It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim male living in the USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Nihari or Haleem?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thothful

Welcome! Thothful like in the Book of Thoth? Sneaky!

Ask away...

Did you ever consider moving to Canada or South America, especially if the next President is going to be a serious Drumpf?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Assalaamu alaikum rah'matullahi wa barakatu

Based upon the title and op content, one's focus is directed toward Islam. I'd hate to confine and limit your individuality and preciously unique life solely to Islamic or ethnic aspects. However, your religion and nationality immediately pulled my mind to Tablighi Jamaat, are you familiar with this movement? When I used to be a Muslim, I became friends with some Brothers of the movement. They invited me for a half-week journey to different Islamic communities of outside areas. We slept in mosques, spread dawah (Islamic knowledge), and stayed in the remembrance of Allah and Islam. It is, perhaps, the most divine and uplifting Islamic experience I've ever had. All of the Brothers of the jamaat were of Indian and Pakistani descent, which is why your thread title aroused my memory of this experience.

Welcome to ATS, and remember, all humans are sons and daughters of Adam. We are all intimately Brethren, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or nationality. Ma salaam.

edit on 3/31/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Salaams, brother.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Welcome, Thothful

As far as I'm concerned everyone is an individual.

If any personal ideology helps someone be a better person, that's great.

There is zero reason people of different thinking can't be respectful friends.

But, when religious ideology enters politics then it becomes a problem.

Hang tough

edit on 31-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

When I was younger I accepted Evolution. I took biology and a number of other science classes in a top university. But frankly I think that the theory is missing something. I can't say what. Here I'll say this I do not believe the world is 6000 years old. I believe that man has had a soul for that long, but before physical bodies were still working in tandem with the world around it. Then something happened, and man was able to go outside of the cycles of nature to create things and as compensation for this sin man(and woman) now have awareness of there own existence(a soul) and the ability to create things and contemplate higher ideas.

I am sorry if that doesn't answer your question. I just do not believe that all of this was the result of a bunch of random accidents.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I like your perspective, and thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Walaikum asalam brother

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You are correct about the sun as long as you understand what "good" means in the philosophical context. It's the ability to use knowledge passed the senses and interpret with the minds eye. I wasn't sure if you were speaking of good and evil. Which is a different concept. Plato thought the only way to understand knowledge was in the mind and not with the senses. The sun was a metaphor for that. You can copy light but not the sun.

I am glad to have you aboard. Glad to hear you can appreciate the esoteric interpretation of the Koran. Which makes some of the stories easier to accept as allegory. Obviously you appreciate philosophy as well. I never made it to Pakistan but spent time in Gujarat and Rajasthan. I had some great philosophy sessions with Sufis there.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Salaam,

I am not familiar with the movement though I will look into it and thank you for providing me with the link. I am glad that you were able to derive such a good experience from this movement.

I agree, we are all brethren.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS thothful. It sounds like you are interested in history and philosophy and many other interesting topics. I'm looking forward to talking with you on the forums

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
you had me @6000 years old/ deal breaker

welcome all the same

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You are the first person to catch that. I have been using Thoth in my emails and the various screennames for long time.

No I will not move haha. I hear Canada is nice however. But I live and work and pay taxes in the United States and am grateful to live here. I also have my family and friends here and could not leave. I would be sad. Frankly when I look at Donald Trump I do not think he will ban all Muslims. I think it is a bluff. He may end up becoming more neutral than most expect, that is just a guess however and I could be completely wrong and he is the next hitler haha.

If he became president I would be okay with it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thank you Famcore, yes I am a fan of philosophy!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In case you missed it, I will ask once more, I'd prefer these questions not to buried...

Is there any honest way you could make a statement that is critical of Islam?

Do you contextualize the text or do you believe it to be the living word of allah?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thank you for the welcome luthier.

I am glad you brought up the difference between "Good and Evil" and "Good" in the philosophical context. I am guessing you have probably read Nietzsche's "On the Genealogy of Morality." I feel like that was the best description of the difference between those two versions of "Good" that I have came across.

I also have a deep appreciation for the esoteric teachings. I am always blown away whenever I learn more about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Regarding evolution. Gobleki Tempe is older than 6000 years. We have many records of humans transitioning from stone tools, using fire etc, even dating to archaic humans over 100,000 years ago in Israel. It seems obvious this is an allegory story in the scripture.

I am not a believer but do hold some panthiest and Diest thoughts when considering creation. I just don't see how the 6000 years has any credibility on any level other than as a teaching method for a first cause or necessary being.

No disrespect and don't mean to pry I am just a philosopher at heart. I like discussion with people who have thought out beliefs.
edit on 31-3-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Do you contextualize the text or do you believe it to be the living word of allah?

Why not both?

You're putting limitations on Faith, which is not logical.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Ummm...are you planning a cell phone activation...or are you a land line kind of guy...?

If so which carrier do you prefer...to get the most coverage...?

You did request that we ask you...anything...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

And kudos for opening thread like this. It s always useful to have an open inside source.

I have so many questions, but for the moment i d like to focus on sharia law.

Maybe first, since there are different views: which school of islam do you follow?
I guess wahabbism is already off the table.

About the sharia law: if i understand it correctly it is the only law which is accepted in the muslim faith?
How do you or your school decide which law to follow, when living in a non-muslim country?
I imagine there are often cases where for instance the US law is different than the sharia.

Ma salama.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join