It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smacks down Trump’s border wall plan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I live within 60 miles of the Mexico border.

I could walk to Mexico where I lived. Except, ya really don't wanna trigger any ground sensor.
Vans used to pull up on the canal in front of my house. People would get out and take off through the lemon groves.
I never had any problem. They never came on my property that I know of.

No border fence (or a wall one would perceive as immediately aware of). TALL, imposing. If I understand you this was just your *normal* day; nothing untoward, shocking or a causative for future PTSD medicare claims. Your lemon groves were the actual fence

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Our country is becoming plagued with extremist, everywhere I look "the left is eating itself" or the state is just becoming blood red.

Show me Texas. Show me where it's not fighting for more liberties and isn't endless hotbutton pushing.

I'm from Colorado. My belief is we're really the last two states left.

I'm pro gay
I'm pro women
I'm anti gun
But it's super clear to lots of people here and not some delusional fantasy that only conservative business practices will save us. We don't just dish out healthcate, we sling pot to cover the edges, and our tax setups are Top Blue. The state itself is considered purple all the time, and it's only because of business.

Texas is becoming pro gay and women by leaps and bounds and again, obtaining more freedoms than that, no matter how silly, they're the only ones trying. They believe they can change the system, that's pretty vital to the problem the country is in. Colorado is at least keeping perspective.

No, i don't think Texas should succeed, you'd be the only bastards left.
edit on 7-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

It's Murphy's Law. The goal isn't to set yourself up and experience it.
Bad things happen enough. Don't consider them.

The real goal is not to contemplate/consider ANYTHING material as valid (if a Buddhist Lama).
edit on 7-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Lol. Yeah. You basically f'd up at the point of conception.

If you think it, it will.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Lol. Yeah. You basically f'd up at the point of conception.
If you think it, it will.

This negative thinking should work also (as the exact opposite) affecting a POSITIVE outcome as well; ying/yang forces balance sort of thing? It could be entirely accidental. You thought you messed up but instead become a Super Hero (Marvel Comics Style).

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Seriously though, I meant a lot of that last post. What's frustrating is you guys have NO IDEA the impact "the wall" is having on states that have NOTHING to do with it. The establishment LOVES this newfound internal conflict and the implications go as far as hypnosis to mass hysteria. As the last blue talking to the last reds i want to PERSONALLY tell you:

This is in YOUR HANDS, NOT DONALD TRUMPS. Just never let him fool you of that.

I'm also an atheist(lol), but for the love of Jesus, Godspeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Gotta have a wall, that's all there is to it.

satellites, frikin lazer beams, mines. Meh.

satellites, really? lazers, solar powered? mines, I don't think they are allowed.

Wall

Patrolled by these guys,

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Annee

Wait? I said something we can agree on?

LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

What's frustrating is you guys have NO IDEA the impact "the wall" is having on states that have NOTHING to do with it.

Oh yeah!

Kinda like Pacante sauce made in NY City.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
originally posted by: Annee

imjack" What's frustrating is you guys have NO IDEA the impact "the wall" is having on states that have NOTHING to do with it.

Because IT (the ACTUAL wall) is to your 'minds eye' invisible (you can't conceptualize it or see it [too far away in distance]) so does not really exist anyway (no foul).

Annee: Oh yeah! Kinda like Pacante sauce made in NY City.

A Corona without a lime slice perched upon the collar.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'm also an atheist(lol), but for the love of Jesus, Godspeed.

How are you going to get away with that admission when asking entrance to the 'Pearly Gates' (I want to be there representing you as your Lawyer).

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Exactly again. The last person that should be saying how and when it goes down is the City Slicker who's been on every side of the block. It'd be a nail in the metaphorical coffin.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I'm in Laguna Vista right now. I get around enough in America to see her parts.

But ya I've never been to the wall. I crossed the border once, it must have been one of the "patchy" parts.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Lawyer

But then neither of us would get in :/

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I'm in Laguna Vista right now. I get around enough in America to see her parts.

But ya I've never been to the wall. I crossed the border once, it must have been one of the "patchy" parts.

You mentioned a virtual fear by others (it seems like the wall may exist but the actual idea of it engenders FEAR). Would this be like a boogy man in the closet or under the bed within ones own safety zone house? What is it about the 'idea of a wall' between nations is so unsettling? THINK THIS;" East Germany/West Germany: The Berlin Wall (iron curtain) existed". Say it as a mantra; it was real.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Exactly again. The last person that should be saying how and when it goes down is the City Slicker who's been on every side of the block. It'd be a nail in the metaphorical coffin.

We in SW AZ don't even relate to Phoenix. They're clueless. They might as well be New York City.

There is a fence:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

As in, things were getting better on their own, and then just like Bloombergs 12 million on gun violence, everyone couldn't stop thinking about guns.

A 10 billion dollar wall is a lot of racism we never had before.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Ah.

Neat picture!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Lawyer

But then neither of us would get in :/

Atheist vs Lawyer? You make a very good point unless the argument is The Universe hears case # docket # regarding entrance to heaven: "The Devil VS Daniel Webster". I won it and the appeals have run out.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join