It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 140 IQ Is NOT Impressive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I like it when people do that because I am pretty sure there are a lot of people here who have an IQ in that neighborhood. So when someone comes on here and rants about how smart they are and how dumb others are and throws that sort of number out. I'm sort of like really? You haven't taken much time to study your neighborhood have you?

Look, there are plenty of dumb people in the world, but they are dumb for lots of reasons, and IQ isn't always one of them. In fact, there are people with quite high IQs who do absolutely stupid things.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Metallicus for President!!!!!!

Me-tal! Me-tal! Me-tal!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Mah untellejence quoshunt is eleventy-nine.

HA!! Match dem apples!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

If you take upper division math and physics at college, you will run into a lot of people with IQ's in that range. I imagine the same is true for graduate school. What really gets impressive is the 160-200 range.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My dad was pretty hung up on IQ when he was a young buck. He even applied to Mensa. On the day his card arrived he flourished it proudly under my maternal grandmother's nose.

She smiled ruefully and said, "Intelligence reveals itself through action, those who are truly smart don't need a card to prove it."

He visibly deflated, and then tossed the card into the trash later that afternoon.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You can have an IQ of 220 but, if you don't have any common sense you're not to bright. P.S. I don't know what my IQ is and don't really care.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

OP complains about people discussing their high IQ then proceeds to post his IQ which is in the same range. This is the ultimate derp thread. I'm at a loss and look at all the followers. This is dumbing down of our society. A true intellectual and moral descendency.

Why do the mods let the OP troll all over ATS? This guy is the troll leader here.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just because one goes to school for half their life and gets a piece of paper that says they can do something does not make them smart.

True intelligence comes through wisdom...which in turn comes through experiences.....which is turn comes from unfortunately much pain.

Everyone has some form of intelligence, a yookle can teach me a few things about booger picking, and I can teach him to wipe with one hand instead of both. We all offer something, no matter how batsh*t another sounds when displaying their form of wisdom.

Its all rather subjective and how we perceive the mental status of the individual we converse with.

Yet I do like ego...its the biggest whammy to pounce on.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A counselor ones said I had an above average IQ, for my age, which isn't that surprising or impressive, considering where I live. Someone's IQ can't, like you said, really determine things like common sense precisely, so it really doesn't matter if it's high or low.
edit on 22-4-2016 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: Grammar.

edit on 22-4-2016 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My cousin has a high IQ that he would always fall back on whenever he was losing one of the many arguments he would start...

My uncle, one of the wisest men I have ever known, and a guy of few words typically would usually say something along the lines of:

"Well all know your IQ is 151. You never let anyone forget. It's just too bad you're such an idiot. Seems like a waste really."

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Amazingly true comeback.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It is said we use only 10% of our brain,
If the average IQ is 100,
10 x 100 = 1,000,
Apply rounding to a 140 IQ,
140 = Zero

Equality is a wonderful thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Surely it does as a person with a 125 IQ is far more capable than a person with an IQ of 90. This forum is desperate to disparage education because so few here have one and are probably incapable of earning a serious degree. I would say that of all the forums I've visited this place has the lowest level of writing and reading comprehension. It doesn't surprise me to read all the replies negating IQ as a measurement of intelligence or capability.

You even corrected your post for grammatical purposes, but used ones instead of once ffs. I can't take this forum anymore. It's tragic, sad, and pathetic.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'll just say I'm smarter than you and I don't need a number to prove it.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

You probably are. If you don't need to post your IQ, make racist threads, and brag about your income on a message board then I'd say it's a definite.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I haven't done any of those things. But thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Only someone not anywhere near wood think 140 is unimpressive.
My youngest was graded about 140. My other two were 125 a d 120. Both of those in the superior range.
There's a difference from their first breath. Intelligent infants engage in more Intense eye contact, they observe their environment more intently.
When my youngest was about three my cousin moved about 30 miles away from me. Highway and then back roads with a lot of turns but I had her instructions so we got there fine.The next time we went to visit we didn't take the instructions because well a man was driving and he didn't need directions LOL.
So everything is good on the highway portion but when we get to the back road part he gets lost.
The little guy in the car seat in the back who is three and who has only been to this place once before says turn here daddy. He points because at that age we had not started teaching left and right. So I said go left Keith just to amuse the kid. We do then we're back to a familiar point The kid points to the right ...here daddy. . He got us to her house.
After that we kept noticing his keen attention.
I started teaching him and when he started kindergarten he was doing simple math, geometry, and reading.
Later when he was tested at 140 we knew we'd been witnessing it since he was an infant.

He's also really nice and has nice if weird friends.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Sorry but no. You cannot have a high IQ and not be intelligent. IQ measures intelligence.
You mean you can have a high IQ and lack knowledge.

Mine is 128 high superior.
What's yours?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

That's a fallacy. We use all of our brain.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have never thought that IQ tells the whole story about a person. I have seen people like this, 140+ and I wonder, why did they just cross the street without looking first?? I think REAL intelligence is a combination of things. IQ, common sense, etc.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 22-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join