It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: mOjOm

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

I think you got it backwards - laws existed in nature and we came to discover them. We didn't as you say "make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language." They were already there.

Question is - who put them there?

question is, why must there be a conscious agency behind the laws of physics? there is no evidence that suggests this to be the case.

If one searches hard enough, one can find an answer to the problem.

“Consciousness Creates Reality”
edit on 23-4-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: mOjOm

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

I think you got it backwards - laws existed in nature and we came to discover them. We didn't as you say "make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language." They were already there.

Question is - who put them there?

question is, why must there be a conscious agency behind the laws of physics? there is no evidence that suggests this to be the case.

If one searches hard enough, one can find an answer to the problem.

are we searching hard because the answer is difficult to find, or because it is difficult to accept?

answers do not always bring closure.

“Consciousness Creates Reality”

incorrect. consciousness translates reality. reality precedes the lens through which we view and relate to it.
edit on 23-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What we know of human nature proves what the writers of ancient text knew, we are capable of destroying humanity, now on a grander scale.

That the earth many be destroyed with fervent heat is now known as scientifically accurate
www.space.com...

That there will be wars and rumors of war, True.

That the seven vials with the seven plagues could happen. True

IN fact it is already happening

Seven vials ,seven seals and the seven trumpets

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Maybe he didn't.
Maybe so we would grow, learn and find the answers.

I am talking about physical imperfections. Ok, let me ask you this which I keep on asking and so far no religious person has been able to answer:

God created men with a foreskin. Why order to cut it off in the Bible?
Did God made a mistake?
Or does he like to see little boys suffer? (because it is a painful procedure, even done with doctors)
So what is it?

edit on 23-4-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

It was part of the covenant with this god... A sign that they are "his" people...

Though it was most likely done because there is less risk of infection in a desert wilderness

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
It was part of the covenant with this god... A sign that they are "his" people...

Thank you, but 'this' God? So there are more than one God?
And why didn't he know they needed to be 'marked' as his people before he created them?
And does this mean some humans are not 'his' people? I thought he was everybody's creator.

Though it was most likely done because there is less risk of infection in a desert wilderness

Surely God would have known that in advance and create men withou foreskin then?

Sorry, my friend, it still doesn't make sense.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Agartha because: Added a line....

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I'm not the one who links all my "evidence" and "knowledge" from the Jehovah s witness propoganda website. Maybe it's you who is listening to their repetitive indoctrination.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

There has always been wars and rumours of war. That's nothing new its been that way since the bible was written. There has always been earthquakes. Nothing new.

As for your prayer studies. It's interesting that it doesn't matter what god you are praying to. People who pray to Krishna or the great spirit will get the same results. Therefore it doesn't prove that the Christian god is the right one. Even atheists can heal themselves just by the power of belief. It does not prove God at all. Just that our body responds to the will of the mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I've watched trey Smith's videos. He mashes up quotes and cherry picks and uses pseudo science. He promotes the existence of giants and dinosaurs living with mankind at the same time.

As for his ark video. First of all let's think logically 8 pairs of every species. There are over 9,000 species of birds alone. That would mean you take 9000*16 = that would mean the ark would have had to have 144,000 birds on board. That doesn't include mammals or insects. I won't finish because common sense should tell you the impossibility here.

Even if they all got on the ship there's no way Noah and his family could have fed and watered all the creatures for the year the boat was afloat.

Use some common sense instead of listening to guys like Trey Smith.

Ps I admire the fact the Smith robbed Mike Murdock the tele evangelist. But his "science is a bunch of bunk.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thank you, but 'this' God? So there are more than one God?

Through out human history there have been "entities" that have been considered gods... Some were physical entities while others were dimensional... or spiritual.

And why didn't he know they needed to be 'marked' as his people before he created them?
And does this mean some humans are not 'his' people? I thought he was everybody's creator.

Likely because this so called "god" wasn't actually God... but a being that claimed to be... though even he knew better... which is why he is a "jealous" god...

Perhaps we were all created by him... it would make sense since we are such a messed up species... just as this entity was... or is

Surely God would have known that in advance and create men withou foreskin then?

Sorry, my friend, it still doesn't make sense.

Doesn't really seem like an "all powerful entity" does it... though if you read the OT, you can clearly see he was far from "all powerful"... seemed more like a screw up to me...

but thats just my opinion... and its not mine alone

edit on 23-4-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I couldn't agree more. The old testament has countless accounts of god making mistakes. Repenting. Getting angry and jealous. Making weird and ridiculous laws. Not knowing where his creations where. Definitely signs of a being that is far from perfect and all knowing.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Doesn't really seem like an "all powerful entity" does it... though if you read the OT, you can clearly see he was far from "all powerful"... seemed more like a screw up to me...

but thats just my opinion... and its not mine alone

Ah, we absolutely agree on this, that's my opinion too!! lol

But I really would like one of the religious members here to try to explain the foreskin subject to me, because so far none of them has given me a good answer.... well an answer at all really.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well i already gave you the biblical answer...

Though if you want more detail on the subject i would ask DISRAELI...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well i already gave you the biblical answer...

Though if you want more detail on the subject i would ask DISRAELI...

It's not the detail, what I want to know is: did God make a mistake then? And if he is as powerful as the OP says, how can he have made a mistake?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Did God make a mistake ?

First he creates mankind. Mankind goes wrong and apparently became evil ( some say fallen angels mated with Human females ) and God decided to destroy mankind. Thus the flood. But then mankind became evil yet again. So if we believe the flood story to be truth then of course god made a mistake. The flood had no purpose as mankind didn't stay sinless after the flood.

Then God gave the laws to Moses and the Israelites. But they couldn't follow the laws. So God waited some two thousand years and sent Jesus apparently. If we believe this to 've true then again why would an all powerful and all knowing God bother with the laws and the Israelites knowing he would have to send Jesus?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

LOL Joe, I know you would think that and I agree with everything you said in your post.

I want the religious ones to explain it to me, like the OP who says God is the creator of the universe. If that's true how comes he messed up with the foreskin.

Because there are two choices: either God made a mistake or he did it on purpose to make little boys suffer.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Are you a bible literalist?

Ya know, the supernatural is not bound by the laws of nature, like we are.

God created everything and as far as I know, He can do whatever and however He wants.

I think I'd be a Bible Skeptic most likely.

If your God did in fact create everything and your God is the Christian God then he's basically said to be infinite and all powerful so that would make sense that he could do whatever he wants according to your beliefs. Which is fine if that's what you want to believe.

I'm not convinced that is accurate however.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Did God make a mistake ?

First he creates mankind. Mankind goes wrong and apparently became evil ( some say fallen angels mated with Human females ) and God decided to destroy mankind. Thus the flood. But then mankind became evil yet again. So if we believe the flood story to be truth then of course god made a mistake. The flood had no purpose as mankind didn't stay sinless after the flood.

Then God gave the laws to Moses and the Israelites. But they couldn't follow the laws. So God waited some two thousand years and sent Jesus apparently. If we believe this to 've true then again why would an all powerful and all knowing God bother with the laws and the Israelites knowing he would have to send Jesus?

why would he bother with humans at all, knowing he would have to send his own kid (who is actually himself) to the chopping block?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's why the whole story doesn't make any sense at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why does anyone or anything do something?

If you do not know why I will inform you...

Because they can...

People don't understand why other's do somethings...
So why the hell would you assume to be able to understand why God does something?

Also as far as the fall of man or any other sin or problem presented in the bible...
Guess what that's not God having made any mistake...
Or causing the problems...
God made us individuals and we are no longer in the same state as when we were first created mankind has been altered because of it...Or fell because we were altered...
God does handle the problems in many different ways sometimes very harshly... But sometimes he was dealing with his creation being altered...Something that was a great offense to him for sure... The reason it had to be so severe was because an attempt to alter man was being done for a reason...
Because not only God knows the plan that he had to be born a man... We are told there is a war going on... Life is not all fun and games obviously... We see the good and bad of things...

It's almost like the whole thing is an experiment a learning tool a game even...
That requires looking after and tweaking...
Something he can play around and be involved with...
Not just mindlessly observe with no surprises...
The bible is rather clear he has been challenged by something he created...
I like to think he has his adversary in check at the moment and is just talking smack awhile watching him squirm...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join