It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: edmc^2

Hence, the use of the word "hangs", "hanging" or "suspended" is quite accurate as the earth is prevented from floating away, prevented from speeding away from its orbit around the sun. It's being "held" by something invisible (we call gravity).

sure, if you want to sound like you know what you are talking about when you really dont.

So "hangs the earth on nothing" or "suspended in space" is scientifically accurate.

sure, if you have a second grade understanding of physics.

“He stretches out the north over empty space And hangs the earth on nothing.

sorry, i thought we were discussing science, not poetry.

Poetry in motion my friend.

It's an elegant way of explaining complex things into its simplest form, that even a child can understand it.

Sadly, many here seems to lack that ability.

its an elegant way to disguise ignorance as idle intellect.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

That's a very charitable appraisal of edmc^2's grasp of physics.

Yet second graders understand it but why can't you?

This means I'm so way ahead of you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Stop deflecting, and answer the question. If you can't, then that shows your intellectual dishonesty.

If nothing existed, what did your 'god' create everything from? That is -still- something from nothing.
edit on 18-5-2016 by jjsr420 because: Added some stuff.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

That's a very charitable appraisal of edmc^2's grasp of physics.

Yet second graders understand it but why can't you?

This means I'm so way ahead of you.

second graders understand what, but not how.
edit on 18-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How does science argue that God did not form the sigularity that later becomes Our universe?

Does science know what formed the singularity and how ?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

How does science argue that God did not form the sigularity that later becomes Our universe?

Does science know what formed the singularity and how ?

scientists are still investigating the matter. until then, it would be premature to draw any sort of conclusion. feel free to leave that space blank on your quiz.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hence, the use of the word "hangs", "hanging" or "suspended" is quite accurate as the earth is prevented from floating away, prevented from speeding away from its orbit around the sun. It's being "held" by something invisible (we call gravity).

sure, if you want to sound like you know what you are talking about when you really dont.

So "hangs the earth on nothing" or "suspended in space" is scientifically accurate.

“He stretches out the north over empty space And hangs the earth on nothing.

Poetry in motion my friend.

It's an elegant way of explaining complex things into its simplest form, that even a child can understand it.

Sadly, many here seems to lack that ability.

So I guess I'm in good company!

Science

Most people say that it is the intellect
which makes a great scientist.
They are wrong: it is character.
and the whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.

Science is a wonderful thing if one doesn't have to earn one's living at it,
although the process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.
Still, look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy:
am I or are the others crazy?
—Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein was undoubtedly a poet, and a romantic poet at that.

The poetry of Albert Einstein is merely another aspect of his genius. The following poems are comprised of quotations of Albert Einstein's that I combined into poems, changing a word here and there for the sake of meter and rhyme, while preserving the reason.—Michael R. Burch, editor, The HyperTexts

www.thehypertexts.com...

So using your super intellect, your super genius - Einstien is no match to you. Great oh wise one.

To quote you:

edit on 18-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

well, if thats the best you can do, then i suppose we are done here. or i am, anyway. i thought maybe someone here would surprise me and throw a smoking pistol on the table, but no. same old song and dance.

you can have the last word. go ahead. you know you want to.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Only in your own warped mind. All it means is you don't know when you've been beaten.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

well, if thats the best you can do, then i suppose we are done here. or i am, anyway. i thought maybe someone here would surprise me and throw a smoking pistol on the table, but no. same old song and dance.

you can have the last word. go ahead. you know you want to.

cheers!

On to the next topic.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Only in your own warped mind. All it means is you don't know when you've been beaten.

For you my friend:

Blindness

Few are those
who see
with their own eyes,
and feel
with their own hearts,
and think
with their own minds . . .
and he who can no longer pause
to wonder
and stand rapt in awe,
is as good as dead;
his eyes are closed.

-- Albert Einstein

edit on 18-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: -- Albert Einstein - the Poet

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This should keep you busy. Probably not though. My bet is you won't even acknowledge these biblical contradictions but keep pointing back to your one verse.

outdated belief that stars were extremely small in size. After the disclosure of their location in the firmament, and after God tells Abraham several times that his people would be as numerous as the stars (which is also impossible, yet it’s claimed to have been fulfilled in Hebrews 11:12), the next clear reference to size and position of these celestial bodies is found in the book of Isaiah. Here, the prophet speaks of exalting a throne “above the stars of God” (14:13). Likewise, Job says, “behold the height of the stars, how high they are” (22:12). Stars are not high; they are distant. One would expect these two divinely inspired individuals to make this distinction in their records; instead, they boldly demonstrate that they shared the popular yet erroneous belief that God fixed the stars at the sky’s apex.

The book of Psalms states that God tells the number of stars and calls them all by their names (147:4). That’s quite an impressive accomplishment considering scientists estimate that there could be as many as 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in the known universe. If God truly told anyone how many stars surrounded our planet, the ridiculous firmament belief should have ceased without delay.

Daniel speaks of a vision that he had concerning a giant goat’s horn knocking the stars down to the ground where the goat “stamped upon them” (Daniel 8:8-9). Passing comment on the vision, we can also be decidedly certain that Daniel believed stars were tiny lights hanging above the earth. Otherwise, how could his monstrous goat stamp upon them? More importantly, how could someone divinely inspired write something so blatantly preposterous? In the New Testament, Matthew and Mark both record Jesus foretelling of an era when the stars shall “fall from heaven

www.biblicalnonsense.com...

Thing is. If you get one question right out of 50 on a test you still FAIL.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So what ! Einstein wrote poetry. So do I but that doesn't make your premise any less false.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He seems to think if he keeps posting the same thing over and over that he wins and the bible is accurate. Its like debating with a toddler.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This should keep you busy. Probably not though. My bet is you won't even acknowledge these biblical contradictions but keep pointing back to your one verse.

outdated belief that stars were extremely small in size. After the disclosure of their location in the firmament, and after God tells Abraham several times that his people would be as numerous as the stars (which is also impossible, yet it’s claimed to have been fulfilled in Hebrews 11:12), the next clear reference to size and position of these celestial bodies is found in the book of Isaiah. Here, the prophet speaks of exalting a throne “above the stars of God” (14:13). Likewise, Job says, “behold the height of the stars, how high they are” (22:12). Stars are not high; they are distant. One would expect these two divinely inspired individuals to make this distinction in their records; instead, they boldly demonstrate that they shared the popular yet erroneous belief that God fixed the stars at the sky’s apex.

The book of Psalms states that God tells the number of stars and calls them all by their names (147:4). That’s quite an impressive accomplishment considering scientists estimate that there could be as many as 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in the known universe. If God truly told anyone how many stars surrounded our planet, the ridiculous firmament belief should have ceased without delay.

Daniel speaks of a vision that he had concerning a giant goat’s horn knocking the stars down to the ground where the goat “stamped upon them” (Daniel 8:8-9). Passing comment on the vision, we can also be decidedly certain that Daniel believed stars were tiny lights hanging above the earth. Otherwise, how could his monstrous goat stamp upon them? More importantly, how could someone divinely inspired write something so blatantly preposterous? In the New Testament, Matthew and Mark both record Jesus foretelling of an era when the stars shall “fall from heaven

So that's where you're getting your info from.

It's the blind leading the blind.

Great!

Albert Einstein described you to the tee.

Blindness

Few are those
who see
with their own eyes,
and feel
with their own hearts,
and think
with their own minds . . .
and he who can no longer pause
to wonder
and stand rapt in awe,
is as good as dead;
his eyes are closed.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'm not the one passing off fairy tales and poetry as science. I'm also getting my info directly from the bible.

Genesis states the plants were on the earth before god created the sun.

Refute that. The bible was wrong.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just for kicks n giggles...let's see how shallow this person's understanding of the scriptures:

He or She says:

First off, he admits that Daniel 8:8-9 is a "vision" but then treats it as if it's a literal thing. It's a vision - it's a vision that portends to something.

Hence, the vision that Daniel saw refers to kings who are about to appear on earth:

Here's the interpretation of the VISION:

[Dan 8:20 RSV] "As for the ram which you saw with the two horns, these are the kings of Media and Persia."
[Dan 8:21 RSV] "And the he-goat is the king of Greece; and the great horn between his eyes is the first king."

[Dan 8:22 RSV] "As for the horn that was broken, in place of which four others arose, four kingdoms shall arise from his nation, but not with his power."
[Dan 8:23 RSV] "And at the latter end of their rule, when the transgressors have reached their full measure, a king of bold countenance, one who understands riddles, shall arise."
[Dan 8:24 RSV] "His power shall be great, and he shall cause fearful destruction, and shall succeed in what he does, and destroy mighty men and the people of the saints."

True to history - Constantine the Great died (signified by the Goat with a broken horn) at an early age replace by his FOUR generals. Only one of his four generals attain to power but not as powerful as Constantine.

Why use stars in a figurative way?

Because stars also stand for LUMINARIES -

luminary
[loo-muh-ner-ee]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural luminaries.
a celestial body, as the sun or moon.
a body, object, etc., that gives light.
a person who has attained eminence in his or her field or is an inspiration to others:
one of the luminaries in the field of medical science.

Lol! Fail!

edit on 18-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: lol!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm not the one passing off fairy tales and poetry as science. I'm also getting my info directly from the bible.

Genesis states the plants were on the earth before god created the sun.

Refute that. The bible was wrong.

Simple - you only need to know the difference between the original Hebrew word "bara' " and " 'asah".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

There you go assigning meaning again. Thats one small example. Still won't touch any of my genesis points though.

By the way you can't say that the goat represented Constantine. The goat could represent anyone. The only reason you Christians believe the prophecies of Daniel were real is because you assign words meanings after the fact and say look Daniel was right.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There you go assigning meaning again. Thats one small example. Still won't touch any of my genesis points though.

By the way you can't say that the goat represented Constantine. The goat could represent anyone. The only reason you Christians believe the prophecies of Daniel were real is because you assign words meanings after the fact and say look Daniel was right.

Hindsight is 20/20 they say.

This is especially true of religious apologetics.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join