It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Answer my question

Does the earth sit upon anything else?

Does the earth move?

See I can act like a child too! But guess what. The bible states the earth will never move. Wrong! Game over son!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: babybunnies
you do realize that basing your entire existence on the first sentence of a book is insane, right ?

It's no insane - it's simple. people will scream and kick before they can admit that the Bible s correct.

This one simple statement - the earth "hangs upon nothing" gives so much constipation to those who can't believe it's true.

The earth doesn't hang.

Why can't you understand that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

You will find that you can't beat gravity. Try, go to a tall building, throw yourself at the ground, and see if you miss. Oh and you may have missed the news, but yes we can "see" gravity waves.

You are quibbling, and building your strawman. Sadly science is a gale force wind to that is headed to your construction.

Now take me back c4000 years ago - what's is gravity?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Just because one verse is correct vaguely about one thing doesn't negate the other dozens of verses where it is completely incorrect. But you like to ignore those verses because you can't refute them. Child's play this is.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Again with a logical fallacy. The ancients understood gravity (in that they were not about to fly). You can feel it. It is also not clear that a bunch of nomads in the desert understood that the earth was in space.

No your argument holds less water than a colander.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

you do realize that basing your entire existence on the first sentence of a book is insane, right ?

It's no insane - it's simple. people will scream and kick before they can admit that the Bible s correct.

This one simple statement - the earth "hangs upon nothing" gives so much constipation to those who can't believe it's true.

The earth doesn't hang.

even if i take your position - the question still remain:

Is there something SOLID or something VISIBLE holding the earth in space as it orbits the sun?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

THAT has been answered, to you, twenty pages back. If you refuse to acknowledge that, that is on you. You are proven wrong, man up, move on.

link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Simple because he doesn't want to admit that both he and the bible are wrong. Both proven wrong too. I've had more intellectual conversations with my seven year old son.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The earth doesn't hang.

even if i take your position - the question still remain:

Is there something SOLID or something VISIBLE holding the earth in space as it orbits the sun?

What does that have to do with anything?

The earth doesn't hang so the "earth hangs upon nothing" is false.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Simple because he doesn't want to admit that both he and the bible are wrong. Both proven wrong too. I've had more intellectual conversations with my seven year old son.

My daughter at seven could speak 2 languages and was on her way to her third. This guy can't understand 1 language.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Even if I take your position.

Does the earth MOVE ?

Is there a something the earth is set upon?

Can't ignore the scriptures that conflict with your job. That's deflection and it's dishonest.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My seven month old Black Lab would hold a more logical conversation

No seriously edmc^2 why are you being so obtuse about this? There are a great many Abrahamic scientists who would refute your ideas, does that make them less Abrahamic?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Even if I take your position.

Does the earth MOVE ?

Is there a something the earth is set upon?

Can't ignore the scriptures that conflict with your job. That's deflection and it's dishonest.

Like I said - you're understanding of the word "move" in the text you quoted is out of context. Hence, you understood it incorrectly.

The word "move" is in the context of permanence - that is, a generation passes by but the earth will stay forever, it will not be destroyed, it will not disappear.

Look it up.

So back to my question:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

WE have answered your question. You refuse to acknowledge that. IT is thus on you to either agree it has been explained, or stop playing this game.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And I say again

Does the earth Move?

Is the earth set upon something else?

You don't get to assign meanings to words. Moving has nothing to do with remaining forever.

But since your assigning meaning I will as well.

You are misunderstanding the word nothing. What the bible is really saying is that the earth hangs upon wonderwomans lassoo of truth. See how easy that is.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

My seven month old Black Lab would hold a more logical conversation

No seriously edmc^2 why are you being so obtuse about this? There are a great many Abrahamic scientists who would refute your ideas, does that make them less Abrahamic?

"There are a great many Abrahamic scientists who would refute your ideas".

Who are these Abrahamic scientists that you talk of?

So far, there's none in existence other than the Bible that got it right very early on.

Even the great philosopher Aristotle - was way off when he said the "earth was inside a sphere within sphere".

Is there any writing in existence that we can look at where it says the earth ..."hangs upon nothing"?

I doubt it much.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So are you implying the earth is hanging, but hooked up to nothing or, that the earth isn't hanging on anything?

I'm guessing this is all just word games and semantics as you seem to not understand the English language very well.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The earth does not hand on "nothing". Get that idea out of the equation right now. It is influenced by a fundamental force of the Universe, gravitation. If God was trying to put science in the bible (and you really mean the early Judaic writtings not the Christian bible), then he did a poor job.

Again, Abrahamic scientists have posted here. They would refute that your book, that has been translated through several languages, edited enumerable times, etc is a book of science.

As for the rest. Go read some other faiths works, and get back to me. I could quite as easily say that the early Indo-European language family myths of creation (order from chaos) predict the theory of the Big Bang
I shall not. They are myths. Your bible is that as well.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Or he forgets that the bible talks of a firmament between the earth and space. That's been proven wrong too. But hey he's holding onto nothing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

My guess is he is using a site such as tthis to get his ideas
An honest person would say as much.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join