It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thothful

thank you thothful for you reply.
I asked because I have been thinking this way for a while now...but have never asked anyone of your faith before.
Kids can easily feel alienated ....and it can feel like they struggle to find their place in whatever society they are living in. For young Muslims living within a constant atmosphere of suspicion and hate. .I can see how some of them become easy prey for extremists.
Also your point regarding mass shootings..I agree that this also must become embedded into their consciousness and where there are mental and emotional issues....well we have seen many times how destructive the outcomes can be.

peace

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
@VP740
@Rocker2013

I never ceases to amaze me how people can fail to understand simple language...But, all three of you completely misconstrued my words...

Go to an Islamic country like Indonesia or Malaysia and not one person would agree with your statement. You believe it is hijacked through western eyes, but they do not within their daily religious life.

Probably true, and all the more reason to be fearful...because that will mean that the average Muslim agrees with the philosophies of ISIS and are dangerous people.

Yes I say it is being hijacked, but you mistake the "eyes" I'm using, for they are not "western" If they don't see what ISIS is doing to them and their religion, then perhaps that they should all go into the night, even if not quietly.

What exactly do you want him to do? He's doing something just by talking here. Do you want him to personally assassinate every radical Islamic leader?

Huh?!? What I want is for him and perhaps the rest to open their eyes and see what is happening to Islam...perhaps you could too.

And America's support doesn't even factor into the equation here...in fact it clouds the issues, and obfuscates understand.

Why does the Christian allow the Phelps cult to redefine them?
Why does the Catholic faith allow child abusers to redefine them?
Why does the Atheist allow Dawkins to redefine them?
Why does the American Conservative allow Trump to redefine them?

You seem to think that people who have something in common have some unspoken duty to keep other free people "in-line". How does one gain such a superpower?

All of you "stuff" above is a good example of a bad analogy!

Christians allowing "Phelps cult"...who the hell is Phelps? And, that should answer that part for ya...Phelps isn't.

The Catholics? Ask the Pope!

I don't think any atheists are allowing anybody to redefine anything. If they are, show me evidence.

Donald Trump is a phenomena all his own, the "American Conservatives" currently want little to do with him, and are fighting "tooth and nail" to rid themselves of "The Donald".

What is Islam doing? Little to nothing...over 2 billion Muslims, and only 100,000 or ISIS, and the world believes that virtually all Muslims are just like ISIS...and it doesn't matter if it's true or not...it is the general perception.

Again; Why are 2 billion good people allowing 100,000 evil psychos to determine how / what the world thinks of them? Or is it that all of Islam would rather see us infidels dead?

I guess there are always the words of another prophet...

I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him.
Liber AL vel Legis III:52

ETA: I make these comments, ask these questions because I don't like what I see happening to Islam. Islam a great and noble faith, and I see it being torn apart by liars who claim to be Islam...

edit on 1-4-2016 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

What I learned about religion as a child is that all of them think they stand apart from the rest of humanity. Even the worst of the worst of "their kind" is better than an outsider. Or someone who will never attain paradise or heaven.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Huh?!? What I want is for him and perhaps the rest to open their eyes and see what is happening to Islam...perhaps you could too.

And America's support doesn't even factor into the equation here...in fact it clouds the issues, and obfuscates understand.

He and I are both aware of what is happening in Islam (he's mentioned disapproval of Wahhabism). Are you American (your location is listed as north Texas)? If not I suppose you're right, American support isn't relevant to your comment. Do you not see the irony of asking a random Muslim why they allowed their religion to be hijacked, when your own nation was aiding the hijacking? Open your eyes and see what is happening.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yes it is. I have an interest in dreams and what they mean. I read somewhere that Thoth was the Eygptian God of the moon so when I made a username for the purpose of dream interpretation I used that name. I also have an interest in Alchemy and the Occult. I really like Carl Jung's Psychology and Alchemy. It's a fantastic work.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I think there is a lot of that mentality. Especially when you are younger, but as time goes on and you look more deeply into things it seems not to be that way.
As a young boy I was taught that Christians and Jews were known as the "People of the book," and they deserved a kind of mutual respect from us. Though ultimately their doctrines were not complete because of the revelations of the Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).
The focus was usually on those who worshipped idols and were not monotheistic, these were called kaffar. I don't think my religion is better than anyone else's to be honest. Though I do believe there is a fundamental difference in a person who believes in one all powerful God versus one who is polytheistic(though one could argue some polytheistic religions believe in one God that has many different aspects represented by the different gods.)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

No problem, and thank you again for your question

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I am not sure if the Pathans acknowledge that. My grandmother on my fathers side was a Pathan but my grandfather descended from the Mughals.

There is a heavy tribal culture there no doubt. It's almost like different races of people. Especially in the northwest region bordering Afghanistan where tribal law basically runs free. Each have there own customs, my father and mother each seem to have their own various superstitions which do not really seem to derive from Islam but from the specific tribal culture they are from.

The whole tribal culture in Pakistan is amazing. It captures so much of the cultures of India and the Middle East/Europe at the same time. Totally fascinating. I became quite interested in the Pathans years ago due to a fascination with the lost 10 tribes that must but out that way in some form of descent or other. They share so many traditions with the Jewish tribe that split from the other ten it's amazing. Even the names of the people descends from the lost tribes eg Yousefzai... Son of Joseph. It really does look like the Pathans at least in part are the descendants of the lost tribes of Israel. When I was in India I was shopping in a Kashmiri store in Mumbai and asked them if they were descended from the lost tribes, the guys chuckled and said "you need to meet the Pathans, they are the Jews." The Pathans are famed for their strength and keep many Jewish traditions alive, even though they are now (like nearly everybody out there today) Muslims.

So many tribes in Pakistan, some people look no different to the avarage Brit while some look so asian. Fascinated also by the Balochis. Are they supposedly from Syria? Very interesting traditions to them.

One day I aim to visit Kashmir, it looks so stunningly beautiful. Many peole I know where I live are of Kasmiri descent, families coming here fifty odd years ago from the aftermath of Empire. Lovely people.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't know if it is religion, but I think there is a beginning and an ending. We are born then we die. That makes all of us the same. Thank you for your perspective. It must be hard to reach beyond your circle.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NOT ISLAM, Wahhabism is doing this

I’m just glad the young fellow is aware who the enemy of Islam is, Wahhabism, and its ugly offshoots.

This must get out. The Saudis are bribing American media and the neocons to keep this hidden from the people.

Probably because if they knew what was really happening, like George Bush said, the people would hang us from the highest tree.

A jack ass like Bill Maher doesn’t ever make the distinction between ordinary Islam
And nutty depraved Wahhabism.

Just ask yourself this: where were all the terrorists 30, 40, 50 years ago.

Saudi Arabia was nothing then. They hadn’t spread their poisonous version of Islam as of yet.

I know, I was there at the beginning when they started.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

You seem to have a great attitude, and I appreciate you taking the time to build bridges.

I don't have a Muslim specific question, and frankly -- having just read the whole threat, I pretty much get the jist.

If I could ask you one thing, I suppose it would be about my passion: rock n roll music. Do young Muslim kids listen to loud, guitar dominated records (cd's, whatever)?

I like to think that rock is the universal language, but that is probably just my bias sneaking in.

Peace and happiness to you!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Fascinating. How do other muslims like yourself integrate The Occult into their beliefs? By that I mean other muslims who's beliefs and interpretations about the Quran are similarly aligned with yours.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcome!!

You've been lurking for a while... which forums/topics keep you coming back?

Me, I thoroughly enjoy the Aviation topics; and any info related to GMO foods, nutrition, medicine, etc; and anything economics related. There are a few threads where members post their astrophotography work,... love that too! And the newish History forum, along with thw Ancient Civilizations forum.

Also... where in the US have you lived/visited, and where do you most want to visit? Maybe we can give you some good tips :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
hello and welcome

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

This applies to all religions, not just Islam.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When all this terrorism evil blows over and I hope it does as soon as possible.

Muslims from all over the world will find out that the American people on the most part are great people, and Americans will find out about some great Muslims in history as well see that Muslims are on the most part great people too.

Whatever sinister forces are doing this, it is doing the work of the devil in dividing people and instilling fear and hatred and mistrust amongst us.

This is a great test for humankind

But I believe we'll meet this challenge, and I hope become a better race for it.

What were learning through this is the evil of sectarianism. Whether it’s based on religion or nationality.

When we learn two basic realities: That is were all one race, the human race.

And ultimately we have one religion, the religion of Love.

When we do learn this humankind will be ready to evolve to true greatness!

edit on 1-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: Teddy916

When I was younger I accepted Evolution. I took biology and a number of other science classes in a top university. But frankly I think that the theory is missing something. I can't say what. Here I'll say this I do not believe the world is 6000 years old. I believe that man has had a soul for that long, but before physical bodies were still working in tandem with the world around it. Then something happened, and man was able to go outside of the cycles of nature to create things and as compensation for this sin man(and woman) now have awareness of there own existence(a soul) and the ability to create things and contemplate higher ideas.

I am sorry if that doesn't answer your question. I just do not believe that all of this was the result of a bunch of random accidents.

In my opinion, I do not think religion and evolution needs to clash as much as people think they do.
It is entirely possible to believe in an original creator who set it all in motion and then it evolved.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

originally posted by: tanka418

He and I are both aware of what is happening in Islam (he's mentioned disapproval of Wahhabism). Are you American (your location is listed as north Texas)? If not I suppose you're right, American support isn't relevant to your comment. Do you not see the irony of asking a random Muslim why they allowed their religion to be hijacked, when your own nation was aiding the hijacking? Open your eyes and see what is happening.

Never mind, you are failing to see my point, and I don't feel like explaining it...perhaps you're not ready to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

That is how catholics see it. Mendel and Laimatre were both priests. (Genetics and big bang theory)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here and find it to be the great resource for research that I and many others have.

And while I'm sure you've seen and heard it all already and won't be bothered, I do sincerely hope the seemingly growing wave of intolerance lately - sadly even here on ATS - will not turn you away.

Thank-you for your openness and willingness to share your views.

Peace.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join