It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oh yeah that's a good one. Almost as funny as creation ministries or carm. Any religion that needs full time apologists isn't worth its weight in salt.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: TerryDon79

Or he forgets that the bible talks of a firmament between the earth and space. That's been proven wrong too. But hey he's holding onto nothing.

I think he should hold his head in shame as it's clear he has nothing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

Or he forgets that the bible talks of a firmament between the earth and space. That's been proven wrong too. But hey he's holding onto nothing.

The fact that you're NOT able to answer a simple question that I've been asking for so many pages now leads me to conclude that:

1. You have nothing to say about the matter because you have no idea.
2. I'm correct.
3. Afraid to admit you're wrong.

So, here's the question again:

Is there something SOLID or something visible HOLDING the earth in space as it rotates around the sun in the Milky Way Galaxy?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: edmc^2

So are you implying the earth is hanging, but hooked up to nothing or, that the earth isn't hanging on anything?

I'm guessing this is all just word games and semantics as you seem to not understand the English language very well.

I'm implying that NOTHING SOLID, NOTHING VISIBLE is HOLDING the earth as it orbits the sun in the Milky Way Galaxy, hence in layman's term -it's hanging upon nothing.

If you still don't understand this very elementary explanation, soorry I can't help you with that.
edit on 17-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: lame not to undertand

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Joecanada11

My guess is he is using a site such as tthis to get his ideas
An honest person would say as much.

Thanks - first time to see the site you linked.

Got some good stuff but the rest...i dunno.

Anyway, no need for such site. The Bible says it all.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I've answered this question. I moved past job 26 weeks ago. It's not accurate. It provides proof of nothing. Why you won't deal with the dozen other scriptures is more telling. You just can't admit the bible is wrong. Well suck it up princess.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So are you implying the earth is hanging, but hooked up to nothing or, that the earth isn't hanging on anything?

I'm guessing this is all just word games and semantics as you seem to not understand the English language very well.

I'm implying that NOTHING SOLID, NOTHING VISIBLE is HOLDING the earth as it orbits the sun in the Milky Way Galaxy, hence in layman's term -it's hanging upon nothing.
In laymans terms, you're still wrong. You've yajen "hanging upon nothing" out of context and twisted it to mean something other than what it is meant in the bible.

If you still don't understand this very elementary explanation, soorry I can't help you with that.
See above.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

For where's the logic in saying, let alone believing that an absolute nothing can create something?

So...following your premise...Everything has to come from something. Where did your 'god' come from? What created your 'god'?

You can't say that everything has to be created, except your deity. Well, I mean you really can, but that doesn't make it very logical.

Also, if your 'god' created everything, what did it create everything from if nothing existed?
edit on 18-5-2016 by jjsr420 because: Added a question

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420

For where's the logic in saying, let alone believing that an absolute nothing can create something?

So...following your premise...Everything has to come from something. Where did your 'god' come from? What created your 'god'?

You can't say that everything has to be created, except your deity. Well, I mean you really can, but that doesn't make it very logical.

Also, if your 'god' created everything, what did it create everything from if nothing existed?

If you can answer this question, it will answer your question:

Is space-time infinite?

That is, before the big-bang did space-time existed?

Or did it have a beginning?

edit on 18-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: zz

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I've answered this question. I moved past job 26 weeks ago. It's not accurate. It provides proof of nothing. Why you won't deal with the dozen other scriptures is more telling. You just can't admit the bible is wrong. Well suck it up princess.

I'm talking science, an observable fact - is there something SOLID - SOMETHING visible holding the earth in space as it rotates around the sun?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You ask: Is Space time infinite?

The ansewer is yes. Space time is infinite.

But Our universe is not. The Space time within Our universe is finite. That Space was formed 13.79 billion years ago.

Before the Big Bang; Space time did exist. But the timeline of the void prior to the Big Bang was a absolute constant. There were no finites to create motion. All finites were formed after the Big Bang.

Since there was nothing in the infnite void prior to the Big Bang. The timeline of the infinite void is a absolute constant, and never changes. Only Our finite universe changes and it has a expandable timeline.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

You ask: Is Space time infinite?

The ansewer is yes. Space time is infinite.

But Our universe is not. The Space time within Our universe is finite. That Space was formed 13.79 billion years ago.

Before the Big Bang; Space time did exist. But the timeline of the void prior to the Big Bang was a absolute constant. There were no finites to create motion. All finites were formed after the Big Bang.

Since there was nothing in the infnite void prior to the Big Bang. The timeline of the infinite void is a absolute constant, and never changes. Only Our finite universe changes and it has a expandable timeline.

Indeed Spy66.

Thanks for chiming in.

For a perspective view - pic below shows our OBSERVABLE Universe expanding into Space-Time continuum.

Check out the slide inside the link below:

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm talking science, an observable fact - is there something SOLID - SOMETHING visible holding the earth in space as it rotates around the sun?

as visible as the forces holding us to the earth. but saying that it is hanging on nothing demonstrates that they understood physics about as well as you do. technically, the sun is what is holding the earth in orbit. its gravity causes our planet to continually slingshot around and around. does scripture mention this? and more importantly, does it explain why?
edit on 18-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

as visible as the forces holding us to the earth. but saying that it is hanging on nothing demonstrates that they understood physics about as well as you do. technically, the sun is what is holding the earth in orbit. its gravity causes our planet to continually slingshot around and around. does scripture mention this? and more importantly, does it explain why?

Hence, the use of the word "hangs", "hanging" or "suspended" is quite accurate as the earth is prevented from floating away, prevented from speeding away from its orbit around the sun. It's being "held" by something invisible (we call gravity).

So "hangs the earth on nothing" or "suspended in space" is scientifically accurate.

“He stretches out the north over empty space And hangs the earth on nothing.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hence, the use of the word "hangs", "hanging" or "suspended" is quite accurate as the earth is prevented from floating away, prevented from speeding away from its orbit around the sun. It's being "held" by something invisible (we call gravity).

sure, if you want to sound like you know what you are talking about when you really dont.

So "hangs the earth on nothing" or "suspended in space" is scientifically accurate.

sure, if you have a second grade understanding of physics.

sorry, i thought we were discussing science, not poetry.
edit on 18-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

NO---God created The Elohim first(ETs), then came the heavens and earth

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It's only scientific when he wants it to match up with science and poetic when it doesn't match up.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

sure, if you want to sound like you know what you are talking about when you really dont.

sorry, i thought we were discussing science, not poetry.

Poetry in motion my friend.

It's an elegant way of explaining complex things into its simplest form, that even a child can understand it.

Sadly, many here seems to lack that ability.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That's a very charitable appraisal of edmc^2's grasp of physics.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Except for the fact that there is no motion implied in the verse. Therefore it's not scientifically accurate and not even close to elegant.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join