It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Ummm...YAWN...Mr Hoff...please Jack...could you provide us with more entertainment than

you're still literally a moron

The wall is in your mind

your backwards logic

your backwards morals

claim that you wouldn't rather kill people trying to enter

you'd be the first person to send someone to Mexico solely on the color of their skin

Thank you once again for your eloquent display of superior intellect...
Also...please wiki the definition of caricature...

I'm sure there must have been some filler betwixt your poetic lines...however it all got lost in your ever so tolerant missives to me personally...which I might add have nothing to do with reality or anything I stated...Please Mr. Hoff.......Jack...for your own sake...put down the bong...

Do they smoke like that at the NSA/Homeland Security soiree's...?

Enquiring minds want to know...

YouSir
edit on 6-4-2016 by YouSir because: just because...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: YouSir

nothing sounds more Left than the entitlement you guys have to this Tax money.

This speaks for itself how backwards your party is.

Mexicans that don't pay taxes? That's NOT TAXES.

You're pissed because YOUR JEALOUSLY. So much gaff.

You would think you'd be ECSTATIC that THE LITTLE GUY is getting away with NO TAXES.

I can't even begin to describe all the illegal MILLIONAIRE MEXICANS I know doggin' the system- ZERO.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I see one side who wants an immigration policy of open borders or like Belgium or France

And another side who wants secure borders.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You're not funny. I do star people that can make me at least laugh at how ridiculous my comments are. Acting like I'm unaware of the irony of my stance, or that it has to do with intellect, or the CONSTANT personal jabs decredit most of the insignificant points you make.

I'm creating healthy discussion by providing a second side to this circle-jerk, and your constant theatrical attitude of drawing every comment I've ever made into it is distracting.

Consider if anything you said is revelvant, and when you want to talk like an adult, about the OP, reply.

I understand you were here first, but your content is continuously Stalker-Level-S###posting.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: gator2001

Speaking of the wall, too, guess who voted FOR the wall that was largely completed already? Yep...way back on 2006...yep...both Bernie and Hillary voted for it.

Don't guess you'd care to uh ... back that up with anything eh?

You know. Facts?

Also, it's patently absurd that only "Conservatives" are concerned about illegal immigration, but you are, by and large, the most hypocritical about the solutions.

Oops...I did make one mistake. I had looked this up previously and it was Hillary and Obama that voted for the border fence in 2006 (HR 6061). My apologies to Bernie followers. Bernie did in fact vote nay. My bad.

I didn't say only conservatives are concerned with it. I said it was a conservative issue, meaning conservative politicians use that as a hot button topic when it comes time to vote. It is my memory that those on the left do not do that. Perhaps I am wrong. Show me.

Me hypocritical? Because I choose to use my own head and think and not blindly follow what a politician says? Whatever floats your boat.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm down for either. But if we pick secure, I'm intolerant of bad ideas.

Standard laser tripwire would cost pennies compared to a cement wall that does nothing against tunnels and I'll be the FIRST to bet a Mexican figures out how to climb it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

Conservatives are the most hypocritical, not you personally (I don't know you) ... easiest low-hanging fruit to pick as evidence... constantly railing about smaller government, less intrusion into people's lives ... yet, constantly in favor of new laws/controls/regulations/invasions as long as it satisfies a prescribed "hot button" issue as fed by the right-wing media.

A little stretch up the tree but not much ... advocating for low-cost business practices (cheap undocumented labor) that maximize profits ... until one gets caught. (Not unlike the constant wailing about "family values" until they are caught, usually literally, with their pants down.)

Etc. etc.

Oh, and for the record THIS is not "a wall, a big wall, across the whole southern border" by any reasonable means:

Amends the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to direct the Secretary to provide at least two layers of reinforced fencing, installation of additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors extending: (1) from ten miles west of the Tecate, California, port of entry to ten miles east of the Tecate, California, port of entry; (2) from ten miles west of the Calexico, California, port of entry to five miles east of the Douglas, Arizona, port of entry (requiring installation of an interlocking surveillance camera system by May 30, 2007, and fence completion by May 30, 2008); (3) from five miles west of the Columbus, New Mexico, port of entry to ten miles east of El Paso, Texas; (4) from five miles northwest of the Del Rio, Texas, port of entry to five miles southeast of the Eagle Pass, Texas, port of entry; and (5) 15 miles northwest of the Laredo, Texas, port of entry to the Brownsville, Texas, port of entry (requiring fence completion from 15 miles northwest of the Laredo, Texas, port of entry to 15 southeast of the Laredo, Texas, port of entry by December 31, 2008).

HR 6061 109th Congress

To be more specific:

The US and Mexico share a common border of about 2,000-miles (3,200-km). As of February 10, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security had completed 651 miles of fencing out of nearly 652 miles mandated by Congress, including 299 miles of vehicle barriers and 352 miles of pedestrian fence.

www.globalsecurity.org

Hint: One version is somewhat reasonable and mostly completed ... one is ludicrous, absurd and unnecessary.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm down for either. But if we pick secure, I'm intolerant of bad ideas.

Standard laser tripwire would cost pennies compared to a cement wall that does nothing against tunnels and I'll be the FIRST to bet a Mexican figures out how to climb it.

Seismic sensors used in AREA 51,s fencing system work wonders on telling where a intruder is. and we could plant explosives along the ground under the wall to prevent digging.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Seismic sensors used in AREA 51,s fencing system work wonders on telling where a intruder is. and we could plant explosives along the ground under the wall to prevent digging.

What would the explosives be/do exactly?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Just for S&G ... can anyone point to the Constitutional mandate that would empower President Trump to do any of the BS-nonsense-bogus-BS he keeps tossing out to his adoring fans ... either generally or specifically as regards this question?

I mean, as I've personally witnessed many participating here claiming that every decision that Obama makes is tyrannical/despotic/communistic and unconstitutional?

Thank you kindly in advance.

I am not trying to argue with you, just trying to answer your questions. I am no constitutional scholar...that is a given.

I guess he would be given the same mandate as all the previous presidents. He could have a bill drawn up and push it through congress. He could also possibly (I dont know the limits to these) issue an executive order. Other than that, I dont know of another way a president can make things happen.

To be specific, are you referring to the wall and stopping muslims from entering the country temporarily? Those seem to be the most controversial to me. Any others?

These two ideas actually have presidence. HR 6061involved building the wall and Jimmy Carter temporarily haulted all Iranians from entering back in 1979, I think it was. What method he used, I dont know.

About Obama...most of that probably came from the Obamacare penalty tax, his extensive use of executive orders, and lack of transparency throughout his administration.

Personally, Obama is spilled milk at this point, to me. No use in crying now.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

If a illegal trys to send a WU then they should be held and turned over to ICE.
I dont care if they got a family back home. same as they dont care about mine.

I haven't seen any evidence that they don't care. If they had a decent path to citizenship, many of them, probably most of them would be citizens.

You don't care about their families? A boy with asthma dies from an asthma attack because his mother had no money to buy proper medication and you don't CARE? Because Donald J. Trump told you it was okay not to care?

I know this is a dramatic representation, but it's what concerns me about the lack of screening, and making it a blanket 'rule'. YOU PEOPLE (yeah, I said 'you people" lol) are always harping on about government invasion into private lives, and yet you want to do something like this?

You don't need a President, you need a KING and your might just have one with Mr. Trump. Good luck with that.

Of course I'm not in favor of abandoning the border and letting anybody and everybody in. But we DON'T.

AHem. let me be clear here. i MYSELF ALONE DO NOT CARE ABOUT A PERSON OR FAMILY WHO DOES NOT CARE FOR ME AS WELL. Notice THEY dont CARE ABOUT ME AS WELL. Its a two way street.

ALso i SAID THEY NEED TO SCREEN western union senders for LEGAL CITIZENSHIP and or GREEN CARDS/Drivers licenses and SS cards. You left that out of your quote. STOP CHERRY PICKING AND USE THE ENTIRE POST. Its Intellectually dishonest to not do so when its so short.

We already have a decent path to citizenship BUT... it CAN BE STREAMLINED by removing the DOLLAR BARRIER. W eused to allow citizenship for free IF they swore to be US citizens and integrate.

ALOT of ILLEGAL TRESSPASSERS from mexico/South america/and others do not want to be citizens and choose to game the system. THOSE are the ones we need to deport without mercy.

NOW i give you permission to split this post up BECAUSE its longer than my previous one if you so choose to do so.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I've already commented multiple times that a minefield in general logistically makes fare more sense than having any wall at all.

They're having trouble wrapping their minds about it though because, you know, I'm down for both and that makes me Anti-Trump.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostythesnot
a reply to: frostythesnot
You see how dumb this is? I'm sure all of you Americans would love to work in a field, not only does he want to build a wall he's also talking about sending them back. Let's all see how long we can survive with out them.

No this would finally make the farmers get off their buts and finally upgrade into the 21st century. alot of stuff can b e grown without soil these days. And the stuff that cant can normally be worked by machines. And Working in a field isnt so bad. ive done it before. Its good exercise too.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

You seem to be taking everything personally ... the post that you're responding to was addressed to everyone, not you.

Do you ever hear Mr. Trump talk about involving Congress? Does he talk about supporting legislation through Congress on any of these issues? If so, could you quote that, because so far, to my knowledge, he hasn't. He has repeatedly and consistently spoken as if the thinks the President is like a CEO who makes arbitrary decisions on his own that are unquestioned.

I refer to any of the 99% nonsensical dribble that makes up the average Trump Stump Speech.

What exists now, as I pointed out as a result of the legislation that you're trying to make equivalent to the Trump Great Wall nonsense, is border fence with surveillance equipment. Have you actually read what HR 6061 mandated? I linked it above.

Carter did not "ban all Iranians:" Snopes

In a broader context of an ongoing, direct conflict between Iran and the United States, Carter announced immediate sanctions on Iran, which included a cessation of diplomatic relations, a prohibition on trade, and assessment of previously-frozen Iranian Government assets. Along with several other sanctions, Carter ordered the cancellation of Iranian-U.S. visas and a moratorium on new visas, with exceptions for humanitarian and otherwise compelling situations.

For the record, Iran is a Sovereign State ... Islam is a religion. Not the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

A proximity mine. It kills you.

It's not like they'd be planted without warning.

They also have brand-new RFID proximites that self-disable if you have an American Helmet.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I've already commented multiple times that a minefield in general logistically makes fare more sense than having any wall at all.

They're having trouble wrapping their minds about it though because, you know, I'm down for both and that makes me Anti-Trump.

Well Im not talking mine field. We cant put up a DMZ unless we are at war with mexico. Im talking about remotely detonated anti digging charges placed about 10 ft below the walls Steel alloy base sunk into the ground. they dont go off automatically and require authorization to detonate. they are also fitted with sensors to detect digging. We cant have something that will just go off itself. Built in accountability.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So if we replace the illegals with hi-tech areoponic and hydroponic systems, that still doesn't give jobs back to Americans. One guy can operate an automated greenhouse.

Illegals are't stealing jobs, they're taking advantage of opportunities US companies and business owners are providing.

If people in America stopped hiring them, they'd stop coming here.

The fact is though -- America's economy RELIES on cheap labor to function. Americans would simply not be able to afford many things if the cheap labor went away.

What's ironic is Republicans have ALWAYS been all about cheap labor and somehow figuring out a way to get immigrants into the USA and working for peanuts. It's good capitalism!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The fact is though -- America's economy RELIES on cheap labor to function. Americans would simply not be able to afford many things if the cheap labor went away.

What's ironic is Republicans have ALWAYS been all about cheap labor and somehow figuring out a way to get immigrants into the USA and working for peanuts. It's good capitalism!

BINGO!

Free markets and sanctified corporate profits until proven otherwise!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I gotcha man, I just don't see the point of needing a wall. What are they gonna do, jump over them?

Mexico would allow it if it was closer to us than them. You don't need to build the wall along the border, to have a wall(of mines).
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Ummm...I could care less whether you star me or think I'm funny...
Now if you think that labeling people as...racist...backwards...insignificant...morons...because of a different viewpoint...is creating "healthy discussion"...then you are indeed a...caricature...

It was you that came to this site claiming the mantle of Elitism...
You have only served to prove that my initial instincts about you were valid...

Everything I have stated about you was your own voice...boasting...I simply wanted to remind our fellows what and who you are...

You have continuously labeled myself and those not in agreement with you...you impugned our character and made false accusations/representations...
Your words and tactics my friend...not mine...

Then you try to cloak it all in the mantle of ..."healthy discourse"...sorry..."in for a penny...in for a pound"...

Now then...I do have a penchant for..."tongue in cheek" in my responses...but that should only serve to illustrate that I don't take you or any other bot or person on this site that seriously...I post here because it assuages a certain aspect for entertainment...not enlightenment...

Lighten up...stop labeling and insulting people...
I actually think I'm beginning to like you...
When I think back on what an opinionated tightwad I was when I first joined...then I can certainly cut you some slack...

You'll eventually come to the conclusion that your never going to change anyone's mind about anything...and that it really doesn't matter...

If you'd like some honest healthy discourse...then I've been known to tread that path myself when the mood permits...

Beyond that...welcome to the playground...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join