It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: UKTruth
The proposal could 'cause enormous damage to the Mexican economy' - erm, yes, that's the whole point. Is Obama really that stupid and weak?

If Mexico hurts, we hurt.

Why is it so hard for Americans to realize the world is larger than just America? We don't rule the world, and we have to play "the game" with other countries. We don't just get a free pass to run around doing whatever the hell we want.

I'm glad people who understand global economics and foreign policy are in charge.

Why is it so hard for you to realize that America is not big enough for the whole world?

What? So Americans should apologize for what Americans created and just give it all away to everyone else?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

Dude, we're the left.

What's the solution to Mexicans sending away our money?

Print more. They might run out.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostythesnot
a reply to: frostythesnot
You see how dumb this is? I'm sure all of you Americans would love to work in a field, not only does he want to build a wall he's also talking about sending them back. Let's all see how long we can survive with out them.

Seems like we survived just fine BEFORE them.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Just for S&G ... can anyone point to the Constitutional mandate that would empower President Trump to do any of the BS-nonsense-bogus-BS he keeps tossing out to his adoring fans ... either generally or specifically as regards this question?

I mean, as I've personally witnessed many participating here claiming that every decision that Obama makes is tyrannical/despotic/communistic and unconstitutional?

Thank you kindly in advance.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have been abroad for 5 years now. I have a credit union account now and a bank account previously. Both of them drew an immediate red flag and frozen when used abroad after the first time. I had to call them to have the flag removed.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Ummm...Oh my God...is that you again Mr Hoff...Well Jack...the inventor of the algorithm designed to steal votes... thank you for your efforts to bring about immersive targeting malware as well...Kudos for that...BTW...
You must be a fave at NSA/Homeland Security parties...

Yet...you cant even begin to imagine a ground penetrating radar/seismic sensor...Wall-E...bot that roams along the wall on the inside...BEEP...there's a tunnel excavation...He's a cheap little guy...but with his on board GPS and telemetry he gets the job done...
He's also powered by electricity from the 2,000 miles of solar cells lining the top...While his little aerial cousin bot drones launch to visually inspect...all while summoning enforcement...

YAWN...obviously your only concentrating on the remittances...or the "one time payment"...while clearly not considering the trade rebalancing through tariff and taxes on all goods from those companies that thought they'd take advantage of the slave labor...all while cancelling the BILLIONS of dollars in foreign aid sent to mehico...etc...etc...

And here I thought you were the smart one...although that...

you're racists

quip there at the end of your opining was a tell tale jewel...don't you think...?

Oh...BTW...it's Illegal Alien Immigration we don't care too much for...By we I mean every single other person that entered the country LEGALLY...no matter the country of origin or race...

Talk about fighting against ideology...

YouSir
edit on 6-4-2016 by YouSir because: I left my tag off...

edit on 6-4-2016 by YouSir because: I just hadsta...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Then how would that effect Nevada and Wyoming, those tax haven states for foreigners?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Teikiatsu

1) No, it's racist because we're not building a wall along Canada also

2) Keeping people out is a whole lot easier when NOBODY is allowed to enter.

3) Are you purposefully ignoring a wall does nothing against a tunnel and a man that owns a construction company wants to build it? You really want to pay for this?

Millions of illegals aren't pouring across the Canadian border, so that example flies about as well as an airplane flying to D.C. with a witness that will testify against a Clinton.

Ask Isreal or Area 51 about tunnels and ground sensors. Another Clinton witness.

Hmmm...an American construction company. Think of all the jobs created. Who is this Clinton person?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Just for S&G ... can anyone point to the Constitutional mandate that would empower President Trump to do any of the BS-nonsense-bogus-BS he keeps tossing out to his adoring fans ... either generally or specifically as regards this question?

I mean, as I've personally witnessed many participating here claiming that every decision that Obama makes is tyrannical/despotic/communistic and unconstitutional?

Good questions.

I'd like to add another to the mix: What has happened to the "conservative" principles many of these people seem to cherish so much?

Conservatives are supposed to be about fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and a free market. All of the sudden they are all for spending foolishly, raising taxes and tariffs and screwing with free market exchanges.

Very telling, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wall won't do any damage than the Bush-Obama Imperialism has done

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Dude, we're the left.

What's the solution to Mexicans sending away our money?

Print more. They might run out.

Dude, who is "we?" It certainly isn't you and me if it pertains to the left.

As I said in a different thread, I lived in China for 2.5 years. It is a requirement that you be a citizen to send money out of the country. I tried. That is what I was told there by the Chinese bank that had one of the few western union's.

It isn't difficult. Either you have an ID showing you are a citizen or no money sent. Also, there are ways of getting around it. I had my Chinese assistants send money via WU for me to my wife and son. You can have an account and mail an ATM card abroad and have it approved for international transactions.

Personally, I think requiring citizenship to send money would put a big dent in it, but wouldn't be a total cure.

Another thing I witnessed in China several times was Chinese government officials going to businesses and checking the credentials of foreign workers. Get caught there and you get a big fine, possibly jail, and certainly a one way ride out of the country.

Imagine that? They were actually enforcing the law. Don't tell me that it would be impractical in the U.S., when China has by far more population.

Oh...how about this...

I am currently in the Philippines and guess what? It is illegal for me to work here. I would have to prove I am legal to work here. I can own a business, but not the property it is on. I also have to pay to stay here.

I think it would take a comprehensive approach to deal with several different points (no, I am not trying to sound like hillary). To me, if the laws that were on the books right now had been enforced, then we wouldn't be where we are right now.

On a side note...

Keep the racist crap out of it. Makes you sound like a bigot

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Good questions.

I'd like to add another to the mix: What has happened to the "conservative" principles many of these people seem to cherish so much?

Conservatives are supposed to be about fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and a free market. All of the sudden they are all for spending foolishly, raising taxes and tariffs and screwing with free market exchanges.

Very telling, in my opinion.

Did you just wake up, Rip Van Winkle? This has been a conservative issue for decades now, illegal immigration, that is.

Speaking of the wall, too, guess who voted FOR the wall that was largely completed already? Yep...way back on 2006...yep...both Bernie and Hillary voted for it.

Now that Trump brings it up...what an idiot he is. And all those adoring fans are bigoted racists. Haha...if you follow the Bern or the walking shill, then guess what? They actually voted for it. Trump is just talking about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gator2001

Speaking of the wall, too, guess who voted FOR the wall that was largely completed already? Yep...way back on 2006...yep...both Bernie and Hillary voted for it.

Don't guess you'd care to uh ... back that up with anything eh?

You know. Facts?

Also, it's patently absurd that only "Conservatives" are concerned about illegal immigration, but you are, by and large, the most hypocritical about the solutions.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Did you just wake up, Rip Van Winkle? This has been a conservative issue for decades now, illegal immigration, that is.

Of course illegal immigration has been a conservative issue, but why do they throw-out fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and free trade when it benefits their agenda?

That was the point being made. Did you miss that?

Speaking of the wall, too, guess who voted FOR the wall that was largely completed already? Yep...way back on 2006...yep...both Bernie and Hillary voted for it. Now that Trump brings it up...what an idiot he is. And all those adoring fans are bigoted racists. Haha...if you follow the Bern or the walking shill, then guess what? They actually voted for it. Trump is just talking about it.

If true, they are just as stupid as Trump.

I don't know what bigotry and racism have to do with me, though. I've never said anything to that effect. Is that an assumption you are projecting on to me?

Also, do you assume that I support Hillary or Bernie? Have I said anything about that as well?
edit on 6-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

And you're still literally a moron for building a wall over a tunnel. It's not rocket science, and it's not algorithms. A wall is the worst logic to prevent anything. The wall is in your mind clearly and your mind is made up you want to build one.

Again a minefield would be more superior, but you have to defend your backwards logic with your backwards morals and claim that you wouldn't rather kill people trying to enter, but you'd be the first person to send someone to Mexico solely on the color of their skin, and nothing sounds more Left than the entitlement you guys have to this Tax money.

I mean seriously who do you think put that Tax money there? The Left...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sargeras

The proposal could 'cause enormous damage to the Mexican economy' - erm, yes, that's the whole point. Is Obama really that stupid and weak?

In a word.... Yes!!

Obama is the worst negotiator of all time, has no concept of leverage in deal making and has no spine.... Cough " Iran nuke deal" cough...

Destroy the Mexican economy and there will be more and more people flooding in to this country.

Do you know what that would mean?

Not if they couldn't get in.

They better ban shovels on the border then

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If a illegal trys to send a WU then they should be held and turned over to ICE.
I dont care if they got a family back home. same as they dont care about mine.

I haven't seen any evidence that they don't care. If they had a decent path to citizenship, many of them, probably most of them would be citizens.

You don't care about their families? A boy with asthma dies from an asthma attack because his mother had no money to buy proper medication and you don't CARE? Because Donald J. Trump told you it was okay not to care?

I know this is a dramatic representation, but it's what concerns me about the lack of screening, and making it a blanket 'rule'. YOU PEOPLE (yeah, I said 'you people" lol) are always harping on about government invasion into private lives, and yet you want to do something like this?

You don't need a President, you need a KING and your might just have one with Mr. Trump. Good luck with that.

Of course I'm not in favor of abandoning the border and letting anybody and everybody in. But we DON'T.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hey man, I agree with the ID part for remittance.

But why not just fix the issue?

Maybe more Mexicans would legally enter if they weren't met by boarder patrol with shotguns. Unless you can afford a plane ticket, you probably die before you can find "the office".

Incase you're unaware, ALL of the requirements to immigrante require BEING here first. You aren't just mailed a USA ID and you're good to go, you file the paperwork in Phoenix. It's literally the honor system anyway. What you're pissed someone BROKE THE HONOR SYSTEM? Then address the cause.

edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obama going after this is ironic since his own policies over the last 7 years are obvious failures.

What failures?
Seems to me Obama has done a pretty good job compared to his predecessor.
I find it pretty funny that so many complain so much about Obama when their lives have only improved over the last seven years, or at least not gotten any worse than they were under Bush.

Yes, lets pretend Bush DIDN'T bail out his corporate buddies.
Lets pretend Bush DIDN'T take America into two expensive (and borderline illegal) wars.
Lets pretend Bush DIDN'T oversee massive expansion of domestic spying
Lets pretend Bush DIDN'T oversee the use of black sites and massive torture
Lets pretend Bush DIDN'T create the Patriot Act,
And, lets pretend Bush hasn't been described as a war criminal, along with his friends, by potentially millions of people around the world.

Yes, that evil Obama has done so many horrible things, like:

Ended DADT,
Pass same sex marriage,
Pass protections for LGBT people in federal employment,
Created affordable care for everyone,
Furthered peaceful dealings with Iran,
Brought Cuba in from the cold,

Along with plenty of other things that you're well aware of but will choose to ignore for your own ideological reasons.

I think Trump may be on to something else with the whole "remittance" issue.

I think Trump is telling the most simple minded American what they want to hear, just as many politicians do. The only difference with Trump is that he doesn't even try to flesh out his bs with actual facts or any form of reality, he doesn't need to with his idiotic voters, just encouraging them to chant "USA! USA! USA!" like deluded cheerleaders is all he needs.

I never believed all these people here in the U.S. that send money back to Mexico while keeping themselves in "poverty" like conditions is realistic.

Faith versus reality, that's dangerous.

Obama is just campaigning for Hillary on this one.

We really need a facepalm icon.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Dude, racists don't know their racists. It's okay for you to justify it with numbers, but THE FACTS are that there are ILLEGAL Canadian residents too. Proof you're racist? You never complain, because you don't notice, BECAUSE THEY'RE WHITE.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join