It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well guys I am going to take a break from the computer. Thanks for talking with me. I will check back later to see if anyone else has asked anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thothful
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You are the first person to catch that. I have been using Thoth in my emails and the various screennames for long time.

No I will not move haha. I hear Canada is nice however. But I live and work and pay taxes in the United States and am grateful to live here. I also have my family and friends here and could not leave. I would be sad. Frankly when I look at Donald Trump I do not think he will ban all Muslims. I think it is a bluff. He may end up becoming more neutral than most expect, that is just a guess however and I could be completely wrong and he is the next hitler haha.

If he became president I would be okay with it.

Gotcha!

We'll see how it goes, may the force be with us...
Glad we've met (besides your tedious tolerance-threshold for serious drumpfness), now I'm really looking forward to see you around.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Ummm...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
as long as you keep your religious beliefs in your home and mosque.....AND.....if you see something that may hurt innocent Americans, you report it immediately, you'll do fine.....
however, if in America, we start experiencing frequent bombings by Islamic radicals that are American born, or who have immigrated here, you should be very careful, because you will come under suspicion, guaranteed....welcome by the way, a fresh voice is always needed

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I absolutely believe you, but you can't allay the fears people have of Muslims because there are so many radicals within Islam. I don't know how to fix the problem. Even if I believe YOU are a good person there are simply too many evil acts committed by radicals for me to trust Muslims in general.

Do you feel the same about armed white males since your more likely to be killed by them than a terrorist attack?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Thanks for your answer.

And even if we probably not agree on religious topics, since i am an outspoken atheist,
i agree a lot with your view on how to behave when in another country: like a good house guest.

I spent about 8 months in two muslem countries and (like everywhere i travel) i tried my best to be a good house or country guest.

So I applied to the general rules on clothing, not meddling or even speaking to the other sex, did not drink alcohol etc. (fortunately the green was not haram in one region of one of the countries).

Another question: one of the most positive things i encountered was the amazing hospitality, everywhere i went i was invited for tea and lunch or dinner.

Now with the current war in syria and millions of refugees i am more than surprised that Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the Emirates are not taking in refugees from Syria.

Isn t that part of the Quran to help a fellow muslem out and provide him shelter?
And how do you feel about these countries and their politics on refugees?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
as long as you keep your religious beliefs in your home and mosque.....AND.....if you see something that may hurt innocent Americans, you report it immediately, you'll do fine.....
however, if in America, we start experiencing frequent bombings by Islamic radicals that are American born, or who have immigrated here, you should be very careful, because you will come under suspicion, guaranteed....welcome by the way, a fresh voice is always needed

What about suspicion about white armed males who have a habit of going on shooting sprees, is paranoia about them justified? Why or why not?

Most attacks on American soil are by armed white males and those are the facts.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: svetlana84

you have no clue if this guy is the real deal(its an internet forum) this can just as easily be a experiment or psy op, and it doesn't even have to be a conspiracy, it could simply be college students working on their theology masters.

True true.
And same goes for you, i have no idea who you are and what your motives and views are.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

...there is a lot of angst and anxiety going around. I want to say that this is completely understandable.

Why? Why is it understandable? From your perspective. Thank you.

I just want you guys to know that I wish no harm on anybody and am hoping to perhaps allay some fears.

So, for instance, are you saying in the quote above that it's understandable because you could wish harm on somebody but that you presently do not?

Trying to seek understanding of your statements here; help me out.

I figure that since I am a muslim male living in the West in my mid twenties, I can answer any questions you have.

Really? How is that possible? Sounds like you essentially grew up here. Are you an American? Or what? Are you leaving soon?

I'm definitely not the guy thats front and center standing right behind the imam at every single prayer lol.

During which ones are you standing directly behind the Imam?

Thank you kindly in advance for your answers.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've got a question.... not for the OP. Why does it seem like the OP is on trial here?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Because his OP is ambiguous and poorly written and comes off as a troll-post.

Some of it comes across as veiled threat.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to say hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Because his OP is ambiguous and poorly written and comes off as a troll-post.

Some of it comes across as veiled threat.

Just my 2 cents.

I have yet to see that. Why not just welcome new members, or don't and let the staff worry about that? This is NOT the ATS way.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Peeking under they covers, eh? We've been waiting for you!!

Welcome aboard.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

As you wish.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Nice hearing from you, thanks for joining us!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
DELETED
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: Tired of arguing with people who don't actually read what I type

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
DELETED
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: Tired of arguing with people who don't actually read what I type

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You deal with knee-jerk generalisations...you stir the pot and then desert your threads.

OP: Welcome aboard. hope you enjoy your stay.

edit on 31-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I just want you guys to know that I wish no harm on anybody and am hoping to perhaps allay some fears. I figure that since I am a muslim male living in the West in my mid twenties, I can answer any questions you have. Ask me anything.

I absolutely believe you, but you can't allay the fears people have of Muslims because there are so many radicals within Islam. I don't know how to fix the problem. Even if I believe YOU are a good person there are simply too many evil acts committed by radicals for me to trust Muslims in general.

And you just HAD to make that known to a new member? Nice.

I don't worry about feelings I deal with facts.

Try dealing in manners. There's a time and a place for your agenda. An intro isn't it. Have some respect for something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join