It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Didn't keep his promise to Moses did he...

What promise did God break to Moses?

Did Moses get into the promised land?

No... he died before he got there

edit on 24-4-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What I posted is exactly what I believe. God made everything and He can destroy it, change it, ignore it or create more.

Whenever, however, why ever.

But He has always kept His promises, no matter who liked it or not.

You're entitled to your beliefs. I just don't agree with them. I probably have some beliefs you wouldn't agree with either. As long as our beliefs don't become a problem for each other then we should get along just fine.

We could even discuss our beliefs if we so choose for whatever reason. Sometimes it ends up being a good thing and sometimes not.

Are those promises you talk about promises to you personally or are they biblical ones???

True, unless you believe in AGW and taxing me more. Then I will fight to the death.

They are promises kept to this very day and on, to all of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Yeah, God told moses he would never enter the promised land.

Promise kept.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

AGW??

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah, God told moses he would never enter the promised land.

Promise kept.

I have said I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land flowing with milk and honey

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Why have none of the religious members replied to THIS POST

Anytime I put this question on a thread like this NO REPLY, I think we all know why

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

It's because its one of the great conundrums. If there were one true and great and benevolent god then you can be sure he wouldn't leave other parts of the world in the dark. Yet that's exactly what happened. No congruence among the beliefs across the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

"I go now to sheep not of this fold"

Ever here of the native American account of a fellow named Chesoos? Not sure of the spelling...

Also it's fairly impossible to deny the bible has not been spread around the world...

The bible says the Apostles were charged with spreading the word...
Most religions around the world do have common factors especially when teaching about a higher power... love etc...
Nobody is left in the dark...
There is a part in revelations that does speak on behalf of this though for those who do not learn of Jesus before they die... It says those individuals will be granted a time after they are dead to learn about him after they are raised from the dead...
There really are answers to pretty much everything in the bible...

edit on 24-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

He went there... he got to see it...
The next generation got to go in to the promised land...
Moses got to go hang out with God...
Small punishment huge reward...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Also as far as the fall of man or any other sin or problem presented in the bible...
Guess what that's not God having made any mistake...
Or causing the problems...

Oh but he did make a mistake and caused a problem: he created man with a foreskin and when he realized it was a mistake he ordered men to chop it off. That was before the fall of man, this was how he created Adam.
Or perhaps he's into sadism and gets his kicks at the suffering of others?

So what is it: the all powerful God of yours made a mistake, he is a sadistic creator or he does not exist at all and it's a fairy tale?

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Anytime I put this question on a thread like this NO REPLY, I think we all know why

I know how I feel, pal, they do the same with me and the foreskin question.
Of course we all know why: because it's a book created by men two millenium ago to subjugate and control the masses.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: edmc^2

Actually that was an excellent point...and that and " science says the universe has a begining and the bible said god created it. So that's proof God created the universe" those are lierally the cruxes of your argument.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Also, you didn't even attemp a counterpoint....just "I don't like your question mr. Rant.."

Quite to the contrary, I've answered the question multiple times already but for some reason Mr. Rant can't seem to see the logic in it.

In any case, let's discuss.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Let's break it down:

It's a fact mathematically AND scientifically that "something can't come from nothing".

This axiom holds true from a PHYSICAL standpoint. It holds true particularly with the creation of the universe. The "singularity" (big-bang") theory confirms this to be so. Through background radiation, we can trace back in time the beginning of the universe. 13-14 billion years ago (according to findings) the universe was born.

That is a fact!

E = mc2 gives us an idea how matter and energy can transform to either form.

That energy can be transformed into matter and matter can be transformed into energy.

But we know that matter is not eternal neither energy. So what then is source of the raw material that became the universe?

Again, it's NOT nothing because, nothing - absolute nothing - can not exist.

Thus there MUST be then by necessity - something that ALWAYS existed. Something that had no beginning and no end must be the ultimate source of everything.

Question is - who or what is this "something"?

Is it intelligent? Is it alive? or is it just "something" that always existed but without any intelligence.

The latter is not logical. For how could "something with no intelligence" create something with intelligence?

The ONLY logical conclusion is - the "something" is not a "thing" but SOMEONE Alive possessing great intelligence and power.

If E = mc2 requires a great mind to formulate, then what about the universe with all it's wonders?

The movements of galaxies, the movements stars and planets - show a great deal of balance. An intricate cosmic dance that shows an amazing cohesion. Some call this cohesion - the fine tuning.

The four fundamental forces that holds the universe together show a great deal of intelligence! Yet many here attribute this to dumb luck.

Mr. Rant's answer? IDK.

Now how logical is that?

Plants create something with no intelligence.

The sun creates elements, without any intelligence.

There is no astronomical feature or physical law since the Big Bang, that requires an intelligent omnipotent being to have created it or guided it. All the galaxies and such are easily explained by gravity and such, with zero intelligent guiding force. Yet your claiming an intelligent force must have been the catalyst for the universes, when the universe runs just fine with no intelligent guiding force, since its creation.

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

The vast hyperspace that created our universe.

None of those laws require you to "plug in" God to make the equation work, and they should if he was the guiding force.

We can plug in the laws of physics to a super computer, and hit run. Then the computer will simulate our universe. You don't have to constantly readjust them (as would show intelligence). You just hit run, and the laws and hydrogen create stars, which create elements, which create the rest.

There is not one single repeatable experiment that requires, faith, God or prayer to work. Not one...

The Laws don't make anything.

The vast hyperspace?

Can you show us this vast hyperspace? What is it anyway.

I've heard of it in sci-fi stories, has NASA found it?

There are mathematical models and computer simulations.there is "the great attractor", it is a bunch of galaxies with
a gravitational anomaly, where their orbits pull to one side. The theory is that it's the mass of the universe next to ours, reaching across the hyperspace.

M theory, the Big Bang, multiverse theory, all use a multiverse as its platform.

It is hilarious that you think this stuff, with plenty of mathematical backing, is sci fi, but an all knowing, all powerful, invisible being that has hidden himself so well, that their isn't one shred of evidence he even exists. A god where the only measurement for entry to heaven, is not being moral or having good works. The only measure is believing in said religion no matter how little proof.

And some how it was one group of Bronze Age goat herders ( who thought the earth was flat) who figured out the truth of the universes origin.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I'm not Jewish...
It was not before the fall...
Adam had no part in this...
It is said this was done as a reminder that through deeds they strayed from God...
And it was a covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham or the Jews that if they honoured the Covenant God would honour them...
It started with Abraham...
Let's take sexual immorality into consideration here...
Did you know it is a fact that uncircumcised males have heightened sensitivity of thier members?
If you take that into consideration it would be a way to help lessen sexual arousal...
In other words help them not to sin...
It's not about God making a mistake...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I'm not Jewish...

Thank you for your reply: Jewish are not the only ones to circumcise, millions of Christians and Muslims do it too because they are all Abrahamic religions.

In Prince Edward Island in Canada 40% of newborns are circumcised. I'm sure you know PEI is Christian.
In the US an average of 70% of all males are circumcised, again, mostly of Christian background.
In Ghana 90% of babies are and Ghana is also Christian. They just follow the Bible.

Regarding the covenant: I have already talked about that and asked questions about it. Please see my previous posts.

Let's take sexual immorality into consideration here...
Did you know it is a fact that uncircumcised males have heightened sensitivity of thier members?
If you take that into consideration it would be a way to help lessen sexual arousal...
In other words help them not to sin...
It's not about God making a mistake...

I could argue the sensitivity you mentioned but for the sake of argument lets say you are correct:
how comes God didn't know this in advance when he created men?
He is so powerful he created the universe, and yet failed to create men the right way?
Or perhaps it was on purpose? (either to make them sin or to see them suffer when they are cut?)

Does this also mean uncircumcised men are naturally more prone to sin than circumcised men?

See how it doesn't make sense.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will repeat this

Your SILENCE speaks volumes

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If God were so worried about the sexual immorality he would have made all men without foreskin. The whole foreskin issue in the bible is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Well I'm sure God made things a certain way for a reason he wanted man to enjoy himself I'm sure...
But not in sin...
I do not think sin is something God understands if that makes any sense or in other words to even have the idea of sin enter his mind... It is foreign to him and so an offense...
So how could he plan for sin?
Anyway this is a Jewish covenant... I agree Christians around the world do practice this but most of them are gentiles... And this is not a requirement for them... This covenant was made for the descendants of Abraham and the Holy Land and God's promise to protect them...
I agree it seems ridiculous for reasons not understood it was part of the deal...
I'm not saying men with foreskin are more prone to cheat... I guess what I'm saying is those that are prone to cheat will have thier urges lowered if they have it removed...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I replied to this but it was to Joe...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Noinden

Are we on the Earth or the Moon or Jupiter?
5 kgs here is not 5kgs everywhere...
So that's sort of an illusion...
Or relative if you will...
It is in no way an absolute...

You didn't reply to it, so want to explain

edit on 24-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"I go now to sheep not of this fold"

Ever here of the native American account of a fellow named Chesoos? Not sure of the spelling...

Also it's fairly impossible to deny the bible has not been spread around the world...

The bible says the Apostles were charged with spreading the word...
Most religions around the world do have common factors especially when teaching about a higher power... love etc...
Nobody is left in the dark...
There is a part in revelations that does speak on behalf of this though for those who do not learn of Jesus before they die... It says those individuals will be granted a time after they are dead to learn about him after they are raised from the dead...
There really are answers to pretty much everything in the bible...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: mOjOm

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

I think you got it backwards - laws existed in nature and we came to discover them. We didn't as you say "make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language." They were already there.

Question is - who put them there?

question is, why must there be a conscious agency behind the laws of physics? there is no evidence that suggests this to be the case.

To the contrary, there's no evidence of any non-conscious agency that's able to create any law. We have however laws being created by the conscious mind.

Case in point:

F = ma

If the law didn't already exist, will Sir Isaac Newton be able to formulate the equations that described to the laws of motion?

But let's supposed the law didn't exist - then where to begin?

How would you formulate something that doesn't exist?

Without consciousness, how would you even begin?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join