It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I completely agree in that the future of space travel is what you have described. I've read similar theories and it seems to only logical way of travelling immense distances.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: spy66

Care to show how any of that is fact? No seriously. Saying it is so, is not evidence.

Maybe we will get to the details later........We are only on page 69.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Because i know that the nothing outside the expanding bobble as you state it, is a vacuum void of absolute free Space. And it is infinite and its timeline is a absolute constant.

How can i possibly know that? Because of how Our universe is expanding.

Science is right about one thing. Our universe is the only universe With a expanding timeline. The other is a absolute constant. With a absolute constant timeline.

The universe expanding doesn't prove anything about what exists outside of it, if anything. It doesn't make your guess real. The only truth is that we do not know what lies beyond the universe. Too many unanswered questions in regards to other dimensions and QM to make assumptions like that.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The universe expanding doesn't prove anything about what exists outside of it, if anything.

What do you mean by: If anything?

There is a reason why Our universe can expand. And it is do to the absolute infnite emty void of Space surrounding Our universe. Our universe would not expand if the surrounding void of Space had a Equal or greater force.

If the majority of Our universe is a vacuum void...........the void outside is even a purer vacuum void.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You are welcome to believe that, but there is too much we do not know to claim it as truth. The universe can expand proves that the universe can expand. It doesn't prove anything about an infinite void or anything outside. We don't know what the border of the universe looks like or if there is one. The universe could be all that exists. Or our "observable universe" could be just one small cog in a gigantic multi dimensional machine that is the true universe. Your guess is as good as mine, I just prefer to go based on what we know, rather than appealing to what we don't know and trying to define it.
edit on 5 20 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: edmc^2

Nothing can come out of nothing

So, where did god come from?
Serious question!!

I guess to answer that question we would have to look at something that we can visualize, like numbers, or a pie chart.

Okay so it doesn't explain where God comes from, but you can see where I am going with this.

Or maybe not.

Never mind.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

You are welcome to believe that, but there is too much we do not know to claim it as truth. The universe can expand proves that the universe can expand. It doesn't prove anything about an infinite void or anything outside. We don't know what the border of the universe looks like or if there is one. The universe could be all that exists. Or our "observable universe" could be just one small cog in a gigantic multi dimensional machine that is the true universe. Your guess is as good as mine, I just prefer to go based on what we know, rather than appealing to what we don't know and trying to define it.

When you talk about "We" i hope you dont mean me. I understand this so dont Count me in as one of you.

Since you and Your kind dont grasp this, it is understandable that you wont Accept it. Its not like this is something New around here.

Why dont you read a bit about vacuum. It helps. Then you can read about the different types of expansions, it also helps.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

My kind? I just don't buy into assumptions as fact, that's all. WE (both you and I) do not know what lies beyond the border of the expansion, we might never know. If you claim to know this, I'd ask for proof, not conjecture. Maybe it's a void, maybe it's not. Maybe it's far more complicated than either of us can comprehend. Like I said, I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm arguing against you claiming to KNOW it as fact.
edit on 5 20 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's just the same old God did it because we don't know. Ergo it must be God.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

My kind? I just don't buy into assumptions as fact, that's all. WE (both you and I) do not know what lies beyond the border of the expansion, we might never know. If you claim to know this, I'd ask for proof, not conjecture. Maybe it's a void, maybe it's not. Maybe it's far more complicated than either of us can comprehend. Like I said, I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm arguing against you claiming to KNOW it as fact.

You dont speak for me. You speak only for Your self. What you should say is that you dont know. There is nothing wrong With that.

When it comes to proof. You wouldnt Accept it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

It's just the same old God did it because we don't know. Ergo it must be God.

Yes it is. Because God did do it.
And who are you to claim that we dont know? To make such a claim you have to know everything we know. And we all know that is not true.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You don't know. You believe. Without proof you cannot know anything. I've never said god is an impossibility because I'm not arrogant enough to say I know something with certainty unless there is evidence to back it up.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Added info

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

You don't know. You believe. Without proof you cannot know anything. I've never said god is an impossibility because I'm not arrogant enough to say I know something with certainty unless there is evidence to back it up.

Science will never give you the answer directly. Its never going to be on the News. You have to figure it out on Your own. You have to read and understand science and see it for Your self.

You wont beleive anything we tell you. So it is actually pointless to have this kind of a discussion on a Public forum.

When you see it Your self. You will experiance the same as i do in these discussions. You will get nowhere With lazy People who rely on science to give them all the answers on a plate.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So that is a no? Good O

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

So that is a no? Good O

Why is that good?

I think its a shame that People give up. I am not going to give you people all the details. I had to spend time doing this job on my own.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

"You people", what people are those? People who are educated in science? That would be me. Non creationist people with spirituality, also me?

So what people are these then?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That's because when someone says they Know Something that also means that they can show why they know. They can demonstrate or explain the details surrounding their method of knowing.

You could say that to Know is to Show. Otherwise it's just believing. It may be a strong belief for whatever reason but a belief all the same.

I think the reason for this is that what one person can know other people can know as well. By showing how and why you know gives others a method for them to know also. But if you can't demonstrate that method or even explain what it was then you're making a false claim.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That is not entirely true it wouldn't mean what you know or believe is not real. It would simply mean that you failed to convey what you know adequately or that the other failed to understand you.
For this very reason it would remain neither true or false.
People can experience a great any things they will never be able to explain or fully understand for themselves even. But this does not mean such things are not real.
edit on 22-5-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If you can't understand it or explain it then how do you know what you think you know.

You should still be able to explain it with enough detail, or something. How you got there, what happened that led up to it, whatever. Because if you can't and all you have is some cloudy memory of it then you shouldn't trust it yourself. Our memories are not accurate at all. What we think happened isn't always what happened. Our memories get twisted and mixed around with other details a lot more than you think.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's because when someone says they Know Something that also means that they can show why they know. They can demonstrate or explain the details surrounding their method of knowing.

You could say that to Know is to Show. Otherwise it's just believing. It may be a strong belief for whatever reason but a belief all the same.

I think the reason for this is that what one person can know other people can know as well. By showing how and why you know gives others a method for them to know also. But if you can't demonstrate that method or even explain what it was then you're making a false claim.

I never relate my work With links here on ATS, because i want lazy People to do some work on their own. That way they have to set them selves into the topic.

My experiance on ATS is that if you link Your work to information. People dont read it. People hardly take their time to read a poste at all. They just reply randomly With random answers.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join