It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It's the ability to use knowledge passed the senses and interpret with the minds eye.

But you can see the idea of the sun as the source of energy flowing thru the body causing the energetic body states that changes the mind eye due to increased awareness of the body thru all the sensors in a biological body including the third eye sensor package.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: VP740

Greetings VP740,

I am an American citizen, I was born in France and came here when I was almost 5. I grew up in the USA.

Hi OP,

Welcome.

What don't you like about the USA?

And you were born in France and came to the US when you were 5.

Have you ever lived in Pakistan?

For how long?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

I have been searched twice every single time I have ridden an aeroplane. But if thats what it takes to make a plane full of hundreds of people feel more confident being in the air with me I can put up with it.

You're a better man than I. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wow, so two take always from this thread.

1.) the OP comment about accepting two pat downs at an airport is an acceptable thing to make others feel better.

I don't know what to say to that but I'm sorry. Sorry you have to accept discrimination as a way of life but I get it. It's not just Muslims that get brow beat by ignorant Americans. I also find this statement true to your character as evidenced by your ability to handle really ignorant and inconsiderate members here.

2.) I'm really ashamed of ATS. I truly thought we were better than this. He's barely a young adult fresh out of college. Have some #ing respect guys.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i feel it is funny that people are asking questions as if they never met or seen a Muslim before.

sounds like you are getting stupid questions such as thoughts on 72 virgins etc.

From you groups of friends, brothers from mosques, families etc.
do they see through the media hype and understand its the west being brainwashed into thinking Muslims are bad and you guys have patience

or do they feel westerners are actually turning on them to the point they wont stand for it anymore?

im from UK and we have no racial issues here , we are very open and mix with everyone. Dont get me wrong Muslims tend to keep themselves to themselves more than other cultures, but i understand that.

it sounds like USA does Still have racial issues mainly down to ignorance i think. Not all Americans.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, it's interesting to read the opinions here and you're a gentleman in your responses.

I do believe that marriage is a religious institution

Just fyi, it's not.
Marriage existed before Islam or Christianity.
In addition, not everyone is of the same religious belief of course. In addition to that, what some call "traditional" marriage is about as specific as saying "last wednesday". Various religions have evolved in their thinking in various areas, including marriage. It was once considered okay for a gown man to marry a child. Obviously this is no longer acceptable.

The belief that marriage is a religious institution is just as wrong as claiming marriage is a specifically chosen "traditional" act from a specific time of preference.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
i feel it is funny that people are asking questions as if they never met or seen a Muslim before.

Perhaps this exposes the real crux of the problem when it comes to racism, xenophobia and anti-Muslim sentiment?
It's the same way with other groups of people, it's an ignorance borne out of a lack of exposure, a lack of knowledge, a lack of social involvement.

LGBT equality is a good example of this. I watched this unfolding in the 80's and 90's, as LGBT characters began appearing on TV in more rational representations. Up until this point most people never had LGBT people in their lives, so their ignorances were formed by a lack of involvement and a lack of information.

When LGBT people were suddenly living next door, on the TV, in movies, attitudes began to change because suddenly they actually knew someone.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Greetings ATS Community,

I have been lurking ATS for years. I discovered the site when I was still in college. I found some of the threads to be quite intriguing and soon found myself returning this site to browse during my free time.

Lately I have noticed a lot of threads about Muslims and Islam and the like. I understand that in light of recent events and prior ones my religion has again been in full view of the public consciousness and that there is a lot of angst and anxiety going around. I want to say that this is completely understandable.

I just want you guys to know that I wish no harm on anybody and am hoping to perhaps allay some fears. I figure that since I am a muslim male living in the West in my mid twenties, I can answer any questions you have. Ask me anything.

Also, I want to be as honest as possible, I am not the most pious person, I mean I go to the mosque every now and again but I'm definitely not the guy thats front and center standing right behind the imam at every single prayer lol.

Ask away...

Who won the football world cup in 1966?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dear OP,

Run from this place. They think you're a terrorist and that followers of Islam want to convert or kill all non Muslims.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Do you feel the same about armed white males since your more likely to be killed by them than a terrorist attack?

Of course not, you can't judge everyone by the actions of a few. Excuse me, I mean you can't judge all white people by the actions of a few.

As to the OP, good luck with your time here, you seem like a very understanding and patient person, those traits will be seriously tested here

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Thank you for the welcome

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

I am not sure but France won in 1998 and it was glorious!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I would say the people at the mosque generally do believe that the media generalizes them and a lot of time is spent discussing parts from the Qur'an that support non violence. Generally after a terrorist attack it's the first thing to be discussed.
I don't know if people are fed up over here. I guess the truth is that I am myself. So I try my best to reach out to other people who are not Muslim or middle eastern and just try to be a good person and participate in my community.
At least in my experience.

I have always wanted to see the UK. Maybe someday I will visit.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thothful

cool well if you come over hit me up, happy to show you around

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You're welcome and thank you for the kind words.

I am sure that marriage was here before Islam or Christianity and I understand that there are many forms of marriage.

I think the reason I believe marriage is a rooted in religious thought is because I believe that marriages end up lasting longer if both parties are believers in God. Marriage is really hard work, and honestly I am not married so I am speaking solely of what I have heard or been told, but I feel like it takes a force as powerful as religion, or a belief in God, to create a bond between people for long enough to raise children who will be of good upstanding character and act to support the existence of their societies. Without the religious aspect I feel like the marriage stands on a shaky foundation as each party is more subject to act selfishly, to me a belief in a God is a prerequisite to being able to act selflessly.

I'll say this, if gay men and women want to get married I will not stop them. That being said I have heard my fair share of anti gay language from individuals who share my religion and usually I try to use tact and change the subject. I don't want to say any mean things about gay men and women just to fit in.

I have known several gay individuals in my life and they have treated me fairly.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Hey Rosintiate, I have been lurking here for about 5 years now and I recognize your username because I have always found a lot of your past posts to be interesting.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Thank you for the welcome and for the kind words Rosintiate.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I have never been to Pakistan in my life. And it's interesting because my father goes once ever 6 months. He just came back actually.

But I know I will have to go someday and I can't keep avoiding it. Soon my father will pass and I will have to go there to deal with his land. My biggest fear is that he will die over there and not here, as I will have to go somewhere I have never been to carry out his funerary rites.

When I go someday, maybe I will remember to post on ATS my experiences there.

Thank you for your question.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Hello Cosmickat, thank you for the welcome.

Yes I do believe that the constant divisive rhetoric alienates young muslim males in the West, and causes the more weak minded of us to become easy pickings for extremists, who I think provide a type of loving father figure to them.

It is indeed a problem that I have tried many times to wrap my head around. And I still spend time trying to understand that psychology.

I feel like it is related to mass shooter attacks that are inspired by other mass shooting attacks which dominated media and therefore public consciousness in the past.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think the reason I believe marriage is a rooted in religious thought is because I believe that marriages end up lasting longer if both parties are believers in God.

I believe statistics would prove this to be a misconception.
Regardless of the religion of choice, there is no evidence to suggest that those who believe in God are any stronger in their marriage than those who don't.

Without the religious aspect I feel like the marriage stands on a shaky foundation as each party is more subject to act selfishly, to me a belief in a God is a prerequisite to being able to act selflessly.

Morality is not created by religious belief.
If it's suggested that to be good, kind and selfless requires a religious belief, how can one see the abuse by a Catholic priest, "honor" killings or the actions of ISIS as being selfless? These people believe in God, and they are certainly not morally superior in any facet.
Therefore it seems illogical to believe that those who have faith are somehow more righteous in their actions or behaviour when it comes to marriage.

I'll say this, if gay men and women want to get married I will not stop them. That being said I have heard my fair share of anti gay language from individuals who share my religion and usually I try to use tact and change the subject. I don't want to say any mean things about gay men and women just to fit in.
I have known several gay individuals in my life and they have treated me fairly.

I'm glad to hear it

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join