It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Thank you for the welcome.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hahaha thanks for the welcome and the laugh

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Dear OP,

Run from this place. They think you're a terrorist and that followers of Islam want to convert or kill all non Muslims.

Clearly that does not apply to all of us.
Some of us have more than just double digit IQ's.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Hi thothful and welcome. I'm basically UFOs but do swing into other interesting forums. Can you tell me something about the tribes in Pakistan. Do the Pathans acknowledge that part of there ancestry is Jewish as in one of the lost tribes? Do they acknowledge this in private?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

1. Understandable because I know the issue of terrorism, Islam and young muslim males is at the forefront of the media right now. And as a result of that it is understandable to me that there is a lot of angst and anxiety about that.

2. Anyone "could" harm someone.

3. I'll stand behind when the opportunity is there. When we line up for prayer it is important to fill in gaps in the line which moves us forward. Some people always like to be as close to the front as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How do you feel about the movie "Don't Mess With the Zohan"???
Does it accurately depict muslims???

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome... I hope you havent had to many issues in America.

I know its anecdotal but... I grew up in a pretty redneck area... surprised me when I heard about a mosque going in at a small town near where I grew up. (I lived in the redneck area that town was white trash central) After all the hubub died down, havent heard of any issues... from either side, everyone seems to have gotten past the differences and are existing... hopefully one day in the future it will be peaceful co-existence.

Despite the the climate that the New media keeps painting I still think most americans of all faiths just want to be left alone to live their life as they see fit... and I cant wait for that day to arrive.

Once again... welcome to the rabbit hole.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
I figure that since I am a muslim male living in the West in my mid twenties, I can answer any questions you have. Ask me anything.

Why is it that all of Islam has allowed a few radicals to redefine the entire microculture? You have allowed the likes of ISIS and others to redefine, before the world, what Islam is and is about.

And even to this "second" you continue to allow these criminals, these Muslim "anti-christs" to hijack your faith, and turn it into toe worlds greatest evil.

WHY?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I don't know what the difference is between being a Muslim and Islam. Are you born a muslim and embrace Islam, sort of?

And welcome to the conversation.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

4. I think the West needs to stop supporting Saudi Arabia, that is where the root of Wahabism lies. I do not agree with them as they are very literal minded. I also believe that we need to have imams that are homegrown in the West at western mosques instead of importing imams from Saudi Arabia, or other foreign countries.

The Op speaks something I've posted numerous times about Wahhabism. People here don't seem to listen to that.

I think its drummed in them that Islam is one entity

IT IS NOT

It has so many schools of thought that I couldn't count them

But the reality is that the sole source of terrorism is Wahhabism

ALL the terrorist in jail, killed by drones, and ALL of ISIS, Taliban, Boko Haram, the nuts in Somolia ARE ALL WAHHABIS.

The Saudis are probably bribing the MSM to keep this hidden

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Why is it that all of Islam has allowed a few radicals to redefine the entire microculture? You have allowed the likes of ISIS and others to redefine, before the world, what Islam is and is about.

And even to this "second" you continue to allow these criminals, these Muslim "anti-christs" to hijack your faith, and turn it into toe worlds greatest evil.

WHY?

Hope the OP doesn't mind if I jump in.

The media and political fear mongering machine going into an election has redefined it, no the the OP. Your perception is redefined, not the members of that faith. Go to an Islamic country like Indonesia or Malaysia and not one person would agree with your statement. You believe it is hijacked through western eyes, but they do not within their daily religious life.

Pretty sure the OP has shown they are not allowing these criminals to hijack their faith, and are trying instead to show you what their faith means to them, you are the one hijacking their faith, not the OP.

edit on 1-4-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I hope thothful doesn't mind me commenting here. What exactly do you want him to do? He's doing something just by talking here. Do you want him to personally assassinate every radical Islamic leader?

I think I should point out America's history of support for fundamentalist wahhabism, and current diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia. I'm not saying America is 100 percent responsible for mideast terrorism, but as Americans we do need to acknowledge some responsibility.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Why does the Christian allow the Phelps cult to redefine them?
Why does the Catholic faith allow child abusers to redefine them?
Why does the Atheist allow Dawkins to redefine them?
Why does the American Conservative allow Trump to redefine them?

You seem to think that people who have something in common have some unspoken duty to keep other free people "in-line". How does one gain such a superpower?

I tell you, if I had the power to control the thoughts and actions of other people based solely on something we kind of vaguely might have in common, to a degree, I would probably be deemed a very dangerous man.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Why is it that all of Islam has allowed a few radicals to redefine the entire microculture?

Christians in America have done the same thing letting Fundamentalists gain control in politics.

While moderate Christians do speak up - - - they're not as loud as they should be.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Thabks for the welcome.

Islam is the name of the religion.

Muslim would be an adherent to the religion of Islam.

I would say I was born a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thanks for the welcome Irishhaf.

Yes I to hope we can live together in peace. And I agree I think most people come here and want to just be left alone in peace to worship what they believe in.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I am not sure if the Pathans acknowledge that. My grandmother on my fathers side was a Pathan but my grandfather descended from the Mughals.

There is a heavy tribal culture there no doubt. It's almost like different races of people. Especially in the northwest region bordering Afghanistan where tribal law basically runs free. Each have there own customs, my father and mother each seem to have their own various superstitions which do not really seem to derive from Islam but from the specific tribal culture they are from.
edit on 1-4-2016 by thothful because: For word "not"

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: imoverweight68

I saw that movie a while back and don't recall it. But I was pleased with Adam Sandlers performance, I appreciated that he was trying to spread a message of peace between Israel and Palestine.

That's really all I remember.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Was your username derived from Thoth the Egyptian Deity? And if so is it because you have an interest in the Occult?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join