It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's interesting that we keep hearing Trump knows nothing about foreign policy, when it always seems a week or so later the politicians (who apparently do know) seem to take his lead and start asking questions

Senators follow Trumps lead.

Not the first time it has happened. Immigration, walls, trade deals, Brussels... Trump seems to set the agenda or show foresight an awful lot for an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Your link seems to be dead.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's interesting that we keep hearing Trump knows nothing about foreign policy, when it always seems a week or so later the politicians (who apparently do know) seem to take his lead and start asking questions

Not the first time it has happened. Immigration, walls, trade deals, Brussels... Trump seems to set the agenda or show foresight an awful lot for an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Idiots follow other idiots all the time.

Ya know, birds of a feather.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ummm...and here I thought you were just going to ignore my posts...

You really need to learn to read the threads you comment in...there have been at least three people in this thread that have advocated either laying mine fields along the border...or using other explosive devices to collapse tunnels...with the tunnelers inside I might add...and or using some sort of trip mining...I was merely stating that I don't advocate any of those measures...

I hope your also aware that there are ground penetrating radars that you can rent...before you dig up buried gas lines and cables...you simply drag them along the ground...You also realize by now I assume that there are seismometers that are portable...I even have an app in my phone for that...
Hopefully you also realize how far along autonomous robot design has come...I also assume that you could guess that what I was speaking about was a small tracked or wheeled bot unit with those features...along with GPS and telemetry...

So no...not scifi...science and engineering...

The bot commentary was a response to other commenters in this thread that were questioning "how do you stop the tunneling under the wall"...I merely thought about a possible solution...and no...I didn't have to google it for factuality...I imagined a platform that could use existing technologies in combination...in the form of a small autonomous or strip guided self propelled bot to detect...locate and provide real time intelligence to help stop and apprehend the tunnelers...

I mean sure...google can be your friend...but I'd much rather think through a possible solution scenario to a complex question all on my own...

Matter of fact...I had a tracked snowblower that I was going to convert into a powered dump barrow...
the tracks...chassis...and drive mechanisms would work just fine for what I have in mind...the only difference is that I would exchange the gas engine for electric motors...you wouldn't even need batteries...I'll leave it to you to figure out where my thinking is headed on that question though...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: xuenchen

Is he referring to Western Union? That is how most remit the money to Mexico, wired. That is a private financial service company. How can he control it?

Obama says he (Trump) can not; however, the NSA can do anything they want (do they even need a Presidential order) just to have a little fun with Mexico (here is your bank account representing a Dollar Sign shaped pinata: EMPTY of spendable candy).
edit on 6-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
originally posted by: Gryphon66
originally posted by: gator2001

Gryphon66: Speaking of the wall, too, guess who voted FOR the wall that was largely completed already? Yep...way back on 2006...yep...both Bernie and Hillary voted for it.

If this wall was a WPA (work project administration) project started in the depression by FDR to put the nation back to work would have been completed by now (OH, you said FOR) my apologies. What is the problem everyone has with completing it? The majority of the uncompleted "border fence" is in TEXAS; why the resistance? Anyone care to take a guess at Mexico Texas politics?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What is taking more jobs away from Americans is outsourcing.

I don't hear people saying, "I lost my job picking strawberries and oranges to illegal immigrants!"

I DO hear, "I lost my assembly plant job to it being moved to Mexico or China.."

I mean, how many of you folks would work the same jobs as an illegal Mexican immigrant for the same wages they're being paid?
edit on 6-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Updated and repost here

There was an amusing comment in TheHill where a foreign policy analyst (who is not a fan) agreed with Trump and said 'from time to time a squirrel finds a nut'

Have to say though that Donald is finding quite a few nuts - he has a stash now.
edit on 6/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Dude, with satellites, drones and other tech -- we can keep an eye on the border without a stupid wall.
A huge wall is just some juvenile over-compensation thing ... that appeals to people insecure with their masculinity.
It's not unlike the tiny 4 foot tall guy driving a huge monster truck to try and earn "respect". Its sad, pathetic and ridiculous.

We do have eyeballs on the border; but cannot shoot those crossing with anything other than "marshmallow" fluffy goodness (no weapons systems yet exist; they may appreciate 'giant water balloons') drenching them: that might be legal; just putting out a fire while at the same time hydrating.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

Mystik: And on top of that, if we cracked down on employers and companies willing to hire illegals -- America wouldn't be such a tempting place to sneak into. How about we address the REAL ISSUE?

Lets; its those nice refugees carrying furniture, building materials or clothes on their backs that should be given the double shuffle; (sound much like Europe destined Sirians) those with the 80 pound suspicious multiple wrapped squares are another problem. An answer about the back pack to Border Patrol after being RESCUED: "But senior, this is my food to last the long journey".

Mystik: Let's make America not such a tempting place for illegals before we do moronic things like build a wall? Hm?
I mean, building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants is like getting liposuction every few months, and continuing to eat junk food. You're going to keep getting fat if you eat junk food. If you stop eating crappy, unhealthy food -- you wouldn't need liposuction to be skinny.

Most of the 'border fence' (keep out YOU drug runners, of course in Spanish) is built. Texas still has 700 more miles to be built. Part of the more serious problem is these 'refugees' are being being moved by smugglers at a very high price.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Teikiatsu

1) No, it's racist because we're not building a wall along Canada also

That's not racist, it's geographically accurate. If people were flooding the northern border then there would be talk of a wall there too.

2) Keeping people out is a whole lot easier when NOBODY is allowed to enter.

That is a true statement. Who is calling for that?

3) Are you purposefully ignoring a wall does nothing against a tunnel and a man that owns a construction company wants to build it? You really want to pay for this?

I was replying to your statement calling people like me a racist. I quoted your statement that called people like me a racist. That's pretty much all I cared to reply about. I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't think we need a HUUUUGE wall, but I do think we need to crack down on illegal immigration.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I don't hear people saying, "I lost my job picking strawberries and oranges to illegal immigrants!"

I DO hear, "I lost my assembly plant job to it being moved to Mexico or China.."

I mean, how many of you folks would work the same jobs as an illegal Mexican immigrant for the same wages they're being paid?

On sunday night we had a discussion on ATS with a self-proclaimed illegal alien from Mexico that was working as a brick layer for $20 per hour. Americans would work that job.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Then how would that effect Nevada and Wyoming, those tax haven states for foreigners?

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask Trump or one of his supporters. I would assume that money transferred out of one of those states from an shell LLC (sheLLC?) to a private account in Mexico would be taxed/blocked too.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Mexico is the new Corporate Slave State (totally legal this time)? What are Fords wages given to Mexican workers compared to Detroit UAW Union wages?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Updated and repost here

There was an amusing comment in TheHill where a foreign policy analyst (who is not a fan) agreed with Trump and said 'from time to time a squirrel finds a nut'

Have to say though that Donald is finding quite a few nuts - he has a stash now.

Thanks for a working link.

Here's a spitball ... What if the problem with NATO countries contributions were, say, well known and a continuing issue that Trump just happened to blunder into from one of the policy briefings he usually ignores?

What if .... eh ???

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

1) No, it's racist because we're not building a wall along Canada also

NO absolutely NOT. You DO NOT WANT to block the best source of 'Comedians' EVER (Canadians) on this planet from coming here to ply their craft (apologies to Graham Chapman (deceased), John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Michael Palin and the rest of the Monty Python Crew as are English) and cannot possibly blockade the entire Atlantic Ocean Seaboard from that kind of a particular British humor infecting the Canadian sense of humor we are accustomed to.

(post by F4guy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Making it about numbers only can make it racist. For example, I could just conjecture back, duh, their country has 4x[and that's a rounding error, if you even BEGIN to consider countries right behind it] the population of Canada. So we still need a Canadian wall, just a shorter one. :^)

Also I could argue that it has nothing to do with what you claim, and that your true motive is your checkbook, not legal immigration, and your stance is only thus because Canada has an enormous border, while Mexico is hellsgate.

To all the other stuff- fair enough.

Ps. I'm still nothing short of pissed only 1 personal addressed the actual tunnels, and now I have to go back and star him.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy
I am guessing you reside on an odd flora/fauna rich environment that was formerly a French Colony? Madagascar? Did you fly Phantoms?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Making it about numbers only can make it racist. For example, I could just conjecture back, duh, their country has 4x[and that's a rounding error, if you even BEGIN to consider countries right behind it] the population of Canada. So we still need a Canadian wall, just a shorter one. :^)

Also I could argue that it has nothing to do with what you claim, and that your true motive is your checkbook, not legal immigration, and your stance is only thus because Canada has an enormous border, while Mexico is hellsgate.

To all the other stuff- fair enough.

Ps. I'm still nothing short of pissed only 1 personal addressed the actual tunnels, and now I have to go back and star him.

...most of that didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'll respond to the tunnel if it makes you happy.

Tunnels are only be feasible/useful in specific areas. They would create bottlenecks. If we have a administration that is serious about border security then it should be easy enough to figure out where the tunnels are. Plus, from what I hear the wall will be underground as well, at least 6 feet, maybe 10. It'd take more than a shovel and some spare time.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Guzman had a mile long tunnel built in that jail cell *shower* long before he was captured. He was placed in that cell specifically to ESCAPE FROM. What if the jailers had by accident; put him in the wrong cell? Prepare for the worst and leave a pick ax and shovel hidden in EVERY cell (just in case of a flub-up).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join