It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

agreed its a guise of eugenics... its basically like calculating space on a dvd rom how much crap can be stuffed on there retained and then the space used to advance other things. Well, any college graduate in the know... knows that its just an expensive piece of paper that says you have the capacity to be educated, that once in the field or office all that paper does is become trash the first day as you then learn all the standards and practices for whatever corporate entity you sign a contract with.

If job duties change from hire? that contract becomes void btw and you can renegotiate and ask for a raise or sue for void of contract... but keeping the head down doing work needed but not asked will throw you up some rungs with a quickness.

Ive got one of those hey youre special IQ stars over 180 skipping the last section entirely for a smoke saying adios... but to me its meaningless as many people are limited from go towards education and opportunity, so why even have a meter to guage by when society is already unequal thats just Occam with his stupid razor slashing blindly dividing up more people.

Oh we can't be people... gotta be a demographic to target for low wage no wage management sexual studies medical experiments and all this other garbage called quantification yeah the greater good to captialize on and control better, there is progress but most of it now is just a detriment to society not a help to it... how many different pain killers or antidepressenats do people need? Oh cant patent and sell the natural ones so well make them illegal and appoint our own drug dealers but oh yeah you need a doctor to tell you you hurt first etc. i mean its a bit exagerrated dontcha think? and by those calling this nonsense intelligent...

especially when we are crapping in our own water supply, drop all these non soluable drugs in it so everyone gets a taste of their own and others "medicine" ok in a rational society that works for of and by the people and not out of a desire of greed and using separatism for hate to keep stacking coffins of capital with all mighty gawd glowing that eye at the top? where would we be? um same place but actually free, but no authority trying to play parents to adults. Like states saying driving is a privy when we paid taxes paving those paid taxes putting up those signs and lights.

lol guess I had a little rant of my own but im not mad just awake to it, and by far not the only one.
edit on 23-4-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sourcery
a reply to: TerryDon79

ALL YOUR IQ ARE BELONG TO US

Hahahahaha, excellent!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Online IQ tests are a joke.

They're great for stroking the ego and your pride though, lol, I got something in the 180's last time I did an online test with 30 questions if I remember correctly, I think it was 183 or 184, ridiculous, I guess the makers of that test never thought about how the reliability of their test would come across if they made it that obvious what they were doing, then again, I guess they figured they could still generate more traffic giving people ridiculously high scores no matter if they notice (pride and their egos winning against common sense, which is fairly common
)

The questions are just fun but before you know it they all start to look familiar. And most don't go higher than around 143-150 if you get all the questions right. Then they'll just say "143 or higher".

A high IQ is no measure of honesty and how much a person cares about what is true and what is not true (and how much other motives such as financial&marketing related and 'tickling people's ears'/telling people what they want to hear, can interfere with what people are stating to the general public, it does increase sales and the attention you're getting, which translates to revenue for some such as Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, Lawrence Krauss, Craig Venter, P.Z. Myers, J.W. Szostak, etc.). Take for example Stephen Hawking:

Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

Now who can notice the blatant logical contradictions in that statement as it is found in his book "The Grand Design"?

Trust me, Stephen Hawking knows better than that, but something else is interfering with his thinking and what he will publish about the subject. How does the universe create anything let alone itself when it doesn't even exist yet to do anything? And what's the law of gravity going to do without gravity itself? And is gravity or the universe..."nothing"?

This is just common sense, yet only one type of people complaining and pointing out the logical contradictions in that statement and a whole bunch of others blindly admiring a person like Stephen Hawking and simply not caring about it, not thinking about why someone with a reputation like Stephen Hawking would publish a book containing such a ridiculous statement and not really be called out on it by his collegues who think like him (or have similar motives for stating similar contradictory things about the word "nothing"). Instead these people get rewards for their supposed accomplishments in the sciences. This is your wake-up call:

Real science, knowledge about realities compared to philosophies and stories

Oh, and Metallicus, don't be such a killjoy for the ones you're talking about in the OP, that's my job (for everyone on ATS).
edit on 23-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have to say that I am not impressed with you creating a page to announce your 140 + IQ. Really? You could not have just responded to that person directly in their post?

I am pretty sure this is just a passive aggressive way to belittle someone while at the same time promoting yourself.

I cannot believe you received even one flag for this.

I guess I should have created my own page for this reply though..huh?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Beginning with the OP this thread reads like one big penis measuring contest. Especially the OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

There are countless examples of people with average IQ that are extremely successful. Einstein didn't just become well known because of his hi IQ, he applied himself using that talent and that’s what man him successful. A started go-kart with a person’s foot on the accelerator will always beat a Lamborghini idle in someone’s garage.

consider this, having a high IQ might make a person avoid risk therefore never achieving anything.......

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The IQ test wasn't created to show how smart you are. It was created to help find out where a person needs more education.

In any event there are different types of intelligence:

Musical–rhythmic and harmonic
Visual–spatial
Verbal–linguistic
Logical–mathematical
Bodily–kinesthetic
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal
Naturalistic

The IQ test you guys refer to only deals with the logical-mathematical/visual-spatial. There are people who are extremely intelligent in other ways, such as in social skills, others in sports/athletics, others in the arts, music, drawing, writing, and there are actually a lot more.

These are actually all gifts, talents we are born with. Everyone is born with a gift they excel at. That is the way the human race was designed. And we are NOT all the same. One person may be able to pick up a guitar and learn to play it easily, and write tunes and sing like no one's business. Another person may be a natural a hitting a ball out of the ball park.

In fact it is my view that the other types of intelligence are much more important than the mathematical-logical one everyone is always bragging about.
edit on 23-4-2016 by LifeisGrand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Of course one of the coolest things to do with a one hundred forty iq is to announce it, but as not so much and then play the humble card. It's a great hero maker that one.

shhh, don't give the game away. Let everyone have their fun. Let's make it a brag about your high online IQ-score and then diss its value or merit to determining a person's intelligence (kind of thread). Let's see who can hide their inability to resist bragging about it the best.

Free IQ Test - 20 questions - maximum score = 144
FREE IQ Test - FunEducation - 43 questions

The last one you can fill in some fake info when asked for your e-mail adress and still get your score.

These are my favorite types of questions:

11. If all Bloops are Razzies and all Razzies are Lazzies, all Bloops are definitely Lazzies?

It reminds me of the 'similarity = evolutionary ancestral relation' argument in use by evolutionary philosophers and their fans+students. Except the above one is ... as opposed to the 'similarity'-argument being ...

Fact vs fiction, I love it!

Perhaps I should clarify what I mentioned above:

If some "similarities" are "indicative of a biological ancestral relation" and some "similarities" are "indicative of a designer making common design choices and re-using functional patterns", then all "similarities" in living organisms are "indicative of a biological ancestral relation"? (or whichever one you cherry-pick to talk about and use as 'evidence' for the claim that it's "indicative of a biological ancestral relation"?)

True or False?

The question is of a slightly different type cause I had to add "in living organisms" for clarity regarding this particular argument I mentioned. But the type of logic required to give the correct answer is the same. Of course the real argument changes it up and hides the assumption by merely cherry-picking the similarities they want to use as evidence for an evolutionary biological ancestral relation, so they don't have to remind people that by doing so (and calling it a fact or presenting it as "science") in essence they are arguing for all similarities (otherwise it's not as conclusive as they make it out to be, the similarities may have another explanation or possible conclusion if the logic doesn't work consistently for all similarities in living organisms or if you don't have another way of telling the difference as to what's going on here, something more conclusive than just pointing to similarities that may have 2 possible causes that the similarity itself doesn't provide enough information about to draw a conclusive/correct/factual conclusion from).

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm highly skeptical of anyone that mentions their IQ. Getting an IQ test online is not a real IQ test.

Anyone claiming to have an IQ over 140 should prove it. Show us, do a timestamp with test results. Only one problem with claiming it is that people with an IQ above 90 aren't going to take your word for it. Apparently people that think they can get away with claiming it are in a quid pro quo situation. Your IQ doesn't matter, you can still be smart and have insights, but it does kinda matter when you lie about it, it messes with your credibility and hopefully shame levels.

I know there are some people here with a very high IQ (none of whom I can see claiming it, they would find it gauche), but pretending it's no big deal to have an IQ over 140 makes me think you have an IQ of about 90.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I've been tested twice, in the last 10 years. Both for job aptitude tests for classes and a career certification god knows what and why....thing. And scored over 140.

If you look at my life though, it's been a mess. I'm nowhere near successful, fulfilled, happy, as I would have had it. I've fought depression almost my whole life. I have to remind myself of things constantly in social situations so I don't come off as an ass if I get into "actually the correct answer is this" mode.

I write like an emotional reactionary sometimes if I get angry or frustrated. And deviate from LOGIC and REASON quite a bit and can go further than many 'dumb' people I've known.

I lose my keys and wallet almost every week. I drive like an idiot. I can't focus sometimes on the smallest things. I'm approaching mid-life and feel like my entire history was for nothing...at the moment. And I have no clue where this 'life' is going.

So yeah, higher than average IQ. The most underrated 'quotient' I can think of.
edit on 379am3003America/Chicago14CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

I work very hard not to allow my IQ to exceed my waist size!
I have done rather well, so far...
Unlike all you IQ hogs!
I guess that it's like 'Charity';
There are only so much resources on Our planet, and 'Charity' demands that we do not take more than our share, of anything! Then there will be no one who has to go 'without'!
If a few of you would like to donate some of your obviously unused IQ points to me...
I don't need 'em.
But thanks, anyway. *__-

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Real IQ Tests are done in a seated position usually with some trained to give said test. You get a pencil, scratch paper, a calculator if applicable and a multiple choice sheet or scan-tron.

You're given minimum allowable time for each segment, and the further you get toward the end the more your brain cracks...and you feel like you're going to pop and lash out at the instructor counting down.

Both times I did mine, I felt like I stretched my brain as far as it could go.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeisGrand
The IQ test wasn't created to show how smart you are. It was created to help find out where a person needs more education.

In any event there are different types of intelligence:

Musical–rhythmic and harmonic
Visual–spatial
Verbal–linguistic
Logical–mathematical
Bodily–kinesthetic
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal
Naturalistic

The IQ test you guys refer to only deals with the logical-mathematical/visual-spatial. There are people who are extremely intelligent in other ways, such as in social skills, others in sports/athletics, others in the arts, music, drawing, writing, and there are actually a lot more.

These are actually all gifts, talents we are born with. Everyone is born with a gift they excel at. That is the way the human race was designed. And we are NOT all the same. One person may be able to pick up a guitar and learn to play it easily, and write tunes and sing like no one's business. Another person may be a natural a hitting a ball out of the ball park.

In fact it is my view that the other types of intelligence are much more important than the mathematical-logical one everyone is always bragging about.

Agreed. I don't think IQ tests actually measure anything 'useful' per se. Aptitude towards certain areas, memory under pressure, cognition, spatial awareness, problem solving...

Okay. Great. Meanwhile I'm broke and unhappy. Yay.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I am probably dumber that a box o brick,but that's Ok, I can walk and chew gum at the same time..

I know where to get these glasses, you don't need the gun:

Here's a big clue as to where to get the glasses (however, it's slightly misleading):

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

I have to say that I am not impressed with you creating a page to announce your 140 + IQ. Really? You could not have just responded to that person directly in their post?

I am pretty sure this is just a passive aggressive way to belittle someone while at the same time promoting yourself.

I cannot believe you received even one flag for this.

I guess I should have created my own page for this reply though..huh?

I must say. The same thought occurred to me. I find it incredibly narcissistic when people announce their IQ on a forum. It's akin to taking a selfy (along with duckface) and then stating matter of fact 'how beautiful am i' in a rhetorical fashion. I am sincerely disappointed that the poster mentioned his own IQ after reprimanding others for doing the same. Still it made me laugh, it reminds me of men measuring their manhood to their neighbours whilst stood at the urinal. If he hadn't announced his own IQ I feel his argument would have been justified.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ooh I loved that flik who was that Ruddy Piper??..

edit on 23-4-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I agree and disagree. My official IQ is 146. Most people usually think I am fairly intelligent when I open up to them, but what really makes me intelligent is not something I usually show people. I originally was tested when I was a child, I spent 3 days doing tests. I took a preliminary test in my elementary school and scored as high as the chart would allow them. So they sent me to Dallas for a formal testing program by Duke. The problem was, i wasn't exactly the typical Genius. I made #ty grades, was average in most things like reading, grammar, and a lot of other subjects, but my spacial ability was flawless. In 3rd grade, I out beat out most college students in the spacial puzzle exams. No one really had a reason to think I as more than just a bit above average before that. My spacial IQ was one of the highest ever recorded. As there are different sections measured. I was doing puzzle tests I had never done before and completing them in a matter of minutes. The testers had never seen anyone finish the puzzles, much less a 3rd grader. I knew the people doing the tests were acting odd, but I really had no clue what was goign on. I just kept goign on with it. I thought it was fun. Math was pretty high as well as logic, but everything else was average or even below average. Mixed together it was a 146. As I have grown into an adult, I have learned that I can use my spacial ability to connect a lot of the dots in many aspects of my life. I can take non spacial information and find ways to relate it to each other. But does it make me a better writer, or better speller. haha no way. I have some abilities that are out of this world, but everything else is fairly normal. I have noticed the same thing in many of my friends. I have one friend who is one of the least intelligent humans I have met. The guy probably has an test IQ of about 90. He reminds me of Jim Carey in "the Cable Guy", but he has some sort of ability to be one the the most incredible artists I have ever seen. And he is becoming quite famous for his art. It was a natural gift. He can sit down with a few buckets of paint and just out of no where make the most realistic, emotional mural from memory. It will be a person I recognize and it will be flawless. Unfortunately there really is no measure for his ability in the standard IQ test. But I think mot people are built with different mixes of ability. Yes some more than others, but I think people always look at IQ as if its a single bar of intelligence, when it is really dozens of different abilities measured in many different levels. So yes, I have met many people who come off as way more intelligent than me, but in which ways. Its kind of narrow minded to look at IQ as definitive measure one ones intelligence, when it should be divide into many different categories of intelligence. I kind of look at it like athletes. Someone may be the greatest baseball player ever, but god awe full on a basketball court, or a great golfer, but dont expect them to stay withing Usain bolts shadow in a 100m dash. But all would be considered great athletes, just in different ways and forms.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Not only is a 140 IQ unimpressive...it's also damn near pointless unless you actually utilize it.

I'd also like to mention that IQ tests are a pretty unreliable measure of intelligence. The results can be skewed by something as small as the test-takers motivation. Someone who is offered money if they score over a certain threshold will most likely try harder, and therefore score higher, than they typically would if they were not offered material possessions for taking such a test....

These tests assume everyone is trying as hard as possible to score as high as possible...which simply isn't the case.

(I scored 110+ on a BS test I took in highschool just to get out of class. I didn't even read the damn questions...)

A2D

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I don't know if its just another moronic American thing or whether I'm just lucky enough to keep better company, but no-one has ever mentioned their IQ to me in my 28 years of life.

It just seems like people who were too scared to enter a d1ck measuring contest fall back to quoting a number to make themselves feel better.

The OP is desperate for attention, so desperate that they created a thread to tell their IQ to everyone. Despite the fact that most people in here who posted an IQ lied about it, its also really sad to do so.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thehoopsmith512

Just some free advice: use paragraphs and whitespace between paragraphs when you post on-line. Makes it a much easier read.

And to all: again, IQ is just ONE aspect, and within certain limits, it actually does not matter much how high or low it is - it's like an engine: no use if you don't have a purpose for it's power. Like with a car where the size of the wheels and the grip of the tires often plays a more important role than the engine power, in real life your social skills and stamina are often far more important than your IQ.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join