It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: reldra

Nicely stated!

Tho it is no fun working one self out of their job, being too good at it.

Funny, I keep forgetting the brain = computer thing, must be because I work on them so much, and they are only as smart as the person using them..

Correct. A brain is very much like a computer. It does depend on who houses the brain, though. There have been high IQ people who are evil and who are just lazy.

In regard to the title of this thread, 140 is not bad at all. It would give one a really good chance at sucess in life, if they work at it. Just posessing it though, is not enough, The people that have posted on here stating that they have a 140 IQ -- I can often tell they have not utilized it. I will give the benefit of the doubt that they were tested. But, what they type, often shows they made no effort to 'fill the hard drive'.

If one has an above average IQ or a high IQ, normally do not feel the need to note the number.

edit on 22-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Two heads are better than one. Honestly no matter how smart you are ATS is smarter

You have swallowed the Borg Collective lie...you have already been assimilated..."ATS is smarter" really?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Reverbs

Two heads are better than one. Honestly no matter how smart you are ATS is smarter

You have swallowed the Borg Collective lie...you have already been assimilated..."ATS is smarter" really?

As a collective, we may me. I mean as in, separate members pooled together. This is a singular place in regard to that.

You contribute to that, actually.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

oh aren't you a special sauce....cough cough

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
From my point of view.

I agree with the op. It is how you use the cognitive ability that matter not the number in itself. Awareness comes in different abilities. A dog can smell many times more than humans and there for know thing humans don't. And the birds can navigate by feeling the energy fields surrounding earth.

I do however not agree with some souls who look down at logical thought and do not want to increase their logical ability to become sharp playing games of relativism of morality (the kind that can be calculated thru the golden rule regardless of faith/view thru awareness).

Let the logic be guide to direct the flow of creative flow and question everything on all levels of being.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
From my point of view.

I agree with the op. It is how you use the cognitive ability that matter not the number in itself. Awareness comes in different abilities. A dog can smell many times more than humans and there for know thing humans don't. And the birds can navigate by feeling the energy fields surrounding earth.

I do however not agree with some souls who look down at logical thought and do not want to increase their logical ability to become sharp playing games of relativism of morality (the kind that can be calculated thru the golden rule regardless of faith/view thru awareness).

Let the logic be guide to direct the flow of creative flow and question everything on all levels of being.

One can always sharpen their cognitive ability. But if they lack the space, speed and retention ability it will not succeed far.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: SpecialSauce

oh aren't you a special sauce....cough cough

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you don't contribute. The 'cough cough' is not a good sign.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Very special
LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot

Anyway, IQs are also a terrible measure of success and common sense.

I know right. Einstein was such an incoherent failure with his measly 160+.

From my point of view he did get entanglement wrong with his left glove right glove idea.

Einstein is a perfect example on how IQ do not mean you are always right in your ideas. Einstein was deep thinker but still could not handle what he found "spooky action at a distance".

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: reldra

Nicely stated!

Tho it is no fun working one self out of their job, being too good at it.

Funny, I keep forgetting the brain = computer thing, must be because I work on them so much, and they are only as smart as the person using them..

Correct. A brain is very much like a computer. It does depend on who houses the brain, though. There have been high IQ people who are evil and who are just lazy.

In regard to the title of this thread, 140 is not bad at all. It would give one a really good chance at sucess in life, if they work at it. Just posessing it though, is not enough, The people that have posted on here stating that they have a 140 IQ -- I can often tell they have not utilized it. I will give the benefit of the doubt that they were tested. But, what they type, often shows they made no effort to 'fill the hard drive'.

If one has an above average IQ or a high IQ, normally do not feel the need to note the number.

Does make me wonder about "Savant syndrome", and their abilities. Science insists they score low on IQ tests, but their abilities are truly profound.

Especially with some of the attention to detail that they possess.

Savant Syndrome

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being slow, some of the best people I ever known were a lill bellow average, by the other hand most of the smart people I know are cunning backstabbers

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Did you need to mention your own IQ to get this point across? This thread just seems like an excuse for you to mention your IQ, the same thing the thread is supposed to be condemning.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

IQ is a subjective, culturally based, biased measure of hypothetical and un-applied intelligence. The practical reality of someone's IQ is as close to meaningless as it could be...except for metaphorical "dick measuring contests" of brain power.

In my experience whenever someone "Whips out" their IQ, it is out of a sense of insecurity.

ps: Can't help but notice that you felt the need to "Whip yours out" in your opening post...

edit on 22-4-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

and u just gave them the attention they always wanted using a flawed number system that means nothing, but at least you got a bunch of stars and flags doing it

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There are some that even have it in their signature line.

Aww, you guys are talking about me :-3

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Lord Krang has arrived!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's about as important as having a nice car.

Sure, your car/iq might be "nice", but that doesn't mean you're a better person, better informed or even smarter.

All it means is you passed a test and got a score.

I knew a guy once who liked to flash about that he had an I.Q. of 147. So smart did this guy think he was that he became the health and safety officer at our place of employment, relished his job.
get's home goes up on a ladder falls off smashes his ribs, knees , ankles and jaw.
un-even surface, leaned out to far, tipped over.
prick gave me two site warnings and a write up for almost similar things on the same day. i sent him a risk assesment in hospital with flowers.
High I.Q. does not = common sense or street smarts. like our friend.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
An IQ is a fine thing to have.....
That and 2.00$ will get you a very small late at Starbunks....

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Was his name Rod Hull?

On-topic > I've been redlining on an IQ of 80 for years which is exactly half of 140. It means most of you guys are at least three or four times smarter. It's kinda cruel to be humble-bragging on your 140 IQs when others would be happy with a modest 100.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've been redlining on an IQ of 80 for years which is exactly half of 140.

isn't 70 more like the half of 140

I cannot trust anything, smart people is out to back stab me..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join