It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: edmc^2

Hahaha I'm glad you brought up genesis because I'm tearing it apart so to speak.

Secondly the bible is most forced book on earth. Because church groups have printed billions of copies to use in their indoctrination process.

hahahaha, if you can't even grasp a simple earth sunrise sunset relationship, how on earth are you able to grasp the creation event of Genesis?

Sorry, but I got tired playing your childish games.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: edmc^2

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

If you can tel me, then where did these laws came from?

Who created them?

Laws just don't happen on their own you know - there's always a mind behind it.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

I think you got it backwards - laws existed in nature and we came to discover them. We didn't as you say "make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language." They were already there.

Question is - who put them there?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You started the thread with your "proof" from the bible. Maybe you should finish grade 9 before trying to explain science to us adults.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Joecanada11

And for the third time in a row you IGNORE YOUR CONTRADICTION OF THE EARTH AVIDETH FOREVER.

No. I'm not ignoring it. I just need to make sure you understand what is meant by sunrise and sunset.

As for the earth remaining forever - what's so difficult about it?

God created the earth and since He is a living God who "abideth", remains forever then why not his creation? That's his promise! That it will remain forever.

As to science - when it's true science, the Bible is 100% correct.

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Nope sorry. The earth wasn't created in the beginning. It was created after the sun and the stars. Your premise that the bible is scientifically accurate fails right there in the first chapter.

Then God continues with this

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So where is the firmament. We shouldn't be able to travel in space if there is a dome over top of the earth dividing the waters from the waters.

Fail 2

Then we have the plant conundrum

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Note he says every herb bearing seed. Not just some. That they are all for meat. Problem here is that there are countless plants and herbs that are not good to eat and are deadly to human beings. So God forgot to tell us that many plants are poison and let us figure that out by trial and error. What a nice guy.

Fail 3 and this is only the first chapter. Shall I continue or do you still think the bible is 100% scientifically accurate?

I'll requote this since you ignored three points in genesis which are proven unscientific. But that's what you do when you see the contradictions ignore them and call me childish.

Your premise that the bible is 100% scientifically accurate is wrong. As proven by the bible itself.

And again how about the ark? Scientifically proven impossible.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I think you got it backwards - laws existed in nature and we came to discover them. We didn't as you say "make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language." They were already there.

There's nothing to get backwards. Laws are our linguistic way of explaining things. We didn't discover some descriptive laws telling us anything. We observed or experimented or thought about something and how it functions and with what regularity and then recorded it.

Nature just is what it is. There doesn't need to be some law thought up by anyone for it to do or be what it is.

Oddly enough, you seem to also think the Bible is 100% true and yet if that was true and the universe also has laws, both of which are from the same source, that being God, why does God keep breaking his laws and why are all the laws of nature that we know of seem to go against what the bible says on how things are???

What Law of nature allows someone to walk on water?? What natural law says that Women were created from Mans Rib and is meant to serve him??? What law in nature makes it so a bush can be on fire without actually burning away while somehow speaking a human language??? Where is the law about a virgin human being giving birth to a child??? Those laws don't exist as far as I know. In fact they go against what laws we've defined that do explain such events which means for them to have happened it would have to have been Magic.

If the bible is true then the laws of nature don't mean much since they are always being broken or made void by some supernatural being of some kind who doesn't have to follow them.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
based upon the rigor presented in the OP and understanding the academic standards of the topic, I will make this brief:

I am GOD and you have all interpreted my intentions wrongly.

Nuff said in 21st century parlance.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Problem is the two are not compatible. One requires guidance and intelligence while the other is just dumb luck.

I can't agree with that. Evolution is basically life's ability to adapt over time to an ever changing earth environment. It makes sense for a creator to design life with the ability to adapt. Do you really deny that? Why is it mutually exclusive?

Key word is "adapt". We all adapt to our environment. We were created that way.

Evolution on the other hand - in terms of ORIGIN - is incompatible with creation.

Evolution is NOT the origin of life, therefor it IS compatible. I just told you. Evolution is how life changes over time, not how it first emerged. If god designed life that can evolve with the environment over time into what we have today, than he is truly a genius and should be recognized for this and praised.

Instead, a good amount of his followers blindly deny the mechanics that he created over how simple folks in the past interpreted his word. That's like a slap in his face. If you believe, then BELIEVE. Don't half ass it and deny reality to cling to your pipe dream. That only shows me that your faith is actually wavering.

edit on 4 23 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Barcs you touched on something there...
glad you can admit that creation allowed for any and all evolution...
and even suggested the possibility of God and complimented his intelligence...
That's a step in the right direction for you...
If you continue to ponder him and include him in your method of thinking... I think he will reveal himself to you...
I know those were big ifs for you but it shows it entered your mind...
That's called a knock on the door...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The Ark has been proven impossible?
Never heard that before...
I'm sure that's what you tell yourself anyway...
A guy named Trey Smith explains the plausibility and the numbers rather well...
But the problem with the bible is its comprised of over 400 books or texts large portions of the accounts of many are omitted and mistranlations etc..
Anyway as for my own thoughts on the animals and the Ark I always assumed it would make more sense if they were babies... They would be small and thier temperaments much better...
Then one must also take into account the watchers being involved the references elsewhere that say things like in the days of Noah...
You could assume many things if you contemplate this... If you look back at ancient history and the megalithic builders it's not hard to say technology most likely superceded our own today in many ways...
Then if you incorporate the Watchers and allow yourself to see them also as superior you can even call them aliens because they were not humans...
Well then you can assume that with thier help the Ark could have been a DNA bank... For this you would still want male and female...
And so back to... as in the days of Noah... Well to me after an almost complete extinction level event...
What would be lost?
That's right knowledge and technology...
The manipulation of DNA was occouring then also that was the reason for the flood...
To me that's how the end days will be as in the days of Noah... The return of knowledge and technology. ..
Nothing is impossible unless you can't read between the lines...
edit on 23-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Really EXPLAIN the animals that would not have been known to the STORY tellers that made up the Noah story common sense tells you that.

If you read between the lines you can find enough BS to convince yourself

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Really EXPLAIN the animals that would not have been known to the STORY tellers that made up the Noah story common sense tells you that.

If you read between the lines you can find enough BS to convince yourself

If your comment made sense perhaps it too would be convincing...

And that's no BS...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Well since the OP hasn't tried do YOU want to explain how all the other god(s) like YOURS created by MAN are less worthy than yours. All areas of the world have stories of god(s) creation etc they all have one thing in common they are ALL different they can't all be right but they can ALL be wrong.

Strange how these god(s) and yours are restricted to a very tight geographical areas of the people who made up the stories THAT alone tells you it's all BS.

After all why was it so difficult for this so called super being that you claim created everything to have his story told all over the world it's easy to see why if you actually had the gnads admit it.

God(s) were CREATED by MAN to explain things that they couldn't understand at the time so we end up with sun, moon, rain, thunder gods etc etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Actually that was an excellent point...and that and " science says the universe has a begining and the bible said god created it. So that's proof God created the universe" those are lierally the cruxes of your argument.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Also, you didn't even attemp a counterpoint....just "I don't like your question mr. Rant.."

Quite to the contrary, I've answered the question multiple times already but for some reason Mr. Rant can't seem to see the logic in it.

In any case, let's discuss.

You can't use "something can't come from nothing" then claim God came from nothing....

Let's break it down:

It's a fact mathematically AND scientifically that "something can't come from nothing".

This axiom holds true from a PHYSICAL standpoint. It holds true particularly with the creation of the universe. The "singularity" (big-bang") theory confirms this to be so. Through background radiation, we can trace back in time the beginning of the universe. 13-14 billion years ago (according to findings) the universe was born.

That is a fact!

E = mc2 gives us an idea how matter and energy can transform to either form.

That energy can be transformed into matter and matter can be transformed into energy.

But we know that matter is not eternal neither energy. So what then is source of the raw material that became the universe?

Again, it's NOT nothing because, nothing - absolute nothing - can not exist.

Thus there MUST be then by necessity - something that ALWAYS existed. Something that had no beginning and no end must be the ultimate source of everything.

Question is - who or what is this "something"?

Is it intelligent? Is it alive? or is it just "something" that always existed but without any intelligence.

The latter is not logical. For how could "something with no intelligence" create something with intelligence?

The ONLY logical conclusion is - the "something" is not a "thing" but SOMEONE Alive possessing great intelligence and power.

If E = mc2 requires a great mind to formulate, then what about the universe with all it's wonders?

The movements of galaxies, the movements stars and planets - show a great deal of balance. An intricate cosmic dance that shows an amazing cohesion. Some call this cohesion - the fine tuning.

The four fundamental forces that holds the universe together show a great deal of intelligence! Yet many here attribute this to dumb luck.

Mr. Rant's answer? IDK.

Now how logical is that?

Plants create something with no intelligence.

The sun creates elements, without any intelligence.

There is no astronomical feature or physical law since the Big Bang, that requires an intelligent omnipotent being to have created it or guided it. All the galaxies and such are easily explained by gravity and such, with zero intelligent guiding force. Yet your claiming an intelligent force must have been the catalyst for the universes, when the universe runs just fine with no intelligent guiding force, since its creation.

So tell me then o wise one, what are the fundamental laws governing the growth of plants and fundamental law for nuclear reaction?

Who created them?

The vast hyperspace that created our universe.

None of those laws require you to "plug in" God to make the equation work, and they should if he was the guiding force.

We can plug in the laws of physics to a super computer, and hit run. Then the computer will simulate our universe. You don't have to constantly readjust them (as would show intelligence). You just hit run, and the laws and hydrogen create stars, which create elements, which create the rest.

There is not one single repeatable experiment that requires, faith, God or prayer to work. Not one...

The Laws don't make anything.

The vast hyperspace?

Can you show us this vast hyperspace? What is it anyway.

I've heard of it in sci-fi stories, has NASA found it?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

There's nothing to get backwards. Laws are our linguistic way of explaining things. We didn't discover some descriptive laws telling us anything. We observed or experimented or thought about something and how it functions and with what regularity and then recorded it.

Nature just is what it is. There doesn't need to be some law thought up by anyone for it to do or be what it is.

Oddly enough, you seem to also think the Bible is 100% true and yet if that was true and the universe also has laws, both of which are from the same source, that being God, why does God keep breaking his laws and why are all the laws of nature that we know of seem to go against what the bible says on how things are???

What Law of nature allows someone to walk on water?? What natural law says that Women were created from Mans Rib and is meant to serve him??? What law in nature makes it so a bush can be on fire without actually burning away while somehow speaking a human language??? Where is the law about a virgin human being giving birth to a child??? Those laws don't exist as far as I know. In fact they go against what laws we've defined that do explain such events which means for them to have happened it would have to have been Magic.

If the bible is true then the laws of nature don't mean much since they are always being broken or made void by some supernatural being of some kind who doesn't have to follow them.

Are you a bible literalist?

Ya know, the supernatural is not bound by the laws of nature, like we are.

God created everything and as far as I know, He can do whatever and however He wants.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The Ark has been proven impossible?
Never heard that before...
I'm sure that's what you tell yourself anyway...
A guy named Trey Smith explains the plausibility and the numbers rather well...
But the problem with the bible is its comprised of over 400 books or texts large portions of the accounts of many are omitted and mistranlations etc..
Anyway as for my own thoughts on the animals and the Ark I always assumed it would make more sense if they were babies... They would be small and thier temperaments much better...
Then one must also take into account the watchers being involved the references elsewhere that say things like in the days of Noah...
You could assume many things if you contemplate this... If you look back at ancient history and the megalithic builders it's not hard to say technology most likely superceded our own today in many ways...
Then if you incorporate the Watchers and allow yourself to see them also as superior you can even call them aliens because they were not humans...
Well then you can assume that with thier help the Ark could have been a DNA bank... For this you would still want male and female...
And so back to... as in the days of Noah... Well to me after an almost complete extinction level event...
What would be lost?
That's right knowledge and technology...
The manipulation of DNA was occouring then also that was the reason for the flood...
To me that's how the end days will be as in the days of Noah... The return of knowledge and technology. ..
Nothing is impossible unless you can't read between the lines...

It wouldn't matter if they were all puppies,Cubs,exc. the 2 football fields, squared, still wouldn't hold every animal that "survived the flood." Even if your assuming they don't need food and water.

The boat's design would float, but wood usually floats, and ship building has been a thing forever.

There would also be an insane genetic bottle kneck in the DNA of every species on earth, including mankind. Because according to the biblical tale. Noah's family incested all of us into existence.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Pray as much as you want. There is no evidence of prayer being effective at all.

not true

www.scientificamerican.com...

www.npr.org...

For the devout, there never has been any question that prayer has the power to heal.

Now, more and more medical research from leading hospitals and universities across the U.S. has shown conclusively a belief in God really IS good for you, making you healthier and happier, and helping you live longer.

“Studies have shown prayer can prevent people from getting sick — and when they do get sick, prayer can help them get better faster,” Duke University’s Harold G. Koenig, M.D., tells Newsmax Health.

An exhaustive analysis of more than 1,500 reputable medical studies “indicates people who are more religious and pray more have better mental and physical health,” Dr. Koenig says.

www.newsmax.com...
Read more: Studies Prove the Healing Power of Prayer

www.psychologytoday.com...

You are missing out on a lot if you think a grain of sand is just a grain of sand.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Joecanada11

And for the third time in a row you IGNORE YOUR CONTRADICTION OF THE EARTH AVIDETH FOREVER.

No. I'm not ignoring it. I just need to make sure you understand what is meant by sunrise and sunset.

As for the earth remaining forever - what's so difficult about it?

God created the earth and since He is a living God who "abideth", remains forever then why not his creation? That's his promise! That it will remain forever.

As to science - when it's true science, the Bible is 100% correct.

There will be a new heaven and a new earth
the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm not believing what anyone else told me.

Then why are your arguments and expressed ways of thinking so incredibly familiar to me?

I wonder...

May repetition have something to do with it? Countless repetition of the same arguments and ways of thinking by the society around you (tv, internet, social media, magazines). If you could only see the patterns in your own behaviour and argumentation, you'd not be saying that. Then again, you'd wake up so you'd probably stop believing many of the things you believe and argue for right now.
edit on 23-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Who created them?

I think you're looking at it all wrong. People make up those laws based off of what we observe and then document with our abstract use of symbols and language.

Plants don't produce based off of laws like the way we use them. Nature just is and does. We are the ones making things into laws. Many of which aren't exact either but are still close enough so we can accurately rely on them for what we are doing.

question is, why must there be a conscious agency behind the laws of physics? there is no evidence that suggests this to be the case.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: truthseeker84
I stopped the moment I saw the scripture being quoted again...

LOL same here... if the Bible is the real holly book, why does it have so many contradictions?
And if a God made us, why create us with so many imperfections?

Maybe he didn't.

Maybe so we would grow, learn and find the answers.

Greater things shall you do.

Could we soon REVERSE death?
clinicaltrials.gov...

Is meditation key to a youthful mind? People using relaxation technique 'have brains 7 YEARS younger'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... fF2hf80
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seems to me the open-minded ones are closing their minds to the many possibilities.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join