It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: frostythesnot
You see how dumb this is? I'm sure all of you Americans would love to work in a field, not only does he want to build a wall he's also talking about sending them back. Let's all see how long we can survive with out them.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When I was traveling Mexico I knew some people that had money sent to them, but they used their ATM cards to take it out of the banks so someone in the US had an account they were putting money in.

I am just wondering if Trumps little plan is going to make things harder for me when I am traveling out of the country.

The more I here about Trumps ideas all I can see is less freedom more regulations and bigger government.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah its 17 to 1, $1 here is 17 pesos.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To deny ignorance, I will say this. The border wall is completely impractical. Just do a search for drug border tunnels. You will find over 100 separate stories since 2007 I believe! Trump's border wall will NEVER stop all of the tunnels with dope trains from Mexico. Those are loaded with mostly meth and heroin. The marijuana is becoming far less profitable for the cartels... Which is a very good thing in my humble opinion.

Edit to add: It would be better to use equipment to find the tunnels and explode them or demolish them in the most efficient way possible. That's if I believed the border tunnels were run EXCLUSIVELY by the cartels. We know that's NOT the truth!
edit on 4/6/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You have to wonder who gives Trump these stupid idea's. Yeah great idea, tick off Mexico. What could they possibly do about it. Its is not like a growing power in Asia would turn down a new best friend right on the US border. And Trump does not seem to know that do to a little thing call production sharing with Mexico are trade with them is actually a on the positive side of the trade equation. Mexico has bought more than a trillion dollars from the US since 2010 and 14 million American jobs depend on that trade. What could go wrong? Other than massive job loss in US and Chinese military bases in Mexico. I am not is Trump is stupid or he just says stupid things because he thinks his supporters are stupid. Thank God he has zero chance of getting elected.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I call it lack of knowledge or a desire to understand how geopolitics and international trade actually work.

It's just easier to act like a confident bully, my guess at least.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
When I was traveling Mexico I knew some people that had money sent to them, but they used their ATM cards to take it out of the banks so someone in the US had an account they were putting money in.

I am just wondering if Trumps little plan is going to make things harder for me when I am traveling out of the country.

The more I here about Trumps ideas all I can see is less freedom more regulations and bigger government.

All the banks I know of, make you inform them when you are going out of country so they can deal with your CC's and ATM cards.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

To deny ignorance, I will say this. The border wall is completely impractical. Just do a search for drug border tunnels. You will find over 100 separate stories since 2007 I believe! Trump's border wall will NEVER stop all of the tunnels with dope trains from Mexico. Those are loaded with mostly meth and heroin. The marijuana is becoming far less profitable for the cartels... Which is a very good thing in my humble opinion.

Edit to add: It would be better to use equipment to find the tunnels and explode them or demolish them in the most efficient way possible. That's if I believed the border tunnels were run EXCLUSIVELY by the cartels. We know that's NOT the truth!

First of all, do you think the tunnel builders will just let anyone through them?

And I think a tunnel exit is easier to find than 1000mi of open border crossing.

Doesn't matter who runs them, blow them up.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

All the banks I know of, make you inform them when you are going out of country so they can deal with your CC's and ATM cards.

I am with a credit union and SunTrust I never needed to inform either when traveling. Maybe that is your bank's rules.

For Trumps little plan to work then he would have to do something about using ATMs. Will it be just for Mexico or does he plan to deny ATM service all through Central America.

I don't think he gave much thought to his little plan.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I never believed all these people here in the U.S. that send money back to Mexico while keeping themselves in "poverty" like conditions is realistic.

Believe it. I personally live in a border state. I travel to Mexico multiple times a year and my wife is Mexican, and all of my in-laws are Mexican, on both sides of the border. Most of them come here specifically to send money back home. Of course there is no way to track this, but in my experience this is exactly what they do. I used to work at a very popular restaurant, and 95% of the culinary staff was from Mexico. People would sporadically disappear, and then come back a few months later to build another nest egg.

Very hard working people. They make sacrifices that most Americans refuse to do. Most of them are also working non-stop the entire time they are here.

People like to blame the illegals, or now I guess the Mexican government, but really the only ones to blame are the scumbags in D.C who do not want our borders secure.

And just a side note, all of the "legal" Mexicans I know look down on crossing over illegally. The viewpoint they hold is that "if we can come over legally, then so can they."

I am white by the way. Please immediately call me a racist and a bigot, or else this isn't modern America.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I know a lot of immigrants here in SoCal. I think everyone I know is a "minority" or an immigrant.

In fact I don't even think I know any white people.

Anyway... All the legal immigrants I know from the Philippines and Vietnam or Japan or Mexico have the same exact feelings you state above.

But the Mexicans and Salvadorians will work for 10$ an hour for 25 years at the same job never expecting a raise. They will even become supervisers and managers still making 10$ an hour, happily I might add.

All jobs that would normal pay WAY more to an American born worker had the market not been devalued.
edit on 4/6/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I am with a credit union and SunTrust I never needed to inform either when traveling. Maybe that is your bank's rules.

Yeah, maybe since I am in asia.

You have to activate overseas withdrawal here first and set a daily limit.

My wife takes care of all that stuff anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Trumps response to Obama should be, 'if you let the boarder patrol and ice do their jobs we wouldn't have an increase in illegal immigration. If America followed its laws and punished Americans who broke then, then we wouldn't have a problem. Even Obama himself, breaks the laws on imigration. This is why we have multiple issues of lawlessness'

Or something like that

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: YouSir

It is what it is, and it's better than the extremes.

You don't burn a house down because it needs a new coat of paint. This appeal to extremes shows how shortsighted Americans have become.

Are things perfect? No.

Can the be fixed? Sure.

If the house just needed a coat of paint, we wouldnt be having this discussion many years later. The problem with said house is it has been eaten away from the inside by termites for many years.

Sure...go ahead and slap a coat of paint on it and see where that gets you...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Is that you Karl rove? Make it a democrat issue to distract. Play with somebody else.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Trump owns a construction company. You'd have to be dense not to see his conflict of interest.

Let's build it out of disintegration lasers. Everyone wins!

We'd get to develop new technology, no one would be stupid enough to climb it, and it would probably be cheaper than cement.

Hell, a minefield would be cheaper than cemet.

The wall would cost 17 billion and Mexico only pays 5!?! Don't they understand a wall works both ways!?! Such great Goverment spending choices...what do we pick?

Everyone knows they have tunnels....What's the point of a wall again? You guys are fighting against an ideology with your checkbooks. Just admit you're racists and vote against immigration
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, now you guys want bank regulations? Are you sure he isn't a democrat, seriously.

We agree with regulations concerning money transfers to other countries just the same as we agree with listening in on phone and text conversations that connect out of the country. The President has the right to regulate the interactions between the individual states and foreign nations.

The regulations we take issue with are the ones that encroach on the individual states internally, and the citizens in them.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Just admit you're racists and vote against immigration

1) So it's racist to want to enforce the law and benefit Americans first, including the minorities that are losing entry-level jobs to a shadow economy that doesn't need to pay minimum wage.
2) Why would we vote against legal immigration? It's illegal aliens and the administration that won't secure our borders that are the problem.

Please check out a new premise, this one is false, tired and ignorant.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: UKTruth
The proposal could 'cause enormous damage to the Mexican economy' - erm, yes, that's the whole point. Is Obama really that stupid and weak?

If the whole point of the wall is to cause damage to the Mexican economy wouldn't that encourage more illegal immigration into the US?

You can't use rational thinking with these people. When you're dealing with Trump supporters, you're dealing with the lowest common denominator mouth breathers. You can't expect these people to take future implications into account.

It was your leftist "rational thinking" that got the U.S. in this position in the first place. Good job! So, what's your plan to fix it, Mr. Rational One?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

1) No, it's racist because we're not building a wall along Canada also

2) Keeping people out is a whole lot easier when NOBODY is allowed to enter.

3) Are you purposefully ignoring a wall does nothing against a tunnel and a man that owns a construction company wants to build it? You really want to pay for this?
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join