It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Once again this is all just mental gymnastics and back pedaling and excuses for the inconsistencies within Biblical mythology. Which isn't supposed to happen and according to the believers isn't really happening, even though it is.

All Glory goes to God for all of mans great accomplishments while all the Shame be on Man for all the Evils in the world. This is the mindset of some Believers that I don't understand.

Here you make excuses for God's Creation of Man who becomes so wicked as to require the complete destruction of all living creatures on the earth along with man. How that could somehow be Man being responsible and not God is insane.

Man didn't create himself upon the earth to become evil. Not according to the Bible. God did.

So to say God is not responsible for Man and what he does is completely opposing Genesis 6-6 where it says:
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That's nothing but opinion based on a book which has countless contradictions with not only itself but also with modern science.

You state That the state of mankind changed after the fall. That's purely speculation based on a 3,000 year old story. No scientific evidence at all.

As I stated before the flood story is nothing more than a good story. There's no way that over 200,000 species of birds , mammals insects and reptiles would fit on the ark. Never mind feeding them for over a year.

Where is god now? Why doesn't he help humankind by making his presence clearly known. He allegedly made himself known before so why not now. Why leave mankind in the dark? It's faulty logic to take the bible as literal history.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Also one thing I find very strange about that scripture particularly is why wipe out all the animals as well? What were they guilty of ? God sure isn't very benevolent when considering this and hundreds of other scriptures.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Well that one's easy...

The bible says all the animals on the earth are here for us... So IF humans get wiped out theres no need for animals anymore...

Not saying its right, but thats the idea given in the bible

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
Also one thing I find very strange about that scripture particularly is why wipe out all the animals as well? What were they guilty of ? God sure isn't very benevolent when considering this and hundreds of other scriptures.

I know. It makes no sense.

Yet somehow of course Noah is still good apparently as is his wife and kids. As well as all the animals who are soon to be on the ark.

Seems we're all just insignificant to God unless of course you're his favorite. There must have been innocent children too even if all the adults were evil. None of them seem to get a pass either.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Don't get me started on the amount of innocent children God ordered to be mercilessly slaughtered. The fact that anyone can read some of those stories and still say God loves us is beyond reasonable.

Of course as usual the OP abandoned this thread with all the evidence piled against it. But I'm sure there will be another "God is the answer to everything " thread soon enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Once again this is all just mental gymnastics and back pedaling and excuses for the inconsistencies within Biblical mythology. Which isn't supposed to happen and according to the believers isn't really happening, even though it is.

All Glory goes to God for all of mans great accomplishments while all the Shame be on Man for all the Evils in the world. This is the mindset of some Believers that I don't understand.

Here you make excuses for God's Creation of Man who becomes so wicked as to require the complete destruction of all living creatures on the earth along with man. How that could somehow be Man being responsible and not God is insane.

Man didn't create himself upon the earth to become evil. Not according to the Bible. God did.

So to say God is not responsible for Man and what he does is completely opposing Genesis 6-6 where it says:
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

In the words of the immortal (only good line ) lex Luthor.

If god is all good, then he can not be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good...
edit on 23-4-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

In the words of the immortal (only good line ) lex Luthor.

If god is all good, then he can not be all powerful, but if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That is the only rational way to look at it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Said the mortal man created by him...
who can't even comprehend him...
yet assumes to understand him...
as he passes judgement on that which he does not understand...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I wasn't created by god. I was conceived by my parents. They from their parents and on and on.

I claim not to understand god. I don't believe in him. I claim the bible contradicts not only itself but our current knowledge. It's not too hard to understand.

I can understand the bible just fine. I understand it enough to know it wasn't created by anything other than a bunch of men. Men who believed they had a special relationship with a creator. I believe they were wrong and because they didn't have the knowledge we currently have they attributed natural phenomenon as divine.

I understand that many of the rules and laws of the bible were wrong.

Your defending a book that said it was okay to own humans as slaves, that if you raped a virgin girl you could pay her father 50 shekels and make her your property. A book that claimed women were created for men and they were to submit to the authority of men. A book that required people to be stoned to death for working on a Saturday or loving a member of the same sex. A book where an all powerful god loved the smell of animal sacrifices. That's not a book written by a supreme being it's written by supersitious and ignorant men. But justify all those horrible things in the name of god.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Added info

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

If you believe that men don't lie and at times claimed God said so wrongly...well you are fooling yourself...
You said it yourself it's a book written by men not God... I have never said God wrote the bible...As for sacrifice... Jesus was a man... I'm sure he loves the smell of a good BBQ...I'm sure man failed to understand God back then just as now and it is evident in the old Testament... But so is taking everything literally...
When it comes to the teachings of Christ it is clear he was not ok with all of it either... And his teachings are much easier to understand...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I cannot completely dismiss the possibility of god. That would be foolish. I also believe Jesus existed and was a mortal man. He taught some great things. But the bible as a whole to me isn't the supreme book so many claim it to be. As the OP did citing its 100% scientific accuracy.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Even science books are not 100 percent accurate if you wait a few years... But there was definitely some good science in the bible...
I'm happy to hear you are at least open to God being possible...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Are you a bible literalist?

Ya know, the supernatural is not bound by the laws of nature, like we are.

God created everything and as far as I know, He can do whatever and however He wants.

I think I'd be a Bible Skeptic most likely.

If your God did in fact create everything and your God is the Christian God then he's basically said to be infinite and all powerful so that would make sense that he could do whatever he wants according to your beliefs. Which is fine if that's what you want to believe.

I'm not convinced that is accurate however.

What I posted is exactly what I believe. God made everything and He can destroy it, change it, ignore it or create more.

Whenever, however, why ever.

But He has always kept His promises, no matter who liked it or not.
edit on 4 24 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Didn't keep his promise to Moses did he...

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Agartha

Did God make a mistake ?

First he creates mankind. Mankind goes wrong and apparently became evil ( some say fallen angels mated with Human females ) and God decided to destroy mankind. Thus the flood. But then mankind became evil yet again. So if we believe the flood story to be truth then of course god made a mistake. The flood had no purpose as mankind didn't stay sinless after the flood.

Then God gave the laws to Moses and the Israelites. But they couldn't follow the laws. So God waited some two thousand years and sent Jesus apparently. If we believe this to 've true then again why would an all powerful and all knowing God bother with the laws and the Israelites knowing he would have to send Jesus?

why would he bother with humans at all, knowing he would have to send his own kid (who is actually himself) to the chopping block?

The Reptilians didn't work out, obviously.

Imago Dei, man is made in the image of God.

"It was only because man had been created in the image of God that the Second Person of the Trinity could assume human nature" _Anthony Hoekema (theologian)

edit on 4 24 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

What I posted is exactly what I believe. God made everything and He can destroy it, change it, ignore it or create more.

Whenever, however, why ever.

But He has always kept His promises, no matter who liked it or not.

You're entitled to your beliefs. I just don't agree with them. I probably have some beliefs you wouldn't agree with either. As long as our beliefs don't become a problem for each other then we should get along just fine.

We could even discuss our beliefs if we so choose for whatever reason. Sometimes it ends up being a good thing and sometimes not.

Are those promises you talk about promises to you personally or are they biblical ones???

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So why let the dinosaurs have dominion over for earth for hundreds of millions of years. Was God just thinking about what he would do with man.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Didn't keep his promise to Moses did he...

What promise did God break to Moses?

Did Moses get into the promised land?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join