It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Metallicus

Only 140? It's a wonder you people don't sit on the toilet the wrong way around.

Seriously, IQ ratings are really only how well you answer particular puzzles. You can have a high IQ and be quite unintelligent.

I suspect that the Google search engine would fare particularly well in IQ tests.

My wife has a 130 and she always puts the toilet paper on the roller backwards.

Obviously you are spot on.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This IQ test is primarily a verbal or I.Q. test containing elements of spatial reasoning. Your raw IQ score will be scaled and applied to the standard deviation to provide your IQ relative to the normal distribution of intelligence scores for this IQ testing assessment. It has content validity.

Spatial reasoning is a category of reasoning skills that refers to the capacity to think about objects in three dimensions and to draw conclusions about those objects from limited information.

Meh...

IQs are also a terrible measure of success and common sense.

So true

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Of course one of the coolest things to do with a one hundred forty iq is to announce it, but as not so much and then play the humble card. It's a great hero maker that one.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
All these 140's being thrown around. Me thinks people have been taking bogus internet tests.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I remember riding the bus home and heard two brothers talking about their IQ scores bragging they got over 100.. Lol one was 106 and other 110? Something around that.

Best lesson I could have ever had in bragging about intelligence. While IQ may show an ability to learn fast it doesn't say much more than that. Bringing it up us akin to saying "I'm right you're wrong." And we're back to first grade at that point..

Online discussions are great places to learn new things and having a high IQ can help facilitate that new learning. Why stunt your growth by saying you know better?

Anyway I stick to arguing the subject, not who has better eyes to see.

My favorite quality about myself is that I care about other people. I used to care about intelligence most, but it was a shallow path. Two heads are better than one. Honestly no matter how smart you are ATS is smarter, so let's play our parts, together..

You've tempted my male ego but I'll pass lol.

A reply to: Metallicus

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Congratulation on your 140+ IQ

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Anyway, IQs are also a terrible measure of success and common sense.

I know right. Einstein was such an incoherent failure with his measly 160+.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Intelligence Quotient means absolutely nothing if a person does not know what to do with it. You could have an IQ of 380 and be a box o rocks.There is a thing called wisdom that must walk hand in hand with intelligence for it to work
Peace....

edit on 4/22/16 by Gothmog because: less strong

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The "IQ" is a number. One number. Which shall include all of your mental capacities, your brainpower in all areas.

Which, if you think about it, and remember what you can do fine and what you can't do very good, is a harsh simplification.

One number.

And that is all there is to your brain?

Nope. I don't believe in IQs.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Funny thing about IQ scores. Whenever someone brags about theirs, mine is always a few points higher.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SocietyIsRotten

Berating is not the modern way of motivating someone to learn; maybe in the 1800's with a "clip over the back of the head" era

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
132 IQ, 695 credit score and I wear Magnum sized condoms.

But I wear glasses and have crooked teeth.

But I could fix those with surgery, what you've got is permanent.

So what you are trying to say is you dislike bragging?
edit on 22-4-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I don't seem to understand the big deal about intelligence, does it make you a better person? Not quite.

I like what Jacque Fresco said about people with better brains than others, "if you are born in a fascist country, you become fascist faster".

Sorry for not being impressed with intelligence. Let alone there's no correlation between intelligence and critical thinking. I am impressed with honesty, good-will, humility. Those are the traits humans are lacking, not intelligence.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

There is high intelligence and then there is high emotional intelligence I would rather be the latter with a decent dose of the former.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Nope. I don't believe in IQs.

Nor do i, it is clearly a conspiracy ....that mine is so damn low

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I am probably dumber that a box o brick,but that's Ok, I can walk and chew gum at the same time..

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Mine is much higher than that. The only time I referred to it was in a post where someone ranted that 'if only one could have his 140 IQ for a day' they would understand the world or something.

IQ is like a computer. It, first and foremost, tells how much space you have for storage. Once you run out of storage, some things get over written. Second, it shows how fast you can learn something and how much you retain during learning.

There are also different types of learning associated with IQ. For example, if I listen to a speech I can remember most of it, word for word. If I read a book, I will not be able to say each page word for word, but I will remember a singular sentence and be able to comment on where it appears in the book.

In an office setting I was able to memorize every list and memo. That helped. I worked for Harlequin Romance as 'Special projects Coordinator'. Not my choicee of literature (though I liked a couple of authors), but I was able to memorize author book lists, titles of books in series or trilogies. Cross series books. Which Harlequin series created what book, there are about 500, thousands of series, trilogies, sequels. Beyond that, Halrequin owned 'Learning adventures', 'Special Moments' , 'creativity kits' and a gardening monthly box. These were, as you can guess, monthly boxes - one for children (4 levels), one of bath and beauty products and one for smnall gardening. I was in charge of making lists for all of these. Amd the lists were all different, depending on when a customer started receiving the boxes. I also supervised the fledgeling internet site for Harlequin and supervised those customer service representatives. I tested each one.

I had to produce the lists, provide them to various departments and exeutives.

I also worked myself out of my own job. Harlequin bought a CRM program to cover up the old mainframe computer system. They hired IBM reps to teach some of us. I went to Toronto to learn the new system and make suggestions. I then trained customer service reps how to use it.

So, IQ is more about storage and speed, like a computer. It does not particularly, make one smart in other areas.

edit on 22-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
A high IQ is all fine in dandy, as a high IQ shows your good at certain things.
Just like having a gift for languages, or a gift in general.

IQ, like any other gift, is only effective when used in the particular area they are applied to.

IQ measures part of the cognitive functions of the brain, and it's not the end-all-be-all of your brain-power.

A good link on IQ, from Yale is Here.

Talks about Bush Jr. He has an IQ of 120. The highest IQ, was a guy who spoke a whole bunch of languages, I think they said he was ESTIMATED to have an IQ of 300. While Stephen Hawking's IQ is only around 160.

Here is a list of the Top 10 people with the highest IQs.

IQ, or what I like to consider "Resonable Logical analytical problem solving skills", is only a partial tool in a big bucket of mental facilities. Just like having big boobs, or a nice sized sword, and a high IQ, they are only good for certain things.

Much like any skill, if you focus on one thing, and count on it to carry you, your lost. Best to cultivate many mental skills, for you never know when your going to need what, and ego is one I would suggest working on squashing every chance you can to keep it small.

And no, my IQ# is irrelevent, no I'm not telling. I like to be underestimated, 'cuz it's fun to surprise people.

-Cyg

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Nicely stated!

Tho it is no fun working one self out of their job, being too good at it.

Funny, I keep forgetting the brain = computer thing, must be because I work on them so much, and they are only as smart as the person using them..

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

I've known people like your friend, and chalk it up to the difference between being "smart"and being " intelligent". There are those with the perfect combo of smarts AND intelligence. I figure I'm more intelligent than smart, because I too can be dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to seemingly oh so simple things. And In all honesty, if I had my druthers, I'd druther be just plain ole smart! I think I'd keep my tail feathers out of trouble more that way!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join