issues in sustainability, but have come to the conclusion that it is too much of a risk to allow the rest of humanity the ability to manipulate such a primitive yet powerful means of undiscovered technology, not to mention the fact that I'd probably be murdered. I can guarantee you I am on that list of people whom are periodically checked up on by the government.

It seems to me those with an IQ of 115-125 are the most successful in life. They are happy and achieve enough to live their life accordingly. They are the most active, and don't take life for granted. I'd trade my high IQ for that level of peace in ambiguity.

Some cool things I do that serve no purpose.

Finish sentences in a different language, then struggle to find the word equivalent in the initial language.

Pick up an instrument and play it fluently inside of a month.

Become an instant cheater/troll/hack at any MMO by just playing the game.

Get targeted by the NSA because of my google search habits.

I can tell you whats wrong with your car within 15 minutes of analyzing it, less if it runs.

I am methodical behind the wheel of any sports saloon, enough to garner respect on the track and get in trouble off it.

I learn languages that no one actually speaks. My favorite is latin. But I've become fluent in the fictional language of the tree crew in the 100.

I went to a psychiatrist once, she told me to stop reading her mind so she could help me. I am left alone to deal with my inner turmoils.

I hope you normy's know how lucky you are. But my guess is that if you know of and interact on this site you are not a normal individual.

Oh, &

YOUR IQ ARE BELONG TO US.

/b cuz lulz

edit on 22-4-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: teh lulz & grammar nazi's

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Lol, please tell me you get that reference. If not, Google "all your base are belong to us" and watch the video. Pure gold.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Sourcery because: Grammar, damn iPhone.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wanted to give you some cheese to go with your incessant whining - but the add picture feature isn't working - Hooray for ATS -
edit on 22-4-2016 by WonOunce because: Cant post picture -

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

Yes, I went and starred it because it gave me a good chuckle, a blast from the past if you will.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey, I looked up mine (from old SAT) and I'm one in 4300! Nyah nyah nyah!!! So I actually am sssthspecial!

Just kidding. though IQ has substantial correlation with life performance, it's just a correlation and there's plenty more around. Charisma and the ability to 'sell' would be a very satisfying skill and ability.

After all, I learned quantum mechanics before I got a real girlfriend---look what good that got me .

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Indeed, but there is also the potential to change the world..

It is all in how you go about it..

Either by disseminating the plans openly, for all so it cannot be repressed, or by selling to the highest bidder for profit, just to see it hidden away.

I'm sure the world would of been much different had N. Tesla had the internet to post his plans on, rather then just having them in book that were easily enough taken and hidden away.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I think this rant was just so you could post your own IQ

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join