It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Why do you believe that one sentence when earlier it said

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble."
-Job 9:6

And then there's

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? … Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?"
-Job 38:4-6

And

"The pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and he hath set the world upon them."
-1 Samuel 2:8

And let's not forget about

"When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm."
-Psalm 75:3

Also, let's say that Job 26:7 is correct. They had a 50/50 chance of being right. The earth was either not hanging or it was. Since there wasn't anything visible (like a string it a rod) they decided it wasn't.

Conclusion: It was a lucky guess and contradicted various times.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah the prophecies were fulfilled because we say that Daniel was talking about Babylon and Rome and Persians etc. Assign words a meaning that fits your narritive and boom prophecy fulfilled.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

How can science be investigating the matter?

There is no way in hell science can investigate it. Do you know why?

What can science investigate? It sure aint "what" caused the forming of the singularity.

Our Scientific clock is a plank time to short in that investigation.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Just wait. He Will bend words and twist meaning and assign the word pillar a meaning not found in the bible to fit his position. Though those scriptures all contradict science and Job 26.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

There you go assigning meaning again. Thats one small example. Still won't touch any of my genesis points though.

By the way you can't say that the goat represented Constantine. The goat could represent anyone. The only reason you Christians believe the prophecies of Daniel were real is because you assign words meanings after the fact and say look Daniel was right.

Here let me post it again in case you MISSED what the Bible said:

[Dan 8:20 RSV] "As for the ram which you saw with the two horns, these are the kings of Media and Persia."
[Dan 8:21 RSV] "And the he-goat is the king of Greece; and the great horn between his eyes is the first king."

[Dan 8:22 RSV] "As for the horn that was broken, in place of which four others arose, four kingdoms shall arise from his nation, but not with his power."

[Dan 8:23 RSV] "And at the latter end of their rule, when the transgressors have reached their full measure, a king of bold countenance, one who understands riddles, shall arise."

[Dan 8:24 RSV] "His power shall be great, and he shall cause fearful destruction, and shall succeed in what he does, and destroy mighty men and the people of the saints."

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

So just because we don't know what caused the singularity it must be god? Are we really going there again?

What if the singularity wasn't an isolated event. What if there is no beginning and no end and the universe expands and contracts continually?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just wait. He Will bend words and twist meaning and assign the word pillar a meaning not found in the bible to fit his position. Though those scriptures all contradict science and Job 26.

Oh, I know. But I thought I'd still post it.

Why? Because, after this post, it will be my last in here as he doesn't understand English or science, so it's just a waste of time and, frankly, it got boring 10 pages ago lol

Byeeeeeeee!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Why do you believe that one sentence when earlier it said

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble."
-Job 9:6

And then there's

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? … Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?"
-Job 38:4-6

And

"The pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and he hath set the world upon them."
-1 Samuel 2:8

And let's not forget about

"When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm."
-Psalm 75:3

Also, let's say that Job 26:7 is correct. They had a 50/50 chance of being right. The earth was either not hanging or it was. Since there wasn't anything visible (like a string it a rod) they decided it wasn't.

Conclusion: It was a lucky guess and contradicted various times.

Lol!

I guess you don't know your geology.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Oh, I know. But I thought I'd still post it.

Why? Because, after this post, it will be my last in here as he doesn't understand English or science, so it's just a waste of time and, frankly, it got boring 10 pages ago lol

Byeeeeeeee!

Cheers!

One more to go...

then

On to the next topic.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oh my god. He predicted that rulers would rise up and be horrible leaders. No mention of Constantine. No name. You would think with his knowledge supposedly coming from the supreme creator he could give names and dates and specifics not vague imagery. Hence why prophecies are nothing more than word twisting.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh my god. He predicted that rulers would rise up and be horrible leaders. No mention of Constantine. No name. You would think with his knowledge supposedly coming from the supreme creator he could give names and dates and specifics not vague imagery. Hence why prophecies are nothing more than word twisting.

[Dan 8:21 RSV] "And the he-goat is the king of Greece;

You really need to study history before you talk about it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Neither do you obviously. There are no pillars. Nothing holding the earth in place. That's what the verses are saying though.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Again. Not proof of anything. So he said Greece would have a king. Why can't god who has all knowledge give names as dates?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

BTW - it was Alexander the Great became king in Macedonia.
as opposed to Constantine the Great.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Well God is the name that is given to the Source. God is just a name. It is the Source that is the main subject in question.

If this Source is God can be argued if we could Reach a common understanding of the void that existed before the singularity.

But

How is science going to crack that issue for you? Science cant study anything that is byond the observable universe. Our stuff is Limited to the speed of light.

How can you argue against God?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Again. Not proof of anything. So he said Greece would have a king. Why can't god who has all knowledge give names as dates?

So where are we now?

History?

Spy - please continue. I'd like to see where this fella will take you.

edit on 18-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Well God is the name that is given to the Source. God is just a name. It is the Source that is the main subject in question.

If this Source is God can be argued if we could Reach a common understanding of the void that existed before the singularity.

But

How is science going to crack that issue for you? Science cant study anything that is byond the observable universe. Our stuff is Limited to the speed of light.

How can you argue against God?

Spy - please continue. I'd like to see where this fella will take you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So what? The prophecies of Daniel do not give specific names, dates or details. They are vague and that's all they've got going for them.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I'm arguing the biblical god and biblical contradictions with science. Not the idea of a creator being.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I agree that there are contradictions, but not With science but With Our Teachers, preacher, friends and Family(s) and TV specticals. It aint science who teach us these contradictions,... we are the once who teach eachother stories we claim to be based on some Scientific study.

But there is no Scientific study that reject that God is the creator.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join