It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: edmc^2

MAN created god lots of them.

Sure but man's creation of gods are just that - created gods.

The one who created man is not a creation but the Creator.

One who has no beginning and no end. Always is Always was.

So - where was man before the "big bang"?

Wrong TOTALLY WRONG

You only know about god because like many you were forced as a child to go to church or whatever religious indoctrination centre your parents sent you to.

In ALL parts of this pale blue dot we have many gods created by MAN all with creation stories about the universe Earth and Man.

Here are a few of those god(s) Names of God(s)

Every one of those stories have as much right to be believed as yours.

You can't all be right BUT YOU CAN ALL BE WRONG

It's very strange how your supposed all powerful god could only gets his message over in a tiny tiny part of the globe, why not the rest of the globe the answer is EASY the MEN of that area of the world created your god just like all the others in different areas around the world WAKE up and smell the coffee or should that be snake oil.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So again, Like i said

The only way they're incompatible is IF one subscribes to YEC... which is not biblical in the first place

IF one believes in the idea that consists of... "POOF" man is here... its incompatible

On the other hand IF one believes that we evolved from an earlier form of man, creationism and evolution are completely compatible

You mean kinda like , God gifted the spark of intellect To some primate. White the spark of intellect being what was "in gods image."

That works.

That works,

I didn't say anything about being in Gods image...I find the very idea that we are created in Gods image absurd...

We are information vessels only; 1's and 0's that took on a strange shape made of 'animated mud', someone's rib and another's ingenuity.
edit on 22-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

And for the third time in a row you IGNORE YOUR CONTRADICTION OF THE EARTH AVIDETH FOREVER.

No. I'm not ignoring it. I just need to make sure you understand what is meant by sunrise and sunset.

As for the earth remaining forever - what's so difficult about it?

God created the earth and since He is a living God who "abideth", remains forever then why not his creation? That's his promise! That it will remain forever.

As to science - when it's true science, the Bible is 100% correct.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Are you serious?

You said earlier that matter is not eternal. Your words not mine. In fact you said matter and energy is not eternal.

Ignoring your own words because you tried using a scripture to prove something. As I've stated when the sun goes so does the earth. We know this.

And then you make a claim that when it's real science the bible is 100% accurate. Yet you still have no proof of that whatsoever. In fact I disproved your little "earth hangs on nothing" scripture. It's not scientifically accurate at all. This is too easy

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

MAN created god lots of them.

Sure but man's creation of gods are just that - created gods.

The one who created man is not a creation but the Creator.

One who has no beginning and no end. Always is Always was.

So - where was man before the "big bang"?

Wrong TOTALLY WRONG

You only know about god because like many you were forced as a child to go to church or whatever religious indoctrination centre your parents sent you to.

In ALL parts of this pale blue dot we have many gods created by MAN all with creation stories about the universe Earth and Man.

Here are a few of those god(s) Names of God(s)

Every one of those stories have as much right to be believed as yours.

You can't all be right BUT YOU CAN ALL BE WRONG

It's very strange how your supposed all powerful god could only gets his message over in a tiny tiny part of the globe, why not the rest of the globe the answer is EASY the MEN of that area of the world created your god just like all the others in different areas around the world WAKE up and smell the coffee or should that be snake oil.

Huh?

Forced? Like dragged in chains? You've got be kidding me. I wasn't even religious growing up.

As for truth - there's only one truth. It can't be many truth. It's either the Universe was created by God or It just happen to be.

To me it's the former not the latter based on factual evidence.

Gen 1:1 is my foundation and Science and Logic backs it up.

BTW - what's the No 1 widely circulated book in the world for ALL times?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Are you serious?

You said earlier that matter is not eternal. Your words not mine. In fact you said matter and energy is not eternal.

Ignoring your own words because you tried using a scripture to prove something. As I've stated when the sun goes so does the earth. We know this.

And then you make a claim that when it's real science the bible is 100% accurate. Yet you still have no proof of that whatsoever. In fact I disproved your little "earth hangs on nothing" scripture. It's not scientifically accurate at all. This is too easy

You really need to pay close attention to what I'm saying.

The earth will not be destroyed but will REMAIN FOREVER because it's a promised made by God.

"A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever." - Ecl 1:5

It has nothing to do with what you said - matter is eternal. It's not. The earth was created by transforming energy into matter.

Sorry but it feels like I'm talking to a child.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And for the third time in a row you IGNORE YOUR CONTRADICTION OF THE EARTH AVIDETH FOREVER.

No. I'm not ignoring it. I just need to make sure you understand what is meant by sunrise and sunset.

God created the earth and since He is a living God who "abideth", remains forever then why not his creation? That's his promise! That it will remain forever.

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Nope sorry. The earth wasn't created in the beginning. It was created after the sun and the stars. Your premise that the bible is scientifically accurate fails right there in the first chapter.

Then God continues with this

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So where is the firmament. We shouldn't be able to travel in space if there is a dome over top of the earth dividing the waters from the waters.

Fail 2

Then we have the plant conundrum

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Note he says every herb bearing seed. Not just some. That they are all for meat. Problem here is that there are countless plants and herbs that are not good to eat and are deadly to human beings. So God forgot to tell us that many plants are poison and let us figure that out by trial and error. What a nice guy.

Fail 3 and this is only the first chapter. Shall I continue or do you still think the bible is 100% scientifically accurate?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hahaha I'm glad you brought up genesis because I'm tearing it apart so to speak.

Secondly the bible is most forced book on earth. Because church groups have printed billions of copies to use in their indoctrination process.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oh because you contradicted yourself it now feels like you are talking to a child. You are the one that said matter is not eternal. Now you say it is. Because God made a promise. What grade are you in anyways. Lol

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

BTW - what's the No 1 widely circulated book in the world for ALL times?

So what the best selling car in the world is not the best and how many copies of your best selling book are given away

So do you want to explain the other god(s) and stories around the world and why you think yours is the only true one

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

So again, Like i said

The only way they're incompatible is IF one subscribes to YEC... which is not biblical in the first place

IF one believes in the idea that consists of... "POOF" man is here... its incompatible

On the other hand IF one believes that we evolved from an earlier form of man, creationism and evolution are completely compatible

You mean kinda like , God gifted the spark of intellect To some primate. White the spark of intellect being what was "in gods image."

That works.

That works,

I didn't say anything about being in Gods image...

I find the very idea that we are created in Gods image absurd...

I'm just saying that is the only way the biblical account of mans creation is true.

Is if you classify what God created, when creating Adam , as the "human intellect."evolution and DNA prove we didn't just spontaneously pop into existence.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite.

Again insects have been around far longer than any mammals. But not according to the bible.

Shooting ducks in a barrel

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yep and many Gnostics believe that is what is being spoken of in Adam and eve. Not the physical creation of man and woman but consciousness. This theory has a little more ground. But there are still so many contradictions in the genesis account of earths creation and the order of the animals being created etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yep and many Gnostics believe that is what is being spoken of in Adam and eve. Not the physical creation of man and woman but consciousness. This theory has a little more ground. But there are still so many contradictions in the genesis account of earths creation and the order of the animals being created etc.

I think most of the "not crazy evangelical" Christians have settled on something like that. IMHO because of a lack of options, but at least it is progress....

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hahaha I'm glad you brought up genesis because I'm tearing it apart so to speak.
Secondly the bible is most forced book on earth. Because church groups have printed billions of copies to use in their indoctrination process.

Why do you suppose; not only forced but indoctrinated. It is the least accurate account of Creation theory history existing. Why this epistle? Eastern thought is far and above a more accurate version of (the God/human relationship) existence accounting of. The Western and Eastern ideologies were planned polarized events.
edit on 22-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Actually that was an excellent point...and that and " science says the universe has a begining and the bible said god created it. So that's proof God created the universe" those are lierally the cruxes of your argument.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Also, you didn't even attemp a counterpoint....just "I don't like your question mr. Rant.."

Quite to the contrary, I've answered the question multiple times already but for some reason Mr. Rant can't seem to see the logic in it.

In any case, let's discuss.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Let's break it down:

It's a fact mathematically AND scientifically that "something can't come from nothing".

This axiom holds true from a PHYSICAL standpoint. It holds true particularly with the creation of the universe. The "singularity" (big-bang") theory confirms this to be so. Through background radiation, we can trace back in time the beginning of the universe. 13-14 billion years ago (according to findings) the universe was born.

That is a fact!

E = mc2 gives us an idea how matter and energy can transform to either form.

That energy can be transformed into matter and matter can be transformed into energy.

But we know that matter is not eternal neither energy. So what then is source of the raw material that became the universe?

Again, it's NOT nothing because, nothing - absolute nothing - can not exist.

Thus there MUST be then by necessity - something that ALWAYS existed. Something that had no beginning and no end must be the ultimate source of everything.

Question is - who or what is this "something"?

Is it intelligent? Is it alive? or is it just "something" that always existed but without any intelligence.

The latter is not logical. For how could "something with no intelligence" create something with intelligence?

The ONLY logical conclusion is - the "something" is not a "thing" but SOMEONE Alive possessing great intelligence and power.

If E = mc2 requires a great mind to formulate, then what about the universe with all it's wonders?

The movements of galaxies, the movements stars and planets - show a great deal of balance. An intricate cosmic dance that shows an amazing cohesion. Some call this cohesion - the fine tuning.

The four fundamental forces that holds the universe together show a great deal of intelligence! Yet many here attribute this to dumb luck.

Mr. Rant's answer? IDK.

Now how logical is that?

Plants create something with no intelligence.

The sun creates elements, without any intelligence.

There is no astronomical feature or physical law since the Big Bang, that requires an intelligent omnipotent being to have created it or guided it. All the galaxies and such are easily explained by gravity and such, with zero intelligent guiding force. Yet your claiming an intelligent force must have been the catalyst for the universes, when the universe runs just fine with no intelligent guiding force, since its creation.

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

The vast hyperspace that created our universe.

None of those laws require you to "plug in" God to make the equation work, and they should if he was the guiding force.

We can plug in the laws of physics to a super computer, and hit run. Then the computer will simulate our universe. You don't have to constantly readjust them (as would show intelligence). You just hit run, and the laws and hydrogen create stars, which create elements, which create the rest.

There is not one single repeatable experiment that requires, faith, God or prayer to work. Not one...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Yes I believe the Vedic versus make mention that the universe itself is cyclical. As in before the big bang there was a universe which collapsed and it does this continually. Expand and contract over and over for eternity. I have also read some physicists have proposed a similar theory. As I have stated before I cannot dismiss the idea of a creator all together. It's possible. However the bible is not accurate historically.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Why do you suppose; not only forced but indoctrinated. It is the least accurate account of Creation theory history existing. Why this epistle? Eastern thought is far and above a more accurate version of (the God/human relationship) existence accounting of. The Western and Eastern ideologies were planned polarized events.

The most scandalous story has always gotten all the press. In every age. The oldest documents are full of gossip and sex scandals, even the bible.

So it's no surprise young earth creationists and Muslim terrorists, get all the religious news stories.

We like a crazy story....
edit on 22-4-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join